Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-06-18, 07:31 PM
All Region

ccalum
Judge's reasoning, DPS comment on Dunbar case

Read comments from accountability from DPS superintendent near top, explanation of issue at hand and testimony in middle, and judge's explanation near bottom.
https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...MbUfsWZ0RvqNM/
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-18, 12:07 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
So, the kid OHSAA wanted suspended for leaving the bench had been sent to the locker room by the JV coach before the brawl even took place?

Still doesn't excuse the total mismanagement by the Dunbar and DPS administrators.
Old 03-08-18, 10:28 AM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
So, the kid OHSAA wanted suspended for leaving the bench had been sent to the locker room by the JV coach before the brawl even took place?

Still doesn't excuse the total mismanagement by the Dunbar and DPS administrators.
Better lump the OHSAA into that group as well. All this tells me in that part of the state there are a lot of people who want to see Dunbar out of the tourney, just eliminate them.
Old 03-08-18, 10:41 AM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
After last night, I think they should be banned from the tourney for being a disgrace to basketball. Nobody deserves to ever have to watch or play in a game like that.
Old 03-08-18, 10:48 AM
Freshman

Tarheel2336 is on a distinguished road
What happened last night? Saw the score was very low.
Old 03-08-18, 11:08 AM
All District

BelmontBison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
After last night, I think they should be banned from the tourney for being a disgrace to basketball. Nobody deserves to ever have to watch or play in a game like that.
So when suburban schools run the clocks down because they think they are smart its fine. When a city school outsmarts them they should be banned? Lmao ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun. Fenwick was out coached period....
Old 03-08-18, 11:12 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
You should've left.......
Old 03-08-18, 11:32 AM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7004823]So when suburban schools run the clocks down because they think they are smart its fine. When a city school outsmarts them they should be banned? Lmao ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun. Fenwick was out coached period....[/QUO

Fenwick out coached? I'm having a hard time trying to figure that out... What did Dunbar do to adjust going against the zone?
Old 03-08-18, 11:36 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Ballin50;7004852]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelmontBison View Post
So when suburban schools run the clocks down because they think they are smart its fine. When a city school outsmarts them they should be banned? Lmao ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun. Fenwick was out coached period....[/QUO

Fenwick out coached? I'm having a hard time trying to figure that out... What did Dunbar do to adjust going against the zone?
....Win lol
Old 03-08-18, 01:17 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Ballin50;7004852]
Quote:
So when suburban schools run the clocks down because they think they are smart its fine. When a city school outsmarts them they should be banned? Lmao ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun. Fenwick was out coached period....[/QUO

Hold the ball..Lol!
Old 03-08-18, 04:46 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Ballin50;7004852]
Quote:

You tell me? If a coach has a gameplan and a coach counters it and you don't change. That's called being out coached.
Old 03-08-18, 06:57 PM
Freshman

bbprodigy is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7005151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin50 View Post

You tell me? If a coach has a gameplan and a coach counters it and you don't change. That's called being out coached.
Well if game plan was to be in a 1 possession game the last 3 minutes it seems to me that he got what he wanted. Just didnt work out. Hard to watch but it gave Fenwick a chance. Thats usually all you want against a more athletic team.
Old 03-08-18, 09:59 PM
All District

[QUOTE=bbprodigy;7005220]
Quote:

Well if game plan was to be in a 1 possession game the last 3 minutes it seems to me that he got what he wanted. Just didnt work out. Hard to watch but it gave Fenwick a chance. Thats usually all you want against a more athletic team.
Hell of a job he lost because he didn't come out the zone! That's got to be the dumbest thought as a coach u could think of. If u commend that you just as dumb as Fenwick's coaching staff!
Old 03-08-18, 10:15 PM
Freshman

[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7005410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprodigy View Post

Hell of a job he lost because he didn't come out the zone! That's got to be the dumbest thought as a coach u could think of. If u commend that you just as dumb as Fenwick's coaching staff!
Yeah bison if he came out of zone in 3rd period and dunbar ran off 3 or 4 quick buckets against man to man - then what are you looking at besides a blow out?
If dunbar was confident they were that good then they would have forced the issue and tried to score. Only thing i would have done different was foul earlier to put dunbar at line the last 3 minutes. They were 0 for 10 from 3 line and i would have made them shoot 10-12 fts last 3 minutes. If things had ended with dunbar losing by 1 would you be on here calling dunbar coach an idiot? And keep your insults to yourself. I kept waiting for a Dayton judge to come out the stands last night with a court order forcing Fenwick to play man.
Old 03-08-18, 10:44 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7005410]
Quote:

Per the Journal News:

Kreke, now 364-297 in 29 seasons at the Fenwick helm--so when you've coached in 661 Varsity basketball games then you can call a coaching staff "dumb"--he did exactly what he thought was the best thing to give his team the best chance to win--they came up 1 point short--if Fenwick wins doing that I guess you would say Dunbar's coach is dumb
Old 03-08-18, 11:51 PM
All District

[QUOTE=CometCountry;7005450]
Quote:

Per the Journal News:

Kreke, now 364-297 in 29 seasons at the Fenwick helm--so when you've coached in 661 Varsity basketball games then you can call a coaching staff "dumb"--he did exactly what he thought was the best thing to give his team the best chance to win--they came up 1 point short--if Fenwick wins doing that I guess you would say Dunbar's coach is dumb
He thought wrong. Just because you coach 661 games makes you good? He is close to 60% wow great! How many times he been to State?
Old 03-08-18, 11:53 PM
All District

Talking

[QUOTE=bbprodigy;7005424]
Quote:

Yeah bison if he came out of zone in 3rd period and dunbar ran off 3 or 4 quick buckets against man to man - then what are you looking at besides a blow out?
If dunbar was confident they were that good then they would have forced the issue and tried to score. Only thing i would have done different was foul earlier to put dunbar at line the last 3 minutes. They were 0 for 10 from 3 line and i would have made them shoot 10-12 fts last 3 minutes. If things had ended with dunbar losing by 1 would you be on here calling dunbar coach an idiot? And keep your insults to yourself. I kept waiting for a Dayton judge to come out the stands last night with a court order forcing Fenwick to play man.
LMAO
Old 03-09-18, 01:05 AM
Freshman

[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7005475]
Quote:

LMAO
Bison-so i guess since belmont lost to miamisburg the belmont coach is dumb and got out coached? That game plan obviously didnt work and he didnt counter with anything. How can you watch a team play 1 game and not know their personnel and make a judgement on how they should have played?
Old 03-09-18, 07:00 AM
All District

[QUOTE=bbprodigy;7005492]
Quote:

Bison-so i guess since belmont lost to miamisburg the belmont coach is dumb and got out coached? That game plan obviously didnt work and he didnt counter with anything. How can you watch a team play 1 game and not know their personnel and make a judgement on how they should have played?
See you don't even know what your talking about. Coaches exchange film before games. Regardless they knew they were playing athletes. Their is no adjustment for that. The coach (Belmont) should've made an adjustment. Hubbard wouldn't have beat me by himself. That wasn't the reason they lost in my opinion. They lost because they had a team full of players that lack mental toughness. Out of 12 only 2 possessed that trait!

Last edited by BelmontBison; 03-10-18 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-09-18, 07:04 AM
Freshman

[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7005474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post

He thought wrong. Just because you coach 661 games makes you good? He is close to 60% wow great! How many times he been to State?
Bison your ignorance continues to show through. For the majority of those years his team was a D4 playing in a league full of D1 and D2 teams. And when they joined the gcl they were still the smallest school in the league for the longest time. Took a little time to build program to consistantly compete with Alter, CJ, and Bacon let alone playing the gcl south big boys Moeller, Elder, X and Lasalle. All while having the main feeder school having less than 100 kids per grade. Fenwick doesnt have a voucher system and Kreke has never recruited a kid in his life. He takes what shows up in the building every fall and does the best he can. More to high school basketball than wins and losses and Kreke understands and teaches those values.

Oh and how many other coachs in the area have been to state? Throw out the sports factories and the cheaters and there arent many.
Old 03-09-18, 07:55 AM
All District

[QUOTE=bbprodigy;7005535]
Quote:

Bison your ignorance continues to show through. For the majority of those years his team was a D4 playing in a league full of D1 and D2 teams. And when they joined the gcl they were still the smallest school in the league for the longest time. Took a little time to build program to consistantly compete with Alter, CJ, and Bacon let alone playing the gcl south big boys Moeller, Elder, X and Lasalle. All while having the main feeder school having less than 100 kids per grade. Fenwick doesnt have a voucher system and Kreke has never recruited a kid in his life. He takes what shows up in the building every fall and does the best he can. More to high school basketball than wins and losses and Kreke understands and teaches those values.

Oh and how many other coachs in the area have been to state? Throw out the sports factories and the cheaters and there arent many.
Kreke does it the great "American" way? Lol Tell Bill Belicheck and the Patriots that. By the way Belmont's coach has 2 state titles.....
Old 03-09-18, 08:39 AM
Junior Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
Bison

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Old 03-09-18, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Bad display of basketball on both sides. If your losing why would you let opposite team run off 8 minutes. If you dont want to go man there are other zones that can atleast force the ball to be moved around or create a 5 second call.

Fenwick was also in a basic zone something you should learn to beat in pee wee ball. I don’t care if its suburban teams, city whatever that is bad for the game and the people who spent money to get in. Guess survive and advance is all that matters though.

OHSAA please bring a shot clock
Old 03-09-18, 10:36 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Posted by BelmontBison:
See you don't even though what your talking about. Coaches exchange film before games. Regardless they knew they were playing athletes. Their is no adjustment for that. The coach (Belmont) should've made an adjustment. Hubbard wouldn't have beat me by himself. That wasn't the reason they lost in my opinion. They lost because they had a team full of players that lack mental toughness. Out of 12 only 2 possessed that trait![/QUOTE]

So in your limited basketball opinion Belmont losing to Dunbar 58-57 (1 point) is a "better loss" than Fenwick losing 27-26 (1 point) to Dunbar---I'd say both losing coach's strategy gave their players a great chance to win at the end of the game against a stronger opponent--that is what good HS coaches do each and every game. Kreke has done that for 29 years and 99% of Ohio bball coaches would love to have Kreke's career--he coaches the kids who come to Fenwick well enough to win over 360 games
Old 03-09-18, 10:36 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So when suburban schools run the clocks down because they think they are smart its fine. When a city school outsmarts them they should be banned? Lmao ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun. Fenwick was out coached period....
I love this post.
Old 03-09-18, 01:19 PM
Freshman

[QUOTE=BelmontBison;7005547]
Quote:

Kreke does it the great "American" way? Lol Tell Bill Belicheck and the Patriots that. By the way Belmont's coach has 2 state titles.....
Bison - since you brought it up. Didnt Belmont coach have to forfeit 5 games during the 2010 state championship season for using ineligible player? Some things never change. Im guessing not following rules isnt the “american way” but it is the DPS way.
Old 03-09-18, 01:38 PM
All American

[QUOTE=bbprodigy;7005846]
Quote:

Bison - since you brought it up. Didnt Belmont coach have to forfeit 5 games during the 2010 state championship season for using ineligible player? Some things never change. Im guessing not following rules isnt the “american way” but it is the DPS way.
Not my fight, but Winston was coaching at Jefferson Township then. Not a Dayton Public School. Plus if I remember correctly the eligibility issues was due to the transfer student playing to many quarters. It was re-checked very late in the season by the admin after OHSAA already ruled the kid eligible. JT wanted to make sure and the "Association" came back later and said "nope he should not be playing". The almighty association!!! It happened before with a homeschooled kid that the association ruled eligible initially. Then later came back and said the same thing. Proof the Association makes mistakes and kids pay the cost!

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...8EFxtbNn7zmTN/

Out of this thread, back to the Dunbar one....
Old 03-09-18, 02:16 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=member1;7005862]
Quote:

Not my fight, but Winston was coaching at Jefferson Township then. Not a Dayton Public School. Plus if I remember correctly the eligibility issues was due to the transfer student playing to many quarters. It was re-checked very late in the season by the admin after OHSAA already ruled the kid eligible. JT wanted to make sure and the "Association" came back later and said "nope he should not be playing". The almighty association!!! It happened before with a homeschooled kid that the association ruled eligible initially. Then later came back and said the same thing. Proof the Association makes mistakes and kids pay the cost!

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...8EFxtbNn7zmTN/

Out of this thread, back to the Dunbar one....
That doesn't mean the OHSAA made the mistake, the original eligible was based on verbal story. Obviously, someone else knew the truth, asked them to INVESTIGATE and it contradicted the verbal. The actual mistake was the VERBAL by the Jefferson staff.
Old 03-09-18, 02:27 PM
All American

[QUOTE=Groundhog Day;7005885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post

That doesn't mean the OHSAA made the mistake, the original eligible was based on verbal story. Obviously, someone else knew the truth, asked them to INVESTIGATE and it contradicted the verbal. The actual mistake was the VERBAL by the Jefferson staff.
OMG!! It is officially official! The Association is made up of Meta Humans and Mutants.

They are not Humans because they can never make mistakes. I am done! Have a great weekend!
Old 03-09-18, 04:40 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=member1;7005898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post

OMG!! It is officially official! The Association is made up of Meta Humans and Mutants.

They are not Humans because they can never make mistakes. I am done! Have a great weekend!
Didn't say they never make a mistake, did say they did with Dunbar. If someone SAYS something to YOU and later you see documentation that what was said was WRONG, did YOU make a MISTAKE. They said he was eligible based on what AD SAID. When someone showed them AD WAS WRONG with DOCUMENTATION, they ruled INELIGIBLE. Again, to me AD MADE MISTAKE.

Agree, all of this needs to go to one new thread on DPS consequences.