Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-18, 01:18 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Is 14red saying Zane Gonzolez shouldnít be released cause missed kicks happen?
EP, you continue to be wrong about 100% of the time. My point is not that Gonzales should be released. He's not doing his job, if they can find someone better, they can make the move.

My point is that people go nuts over something they assume is easy? If it was was easy, everyone would be an NFL kicker. I'd say you grab 10 people off the street and maybe two could make an extra point, kicking off a tee with no rush in an empty stadium. It's not easy. Go do something constructive.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-18, 01:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Of course.

You said it was funny when people complain about athletes who fail at things that they themselves cannot do...so that means you have either never complained about an athlete or you are secretly Dave Winfield (who was drafted in 3 sports) and an expert at everything
I certainly don't complain to the point that I could do a better job than they do. Like it or not, Zane Gonzales kicks footballs better than most, he would have never won the Browns kicking job. He just didn't perform and he's out of a job.

For people to think it's simple is just silly.
Old 09-18-18, 02:45 PM
All World

Ok, thoughts on Josh Gordon going to the Patriots.

I for one really don't like it. I think it's a really bad look for the NFL to allow a player to improve his situation like Gordon. Why is he even allowed to participate?
Why can't the NFL ban players with multiple offenses??? You talk about protecting the shield. Why can't the league just put players on a banned list? He can go play in Canada or the arena league. The NFL is not a right, it's a privilege.
Old 09-18-18, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post

I for one really don't like it. I think it's a really bad look for the NFL to allow a player to improve his situation like Gordon. Why is he even allowed to participate?
Why can't the NFL ban players with multiple offenses??? You talk about protecting the shield. Why can't the league just put players on a banned list? He can go play in Canada or the arena league. The NFL is not a right, it's a privilege.
Um.

He was on a banned list.

For over a year.

He served his time and got his chance to come back. I don't see a problem with giving guys extra chances, especially for non violent offense and after they serve a suspension

Which he did.

Quite a few of them.

This falls more to the Browns than the NFL. They coddled him so much that he ended up taking advantage of the them.
Old 09-18-18, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It's not like the Browns had to agree to send him to New England.
Old 09-18-18, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Iím good with it. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-18-18, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
it's their job. The only thing they get paid to do is kick xp's and fg's. Missing one happens, missing two fine bad day. Missing three times or more in one game is terms for termination.
Leaving 8 points on the table after having gone 2 for 4 in a tie game is horrible, but he was kicking injured. Kind of shocked they didn't put him on the IR after having spent a draft pick on him.

No one has ever made as many NCAA D1 FGs
Old 09-18-18, 07:01 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Leaving 8 points on the table after having gone 2 for 4 in a tie game is horrible, but he was kicking injured. Kind of shocked they didn't put him on the IR after having spent a draft pick on him.

No one has ever made as many NCAA D1 FGs
That's on the idiot coach if he was injured.
Old 09-19-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
It’s absolutely moronic to try to decide a game with an injured kicker and then wave him when he misses.

Browns.
Old 09-20-18, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I certainly don't complain to the point that I could do a better job than they do. Like it or not, Zane Gonzales kicks footballs better than most, he would have never won the Browns kicking job. He just didn't perform and he's out of a job.

For people to think it's simple is just silly.
But it's his job. Just because something is difficult for people like you and me, or anyone on Yappi for that matter doesn't give them a pass from criticism or mean they should keep their job.
Old 09-20-18, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Bad look or not if the Patriots turn this guy into Randy Moss 2.0 with Brady they look like geniuses. Time will tell.
Old 09-20-18, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
It's not like the Browns had to agree to send him to New England.
If anything, after Belichick screwed them over by not calling when they traded Garopollo, the Browns were stupid for doing business with NE, period.
Old 09-20-18, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
If anything, after Belichick screwed them over by not calling when they traded Garopollo, the Browns were stupid for doing business with NE, period.
It's a business. What would have been stupid would be passing up the best offer because of hurt feelings.
Old 09-20-18, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They generally wanted what was best for him and sending him into that stable situation was the best thing for Gordon.

....but I would have done whatever possible to trade him to a dog like Arizona.
Old 09-30-18, 07:34 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Earl Thomas breaks his leg and flips off the Seahawks bench as he leaves on a cart!
Old 10-01-18, 06:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Earl Thomas breaks his leg and flips off the Seahawks bench as he leaves on a cart!
What is that about?
Old 10-01-18, 07:18 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
What is that about?
As he is being carted off, gives the one finger salute across the field[odd that it was across the field in the direction of the Seattle bench and not to the nearby fans] to Fans? Seattle bench? hard to tell which.
Old 10-01-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
As he is being carted off, gives the one finger salute across the field[odd that it was across the field in the direction of the Seattle bench and not to the nearby fans] to Fans? Seattle bench? hard to tell which.
Yeah, I saw the gesture....just wasn’t sure why he made it or who he made it to. ESPN made it sound like he flipped off his own bench (like he played for the Browns or Steelers)....wasn’t clear on the intent.
Old 10-01-18, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah, I saw the gesture....just wasnít sure why he made it or who he made it to. ESPN made it sound like he flipped off his own bench (like he played for the Browns or Steelers)....wasnít clear on the intent.
He wants to play for the Cowboys
Old 10-01-18, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
probably b/c seattle won't pay him what he wants? similar to bell, except he chose to play and now out for season.

jtk
()
Old 10-01-18, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I assume it had to so with his ongoing contract dispute and wish to be traded. he figures he'd have some guaranteed money in his pocket and security if they would "have treated him right."
Old 10-01-18, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

Got it. For some reason I thought it was Chancellor who had the contract issue.
Old 10-01-18, 10:07 AM
All World

Gotta love Earl Thomas, according to what I've read, he's made about $58 million in his career, he is under contract with the Seahawks.

How about flipping your employer off, whose made you a multi-millionare before age 30??? How 'bout them apples??? And we wonder what's wrong with some pro athletes??
Old 10-01-18, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

Kam Chancellor retired
Old 10-01-18, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gotta love Earl Thomas, according to what I've read, he's made about $58 million in his career, he is under contract with the Seahawks.

How about flipping your employer off, whose made you a multi-millionare before age 30??? How 'bout them apples??? And we wonder what's wrong with some pro athletes??
Earl Thomas made himself a multi millionaire.
Old 10-01-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Kam Chancellor retired
I probably canít name more than 5 Seahawks anymore.
Old 10-01-18, 10:20 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Yup. I can't blame these guys for feeling like they're getting stiffed. The owners pocket SO much cash with essentially no risk at all.
Old 10-01-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Damn shame how owners twist their arms and hold their families hostages to get the players to sign those contracts.

Surprising just how fast the Seahawks fell apart.
Old 10-01-18, 10:31 AM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:

All the Seahawks did was pay Earl Thomas the least amount of money they had to in order to keep him. Please, "made him a multi-millionaire"? His play is what has made him a multi-millionaire.
Old 10-01-18, 11:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
TV networks who pay millions of dollars to put games on TV made Earl a millionaire. He's a good football player. That's about it.