Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-27-18, 06:57 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Mack, man, take their suggestion. It's not worth getting worked up over. You really gonna split hairs over who was throwing tires around in Pittsburgh?

Start a Jax thread. They might surprise a few people this year. You'll be happier.
Old 06-27-18, 07:02 AM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
From where else "all over the country" did they come to flip tires?
How about
Maryland
New York
Pennsylvania
Ohio
West Virginia
Virginia
Michigan
Illnois
South Carolina

Now do your typical troll response of prove it or post a link when somebody makes you look stupid. By the way are you attending Band Camp this week at Jackson?
Old 06-27-18, 07:22 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
TS, you can call people out all you want, it seems that's all your posts ever do is bash someone elses posts but please don't call anyone a troll or tool. Unless you don't think you're the biggest yappi troll and tool, which you may not since you're obviously troubled.
Green 2018 thread ? Why are you on here ?
Old 06-27-18, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Green 2018 thread ? Why are you on here ?
Why are you on a Jackson thread, why are you on a FL thread? I love HS football, that's why I'm here, I root for multiple local teams yearly.
Old 06-27-18, 07:47 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Mack, man, take their suggestion. It's not worth getting worked up over. You really gonna split hairs over who was throwing tires around in Pittsburgh?

Start a Jax thread. They might surprise a few people this year. You'll be happier.
Nah. When you live his life you could never be happy.
Old 06-27-18, 08:37 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
SVSM and Massillon certainly not easing into the season by opening with each other. It should be a good test and an early preview of what we can expect from both teams and there aren't many more enjoyable places to watch a high school game than PBTS.
Old 06-27-18, 08:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
SVSM and Massillon certainly not easing into the season by opening with each other. It should be a good test and an early preview of what we can expect from both teams and there aren't many more enjoyable places to watch a high school game than PBTS.
Real good opener. And I agree. Although early it will surely be a barometer for the year. Should be a doozy.
Old 06-27-18, 09:09 AM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
I expect nothing less than a final four appearance. The talent on our team is leaps and bounds better than those in DII
Old 06-27-18, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Real good opener. And I agree. Although early it will surely be a barometer for the year. Should be a doozy.
The only thing that concerns me is the potential weather. Hopefully, it isn't one of those late August, 90 degree cramp-fests.
Old 06-27-18, 09:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
The only thing that concerns me is the potential weather. Hopefully, it isn't one of those late August, 90 degree cramp-fests.
I would assume if it's like every August up there it's going to be exactly that. Two great programs with great staffs. They'll have them hydrated. Sure is an exciting way to start the season though isn't it?
Old 06-27-18, 09:46 AM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
I expect nothing less than a final four appearance. The talent on our team is leaps and bounds better than those in DII
The Tigers being there at the end only makes sense. SVSM will be every bit as talented and their line might be bigger. The opener should be a great one. Leaps and bounds might be a stretch with Hoban, WW, Lasalle in the mix and your crosstown Panthers add an interesting dimension to D2. Avon and Toledo CC can’t be overlooked either. This might be the deepest D2 has been in a while.
Old 06-27-18, 09:50 AM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
FWIW, Nate Moore is proving that a coach that was successful in a private school can be successful in a public school where the community rallies around the team and Massillon definitely rallies around their Tigers.
Old 06-27-18, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

Oddly, Massillon may have a more talented team this year but may have a tougher road to the final 4 as last year was a down year for Region 7.
Old 06-27-18, 11:21 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Typically the Irish are a little slow out of the gate at the beginning of a season. The thought is you'd rather play them early than late. But that certainly wasn't the case last year when they played maybe their most complete game of the season against a VERY good Tri-Valley team in Week One. It's going to take another effort like that one to keep the Irish in the game with the Tigers this year.
Old 06-27-18, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Obviously the teams you mentioned are extremely formidable to say the least. Good post.
Old 06-28-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
I would still like to see Avon and Massillon do the "alpha - omega" thing and start the season against each other in the first scrimmage and end the season against each other in the state championship. As has been noted earlier in this thread, however, there are plenty of formidable D2 teams able to keep that from occurring...Hoban being chief among them.
Old 06-28-18, 12:46 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Back to the thread, Iím very excited for Longwell at QB; kid can be a stud. Itís a shame Olí Keithy doesnít know how to develop QBs hahahaha
Old 06-28-18, 02:17 PM
All Region

MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
Are those weights listed for our projected OL accurate? I didnít think those kids were that big honestly. Looking forward to seeing Tre play some DE this year.
Old 06-28-18, 03:15 PM
All American

MassillonTigers3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassillonMike View Post
Are those weights listed for our projected OL accurate? I didn’t think those kids were that big honestly. Looking forward to seeing Tre play some DE this year.
Mattox and Burgess are both over 300lbs actually.
Old 06-28-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Size is overrated. Last year's o-line was very good. Should probably credit the new o-line coach also. If this year's is comparable let alone improved that will be a great thing, given the returning skill positions.
Old 06-28-18, 04:26 PM
All Region

MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
Lol guess I’m not a good judge of weight just by looking at people lol. And yeah TogerPaw, I agree. I was just taken back a little by those listed weights. Once again, my eyes done failed me! Lol
Old 06-28-18, 06:08 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old 06-28-18, 06:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Size is overrated. Last year's o-line was very good. Should probably credit the new o-line coach also. If this year's is comparable let alone improved that will be a great thing, given the returning skill positions.
SVSM's line last year was huge and many of them are returning. While they were huge, they were not particularly effective.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 06-28-18 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-28-18, 06:13 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Size is overrated.
That's what she said.
Old 06-29-18, 10:16 PM
All District

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Is there a Perry 2018 thread ?
You knew the fed girls would have their panties all in a bunch when this thread started today.
What kind of whacked comment is that? let me educate you gramps, the key phrase I stated was alledged recruits, thats all, alledged transfers, what an arse clown yous is
Old 06-29-18, 10:20 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Back to the thread, Iím very excited for Longwell at QB; kid can be a stud. Itís a shame Olí Keithy doesnít know how to develop QBs hahahaha
Still pissed he isn't over here, I think with his arm we could of won a state title, but i understand he likes to throw the football and probably wouldn't of ever done that here. Kid is an athlete. Your welcome Tigers
Old 06-29-18, 10:29 PM
All District

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballCrazy1 View Post
Still pissed he isn't over here, I think with his arm we could of won a state title, but i understand he likes to throw the football and probably wouldn't of ever done that here. Kid is an athlete. Your welcome Tigers
Boy, week 13 cant get here fast enough, lets hope Massillon doesnt choke this time around
Old 06-29-18, 11:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
What kind of whacked comment is that? let me educate you gramps, the key phrase I stated was alledged recruits, thats all, alledged transfers, what an arse clown yous is
There is truly nothing better then tools like this Perry kid coming on here flapping his pie hole and proving how great the Perry education is. What in the hell does alledged mean ?
Old 06-29-18, 11:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Boy, week 13 cant get here fast enough, lets hope Massillon doesnt choke this time around
Perry 2018 thread to talk about your 5í7Ē DBís...LMAO
Old 06-30-18, 02:39 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
What's the turnover/outlook on Massillon's defense? We already know Longwell can put up the points, but the Tigers had some ugly points against last season. 46+ points allowed four times. That's not to say they were bad because those totals came against VERY good teams, but looking through the rest of the schedule it all still equated to just an average or mediocre defense.

That's the main thing that worries me with this Tigers team is a sense of overconfidence. Longwell should shred a Perry secondary on any given date, but one stinger or concussion and the game's blown wide open if last year's defense isn't improved. All the more important against teams better than Perry. Very interested to see how McConnell at DC does as he did great work at Jackson when he was there, was sorry to see him go.