Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-20-18, 01:34 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood-Madison 2018

What do the defending champs have coming back? The schedule is brutal. Winton Woods (D2 runner up) Simeon Chicago, and Pickerington Central (Division 1 Champ.) So I guess we will know pretty early. Early indications is that they will be another rough bunch.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-18, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Donít forget Wayne. I donít know anything about Simeon except they have a good basketball team most years. Trotwood will play 3 very strong teams but the conference games will all be non competitive blow outs.

I will say 8-2
Old 06-20-18, 01:56 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
I would say 7-3 with losses to Wayne, Winton Woods,pic central. But even with that I could see them going back to the state championship and win
Old 06-20-18, 03:46 PM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
But even with that I could see them going back to the state championship and win
They should at least repeat as D3 state champ but it would really be something for them to repeat as D1 and D3 state champs like last season.
Old 06-20-18, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Quote:
I would say 7-3 with losses to Wayne, Winton Woods,pic central. But even with that I could see them going back to the state championship and win
If they go 7-3 with those three losses, there is a 50% chance they don't make the playoffs. They will need the computer points from them games because the conference games will not give them much.
Old 06-21-18, 12:44 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Offensive Lineman Jaison Williams committed to Akron today, besides him and Justin Stephens does anyone have any offers?
Old 06-21-18, 01:00 PM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
I seen on twitter they had a DB just offered by Purdue.
Old 06-21-18, 07:55 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
Who will be the new quarterback?
Old 06-24-18, 02:22 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Tell me why they will lose to Wayne when they have lost a lot. Yes Trotwood has lost Hargrove but they played a lot of young kids. Pick central and Winton Woods was senior heavy last year also
Old 06-24-18, 02:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Offensive Lineman Jaison Williams committed to Akron today, besides him and Justin Stephens does anyone have any offers?
They have 6 kids with offers on there team right now that I seen on twitter. The Wilcox kid has offers and hasn’t played a down yet in a Trotwood uniform, but couldn’t even play at Wayne.
Old 06-25-18, 12:25 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Trotwoods state championship chances depend on whether or not they win/lose to Wayne, right?
Old 06-25-18, 11:27 AM
All American

New Breed is on a distinguished road
Junior DB Sammy Anderson has offers from Boston College, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Ball State, Cincinnati, Toledo, Eastern Kentucky, and Bowling Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Old 06-25-18, 11:30 AM
All American

The Rams are going to have to break in a lot of new skill position players on offense, however the o-line is very strong. The Rams will also be very strong on defense, with about 8 or 9 defensive starters returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
What do the defending champs have coming back? The schedule is brutal. Winton Woods (D2 runner up) Simeon Chicago, and Pickerington Central (Division 1 Champ.) So I guess we will know pretty early. Early indications is that they will be another rough bunch.
Old 06-25-18, 08:24 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Trotwoods state championship chances depend on whether or not they win/lose to Wayne, right?
They need to be more concerned with the late season trip to Stebbins...not an easy place to win at. #StayWoke
Old 06-26-18, 09:09 AM
All World

History

Quote:
Says that win Trotwood-Madison beats Wayne, they are the State Champions in there respective Division. When they have lost to Wayne, they are 0-2 in those title games. Not saying that the two are synonymous, but that seems to be the way it always shapes up. I think it is funny how people keep picking Pickerington Central to beat Trotwood. That is a bad match up for Pickerington. It will be this year too. Winton Woods should be a great game but I like Trotwood in that because of the defense being so good and having so many returners. We will see though.
Old 06-26-18, 06:32 PM
Varsity

rollingthunder is on a distinguished road
Did t-wood lose their d-coordinator??

Heard he is at Lebanon?
Old 06-26-18, 07:33 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
Twood should beat Winton Woods. If Iím correct they were very senior heavy last year.
Old 06-27-18, 10:29 AM
All American

This is almost as automatic as winning Ohio in the presidential election. Whenever Trotwood beats Wayne, they win state.

Quote:
Old 06-28-18, 12:55 PM
All World

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingthunder View Post
Did t-wood lose their d-coordinator??

Heard he is at Lebanon?
Trotwood did lose the D coordinator.
Old 06-30-18, 09:01 AM
All District

Quote:
Trotwood did lose the D coordinator.
Did they so who is running the defense now? And wouldnít that make a difference even with 8-9 players returning.
Old 06-30-18, 09:11 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
They need to be more concerned with the late season trip to Stebbins...not an easy place to win at. #StayWoke
Thatís just like saying they need to watch out for West Carrollton 😂😂
Old 06-30-18, 10:57 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle112 View Post
Twood should beat Winton Woods. If Iím correct they were very senior heavy last year.
???? Winton Woods is always senior heavy, here are the facts if your QB is not a next level player you are in trouble. If you can't stuff the run you are in trouble.
Old 07-11-18, 08:42 PM
All Region

Prodigyson78 is on a distinguished road
How did the 7 on 7 go
Old 07-12-18, 08:36 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
I watched trotwood at a 4 team 7 vs 7 yesterday at fairfield High School they were clearly the best team there. Fairfield Edgwood and Springboro also participated. Trotwood QB looked good throwing the ball against Edgwood and Springboro whose DB's left a lot to be desired in coverage ability. Trotwood receivers were quick and had good hands. There speed was totally superior to the speed of edgwood and springboro. I did not see see Trotwood go up against Fairfield who is more athletic, not sure if I missed it because I got there late or if they just didnt go head to head. It would have been hard to figure out as both teams had on red shirts and red shorts. and red helmets On another note, I hope Edgwood has a helluva running game because their passing game is truly suspect, play after play against both fairfield and trotwood they failed to even throw the ball because noone was open. Who is springboro's Defensive coordinator/DB coach? Their cornerbacks have the worst cover technique I have seen in a long time. Corners lined up facing perpendicular to the WR and slid instead of back pedaling as the receivers approached. By the time the DB turned to run he was already beat play after play.
Old 07-12-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle112 View Post
Keep thinking that. WW will still be good. A number of Seniors did leave but WW will reload as they have a number of players with D1 offers. Defense will be anchored by D-Lineman Anthony Booker (10 offers). The offense has the majority of the line coming back from last year. An all state RB Myan Williams (multiple d1 offers). An all state WR/kick/punt returner Rae'Quan Prince. The key is finding a QB to replace Kenny Mayberry from last year. Two juniors to be are fighting for that spot! Many sophomores got playing experience last year.
Old 07-27-18, 07:52 AM
All American

purplenova
Will the pending state takeover of the district have any impact on sports?
Old 07-27-18, 08:53 AM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Says that win Trotwood-Madison beats Wayne, they are the State Champions in there respective Division. When they have lost to Wayne, they are 0-2 in those title games. Not saying that the two are synonymous, but that seems to be the way it always shapes up. I think it is funny how people keep picking Pickerington Central to beat Trotwood. That is a bad match up for Pickerington. It will be this year too. Winton Woods should be a great game but I like Trotwood in that because of the defense being so good and having so many returners. We will see though.
I understand your sentiment about PC. I am a staunch PC supporter with a son in the program but I will say this. I have followed them since 1998 and one thing is an absolute given. Their history of becoming a MUCH better team later in the season and into the play-offs is fact. Their history of not showing too much in scrimmages and early non-conference games are for real. I am not taking away from the defeat by Trotwood last year but anyone who thinks the PC squad who absolutely manhandled Mentor wasn't a different team than earlier in season needs a reality check bigtime. Keeping that in mind it is my opinion PC will have a tough time with TW again this year.
Old 07-27-18, 09:31 AM
All Region

Prodigyson78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
I understand your sentiment about PC. I am a staunch PC supporter with a son in the program but I will say this. I have followed them since 1998 and one thing is an absolute given. Their history of becoming a MUCH better team later in the season and into the play-offs is fact. Their history of not showing too much in scrimmages and early non-conference games are for real. I am not taking away from the defeat by Trotwood last year but anyone who thinks the PC squad who absolutely manhandled Mentor wasn't a different team than earlier in season needs a reality check bigtime. Keeping that in mind it is my opinion PC will have a tough time with TW again this year.
But you could say that with most teams
Old 07-29-18, 03:09 AM
Freshman

Cuddie is on a distinguished road
Being that TW lost their starting QB, RB, and WR core to graduation, who will be filling these very important postions? From reading several post the defense seem to be solid, I'm curious to know how the offense contribute.