Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-06-18, 01:53 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Division IV Poll (2018 Way Too Early)

1 Steubenville (Steubenville) (196) [12]
2 Clinton-Massie (Clarksville) (172) [5]
3 Cardinal Mooney (Youngstown) (138) [1]
4 Valley View (Germantown) (82)
5 Perry (Perry) (71)
6 Wyoming (Cincinnati) (61)
7 Buchtel (Akron) (60) [2]
8 John Glenn (New Concord) (39)
9 Jonathan Alder (Plain City) (37)
10 St. Marys Memorial (St. Marys) (27)

Others - Shelby (Shelby), Hubbard (Hubbard), Licking Valley (Newark), Ursuline (Youngstown), Indian Hill (Cincinnati)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-18, 05:32 PM
All District

war_admiral is on a distinguished road
I liked the massie QB. Showed a nice arm and confidence in his wideouts and that big young TE. Much respect for that program.

Love to see them again.

RRR
Old 06-30-18, 03:17 PM
Junior Varsity

ambassador is on a distinguished road
I think Steubenville has too many question marks to be considered a favorite this year. They have to replace the QB, the running backs and the O line just for starters. Look for 7-3,and an early out in the playoffs.
Old 06-30-18, 06:40 PM
All District

RollRed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador View Post
I think Steubenville has too many question marks to be considered a favorite this year. They have to replace the QB, the running backs and the O line just for starters. Look for 7-3,and an early out in the playoffs.
Iím not saying this because im a fan, and Iím not saying we are going 15-0 either. But Big Red will surprise a lot of people this year. Trust me
Old 06-30-18, 07:24 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Clinton Massie wins the rematch
Old 06-30-18, 08:58 PM
All District

Quote:
We don't rebuild, we don't replace we reload!!!

We needed to reload at QB since Zach Collaros, Dwight Macon, Marcus Prather, Lee West (passed away & would have been a 3 yr starter) Dimitri Collaros and now Javon Davis.... So yeah we need to reload at QB.

RB are you kidding me....you must follow us from afar because BIG RED was built on the RUN!!!! Plus we have a stable of RB's. Go ask the reserves for Boardman, New Philly, Dover and St Clairsville, see what they say. Then just watch any of the RB's that ran over the opposing starters that were left in the game last year.

Oline we've had to reload every year. Always a question mark! Lets see, last year we lost 3 lineman to injury and dominated the line of scrimmage through the playoffs with back ups and a patch work line up. This years Oline will be better then fine.

We have one of the All Time Greats leading this program.

Im sure will ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Last edited by war_admiral; 06-30-18 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-01-18, 11:18 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Big red always reloads, just like Mooney, if they get in with their rough rough schedul, they usually go very far as does big red
Old 07-01-18, 06:51 PM
Junior Varsity

From what I witnessed last fall, I am not convinced the 2018 Big Red will be up to the task. The QB has taken zero varsity snaps, the OL is almost all new. We lost some very large, experienced and talented players from last year. The RB to me is a question mark....JV success not withstanding. Possibly losing a great defensive coordinator will hurt . Just too many question marks for me to see another great year. And....yes we are very spoiled.
Old 07-02-18, 06:49 PM
All Region

ICBM is on a distinguished road
ambassador, that’s a pretty good sand bagging description of Big Red. LOL. They may not be as strong as last year early but by playoff time they will be the team to beat.
Old 07-04-18, 12:16 AM
All District

Quote:
From what I witnessed last fall, I am not convinced the 2018 Big Red will be up to the task. The QB has taken zero varsity snaps, the OL is almost all new. We lost some very large, experienced and talented players from last year. The RB to me is a question mark....JV success not withstanding. Possibly losing a great defensive coordinator will hurt . Just too many question marks for me to see another great year. And....yes we are very spoiled.
Zach, Dwight, Marcus, Dimitri and Javon* had taken zero varsity reps at Big Red. so yeah, there were questions. The running game with those back up OL and those back up RB's, ran all over varsity starters of every team on our schedule. Playing a lot of back up minutes. Also going deep into the playoffs helps with the younger players with reps.

When Radak left as Offensive Coordinator did we stumble did it hurt? Nope we SCORED EVEN MORE!!!! Record POINTS & TD's. A "GREATER PASSION" from the coaching staff is the reason this team will be up to the challenge.

Only 01' & 10' were we a one and done and missed the playoffs in 00'. So 3 out of 18 years we've made deep runs into the playoffs and 3 State Trophies!!! "SO YEAH, WHAT I WITNESSED LAST FALL, Im 100% convinced The 2018 team will be up to the task! why you ask?......4 words my friend. EYE OF THE PAST!!!

RRR
*Javon started as a frosh but not for BR
*Cesare Jennings OT also played will be a SR.

Last edited by war_admiral; 07-04-18 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-05-18, 02:01 AM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
7-3??? Hahahah
Old 07-07-18, 11:08 AM
Junior Varsity

I understand your blind passion, WA, but I am not convinced. There is a big difference between mop up duty and meaningful snaps. When Bernard went down in the Finals, the coaching staff didn’t trust the underclassmen to bring home the victory. Blocking assignments and ball security were a concern, otherwise Petteway and Davis would not have carried the load.
Can these underclassmen step up and be the next group of Big Red elite...hopefully. But it is asking a lot to replace so many key personnel in one year. Penn Hills will be a handful as will the HUN team. Dover and New Philadelphia will be toss up games...so I stand by my prediction of 7-3. We shall see in November .
Old 07-07-18, 02:09 PM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Thomas meyers from massie gonna have a big year
Old 07-07-18, 11:52 PM
All District

Quote:
I understand your blind passion, WA, but I am not convinced. There is a big difference between mop up duty and meaningful snaps. When Bernard went down in the Finals, the coaching staff didnít trust the underclassmen to bring home the victory. Blocking assignments and ball security were a concern, otherwise Petteway and Davis would not have carried the load.
Can these underclassmen step up and be the next group of Big Red elite...hopefully. But it is asking a lot to replace so many key personnel in one year. Penn Hills will be a handful as will the HUN team. Dover and New Philadelphia will be toss up games...so I stand by my prediction of 7-3. We shall see in November .
Blind passion its not. Know Your Foe;

-9 home games

-The Hun lost their OL that went both ways and their starting QB and WR's that played both ways. This team will not be ready for Death Valley or our defense.

-Penn Hills is a harbin cow and we will handle them IF they can teach the secondary to FIND & LOCATE the ball. Its been a sore spot on so many of our teams. This needs correcting ASAP. Plus we will be well conditioned and to physical

-New Philly wont stop our running or passing game. Our front 7 will dominate theirs. Flip the coin on the over/under being 55

-Dover will always be a fun game. But the RED isn't the only team that needs to build a OL.I like how the backers can cover and get depth after all the teams we've played in the playoffs.

Trust- One could say that he put them in that position. As a coach you position your team/players in the BEST situations.
Vs Massie by Reno's own error Massie was in the game right before half. I can site others but lets be positive

I agree he didn't TRUST the back ups. I posted days ago on Ovathletics that Reno needs to TRUST his players and his younger staff in key situation's and games. I mean what trust was built during the season to decide to kick a FG.

He said it best after the 2nd CBH loss in the media room "maybe if these seniors had a coach with balls the outcome might have been different"- Reno Saccoccia

All that said i TRUST this staff to build a OL that will come together through the season and ready to ROLL in the playofffs.
I TRUST that we will have many diff types of RB's to fit the many diff situations created by the Coordinator
I TRUST that while watching #14 play at every level that his LOVE to COMPETE and lead will have carry over to the rest of the team.

So yeah TRUST!!!

RRR
Old 07-10-18, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Big red always reloads, just like Mooney, if they get in with their rough rough schedul, they usually go very far as does big red
Been a while since Mooney actually reloaded
Old 07-31-18, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Mooney loaded
Old 08-24-18, 09:03 PM
Junior Varsity

War Admiral, from what I witnessed tonight, I will stand by my 7-3 prediction. You were correct on the weakness of our DB coverage. All three Penn Hills TD’s were fade passes over our DB.
We need a lot of work on the offensive side of the ball, especially in the passing game. Penn Hills was no slouch for sure and I think they had the better of the statistics.
Old 08-25-18, 11:00 AM
All District

HE74 is on a distinguished road
Girard should be in the top 5. Ursuline should not be on the list.
Old 08-25-18, 11:49 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
That top 5 is loaded maybe top ten for Girard, Perry embarrassed them last year and they are 5th on this poll
Old 08-25-18, 12:18 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Have a feeling Hubbard will have something to say about this list as the season continues. We'll see.