Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-02-18, 01:56 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
GMC Football Outlook for 18-19

We all know that Colerain will be the heavy favorites once again. But who else can compete for the league title this coming year. What is your top 10 pre rankings

Also Princeton Vikings stadium is getting a new press box and bleachers. Construction just started if anybody cared
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-18, 01:58 PM
All Ohio

Colerain
Mason
Sycamore
Princeton
LE
FF
Hamilton
LW
Middies
OH
Old 04-02-18, 09:11 PM
All Region

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
What is the over/under for how many yards the running back from Colerain will have next year?
Old 04-03-18, 06:22 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
What is the over/under for how many yards the running back from Colerain will have next year?
At least 1,500 yards lol. Nobody in the GMC has figured out how to stop Colerain's running attack
Old 04-03-18, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Of course it's awfully early to do anything other than guess at next season and I have to admit that outside of Fairfield and figuring that Colerain will always be at or near the top I'm woefully ignorant of everybody else in the league at this point so I won't even try to list a top ten.

But based on the numbers I'm hearing are involved in the program and the success of the younger classes over the last 5 years I'm guessing Fairfield should finish in the top 3. Whether the Indians have any hope of unseating Colerain remains to be seen though I wouldn't bet on it. However a top 3 finish and return trip to the playoffs would be my base expectation for FF in 2018.
Old 04-03-18, 08:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Of course it's awfully early to do anything other than guess at next season and I have to admit that outside of Fairfield and figuring that Colerain will always be at or near the top I'm woefully ignorant of everybody else in the league at this point so I won't even try to list a top ten.

But based on the numbers I'm hearing are involved in the program and the success of the younger classes over the last 5 years I'm guessing Fairfield should finish in the top 3. Whether the Indians have any hope of unseating Colerain remains to be seen though I wouldn't bet on it. However a top 3 finish and return trip to the playoffs would be my base expectation for FF in 2018.

I feel the same way about my Vikes. They have a lot of talent coming back especially on defense with Henry and Thomas as the leaders and top recruits in the state. Good youth success and good coaching staff, but will it be enough to knock off Colerain
Old 04-03-18, 10:36 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
I look forward to seeing what the Princeton offense looks like under Pflug. They may be the dark horse in the league this year. They lost some close ones last year, but I think that changes this year.
Old 04-03-18, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Once again looking forward to seeing how many D1 offers we can accumulate on a 3-7 team.
Old 04-03-18, 12:07 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
At least 1,500 yards lol. Nobody in the GMC has figured out how to stop Colerain's running attack
Did you see or read about how he did vs. X and especially Pick Central, in the playoffs? I was there. I think that he will have more than 1500.
Old 04-03-18, 01:34 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
I look forward to seeing what the Princeton offense looks like under Pflug. They may be the dark horse in the league this year. They lost some close ones last year, but I think that changes this year.
Pflug is good enough to be their head coach. What a tremendous pickup! Hopefully he can expand their playbook. Running 25 sweep plays a game won't win those close ones.
Old 04-03-18, 03:12 PM
All American

cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
I assume DSM2 will be the QB for Colerain, with Pace Jr at FB, and JJ Davis Syncere Jones at WB spots. 2 or maybe 3 OL return, probably won't have a threat at WR like Hicks was, O should be very good. Hopefully more depth on this team than last year. Defense returns 3 out 4 in secondary, 3 out 4 at LB but lose all 3 down lineman.

1.Colerain
2.FF
3.Mason
4.Sycamore
5.Princeton
6.Hamilton
7.East
8.west
9.OH
10.Middletown

Only like 3 starting QB's return in the GMC. I'd probably have West higher if Horton wouldn't have transferred to LaSalle.
Really splitting hairs between Sycamore, Princeton and Hamilton...I'm going with coaching for now. Datillo is good.
Old 04-03-18, 05:59 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Once again looking forward to seeing how many D1 offers we can accumulate on a 3-7 team.
Classic
Old 04-03-18, 06:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
I assume DSM2 will be the QB for Colerain, with Pace Jr at FB, and JJ Davis Syncere Jones at WB spots. 2 or maybe 3 OL return, probably won't have a threat at WR like Hicks was, O should be very good. Hopefully more depth on this team than last year. Defense returns 3 out 4 in secondary, 3 out 4 at LB but lose all 3 down lineman.

1.Colerain
2.FF
3.Mason
4.Sycamore
5.Princeton
6.Hamilton
7.East
8.west
9.OH
10.Middletown

Only like 3 starting QB's return in the GMC. I'd probably have West higher if Horton wouldn't have transferred to LaSalle.
Really splitting hairs between Sycamore, Princeton and Hamilton...I'm going with coaching for now. Datillo is good.
What is the running backs name that went crazy on Pick Cent?

Edit: I found his name. JJ Davis. I guess he will not get over 1500 yards rushing if he is WR.
Old 04-03-18, 08:15 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
What is the running backs name that went crazy on Pick Cent?

Edit: I found his name. JJ Davis. I guess he will not get over 1500 yards rushing if he is WR.
He's the 1st wing back but only 1 Colerain non-QB or non-FB has run for over a thousand yards (Tyler Williams) and no one has run for 1500 in the past 25 years. Too many players for the ball to go around and the wing back is usually the 3rd option. It's also rare for them to just hand it off more than 5 times a game. Add in the blowouts and running clocks limiting 2nd half touchdowns and 1500 would be unlikely. It's happened once in school history in 1993 by Kevin Kidd who had 1650.

http://www.colerainalumni.com/athlet...individual.asp
http://gmcsports.com/fbTeamStats.asp...017&schoolid=1
Old 04-03-18, 08:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
He's the 1st wing back but only 1 Colerain non-QB or non-FB has run for over a thousand yards (Tyler Williams) and no one has run for 1500 in the past 25 years. Too many players for the ball to go around and the wing back is usually the 3rd option. It's also rare for them to just hand it off more than 5 times a game. Add in the blowouts and running clocks limiting 2nd half touchdowns and 1500 would be unlikely. It's happened once in school history in 1993 by Kevin Kidd who had 1650.

http://www.colerainalumni.com/athlet...individual.asp
http://gmcsports.com/fbTeamStats.asp...017&schoolid=1
Thanks. That all makes sense. That run against X in the playoffs and the 244 yds in the next game were something else. In the big money games, in November, he will do a little bit of everything again. Thanks, again.
Old 04-05-18, 04:11 PM
All District

Skoalbandito is an unknown quantity at this point
Mason has had a few years of success lately. What do they have coming back? I thought they had a pretty large senior group this year that was dubbed the group to take them to new heights. They won a playoff game, but I believe they played a lot of seniors this year.
Old 04-06-18, 09:03 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Its the same discussion every year. Colerain then the rest. Go Cards
Old 04-06-18, 10:30 AM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
I'd LOVE to be optimistic about Masons chances this upcoming year, but I don't think they'll finish better than 5-5 or 6-4. They've just lost too much and the talent is not there to replace the kids they're losing. These graduating seniors have been looked at by many as the most talented class to ever come out of Mason. Watching many of the kids who are following them does not give me much optimism. My guess is they don't finish higher than fifth for the foreseeable future.

Eight of the eleven starters on an outstanding defense were seniors. Almost every starter was an All GMC selection. Zaid Hamdan (DL Ohio State) and Jake Bracher (LB Akron) were first team All Southwest and first team All City. Hamdan was named All State as well and Bracher led the team in tackles the past two years. Other All GMC seniors were Tyree and Tyrell Mizell, and Cole Pearce. This was a defense which recorded 6 shutouts doing the course of the season. They do have both starting defensive ends, seniors Casey Miller and Chase Evans returning and they are very good. Senior Cameron Wood was at defensive tackle for the majority of the year and he comes back as well as senior Don Nigroe at a Safety spot. Junior Jake Orlando also did an outstanding job when he stepped in at the DB position. It will have to be seen how junior LB Jack Haglich bounces back after a nasty ankle injury in the last JV game last season. Another question will be the effect of losing the Defensive coordinator they've had for the past two years. Barak Faulk has left and taken the Head Coaching job at Monroe. At least one assistant and his very talented defensive lineman son are joining him. It's going to be hard because to a large extent the defense reflected Faulks hard nosed, aggresive personality.

Offensively, how does Mason replace first team All State, All SWO and All City Matt Sora (RB Indiana State) Answer, they can't! Coaches throughout the GMC have been waiting three years for him to leave. Besides Sora, the Comets also lose All GMC players, Will Adams (QB UC), Tanner Knue (Slot Back Eastern Michigan) Austin Croy (WR Ohio U) Christian Hutchinson (TE Navy) Buzz Crogan (C Marian University) and Eric Miller (T Purdue). The only sophomores and juniors to see any playing time last year were RB Logan Dalton, T Brogan Reed, G Emerik Moser and WR Alec Dardis.

There's going to be a BIG drop off this year compared to what Mason fans have become accustomed to these past three years. While I hope for the best there is no way Coach Castner will be able to replace the talent, the leadership or the work ethic he's enjoyed and it's going to be a struggle.
Old 04-06-18, 04:43 PM
All World

The Myth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
I'd LOVE to be optimistic about Masons chances this upcoming year, but I don't think they'll finish better than 5-5 or 6-4. They've just lost too much and the talent is not there to replace the kids they're losing. These graduating seniors have been looked at by many as the most talented class to ever come out of Mason. Watching many of the kids who are following them does not give me much optimism. My guess is they don't finish higher than fifth for the foreseeable future.

Eight of the eleven starters on an outstanding defense were seniors. Almost every starter was an All GMC selection. Zaid Hamdan (DL Ohio State) and Jake Bracher (LB Akron) were first team All Southwest and first team All City. Hamdan was named All State as well and Bracher led the team in tackles the past two years. Other All GMC seniors were Tyree and Tyrell Mizell, and Cole Pearce. This was a defense which recorded 6 shutouts doing the course of the season. They do have both starting defensive ends, seniors Casey Miller and Chase Evans returning and they are very good. Senior Cameron Wood was at defensive tackle for the majority of the year and he comes back as well as senior Don Nigroe at a Safety spot. Junior Jake Orlando also did an outstanding job when he stepped in at the DB position. It will have to be seen how junior LB Jack Haglich bounces back after a nasty ankle injury in the last JV game last season. Another question will be the effect of losing the Defensive coordinator they've had for the past two years. Barak Faulk has left and taken the Head Coaching job at Monroe. At least one assistant and his very talented defensive lineman son are joining him. It's going to be hard because to a large extent the defense reflected Faulks hard nosed, aggresive personality.

Offensively, how does Mason replace first team All State, All SWO and All City Matt Sora (RB Indiana State) Answer, they can't! Coaches throughout the GMC have been waiting three years for him to leave. Besides Sora, the Comets also lose All GMC players, Will Adams (QB UC), Tanner Knue (Slot Back Eastern Michigan) Austin Croy (WR Ohio U) Christian Hutchinson (TE Navy) Buzz Crogan (C Marian University) and Eric Miller (T Purdue). The only sophomores and juniors to see any playing time last year were RB Logan Dalton, T Brogan Reed, G Emerik Moser and WR Alec Dardis.

There's going to be a BIG drop off this year compared to what Mason fans have become accustomed to these past three years. While I hope for the best there is no way Coach Castner will be able to replace the talent, the leadership or the work ethic he's enjoyed and it's going to be a struggle.
While I agree with most of what you said, I think you aren't giving the young guys enough credit. They do lose a lot but their defense should be very capable. They have 2 DEs/OLBs that may go D1 combined with some overachieving role players. The OL coming in can be something special if the kids become men. The OL has the potential to be one of the biggest OLs Mason has ever had combined with a capable RB in Dalton. I know he isn't Matt Sora but I have no doubts Dalton runs for over 1000 yards.

But I think coaching, scheme, and discipline will still put Mason in the playoff hunt. Mason's ceiling may be lower than years past but the floor is probably close to what it was in years past. But they do have Springboro, Lasalle, and they have Lakota East as the GMC team off their schedule, so this will be one of the tougher schedules they have had.
Old 04-07-18, 07:26 AM
Varsity

OSUfball is on a distinguished road
GMC can be tough...numerous teams can have a couple big time recruits and only be average. Off the top of my head, Middletown with Marshall his senior year were thought to be contenders. They finished 4-6. They had some holes and the GMC exploited them.

Fairfield lost two big time players, but from what I heard, they will be more solid all around. I can see them top 3 or top 2 for sure. How about Sycamore? I really like their coaching and they seem to get the most out of what they have.
Old 04-07-18, 07:45 AM
All District

Skoalbandito is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post

Comet Dad, you obviously follow the Comets. Aren't a number of this year's seniors trying to make it on some of the bigger name DI programs as walk-ons? Do you know if some of the kids you mention above were offered some type of financial help to maybe consider DII, or even DIII, where they probably would have had better chances of playing? Any of those guys going on an athletic scholarship?
Old 04-09-18, 10:25 AM
All Ohio

LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Colerain
Mason
Sycamore
Princeton
LE
FF
Hamilton
LW
Middies
OH
Have heard rumblings Sycamore leaving GMC....could this take place before next season? Anyone else hear this?
Old 04-09-18, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS WRESTLING View Post
Have heard rumblings Sycamore leaving GMC....could this take place before next season? Anyone else hear this?
Don't see it happening and even if it did, would not be any earlier than the 19-20 (wow that's weird to type) season. Most likely 20-21.

Would be too chaotic to shuffle around schedules for all sports.
Old 04-16-18, 03:10 PM
All American

cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
returning stats leaders (career) in GMC

PASSING YARDS
1,504…Drew Altemuehle, Jr, Sycamore
1,173…Jeff Tyus, Sr, Fairfield
610……Khalil Sowell, Jr, Hamilton
506..….Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
PASSING TOUCHDOWNS
12…..…Drew Altemuehle, Jr, Sycamore
9…….…Jeff Tyus, Sr, Fairfield
5…….…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
RUSHING YARDS
1,525…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
1,109…David Afari, Jr, Lakota West
1,091…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
984..….Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
982……Jack Debrozsi, Sr, Lakota East
838……Jutahn McClain, Jr, Fairfield
790……Brian Doneghy, Sr, Sycamore
RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS
19..……Jack Debrozsi, Sr, Lakota East
18..……Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
13……..Brian Doneghy, Sr, Sycamore
12…..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
12…..…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
RECEPTIONS
53……..Jacob Berkemeir, Sr, Oak Hills
45……..Erick All, Sr, Fairfield
44……..Shandon Morris, Sr, Middletown
32……..Dyaln Jones, Sr, Lakota West
28…..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
28…..…Syncere Jones, Sr, Colerain
RECEIVING YARDS
622…..Shandon Morris, Sr, Middletown
609…..Erick All, Sr, Fairfield
579…..Jacob Berkemeir, Sr, Oak Hills
365..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
349..…Syncere Jones, Sr, Colerain
RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS
5………JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS
17..……Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
17…..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
14…..…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
11…..…Syncere Jones, Sr, Colerain
ALL-PURPOSE YARDS
2,348…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
1,265…David Afari, Jr, Lakota West
1,194…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
1,097…Jutahn McClain, Jr, Fairfield
1,032…Jack Debrozsi, Sr, Lakota East
TOTAL TACKLES
123…..Luke Bolden, Sr, Colerain
123…..Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
112…..Gene Underhill, Sr, MIddletown
SACKS
10.0….Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
6.5……Greg Fitzpatrick, Sr, Fairfield
4.5.…..Luke Bolden, Sr, Colerain
4.5……Levaughn Wilson, Sr, Princeton
FUMBLE RECOVERIES
3………Darrion Henry, Jr, Princeton
INTERCEPTIONS
4………Avi McGary, Sr, Lakota East
4………Deshawn Pace, Jr, Colerain
4………Dominick Nigro, Sr, Mason
KICKING POINTS
99…..…Chris Mangold, Sr, Colerain (60/61 XPs, 13/16 FGs)
31……..Charlie Sipe, Sr, Mason (19/19 XPs, 4/7 FGs)
Old 04-24-18, 05:43 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
We have a Larry Cox sighting at the JV track meet in Mason. He's wandering around clueless with a lot of talent. Getting pelted with rain while the tam goes down the tubes. Pretty much like his football seasons as of late. Oh, I forgot,...great at getting his boys schollies. BTW, wanna takes bets on the over / under of that brain surgeon Xavier Peters finishing school??
Old 04-25-18, 12:21 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
returning stats leaders (career) in GMC

PASSING YARDS
1,504…Drew Altemuehle, Jr, Sycamore
1,173…Jeff Tyus, Sr, Fairfield
610……Khalil Sowell, Jr, Hamilton
506..….Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
PASSING TOUCHDOWNS
12…..…Drew Altemuehle, Jr, Sycamore
9…….…Jeff Tyus, Sr, Fairfield
5…….…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
RUSHING YARDS
1,525…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
1,109…David Afari, Jr, Lakota West
1,091…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
984..….Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
982……Jack Debrozsi, Sr, Lakota East
838……Jutahn McClain, Jr, Fairfield
790……Brian Doneghy, Sr, Sycamore
RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS
18..……Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
12…..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
12…..…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
RECEPTIONS
53……..Jacob Berkemeir, Sr, Oak Hills
45……..Erick All, Sr, Fairfield
44……..Shandon Morris, Sr, Middletown
32……..Dyaln Jones, Sr, Lakota West
28…..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
28…..…Syncere Jones, Sr, Colerain
RECEIVING YARDS
622…..Shandon Morris, Sr, Middletown
609…..Erick All, Sr, Fairfield
579…..Jacob Berkemeir, Sr, Oak Hills
365..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
349..…Syncere Jones, Sr, Colerain
RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS
5………JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS
17..……Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
17…..…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
14…..…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
11…..…Syncere Jones, Sr, Colerain
ALL-PURPOSE YARDS
2,348…JJ Davis, Sr, Colerain
1,265…David Afari, Jr, Lakota West
1,194…Deante Smith-Moore, Sr, Colerain
1,097…Jutahn McClain, Jr, Fairfield
1,032…Jack Debrozsi, Sr, Lakota East
TOTAL TACKLES
123…..Luke Bolden, Sr, Colerain
123…..Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
112…..Gene Underhill, Sr, MIddletown
SACKS
10.0….Ivan Pace Jr., Sr, Colerain
6.5……Greg Fitzpatrick, Sr, Fairfield
4.5.…..Luke Bolden, Sr, Colerain
4.5……Levaughn Wilson, Sr, Princeton
FUMBLE RECOVERIES
3………Darrion Henry, Jr, Princeton
INTERCEPTIONS
4………Avi McGary, Sr, Lakota East
4………Deshawn Pace, Jr, Colerain
4………Dominick Nigro, Sr, Mason
KICKING POINTS
99…..…Chris Mangold, Sr, Colerain (60/61 XPs, 13/16 FGs)
31……..Charlie Sipe, Sr, Mason (19/19 XPs, 4/7 FGs)
25 "Colerain" mentions...YIKES!

-CardinalsFan
Old 04-25-18, 01:18 AM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
Let me save you all a lot of time
Colerain wins the GMC then it’s everyone else!
Old 04-25-18, 08:16 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
Pflug is good enough to be their head coach. What a tremendous pickup! Hopefully he can expand their playbook. Running 25 sweep plays a game won't win those close ones.
If you haven't heard yet, Pflug is already out at Princeton. Webb will call the plays. Princeton is a quarterback away from being a playoff team next season....
Old 04-25-18, 08:21 AM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
If you haven't heard yet, Pflug is already out at Princeton. Webb will call the plays. Princeton is a quarterback away from being a playoff team next season....
What happened?
Old 04-25-18, 09:02 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
I follow Pflug on Twitter and his page still says Princeton Vikings Offensive Coordinator. Not saying you are wrong, just noticed that