Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-18, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
How about:
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Trotwood
Edgewood
Ross
Talawanda
Xenia all form a new league

WC joins the SWBL:
SW-VV,Eaton,Oakwood,Madison,WC, Brookville
Buckeye-Waynesville, Dixie, Northridge, Milton Union, Shawnee, Carlisle

leaves the new GWOC North with an 8 team league
Old 02-14-18, 11:02 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Xenia in group 1, Greenview in group 2, still no idea on group 3 team, that drive from Xenia to Talawanda and Edgewood would be an hour plus so don't like the fit logistically, but think the make up and size of the school works well.

Franklin plays Xenia this year week 3 in football.
Old 02-14-18, 12:33 PM
All District

thebig1 is on a distinguished road
I am a little concerned that some of you think Trotwood would be a good fit in the SWBL...They would win the league every year in football and basketball and it wouldn't be close.
Old 02-14-18, 12:47 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
You've already seen Glen Este and Amelia consolidate, I always thought there would be a time when Franklin and Carlisle would combine, but with Carlisle getting the new schools I am sure that would even be thought of now.

The league is going to have to have some changes going forward, Bellbrook, Monroe, and Franklin are going to continue to grow and I am sure the smaller schools in the southwest division aren't gonna take so kindly to the growth and being substantially smaller than those three. That's where I think you Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, West Carrollton, and maybe even Fairborn come in to form a bigger division of all D2-D3 football schools and schools on the verge of D1 in basketball.
I thought it made sense for Carlisle and Franklin to combine. A name for the combined schools would have been the biggest issue. But with Carlisle building new schools I would say it's highly unlikely. Franklin is looking into building new schools as well.
Old 02-14-18, 01:03 PM
All Ohio

SW
Bellbrook
Eaton
Edgewood
Franklin
Monroe
Oxford Talawanda
West Carrollton
Wilmington

Buckeye
Brookville
Clinton Massie
Carlisle
Germantown Valley View
Madison
Northridge
Oakwood
Waynesville

You could swap Dixie with Northridge or Clinton Massie because of logistics.
Old 02-14-18, 01:08 PM
All Ohio

Dang... just booted MU, Preble, and Dixie? cold.
Old 02-14-18, 01:08 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig1 View Post
I am a little concerned that some of you think Trotwood would be a good fit in the SWBL...They would win the league every year in football and basketball and it wouldn't be close.
It's called competition. You want to be the best? You play the best. If they are too good then you work harder and get better.
Old 02-14-18, 01:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Dixie and Preble would be much better off in the CCC. Dixie has been D6 in football the last few years. Milton has had talk of leaving for years so it wouldn't surprise if they did.
Old 02-14-18, 01:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
I honestly forgot about Milton Union and Preble. I follow the SW more obviously. Swap MU with Massie. I think MU should leave on their own terms if they wanted to.
Old 02-15-18, 07:04 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
It's called competition. You want to be the best? You play the best. If they are too good then you work harder and get better.
Yea Ill agree with that every time but in this case I cannot. T-wood would be taking a step back in competition overall for their schedule, could you imagine them keeping a rivalry game with Wayne ? Lol one week they play Wayne then bellbrook comes to town the next ?? Look 3 years ago Bellbrook had a team that won league went 8-2 and played a miamisburg team very well that went 8-2 or 9-1 and played a Xenia team that finished 6-4 or 7-3 and we had a chance late in the 4th to win that game .. we got the #7 seed and went to Belfountain #2 and won , week 2 in playoffs we played t-wood, we played a good for being completely out matched and lost something like 32-6..

That would be the reality against the "top teams " in the league every year, now imagine being a down program or on a down year, not good.

It would make us tougher in playoffs but would do opposite for t-wood. The crossover would be super scary .
Old 02-15-18, 07:22 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Yea Ill agree with that every time but in this case I cannot. T-wood would be taking a step back in competition overall for their schedule, could you imagine them keeping a rivalry game with Wayne ? Lol one week they play Wayne then bellbrook comes to town the next ?? Look 3 years ago Bellbrook had a team that won league went 8-2 and played a miamisburg team very well that went 8-2 or 9-1 and played a Xenia team that finished 6-4 or 7-3 and we had a chance late in the 4th to win that game .. we got the #7 seed and went to Belfountain #2 and won , week 2 in playoffs we played t-wood, we played a good for being completely out matched and lost something like 32-6..

That would be the reality against the "top teams " in the league every year, now imagine being a down program or on a down year, not good.

It would make us tougher in playoffs but would do opposite for t-wood. The crossover would be super scary .
The travel alone would be worth it for TW to join the SWBL. Btw the SWBL needs to get rid of the damn crossover game it doesnít help anyone. If a school wants to schedule a team from the other division then let them but donít make them play
Old 02-15-18, 07:51 PM
All District

Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Eagles lost to Burg 24-3 and Twood beat them 41-6 and they were 7-3 regular season not 8-2.
Old 02-15-18, 08:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

If Trotwood is booted from the GWOC. The 2 league options they would have would be the city league or the SWBL. The city league may have more top end talent but the SWBL has better teams minus letís say Belmont and Taft/Dunbar on good years. Trotwood would also be looking at trips down to Cincy in the city league. The SWBL offers a chance at low travel times and a more competitive league than the division of the GWOC they were in (WC, Fairborn, Stebbins, Xenia). Instead of playing Wayne one week and West Carollton the next, they would be playing Wayne then a Bellbrook or Franklin. It would take a couple years for the SWBL teams to adjust but I believe that there is good programs in this league who would use Trotwood as a target to reach and would maybe once in a while knock them off. I donít see Trotwood coming to the SWBL purely because some people would be worried about the added influx of competition.
Old 02-17-18, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Milton was a founding member of the SWBL. I doubt we leave again.
No better fit for us.
Maybe the newer members reform the FAVC. Trotwood has no business joining any other conference except the GWOC
Old 02-17-18, 11:46 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Milton was a founding member of the SWBL. I doubt we leave again.
No better fit for us.
Maybe the newer members reform the FAVC. Trotwood has no business joining any other conference except the GWOC
The problem is the GWOC doesnít want TW.
Old 02-17-18, 08:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Eagles lost to Burg 24-3 and Twood beat them 41-6 and they were 7-3 regular season not 8-2.
And that changes my point none . Yea week 1 loss to burg and we played a hell of a game , score doesn't give justice to that game and to quality team bb was that year, lol and we sat our starters in the 2nd half of the oakwood game because we had won league the week before and locked in the playoffs, so after being up 10-0 at half we sat our starters and lenses up losing the game. So like I said , your points don't change the point I was getting across. Trotwood doesn't belong in the swbl what so ever
Old 02-17-18, 08:18 PM
All Region

I can't believe any Avid high school football follower believes t wood should join the swbl , there are other teams that aren't as dominate as t wood but that are a step up in competition that would help the league grow and become a stronger conference without hindering other teams and making things lopsided
Old 02-17-18, 09:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I can't believe any Avid high school football follower believes t wood should join the swbl , there are other teams that aren't as dominate as t wood but that are a step up in competition that would help the league grow and become a stronger conference without hindering other teams and making things lopsided
Trotwood is a D3 school in football. They are very, very good at football but I donít believe unbeatable except for maybe last year. Although Tri Valley which has makeup very similar to most SWBL communities gave them a hell of a game. Trotwood doesnít produce a high travel problem. At the end of the day they are a D3 school whose Football, Basketball, and Track programs are subperb but all other sports are below average. If the SWBL thinks it can compete for a state championship then add a team like a Massie or Trotwood to toughen you. If they are so good that you can beat them, then get to work in the offseason and get better. Iron sharpens iron. I understand them playing Monroe this year wouldíve been scary, but I think Valley View couldíve hung in there and made a game on a good night.
Old 02-18-18, 02:01 AM
All Region

In the past 10 years how many state semis has t wood been too? How many state title games , and how many state titles ?
Bellbrook , eaton, franklin have all made it out of the 2nd round maybe 3-4 times in that same 10 year span...... their all D3 too.
Ludacris
Old 02-18-18, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
The problem is the GWOC doesn’t want TW.
The GWOC North doesn't want them. Three rest of the GWOC is ok with them. They certainly don't belong in the SWBL. THAT'S CRAZY TALK.
I'm sorry but all schools go through periods of excellence in look at Valley view, Bellbrook, Monroe, Milton, Brookville, etc. Massie won't be great forever and they are a haul to travel to. Trotwood playing Northridge in football is scary. Playing anyone in football is scary. Valley View wouldn't have hung with Trotwood. Too much size and speed.
If Wayne and Centerville cant hang with TW then no one in the SWBL could. Sorry.
Old 02-18-18, 10:21 AM
All American

Quote:
The GWOC North doesn't want them. Three rest of the GWOC is ok with them. They certainly don't belong in the SWBL. THAT'S CRAZY TALK.
I'm sorry but all schools go through periods of excellence in look at Valley view, Bellbrook, Monroe, Milton, Brookville, etc. Massie won't be great forever and they are a haul to travel to. Trotwood playing Northridge in football is scary. Playing anyone in football is scary. Valley View wouldn't have hung with Trotwood. Too much size and speed.
If Wayne and Centerville cant hang with TW then no one in the SWBL could. Sorry.
The south doesnít want them just ask the schools that walked out during the meetings
Old 02-18-18, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

That's news. They just need to join the City league or be independent
Old 02-19-18, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Dixie and Preble would be much better off in the CCC. Dixie has been D6 in football the last few years. Milton has had talk of leaving for years so it wouldn't surprise if they did.
Again, Milton is very, very conservative. Changing leagues is almost a zero percent chance. When we left in 1982 for the SRC it was due to years and years of finishing 9-1 or 10-0 and missing the playoffs in the old SWBL.
The decision was made to move to the SRC with Tipp, Versailles, Covington, Etc to give us a better chance at that time. Back then, the SWBL stunk outside of Oakwood, Milton and Greenville.
In 1974 Northmont, Trotwood, West Carrollton, Vandalia, and two years earlier, Eaton left the SWBL.
The addition of Valley View, Dixie, Bellbrook, and Carlisle wasn't popular in West Milton and Tipp City.
We moved back in 2001 due to the disbanding of the SRC.
Trotwood was not anything like they are today though.
Greenville and Butler played Milton in football until the mid 90s and Northmont until 2001.
Milton, Valley View, Bellbrook, Franklin, etc would get run completely off the field vs Trotwood, Northmont, etc.

I think if the GWOC kicks Trotwood out, the Rams join Middletown, Lima Sr, Hamilton, etc and form a league. I think the North gwoc teams are seeing the writing on the wall that they will never compete with Trotwood again.

Personally, I hate this but the SWBL is not the right move for Trotwood. D3 or not. I can see the crossover game between Trotwood and Northridge...100-0 at halftime...

The SWBL will only change if someone, Bellbrook, Franklin, Monroe, leave for another league. My opinion only.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-18, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Again, Milton is very, very conservative. Changing leagues is almost a zero percent chance. When we left in 1982 for the SRC it was due to years and years of finishing 9-1 or 10-0 and missing the playoffs in the old SWBL.
The decision was made to move to the SRC with Tipp, Versailles, Covington, Etc to give us a better chance at that time. Back then, the SWBL stunk outside of Oakwood, Milton and Greenville.
In 1974 Northmont, Trotwood, West Carrollton, Vandalia, and two years earlier, Eaton left the SWBL.
The addition of Valley View, Dixie, Bellbrook, and Carlisle wasn't popular in West Milton and Tipp City.
We moved back in 2001 due to the disbanding of the SRC.
Trotwood was not anything like they are today though.
Greenville and Butler played Milton in football until the mid 90s and Northmont until 2001.
Milton, Valley View, Bellbrook, Franklin, etc would get run completely off the field vs Trotwood, Northmont, etc.

I think if the GWOC kicks Trotwood out, the Rams join Middletown, Lima Sr, Hamilton, etc and form a league. I think the North gwoc teams are seeing the writing on the wall that they will never compete with Trotwood again.

Personally, I hate this but the SWBL is not the right move for Trotwood. D3 or not. I can see the crossover game between Trotwood and Northridge...100-0 at halftime...

The SWBL will only change if someone, Bellbrook, Franklin, Monroe, leave for another league. My opinion only.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I understand keeping the crossover in place of keeping the league united, but why not put a rule in place to where the number one team in each division from a previous year play each other then work it down to the bottom. Trotwood is a great program but are they built to keep this success for even another decade? I am just asking because I am not familiar with the structure and the classes they have coming through.

I personally think Dixie, Northridge, and Preble Shawnee would be good fits in the CCC. I think Milton would be as well from a travel standpoint. It is a step down in Football but I feel a Milton-Covington rivalry would be a good one. I also think the CCC will need to replace 1 or 2 Football slots if Missawana's numbers drop and Bradford goes under again. Again, I don't want Milton out of the league, I am just throwing hypothetical's out.

I could see a reformed GWOC South if Middletown gets the boot, so that is a option for Trotwood.

Miamisburg
Lebanon
Springboro
Middletown
Trotwood
Northmont

My question is, Trotwood doesn't seem to me like it is a growing community and if they take a step down in Football and Basketball it seems to me that the SWBL would be a solid option. All dynasties do fall, some take longer than others. Colerain is still pumping along but that program is built so well all the way down to the pee wee level.
Old 02-19-18, 04:47 PM
All District

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
I think changing leagues can change dynamics. I enjoy SWBL football but, it is with the understanding I am not there expecting to see college D1 recruits for the most part.

Would adding someone ( or 2 to keep it even and who would that be? ) change what to expect in the way of possible recruiting?

Friday is good for a little football and pizza or a sub afterwards.
Old 02-19-18, 04:58 PM
All District

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
My thinking is, would adding a Trotwood help the kids in the SWBL get some more attention? Or, would the kids at Trotwood transfer to a school that gives them a better chance to get noticed? ( Keeping in mind that I have no idea what motivates the thinking, I was just happy to quit hurting before the next game ).
Old 02-19-18, 04:58 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=Exit 29;6990977]I understand keeping the crossover in place of keeping the league united, but why not put a rule in place to where the number one team in each division from a previous year play each other then work it down to the bottom.

the problem with a 1 vs 1 next year rule is scheduling. many SWBL teams play each other as OOC games in weeks 1-3. example MU/Oakwood in week 2. If they finished in the same spot one year in their respective division, it would send them both scrambling to find a different week 2 game. FB schedules are often done a few years in advance.
Old 02-19-18, 10:56 PM
All Yappi

And we all know that the Oakwood-Milton game isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I like Valley View, Brookville and Carlisle's scheduling. Madison is even stepping up. Milton added Northwestern, big football juggernaut, in place of Tipp. Meanwhile, Valley View schedules a MAC school. Hmmm.
Milton needs to scrap that schedule and quit being so conservative. I'm hoping Lane will get creative with the schedule.
Milton should be playing Miami East, Covington and a MAC school every year. They get Valley View next year in place of Brookville, who they lost to quite often.
Old 02-20-18, 04:27 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=dograt;6991009]
Quote:
I understand keeping the crossover in place of keeping the league united, but why not put a rule in place to where the number one team in each division from a previous year play each other then work it down to the bottom.

the problem with a 1 vs 1 next year rule is scheduling. many SWBL teams play each other as OOC games in weeks 1-3. example MU/Oakwood in week 2. If they finished in the same spot one year in their respective division, it would send them both scrambling to find a different week 2 game. FB schedules are often done a few years in advance.
I was under the impression that certain weeks were reserved for the crossover games. Even if it isn't the case, what keeps the SWBL from requiring that teams keep certain weeks for the crossover. You can allow teams to fill contractual obligations before it goes in places, so like a 3 year warning in advance. If teams choose to play each other as OOC games as well then all the right to them, just not in a specified week.

I think the league as a whole is strong and in a good place, there is no real football news to talk about so it's fun to speculate. I understand why certain people wouldn't want Trotwood in the league but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I am more in favor of adding in Edgewood or Clinton Massie as those 2 schools don't create issues for most member schools and also increase the level of competition throughout the league. I am also in favor of adding Wilmington.

If those mentioned schools were added then you have to sever ties with at least 1 school. Dixie and Northridge I think are schools that would be better suited for the CCC.

I could also see a situation where Monroe and Franklin partner with Edgewood and a few other schools to form a new league as well. I don't see many other SWBL schools joining Monroe and Franklin if that were to happen.
Old 02-21-18, 01:08 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
I'd love to see a new league made up with D2 basketball schools and primarily D3 football teams give me:

Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Valley View
Edgewood
Talawanda
Ross
West Carrolton

all schools of similar size travel isn't to hateful and would keep some good rivalry's intact and bring back some old rivals for some. League would allow flexibility for 3 out of conference games .

I would hate to see Franklin join a new league without Bellbrook Monroe and Valley View coming along those are three good rivalry that are close and are pretty close in size as well.