Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-06-18, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf1582 View Post
The SWC battle for 2-7 should be interesting and some of the bottom teams could keep their playoff count low. Something in me says Ridgeville will get it together soon. New houses everywhere, new football stadium, new enthusiasm. Maybe they can make that jump that Avon made about 10 years ago. I know it all starts with coaching though.
Avon made the jump because of Coach Elder and a lot of hard working people that shared his vision for a complete program from youth all the way up through the high school ranks...and even beyond, as the former team members tend to keep in touch with the program and vice versa.

Ridgeville can do it, but Iím not sure the current regime can do it. I love their new facility, though.
Old 07-07-18, 07:05 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
I think Toledo St. Francis could turn a corner next year. I'm not saying they will win the TRAC but they could push for a playoff spot. The Knights return a big physical running back in Wyse, a three star TE in Carroll (6'5" 230 - Toledo commit), and a great junior WR in Bumphis.

I was amazed last year how they continued to get better and compete. Most teams that start the way they did will get worse as the season goes on as losing becomes acceptable but they did not fold. If they can figure out their line situation and a QB they could push.

I wonder if the Harris kid (6'6" 220), whose brother is a standout DE for Eastern Michigan will come out? There were rumors a while back that he, and fellow hardwood standout in PG Jackie Wells, and the younger Kizer might play football. All three would be huge additions.
Old 07-08-18, 05:48 AM
Freshman

North LS is on a distinguished road
Irish

Fremont returns damn near whole line,only lost LT..5-7 lineman return plus some depth.Some of the starters are getting small school notice.Plus zach frye all- American longsnapper top in the country,4 star.All state punter Wr/ safety noah hotz is back,plus mc kinstry who is a 6-5 kid.Chumlee kid returns at rb,all total 7 to 8 on offense and 8 defensively.They got nice kids defensively,.
Old 07-08-18, 09:38 AM
All World

North, Ross had two really tough linebackers last year in Schneider and Wood. Do they return?
Old 07-08-18, 09:57 PM
Freshman

Irish

Caleb wood is one of top 100-150 players in state for 2018 and returns.Garrett Schneider also returns. Schneider and wood are tough kids.I see both going to next level.
Old 07-09-18, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
I have Ross at 8-2 with only losses to Toledo CC and Whitmer. That would put them in the mix for a home game, while 7-3 would still have them in the mix for a playoff berth.
Old 07-09-18, 09:21 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
I also see the Little Giants at 8-2 with losses to Central and Whitmer. Let's just not fall into the trap that a few Ross fans have of over-hyping the Little Giants.
Old 07-09-18, 09:57 AM
All Universe

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I'd say 7-3 more realistic ceiling for Ross. They may be slight or heavy favorites in other 8 games, but gotta figure someone (Sandusky, Lima, SJJ, SFD) will trip them up.
Old 07-09-18, 11:01 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
If you can't overhype your own team......

Sounds like it might be a good year to put Fremont/Tacklebox back on my travel itinery. Haven't been to the museum in about ten years. What else to do in Fremont? There was something I had in mind, but it's slipped.
Old 07-09-18, 11:31 AM
All Universe

Fremont Speedway?
Old 07-09-18, 12:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
If you can't overhype your own team......

Sounds like it might be a good year to put Fremont/Tacklebox back on my travel itinery. Haven't been to the museum in about ten years. What else to do in Fremont? There was something I had in mind, but it's slipped.
Watch the Ballville Dam come down? There are some big nice cliffs just below the dam and I'm interested to see what it looks like once the dam is removed.

And anyone who has ever been to the Tacklebox always wants to go back. Great place.

As far as football goes Lehman has a cannon. I watched the kid throw the ball 60 yards from his back foot against Southview. As a matter of fact the DB gave up on the WR because he thought there was no way that ball could be coming. It did.

And as far as HS linebackers go I've seen some great ones. I'm not necessarily talking about guys whose size and speed translate to big time D1 college but I'm talking tough hard nosed kids that have a nose for the ball and Wood and Schneider are as good as I've seen. Both are around 6'1" 210 ish and tough as nails. Having both back helps immensely.
Old 07-09-18, 02:14 PM
All Universe

right down from that old Dam...Haunted Hydro: Dark Attraction Park
Old 07-09-18, 05:18 PM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Watch the Ballville Dam come down? There are some big nice cliffs just below the dam and I'm interested to see what it looks like once the dam is removed.

And anyone who has ever been to the Tacklebox always wants to go back. Great place.

As far as football goes Lehman has a cannon. I watched the kid throw the ball 60 yards from his back foot against Southview. As a matter of fact the DB gave up on the WR because he thought there was no way that ball could be coming. It did.

And as far as HS linebackers go I've seen some great ones. I'm not necessarily talking about guys whose size and speed translate to big time D1 college but I'm talking tough hard nosed kids that have a nose for the ball and Wood and Schneider are as good as I've seen. Both are around 6'1" 210 ish and tough as nails. Having both back helps immensely.
Old 07-09-18, 07:06 PM
Freshman

The Schneider kid and wood kid have D1 size and its early but wood kid is a solid talent as is schneider.D.1 schools like you around 210 sr tr so you can grow.Colleges like you around 220to230 start.
Old 07-09-18, 07:10 PM
Freshman

Good luck to teams and players in region 6.
Old 07-09-18, 08:15 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Kind of strikes me as cutting off a branch, while sitting on the wrong end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontKeith View Post