Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-07-18, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantal View Post
I've heard this in the past. I've never been to the OHSAA state track meet but it sounds like they need to spread events out a little better. Maybe add a day to the event if you have to.
Each round of the tournament takes 2 days - 1 day for running preliminaries (4x800 relay is run on prelim day) and half of the field events, 1 day for finals and the other half of the field events. Also, the field event sessions do not overlap much with the running events except for the DI state meet when 1 field event session coincides with running finals. The state meet is spread out as much as it can be. If they spread it out anymore, they would create extra "down time" which nobody wants.
Old 06-07-18, 03:19 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
What is his time in the 40?
4.37 in the 40. Won the 100 I believe in 10.78.
Old 06-08-18, 08:32 PM
All District

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
4.37 in the 40. Won the 100 I believe in 10.78.
I saw on Tweeter that Johnson ran a 4.4 at a camp. Don't know Wright's time.
Old 06-10-18, 12:26 PM
All District

Hettich at Pitt today and Youngstown tomorrow. Wright at OSU today.
Old 06-18-18, 11:52 AM
All District

Johnson at Bowling Green tonight. Saw on Snapshot he received an offer from a D3 in Cincy.
Old 06-18-18, 10:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Johnson at Bowling Green tonight. Saw on Snapshot he received an offer from a D3 in Cincy.
D3 offer? They are prohibited by the NCAA of offering anything other than academic money.
Old 06-19-18, 06:48 AM
All District

Quote:
D3 offer? They are prohibited by the NCAA of offering anything other than academic money.
Ok, let's be very specific here. The University has recruited him and has offered him a spot on their roster. He will receive Academic Aid and other types of scholarships and grants. You are very naive to think that D3's do not offer financial help.
Old 06-19-18, 08:51 AM
Varsity

luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
If they want you,they will find a way!
Old 06-19-18, 09:00 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Are these official visits or is it just mom and dad taking their son to see the school. Big difference.
Old 06-19-18, 11:58 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Are these official visits or is it just mom and dad taking their son to see the school. Big difference.
Why the negativity? These are by invitation. Call it what you want.
Old 06-19-18, 11:59 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhsfb View Post
If they want you,they will find a way!
Correct.
Old 06-20-18, 06:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Ok, let's be very specific here. The University has recruited him and has offered him a spot on their roster. He will receive Academic Aid and other types of scholarships and grants. You are very naive to think that D3's do not offer financial help.
I am a graduate of a D3 school in NE Ohio. I an fully aware of how they approach potential student athletes and was able to attend because of that approach. From what I saw of Johnson he is a prototypical D3 player. He should be able to thrive in a D3 program.
Old 06-21-18, 07:52 AM
All District

Quote:
I am a graduate of a D3 school in NE Ohio. I an fully aware of how they approach potential student athletes and was able to attend because of that approach. From what I saw of Johnson he is a prototypical D3 player. He should be able to thrive in a D3 program.
True. He is also being recruited by a few D2 programs. Hettich and Johnson will probably be the only Jrs. to play at the next level. Baker could, but doesn't want to. Track is his goal.
Old 07-09-18, 01:04 PM
Freshman

mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
Can we consider Manchester a legitimate State Champ contender? Small school with speed galore. Could this be Coach France best team ever?
Old 07-09-18, 02:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
Can we consider Manchester a legitimate State Champ contender? Small school with speed galore. Could this be Coach France best team ever?
I believe this is a very good team and if everyone remains healthy have a real shot at doing something great. QB is a question mark but really with Wright carrying the ball they just need someone to manage the game.
Old 07-09-18, 04:30 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
weren't they better last year ? than they'll be this year ? they lost some pretty good athletes ....
Old 07-09-18, 05:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
weren't they better last year ? than they'll be this year ? they lost some pretty good athletes ....
Won't know the answer for awhile to this question. They could very well be better because they really didn't lose a lot. They will be fast and more athletic.
The options to take the load off of Wright point to Johnson and Foster. Both very fast. Johnson is more athletic and could end up as WR. QB is the big question mark. The PAC is a QB oriented league. Supposedly they are looking at Wright, Johnson, Pajlich, Soles and Mayer. Not a lot of experience there, if any. The biggest problem will be the numbers. They only lost 5 players, but had no Freshman Team last year.
Old 07-11-18, 04:27 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No doubt, he was and still is a beast on the wrestling mat. I have zero doubt that if he was still wrestling he would be a state title contender.
I remember Tre as a youth wrestler and he was a stud!!! IMO he’s the best high school athlete in the state of Ohio
Old 07-11-18, 05:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
I remember Tre as a youth wrestler and he was a stud!!! IMO he’s the best high school athlete in the state of Ohio
You would definitely know. Your wrestling posts are always on point.
Old 07-12-18, 02:06 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
If what has been posted is accurate and Manchester really does have that many kids being recruited, then they have to be considered a legitimate contender. I don't agree with Stiz on much, but I do on the this, and that is at schools in Division Four and lower, all it takes is one or two superior athletes to control a game. I saw Wright play last year. He may have been the best RB in Division Five as a sophomore. I'm excited to see what he does from here on out. Foster and Johnson showed real talent and speed, and as we know in the lower levels, speed kills.

Now to the real question, is this Coach France's best team ever? No. That would have to be his 1976 team because that was the last and only year Stizostedion suited up as a Panther. If only we knew then what we know now.
Old 07-24-18, 02:05 PM
All District

Quote:
The panthers have two kids talented enough to play at Hoban ..... and their names aren't Johnson or Baker .... Johnson left St. V for more playing time at Manchester ...
You have been misinformed. Whomever gave you that info is wrong.
Old 07-24-18, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
So you don't think there should be concern when teams are stacking the deck with all star teams?

Kind of makes a mockery of competition.

I know I know the kids at the other schools should just work harder.
Old 07-24-18, 08:00 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
So you don't think there should be concern when teams are stacking the deck with all star teams?

If a public middle school athlete’s parent chooses to take their child to a private school starting in 9th grade and make the sacrifice’s of paying additional $$$, additional travel, leaving all of his or her friends for the opportunity that a private education offers as well as the athletic advantage, then what’s the beef? Parents have been taking their kids to travel baseball, soccer, AAU basketball, JO volleyball and softball to give them better coaching, competition and exposure for years. Why? They spent thousands of dollars each year to help their kid get better. Stacking them on teams to have an advantage. So when the same thing happens in high school, we all cry foul. And public’s won 6/7 state titles last year so it appears that the public schools currently have the advantage overall.
Old 07-24-18, 09:02 PM
Varsity

not misinformed or wrong .... Johnson and Baker are really good players at the d-5 level .... no way Baker plays OL at Hoban and Johnson wasn't even an all Pac-7 first teamer as a Jr. ....... they are both role players at best at a school like Hoban, but both will be all league performers as seniors in the Pac - 7 ... Hoban is a different animal, their O-line last year had to average out around 275 per player .....
Old 07-24-18, 09:57 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post

This argument is old. Hoban has nothing to do with Manchester. They are three divisions apart. Your response to my post is a little confusing. I mentioned this kid is a Catholic school product. His mom didn’t know at the age of 6 he would be a 4 Star football player when she made the choice to send him to Catholic school. Sorry, but having him at Hoban is no less stacking than Ethan Wright being at his home school. I wish both of them the best of luck in their career. I am a product of Catholic school and send my kids to Catholic school. I am probably biased to answer this question fairly.
Old 07-24-18, 09:58 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I didn’t read all the old messages in this thread so if the above post is not in context I apologize.
Old 07-25-18, 07:07 AM
All District

Quote:
not misinformed or wrong .... Johnson and Baker are really good players at the d-5 level .... no way Baker plays OL at Hoban and Johnson wasn't even an all Pac-7 first teamer as a Jr. ....... they are both role players at best at a school like Hoban, but both will be all league performers as seniors in the Pac - 7 ... Hoban is a different animal, their O-line last year had to average out around 275 per player .....
Once again, wrong. Johnson DID NOT leave for more playing time! I know the family and there were issues not associated with that. He was penciled in as a starter at DB, but had to have shoulder surgery his Sophomore year. As far as ALL-Pac? Anyone who knows France and his staff knows why certain players are picked by them form post season awards. They had the leading tackler and he didn't make ALL-Pac! Please check your facts before you post "fake news".
Old 07-25-18, 11:22 AM
Varsity

nothing fake to my point that he wasn't all first team Pac - 7 ... that's a FACT ... and unless you were a coach you would have no idea who was penciled in to be a starter ... that type of info. typically remains in house ... I'm not ripping the kid in any way i simply stated an opinion on who from Manchester could start and contribute at Hoban if you remember
Old 07-25-18, 12:03 PM
All District

Quote:
nothing fake to my point that he wasn't all first team Pac - 7 ... that's a FACT ... and unless you were a coach you would have no idea who was penciled in to be a starter ... that type of info. typically remains in house ... I'm not ripping the kid in any way i simply stated an opinion on who from Manchester could start and contribute at Hoban if you remember
Thank you for clearing up your point. However, I don't think his family would appreciate his name being associated with Hoban. LOL. There was NEVER any thought of him attending school there. As far as being privy to information at SVSM or MHS, what I stated are indeed FACTS!
Old 07-25-18, 04:15 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Why would his family not appreciate his name being mentioned with Hoban when he visited Hoban and was initiated by his family? Seems odd? I believe there had to be some thought to attending if a visit was made? Conversations were had with people from Hoban about him attending. For whatever reason it never went any further from a visit. I believe it was because he was told he wouldn’t play both ways and would not be the featured back. It all seems to have worked out for him as he has offers at the D1 level.
The post was not about Wright.