Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-12-18, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Question LaSalle AD: Leaving for New Miami??

Alright, we are 50'ish days away from school starting and the AD at LaSalle leaves for.....New Miami???

What the heck is going on at LaSalle? So much turnover it's almost impossible to keep track of.

Anyone have any insight into Pantling's departure? Seems like there is smoke surrounding this one.

-CardinalsFan
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Little Miami. He's apparently a resident of the district.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...board-approval

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314119
Old 07-12-18, 09:55 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
*yawn* 800 A.D.'s in this state. Who cares?
Old 07-12-18, 10:30 AM
All District

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
EagleFan, I get where you coming from but when you don't here a good word about the old AD in years and eveyone in the school district wanted a new AD. Then its a blessing having a new AD.
Old 07-12-18, 10:36 AM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
Alright, we are 50'ish days away from school starting and the AD at LaSalle leaves for.....New Miami???

What the heck is going on at LaSalle? So much turnover it's almost impossible to keep track of.

Anyone have any insight into Pantling's departure? Seems like there is smoke surrounding this one.

-CardinalsFan
Perhaps there is trouble or the writing is on the wall for a down year in football. Can you imagine going from opening up at Colerain instead of opening up at West Carrollton? Wow.
Old 07-12-18, 11:24 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Perhaps there is trouble or the writing is on the wall for a down year in football. Can you imagine going from opening up at Colerain instead of opening up at West Carrollton? Wow.
or perhaps it has to do with pensions/benefits available at public school systems not available at privates. Some big time private school coaches have moved down in program reputation due to compensation issues. People forget that these are real people with factors to be considered other than the reputation of sports programs.
Old 07-12-18, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am guessing like most things in life, it is $$$ driven. He is a young man with a young family, presumably, so he must be putting himself in a better position financially.

Hopefully the administration finds a better match next time around.

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-12-18, 02:33 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
I am guessing like most things in life, it is $$$ driven. He is a young man with a young family, presumably, so he must be putting himself in a better position financially.

Hopefully the administration finds a better match next time around.

-CardinalsFan
Perhaps it is the almighty $. It would still be a major bummer to downgrade big time to Little Miami and their league schedule. Money talks.
Old 07-12-18, 03:06 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perhaps it is the almighty $. It would still be a major bummer to downgrade big time to Little Miami and their league schedule. Money talks.
This move isn't football driven. Little Miami does have sports other than football. As a LM alum i agree with the previous LM poster that a new AD is a blessing. Never heard anything positive about the previous AD.
Old 07-12-18, 05:40 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Per a LaSalle poster on the other thread, this young man was working at LaSalle about 5-6 hours a day as AD. Skipping out early or not showing for important Athletic events and fundraisers. Little Miami maybe strongly disappointed if this continues at there School!
Old 07-12-18, 05:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
This move isn't football driven. Little Miami does have sports other than football. As a LM alum i agree with the previous LM poster that a new AD is a blessing. Never heard anything positive about the previous AD.
I am not saying that it is football driven. I am not criticizing anyone. My only point is that it will be different watching the Lasalle vs Moeller rather than LM vs Edgewood. I wish both schools the best. When is LMís Levy up? That was a war the last time, was it not?
Old 07-12-18, 06:22 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Please let many of those involved with Lancer athletics know where to put the boxes...
Old 07-12-18, 06:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
I am not saying that it is football driven. I am not criticizing anyone. My only point is that it will be different watching the Lasalle vs Moeller rather than LM vs Edgewood. I wish both schools the best. When is LMís Levy up? That was a war the last time, was it not?
Passed one levy in the spring. Need to pass two more to avoid over crowding.
Old 07-12-18, 07:48 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
The football team is definitely improving and still has room to grow. But the overall athletics program seems to be on really solid ground. I do believe the Panthers won the SWOC all sports trophy this past academic year.

Perhaps his workload at Little Miami will be more focused on the actual athletics management and not as much to do with development, schmoozing, glad handing etc. that is much more critical at a private school to keep the facilities top notch and the coffers full.

Having worked previously as an administrator at a private school, I know how demending such a job can be and how limited the compensation is in return.

The timing is not ideal just weeks before the start of the fall season but you have to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

Hope this works out in the best interest of both schools.
Old 07-12-18, 10:06 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
I am pretty surprised by this but it speaks to the fact that public education is a lot better paying gig then working for the GCL schools.

opers/ state teacher retirement- 13% match

most catholic schools- 4% match.

Also can't help but think LM is gonna be a much less stressful job then LS.
Old 07-13-18, 03:06 PM
All American

oxat622
My wife and I bought our first home in 2015 in one of the many new neighborhoods in Little Miami. We also had our first child a year ago. There are tons of families like mine in the district. Give it 10 years or so, but I think LM will be an all sports power soon.
Old 07-13-18, 06:51 PM
All Region

Tom.OH is on a distinguished road
So is it New Miami or Little Miami?...
Old 07-13-18, 07:37 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.OH View Post
So is it New Miami or Little Miami?...
yeah someone's confused..
Old 07-13-18, 08:06 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Per a LaSalle poster on the other thread, this young man was working at LaSalle about 5-6 hours a day as AD. Skipping out early or not showing for important Athletic events and fundraisers. Little Miami maybe strongly disappointed if this continues at there School!
So you're going to quote an anonymous poster and disparage this poor guy. That's just awesome.
Old 07-14-18, 06:02 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
The AD at New Miami probably makes as much as a custodian at Little Miami.
Old 07-15-18, 07:58 AM
All District

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
My wife and I bought our first home in 2015 in one of the many new neighborhoods in Little Miami. We also had our first child a year ago. There are tons of families like mine in the district. Give it 10 years or so, but I think LM will be an all sports power soon.
Only problem with too much growth is we'll be in D1 if we keep growing. We can't compete in D2 right now but if we go D1 then we'll really be hurting. I'm talking playoffs in all sports. Welcome to a awesome school district.
Old 07-15-18, 04:11 PM
All Region

It's a great day to be a panther!
Old 07-16-18, 10:06 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
La Salle has named an interim AD: https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...letic-director
Old 07-16-18, 10:39 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
A relative of Bernie I presume? His brother perhaps?
Old 07-16-18, 12:04 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPat View Post
So you're going to quote an anonymous poster and disparage this poor guy. That's just awesome.
I have heard from other LaSalle folks about the former ADs work hours. If he really not working when he supposed to, thatís on him. Nothing to do with me! I could careless, just saying if true the next district probably wonít like it either! No matter the job,we all should put the time in that is being asked of us at that job!
Old 07-16-18, 03:27 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
The AD at New Miami probably makes as much as a custodian at Little Miami.
The AD at New Miami is almost always a teacher and the AD job is a supplemental contract. Not a real attractive job, not to mention the dumpster fire you would be dealing with on a daily basis.
Old 07-16-18, 04:35 PM
All Region

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
If what I am hearing about Lasalle's financial situation is correct, then this new AD (retired from a public district, no need to teach) might be a perfect fit for them.
Old 07-17-18, 04:40 PM
All Ohio

PrfctTimeOfDay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
This! I think Little Miami may be the next Mason as long as the community continues to support the schools. I believe in 10 years they are projecting 2200 kids at the high school....which given all the building going on seems about right. I actually think all the building is what has helped them pass their levies. The parents moving in want good schools and Little Miami is definitely delivering. I expect them to jump to the ECC fairly soon, even more so now with a new AD.
Old 07-17-18, 06:17 PM
All Region

The head coach Mahon was one of the only coaches to speak out about joining the ECC which the school board voted down in the spring.As far as becoming the next big school power, people in the community have been saying that for a while, probably the last decade. "With all the growth, we'll be a power in a few years". While I'm rooting for it, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 07-17-18, 09:36 PM
All World

Peterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
The post you are speaking of:
Pantling's 2 year legacy at La Salle.....being a 10 am to 330 pm employee who constantly left his job early every day including events such as the sports stag, the GCL track meet @ La Salle and the GCL wrestling meet @ La Salle before the events concluded (this was always spoken about privately) and also last but not least ---11 of 14 varsity head coaches of 14 separate varsity sports left under his watch in a 2 year span---all resigned or "left" under his 2 year reign except Tennis, Swimming & Bowling.

Thanks Greg Tankersley for another great hire!