Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-02-18, 10:36 AM
Reservoir Reservoir is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-15-18
Posts: 8
Reservoir is on a distinguished road
CBC

Who will be the standouts to watch this year? Who to watch out for?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-06-18, 12:34 AM
Chisel Chisel is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-08-18
Posts: 13
Chisel is on a distinguished road
Last year Bellefontaine was the lone standout in this conference. I would imagine them falling off alittle after what they lost to graduation I don’t know what talent they return with having to replace one of the best high school quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. Do they have anybody returning on the line: weren’t they all seniors last year?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-18, 03:53 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Prestige of the conference really went down the drain last few years especially with Tipp leaving for better things
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-18, 04:46 PM
Chisel Chisel is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-08-18
Posts: 13
Chisel is on a distinguished road
It’s starting to look like tipp should’ve never left. Tried their chances in a big pond and as of right now are drowning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Prestige of the conference really went down the drain last few years especially with Tipp leaving for better things
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-06-18, 06:37 PM
Flevans Flevans is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-29-06
Posts: 174
Flevans is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Prestige of the conference really went down the drain last few years especially with Tipp leaving for better things
The conference replaced Tipp with a better program - Jonathan Alder.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-18, 08:01 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flevans View Post
The conference replaced Tipp with a better program - Jonathan Alder.
Haha that’s a funny joke
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-06-18, 08:02 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
It’s starting to look like tipp should’ve never left. Tried their chances in a big pond and as of right now are drowning.
Tipp wasn’t even the big fish in a small pond in the CBC, Tecumseh, Stebbins and Bellefontaine all has larger enrollments, and now Tipp is the smallest in the conference by over 50 boys
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-18, 08:41 AM
Chieftain1995 Chieftain1995 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-05-17
Posts: 31
Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
TippIsGreat always finds himself on every CBC thread. He’s like the psycho ex girlfriend who keeps showing up to see the new spouse but claims to be “over it”. Get a life dude. Johnathan Alder and Tipp are extremely similar, so the CBC is just fine. London and N Union joining makes the league stronger than ever.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-07-18, 01:06 PM
jobarules jobarules is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield
Posts: 291
jobarules is on a distinguished road
Back on topic here. Kenton Ridge should be a team to contend for a playoff spot this year after missing the last two years. They return a pretty good junior class led by the QB Lemon who accounted for over 2700 total yards and 24 TD last year. They also return their top RB who had 600 yards and 8 TD and a good receiver with 400 yards and 4 TD. I think they have a few guys to replace on the line and on D but in terms of the skill guys they are pretty good. Who knows anything about the other teams?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-18, 08:09 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,529
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain1995 View Post
TippIsGreat always finds himself on every CBC thread. He’s like the psycho ex girlfriend who keeps showing up to see the new spouse but claims to be “over it”. Get a life dude. Johnathan Alder and Tipp are extremely similar, so the CBC is just fine. London and N Union joining makes the league stronger than ever.
The CBC's probably going to be as good as it's ever been in football next year with the newbies coming in. London particularly is loaded for the foreseeable future. Their first year in the CBC they'll have sophomore and junior classes that regularly won by 50 against teams like Grandview, Bexley, Columbus Academy and Whitehall at the junior high level. I expect them to make 1-2 deep playoff runs right out of the gate.

I think it's pretty obvious that the three additions the league's made are a collective upgrade over the three schools that have left.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-08-18, 08:26 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,529
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I've heard that NW's best athlete is going back to Springfield. Huge loss. He had about 800 yards combined rushing and receiving last year as a sophomore for 6 TDs, with 4 picks on defense. With the lineman who can't play any more due to his heart issue/collapse during track, arguably their two best returning players on paper are out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-18, 01:46 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain1995 View Post
TippIsGreat always finds himself on every CBC thread. He’s like the psycho ex girlfriend who keeps showing up to see the new spouse but claims to be “over it”. Get a life dude. Johnathan Alder and Tipp are extremely similar, so the CBC is just fine. London and N Union joining makes the league stronger than ever.
Tipp went 11-2 against CBC opponents this past year. Tipp was the dominant force in the lowly CBC that’s why they left.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-09-18, 04:26 PM
Chieftain1995 Chieftain1995 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-05-17
Posts: 31
Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp went 11-2 against CBC opponents this past year. Tipp was the dominant force in the lowly CBC that’s why they left.
Dude, no one cares. We’re just glad to be rid of you.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-09-18, 05:22 PM
Reservoir Reservoir is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-15-18
Posts: 8
Reservoir is on a distinguished road
Ok so moving on from the past...
Who is the projected standout player for DIII to watch out for this year? Any surprises to look for?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-18, 10:48 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain1995 View Post
Dude, no one cares. We’re just glad to be rid of you.
Just glad them chieftains aren’t getting handled by Tipp in football every year anymore
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-09-18, 10:55 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,529
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
As far as expected standouts go, I'd think the KR QB would be a pretty safe bet to put up huge numbers. Lemen should be the offensive player of the year in the Kenton Trail division if they win 7+ games.

I'd expect a lot of parity in the KT. That division should be brutal top to bottom for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-10-18, 12:50 PM
CBC_001 CBC_001 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Posts: 25
CBC_001 is on a distinguished road
Bellefontaine would’ve beat tipp by 3 touchdowns this past year....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Just glad them chieftains aren’t getting handled by Tipp in football every year anymore
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-18, 09:49 AM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBC_001 View Post
Bellefontaine would’ve beat tipp by 3 touchdowns this past year....
That’s laughable and we can play what if’s all we want but Bellefontaine ended on a more than 10 game losing streak against Tipp so there’s that
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-18, 11:06 AM
jobarules jobarules is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield
Posts: 291
jobarules is on a distinguished road
Tipp only won the league twice in their last 5 years in the league so it's not like they were the Patriots of the CBC. They have a nice program that just happened to have a few down years so far in the GWOC. Good luck to them moving forward but for God's sake let it go man...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-18, 11:07 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobarules View Post
Tipp only won the league twice in their last 5 years in the league so it's not like they were the Patriots of the CBC. They have a nice program that just happened to have a few down years so far in the GWOC. Good luck to them moving forward but for God's sake let it go man...
More importantly Tipp never lost more than 3 regular season games while in the CBC
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-12-18, 12:55 PM
El Indio El Indio is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-04-09
Posts: 2,091
El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
More importantly Tipp never lost more than 3 regular season games while in the CBC
That is not a true statement. Maybe this one is:

"More importantly Tipp never lost more than 3 regular season games in a season while in the CBC

And I'm not even sure that is true!



The Braves owned you. Even when they went 3-7, they beat Tipp!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-12-18, 05:00 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
That is not a true statement. Maybe this one is:

"More importantly Tipp never lost more than 3 regular season games in a season while in the CBC

And I'm not even sure that is true!



The Braves owned you. Even when they went 3-7, they beat Tipp!
I meant in a season, so thanks for the correction and yes Shawnee was the only team who consistently gave Tipp a game. But alas that is no more after Tipp has dominated them the last 2 seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-12-18, 05:20 PM
Reservoir Reservoir is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-15-18
Posts: 8
Reservoir is on a distinguished road
How has Tipp done the last couple years?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-13-18, 05:47 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,529
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I just don't know how this league is going to survive with Alder, a program that's maybe missed the playoffs 3-4 times this century and that has played for a state championship, instead of the self-pronounced greatness known as Tippecanoe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-13-18, 07:01 AM
InTheDarke InTheDarke is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-22-10
Location: Southern Darke County
Posts: 1,252
InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
I don't know too much about how the CBC is looking this year, but I do know that Tipp isn't in it, so let's just move on. It's a good conference that seems to always field some top notch teams I would never sleep on.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-13-18, 07:45 AM
ColumbusCatholic ColumbusCatholic is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-05-17
Posts: 19
ColumbusCatholic is on a distinguished road
With all due respect.....the CBC is not a good conference. The number of state championships and even regional championships that have been won speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-13-18, 10:30 AM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,021
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I just don't know how this league is going to survive with Alder, a program that's maybe missed the playoffs 3-4 times this century and that has played for a state championship, instead of the self-pronounced greatness known as Tippecanoe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tipp has literally missed the playoffs only 4 times this century
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-13-18, 06:46 PM
jobarules jobarules is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield
Posts: 291
jobarules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusCatholic View Post
With all due respect.....the CBC is not a good conference. The number of state championships and even regional championships that have been won speaks for itself.
Although I love this league this is correct. A good team rolls through on occasion. Recent teams like 2011 Shawnee or 2013 Tipp but in general they place a few teams in the playoffs that bow out in round 1 or 2. Not much to brag about
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-14-18, 01:24 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,529
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp has literally missed the playoffs only 4 times this century
That's the point; Alder is very similar to Tipp athletically. Usually dominant in football, and very good across almost all sports. They've played for state championships in 3-4 different team sports in the last 10 or so years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-14-18, 01:35 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,529
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobarules View Post
Although I love this league this is correct. A good team rolls through on occasion. Recent teams like 2011 Shawnee or 2013 Tipp but in general they place a few teams in the playoffs that bow out in round 1 or 2. Not much to brag about
I don't think it's any secret that football and boys' basketball are probably the two worst sports in this league in terms of how the CBC stacks up in this area and across the state.

There are a lot of athletic programs in this league that are consistently successful in the postseason such as KR and NW in softball, but few are paying attention because they aren't the money sports. For a public school of it's size and demographics, NW is about as consistently good in girls' sports (softball, soccer, tennis, CC, etc.) as one could hope for. Perception is that the school sucks at sports because football and boys' basketball are usually poor to mediocre at best.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Heritage Conference 2017 wls_color Football 883 06-05-18 08:22 AM
Wilmington D-2 District Rankings (Pre Sectionals) McClearn7 Wrestling 6 02-21-18 10:51 PM
CBC Restructuring skittlz Football 38 11-02-17 11:27 AM
London & North Union to the CBC Union County Fan Football 7 07-27-17 08:25 PM
CBC Looking for 13U Coach carydnl Baseball 0 05-09-17 10:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz