Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Eastern Buckeye Conference?
Alliance 6 12.77%
Canton South 1 2.13%
Carrollton 1 2.13%
Marlington 31 65.96%
Minerva 2 4.26%
Salem 1 2.13%
West Branch 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-18, 03:22 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
maverick
Simple answer .Never .

Crestview and South Range both declined to join the NBC/EBC league pretty obvious why they did . SR committed then backed out .
There is simply no comparison to the level of competition and physicality . I have had boys play in both leagues and will attest to that . The ITCL will produce a few tough hard nosed kids that is true ,but if they had to play the tough weekly competition of the NBC/EBC many would sir come to injuries . I have seen this firsthand play havoc even on West Branch over the last number of years .
South Range left to join a tougher league
Old 07-01-18, 03:28 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
South range and Marlington play this year. So we shall see

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-18, 04:56 PM
All Ohio

peebles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They now play as an independent. I have heard some coaches and players say that the more difficult independent schedule has better prepared them for the playoffs. They must be correct as they made the state semi-final in football and won the baseball Div III state championship even though they had a losing record during the baseball regular season.
Old 07-01-18, 05:03 PM
All Ohio

peebles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post

They also play Louisville and CCC. They have definitely upgraded their schedule.
Old 07-01-18, 08:37 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
They also play Louisville and CCC. They have definitely upgraded their schedule.

South Range is a quality team. They may have won the NBC in 2017. Those games will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-18, 03:06 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
They now play as an independent. I have heard some coaches and players say that the more difficult independent schedule has better prepared them for the playoffs. They must be correct as they made the state semi-final in football and won the baseball Div III state championship even though they had a losing record during the baseball regular season.
South range left the EBC (before they even played a game) to join the NE8 with Poland, Hubbard, Struthers, Girard, Lakeview, Niles, and Jefferson. This year is the start of that new conference, but because of some politics out of their control they have to be independent one last year in football
Old 07-02-18, 03:09 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post

I donít know who will win, but the point was they didnít back out of the EBC because they were afraid, when they did it to join a tougher conference than the EBC in the new NE8
Old 07-03-18, 07:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I donít know who will win, but the point was they didnít back out of the EBC because they were afraid, when they did it to join a tougher conference than the EBC in the new NE8
They joined the NE8 because itís a better geographical fit. As far as they woulda coulda won the NBC last year I disagree. They would have competed but I donít think they would have swept everyone. Alliance and Marlington were pretty good football teams especially at the end of the year.
Old 07-05-18, 07:08 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Wb has a 7 vs 7 on the July 11 against Springfield .Then aug 11 contact scrimmage with Struthers .
What does the rest of the EBC teams have Scheduled ?
Old 07-05-18, 07:53 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
They joined the NE8 because itís a better geographical fit. As far as they woulda coulda won the NBC last year I disagree. They would have competed but I donít think they would have swept everyone. Alliance and Marlington were pretty good football teams especially at the end of the year.
Valid point, Marlington got beat soundly week one by Poland, they did start about 7 sophomores and it showed. They were deer in the headlights. Would Marlington beat Poland later in the year? Probably not.. but not even Poland would of shut down Duce. As far as South Range goes they made the right decision, not sure they could face the better EBC teams week after week and year after year. South Range has an awesome program, but facing much bigger schools and atheletes week in would take its toll. Really looking forward to the Range Marlington game, should be a good one. South Range can play with the EBC for a game. But like I said they would get beat up physically on a regular basis.
Old 07-09-18, 02:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Wb has a 7 vs 7 on the July 11 against Springfield .Then aug 11 contact scrimmage with Struthers .
What does the rest of the EBC teams have Scheduled ?
I do not have dates but Alliance has
@ Revere
@ Hoover (jamboree)

and old wildcat, I agree south range is a great program. I too am interested to see the How they do against the dukes who are probably the early EBC favorite based off returning starters
Old 07-10-18, 06:54 PM
All Region

Quote:
I do not have dates but Alliance has
@ Revere
@ Hoover (jamboree)

and old wildcat, I agree south range is a great program. I too am interested to see the How they do against the dukes who are probably the early EBC favorite based off returning starters
Alliance1
The aviator's have a lot of big shoes to fill in the offensive . Any early favorites . I saw a pretty good size young man play Qb at the Jv level last year. Asume he is in the running .
Did Duce end up play at the next level?
Old 07-10-18, 07:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Alliance1
The aviator's have a lot of big shoes to fill in the offensive . Any early favorites . I saw a pretty good size young man play Qb at the Jv level last year. Asume he is in the running .
Duce is going to D2 Findlay. Scholarship

Alliance did graduate the house, but returns a couple of skill players and some good defensive players. Both JV Qbís from last year are the favorites, biggest shoes to fill in will be at QB and RB.

Iím interested to see what my Aviators will do, schedule is much more challenging with us traveling to Hubbard week 1 and Poland week 5
Old 07-10-18, 07:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Alliance1
This bogggles my mind, Duce is going to Findlay. I cant believe there wasn't a MAC school that didn't make him an offer. And if it's because of size they blew it. Duce was a beast.
Old 07-15-18, 05:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
This bogggles my mind, Duce is going to Findlay. I cant believe there wasn't a MAC school that didn't make him an offer. And if it's because of size they blew it. Duce was a beast.
He was a terrific back. I couldnít believe it that Akron, Kent State, or even YSU didnít take a chance on him. The Salem game where he ran for 462 was one of the most incredible performances Iíve seen in a HS game ever!
Old 07-17-18, 11:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
He was a terrific back. I couldnít believe it that Akron, Kent State, or even YSU didnít take a chance on him. The Salem game where he ran for 462 was one of the most incredible performances Iíve seen in a HS game ever!
This was surprising to me as well . How are his academics?
Old 07-17-18, 04:21 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
This was surprising to me as well . How are his academics?
I know he was between a 3.5-4.0 donít know his exact ACT
Old 07-24-18, 09:05 PM
All Region

How did the teams look during there 7/7 's ?
Who will be the passing threats this season ?
Heard WB's passing combinations looked solid. Potentially better than the last couple years.
Old 07-25-18, 08:40 AM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How did the teams look during there 7/7 's ?
Who will be the passing threats this season ?
Heard WB's passing combinations looked solid. Potentially better than the last couple years.
Marlington only did a couple of 7 on 7s ...they are pretty pointless and I wouldnít put a whole lot of stock into a kid throwing against no rush...I thought DeShields was a pretty darn good QB, to say this kid is already going to be better is a bit of a reach to me but maybe you know something I donít..that being said, good luck to the warriors this year ( just not week 9) 😂😂
Old 07-25-18, 10:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
Marlington only did a couple of 7 on 7s ...they are pretty pointless and I wouldnít put a whole lot of stock into a kid throwing against no rush...I thought DeShields was a pretty darn good QB, to say this kid is already going to be better is a bit of a reach to me but maybe you know something I donít..that being said, good luck to the warriors this year ( just not week 9) ����
I agree Deshieldís did I nice job for the warriors . Wasnít trying to knock on him at all . What I was trying to relay was that the number of quality receivers this year will better our combination of passing capability .
Old 07-25-18, 09:53 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Poll added to this thread...
Old 07-26-18, 01:40 PM
All Region

Marlington scrimmage vs. New Philly
16 days away
Opener vs. Poland
Thursday night
28 days away
Gonna be a long month.
Old 08-02-18, 10:20 PM
All Region

22 Days away !
Who wins their opener ? I'll put WB over Crestview 28-13 !

Last edited by warrior333; 08-02-18 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-03-18, 04:59 PM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
22 Days away !
Who wins their opener ? I'll put WB over Crestview 28-13 !
Marlington opens up Thursday night the 23rd against Poland seminary and I expect it to be a fantastic game..those avid fans that canít wait till Friday for football should think about checking this one out..I give it a shot
Marlington 35
Poland 24
Old 08-03-18, 07:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
Marlington opens up Thursday night the 23rd against Poland seminary and I expect it to be a fantastic game..those avid fans that can’t wait till Friday for football should think about checking this one out..I give it a shot
Marlington 35
Poland 24
Tom.
I plan on going to that game. Should be a good night at the gates for revenue .
I think you'll come out with a win this year as well . Sure the boys are looking for a little payback from last year.
Minerva folks are a little quiet as of late ?

Last edited by warrior333; 08-04-18 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-07-18, 09:50 PM
All District

Quote:
Tom.

I plan on going to that game. Should be a good night at the gates for revenue .

I think you'll come out with a win this year as well . Sure the boys are looking for a little payback from last year.

Minerva folks are a little quiet as of late ?

A lot of unknowns at Minerva. The team is big and fast but really young. There will be a lot of sophomores playing in on both sides of the ball. Scrimmage Thursday at Manchester will be a good measuring stick

Old 08-12-18, 01:20 PM
All Region

Interesting conversation

I was in Alliance today and saw a gentleman that is an avid Aviator fan, I asked how are they going to be this year. Without hesitation he said Alliance will win the League. He said Marlington might be ok but he doesn't think they can beat Alliance. He told me they got a move in running back that will be a beast . I said wow back to back Duce Johnson's!! Doubtful. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Alliance loose several starters,? Marlington returns 7,or 8 on each side of the the ball. They have some very good skilled players and 4 returning lineman. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team but on any given night anything can happen. West Branch, Carrollton, and Especially Canton South can be physically formidabe. I think it might come down to week ten to see, I hope anyway. Good luck to all the EBC schools. Let's win those non league games to give our new conference some eye opening respect. Play hard, play smart. Play injury free.
Old 08-12-18, 06:21 PM
All District

ViolentPacifist76 is on a distinguished road
Marlington should be solid up front this year from what I saw yesterday against NP. The Quakers are young and inexperienced there (only 1 returning starter on OL and 1 on DL) and it showed against some guys that I'm guessing have way more varsity snaps collectively. I don't think the front 5 or 7 will be an issue for the Dukes. Good scrimmage. I think both teams got a lot out of it. Hoping both squads can stay healthy and maybe see each other in the postseason.

Old 08-12-18, 06:46 PM
All District

Minerva scrimmaged a very good and experienced Manchester team and it showed, had a hard time stopping them early in the scrimmage and had a hard time moving the ball. They got better as game went on. As of now the Lions are starting 5 or 6 sophomores on both sides of the ball and will need to get used to the speed of varsity football. They didnít seem intimidated and did play a physical game but have a lot of work to do. The young kids do have size, speed and strength and should improve as the season goes on. Donít know how this season will go but there are some good looking young football players. They have a very small roster so staying healthy is a ket.
Old 08-13-18, 03:04 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I was in Alliance today and saw a gentleman that is an avid Aviator fan, I asked how are they going to be this year. Without hesitation he said Alliance will win the League. He said Marlington might be ok but he doesn't think they can beat Alliance. He told me they got a move in running back that will be a beast . I said wow back to back Duce Johnson's!! Doubtful. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Alliance loose several starters,? Marlington returns 7,or 8 on each side of the the ball. They have some very good skilled players and 4 returning lineman. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team but on any given night anything can happen. West Branch, Carrollton, and Especially Canton South can be physically formidabe. I think it might come down to week ten to see, I hope anyway. Good luck to all the EBC schools. Let's win those non league games to give our new conference some eye opening respect. Play hard, play smart. Play injury free.
Wildcat, who is this running back? This is news to me..

Alliance returns 4 starters on Offense and 5 on Defense. I have not heard much, Iíve been out of town down in Florida... anxious to see my Aviators Thursday against North Canton