Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-14-18, 11:12 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Man loses out on jackpot of over 500k.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.med...-the-wire/amp/

Horse loses his rider just a few yards away from the wire. Dude would have collected the Rainbow 6 jackpot at Gulfstream had the rilder stayed on.

Can you think of a worse gambling bad beat? I don't know of any off the top of my head. Certainly there are more that would have paid more than this but the way he lost probably takes the cake.

Can you imagine the run of emotions he had in a 30 second span, thinking he wins a huge score to probably depression.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-18, 03:30 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
Ouch. That's way worse than the hail mary interceptions and such for fantasy football. Would the bettor have known he would have been the winner with the way that pick-6 works?

Looks like the Gulfstream Rainbow Six is over $2.5m. I might need to start making a few wagers.
Old 01-14-18, 03:42 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Ouch. That's way worse than the hail mary interceptions and such for fantasy football. Would the bettor have known he would have been the winner with the way that pick-6 works?

Looks like the Gulfstream Rainbow Six is over $2.5m. I might need to start making a few wagers.
The way the article reads, it looks like he wouldn't have been sure one way or the other. To be the winner of the total jackpot, there can be only one winning ticket (which he would have been). If there are two or more, they split 70% of the pot and the rest is put towards the next jackpot.
Old 01-14-18, 04:09 PM
All Region

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Hazy on the details, because I don't watch the NFL any longer, but wasn't there a game this year when people lost money because a team scored on the last play of the game and didn't go for the EP? Didn't cover the spread or something like that.
Old 01-15-18, 10:20 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post

Yes he would have known after the 5th race in that sequence because they show will pays and announce if the jackpot will be hit with any numbers.
Old 01-15-18, 02:32 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Yes he would have known after the 5th race in that sequence because they show will pays and announce if the jackpot will be hit with any numbers.
Under those circumstances I would be pissed beyond belief. To go from having the only eligible ticket with that particular horse out front in the last race to nada sucks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: