Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-09-17, 10:35 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,875
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Pennsylvania State Finals Attendence

Was listening to the 6A PA Finals tonight (largest division) and the attendence was announced as about 2,500.

Total for all 6 games was around 14,000.

We should feel lucky here in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-09-17, 11:13 PM
Foster Foster is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-11-16
Posts: 56
Foster is on a distinguished road
14,000 for 6 games? I would have lost the over/under on that. 2,500 average for finals?There are a lot of Ohio schools that would be terribly disappointed to have 2,500 for a regular season game. We are lucky here in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-17, 11:38 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,567
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. Some on here like to glorify HS football in other states. I think we're in a great spot for good football in NEO and Ohio overall.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-17, 12:07 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,243
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
1a 2,112
2a 3,490
3a 3,592
4a 1,279
5a 1,305
6a 2,349
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-17, 12:22 AM
Mr.wrsln2 Mr.wrsln2 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-17
Location: Northview Hghts
Posts: 248
Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Piaa can mess anything up.pittsburgh still thinks wpial championships are gold.strange state.philly teams are starting to get better.hershey is for wrestling!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-17, 12:42 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,243
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Private schools in PA have miniscule fan bases. Three largest classes featured private schools. 4A was a private school and a charter school (Imhotep Charter). Imhotep had 148 fans at kickoff on their side. Yet theyre basically Glenville on steroids. Cathedral Prep had a 314mi trip and had about 1,000 fans for a Thursday night.

The public v. Public 1A (Thursday afternoon), 2A and 3A games had good crowds. But the snow made Saturday weaker. Middletown brought a lot of fans last year (just outside Hershey) this year not as many.

Part of PA's problem is the games are on basic cable across the state on PCN. A lot of people would rather stay home instead of drive. Especially western schools looking at a 3+ hour drive that includes a turnpike toll that from Pittsburgh is at least $10 each way.


The Philadelphia area just doesn't care at all about hs football. Most schools play Saturday morning. And the Philadelphia public league and Philadelphia Catholic League have only been members of PIAA for about a decade now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-17, 12:56 AM
Mr.wrsln2 Mr.wrsln2 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-17
Location: Northview Hghts
Posts: 248
Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Not to mention the wpial holds everything back and still thinks its 1987.sad.great history.but history. echo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-17, 09:56 AM
LICKING COUNTY FAN LICKING COUNTY FAN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-24-01
Location: Buckeye Lake
Posts: 20,973
LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Free TV to the entire state no matter how low the ticket, will keep most at home.

Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN; 12-10-17 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-17, 10:08 AM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 1,058
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
I know it's not enough to reduce it to those kinds of numbers, but if Ohio's had been this weekend with the cold Thursday and Friday and snow yesterday the Ohio numbers would have been down at least 30% for all the games....especially yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-17, 10:37 AM
Springsteen Springsteen is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-16-12
Posts: 268
Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
Free TV to the entire state no matter how l;ow the ticket, will keep most at home.
Bingo. Unless it's your favorite team, why leave the house?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-10-17, 11:37 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,243
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
I know it's not enough to reduce it to those kinds of numbers, but if Ohio's had been this weekend with the cold Thursday and Friday and snow yesterday the Ohio numbers would have been down at least 30% for all the games....especially yesterday.

First game


Prepping for night game.

PA only gives a pre-sale discount for students. It's $8 a ticket at the gate for everyone. Which is the pre-sale adult price. So most can just wait if they want to attend day of game and buy it at the gate.

And with Pittsburgh 3 hours away and a good chance the western teams are from that area, even western PA that follows and supports hs football opt to just stay at home.

PCN airs ALL PIAA championships. Football, basketball, volleyball, field hockey, soccer, baseball, softball track, cross country, etc. What other state airs cross country on live basic cable statewide?

PA moved title games to Hershey in 1998 and started airing games that year. So 20 years since moving titles from Altoona and airing them on live TV. PA just thinks making the games accessible is more important than increasing revenue. They get by on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20171209_143248.jpg
Views:	1441
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1999   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20171209_174239.jpg
Views:	1468
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2000  
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-17, 12:17 PM
LICKING COUNTY FAN LICKING COUNTY FAN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-24-01
Location: Buckeye Lake
Posts: 20,973
LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Very insightful post.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-10-17, 12:24 PM
PGEMF PGEMF is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-20-03
Posts: 897
PGEMF is on a distinguished road
Virginia actually postponed their finals from yesterday until today because of the weather.

They don't play all at one site, play doubleheaders at 3 different sites (6 classes)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-17, 05:41 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 600
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
I've been saying on here for quite a while now that Ohio HS football is far superior to PA. I have also said before that going to PA game compared to Ohio when it comes to crowd attendance is a joke. Now you are seeing what I've been talking about. I've written that when people on here complain about OHSAA, trust me when I say PIAA is a complete joke. Also I've written how you need to appreciate what you get to see for 15 weeks, compared to what we see weekly over there. That is why I go to Ohio for all 15 weeks. Already looking forward to 2018 Ohio HS football!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-10-17, 06:10 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,243
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
I've been saying on here for quite a while now that Ohio HS football is far superior to PA. I have also said before that going to PA game compared to Ohio when it comes to crowd attendance is a joke. Now you are seeing what I've been talking about. I've written that when people on here complain about OHSAA, trust me when I say PIAA is a complete joke. Also I've written how you need to appreciate what you get to see for 15 weeks, compared to what we see weekly over there. That is why I go to Ohio for all 15 weeks. Already looking forward to 2018 Ohio HS football!!
But you only want to see Suburban Cleveland Division 1 games. So you're not really even liking what else goes on around Ohio. Your area of PA has TWO schools at or near OHSAA D1 size. That's your big complaint.

There is a difference between how OHSAA handles their championship weekend and PIAA handles theirs. If PIAA followed exactly Ohio's setup attendance wouldn't magically go up. 10am games would be even worse than 1pm games. Fan support in PA is less statewide than Ohio for comparable games. That's never been in doubt. The fact as an organization PIAA exists on far less revenue and managed to get ALL Championship events on live television is something they do far better than Ohio. Ohsaa would be apocalyptic if they had to go one year on the revenue PIAA runs on. So as I said before, where's all the money?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-10-17, 06:13 PM
LICKING COUNTY FAN LICKING COUNTY FAN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-24-01
Location: Buckeye Lake
Posts: 20,973
LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
PA Fan friendly X10
Ohio Fan friendly -x10
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-10-17, 07:46 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Phil Jurkovec is a stud. Sick all week, then on Sat, puts up 6 TDs vs an undefeated defending State Champ. Glad he's Irish.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-10-17, 07:48 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Private schools in PA have miniscule fan bases. Three largest classes featured private schools. 4A was a private school and a charter school (Imhotep Charter). Imhotep had 148 fans at kickoff on their side. Yet theyre basically Glenville on steroids. Cathedral Prep had a 314mi trip and had about 1,000 fans for a Thursday night.

The public v. Public 1A (Thursday afternoon), 2A and 3A games had good crowds. But the snow made Saturday weaker. Middletown brought a lot of fans last year (just outside Hershey) this year not as many.

Part of PA's problem is the games are on basic cable across the state on PCN. A lot of people would rather stay home instead of drive. Especially western schools looking at a 3+ hour drive that includes a turnpike toll that from Pittsburgh is at least $10 each way.


The Philadelphia area just doesn't care at all about hs football. Most schools play Saturday morning. And the Philadelphia public league and Philadelphia Catholic League have only been members of PIAA for about a decade now.
That's surprising. St Joe's Prep and LS have great traditions.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-10-17, 07:59 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,058
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
But you only want to see Suburban Cleveland Division 1 games. So you're not really even liking what else goes on around Ohio. Your area of PA has TWO schools at or near OHSAA D1 size. That's your big complaint.

There is a difference between how OHSAA handles their championship weekend and PIAA handles theirs. If PIAA followed exactly Ohio's setup attendance wouldn't magically go up. 10am games would be even worse than 1pm games. Fan support in PA is less statewide than Ohio for comparable games. That's never been in doubt. The fact as an organization PIAA exists on far less revenue and managed to get ALL Championship events on live television is something they do far better than Ohio. Ohsaa would be apocalyptic if they had to go one year on the revenue PIAA runs on. So as I said before, where's all the money?
Here are the OHSAA's financial statements for the last 15 years.http://www.ohsaa.org/AboutOHSAA/OHSAAFinancials Please let everyone know what the problem is and where the money is.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-10-17, 09:33 PM
ringer2 ringer2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-01-13
Posts: 495
ringer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Here are the OHSAA's financial statements for the last 15 years.http://www.ohsaa.org/AboutOHSAA/OHSAAFinancials Please let everyone know what the problem is and where the money is.
Don’t make sykotyk actually engage with some facts. It’s easier to spew accusations and we don’t want to make things difficult for him.

OHSAA charges no membership fees to schools. As far as I know they are the only state to do this. PIAA charges an average of $550 per school. If OHSAA did that they would generate well over $400,000 per year. That’s where a big part of the money goes. OHSAA also provides free catastrophic insurance to every student-athlete in the state. That’s about another $400k or more.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-11-17, 01:25 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,243
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer2 View Post
Don’t make sykotyk actually engage with some facts. It’s easier to spew accusations and we don’t want to make things difficult for him.
Very funny considering....


Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer2
OHSAA charges no membership fees to schools. As far as I know they are the only state to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by See Link Below
No government funds or tax dollars support the MHSAA, which was the first such association nationally to not accept membership dues or tournament entry fees from schools.
from https://www.mhsaa.com/about-the-mhsaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer2
PIAA charges an average of $550 per school. If OHSAA did that they would generate well over $400,000 per year. That’s where a big part of the money goes. OHSAA also provides free catastrophic insurance to every student-athlete in the state. That’s about another $400k or more.
It's funny you came up with two relatively equal values, yet fail to realize that's exactly what Pennsylvania's membership fee covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by See Link Below
PIAA member senior high schools pay dues solely based upon their size. All schools in the largest enrollment classification pay $625.00 per school year. The remaining classifications pay a respective amount in descending $50.00 increments. The dues scale for all 718 PIAA member senior high schools is as follows:

880 - and Above = $ 625.00
500 - 879= $ 575.00
241 - 499 = $ 525.00
1 - 240= $ 475.00

Additionally, the dues for all 701 member junior high schools is $250.00 per school regardless of size. There are no classifications for junior high schools or middle schools, therefore, each school pays the same amount. The last dues increase for PIAA was during the 2017-2018 school year.

These dues, in turn, are expensed to purchase basic catastrophic insurance coverage on behalf of each member senior and junior high/middle school. The basic catastrophic insurance is for 10 years, from the date of injury, of catastrophic insurance coverage of 5 million dollars per incident for each and every student who participates in an interscholastic athletic program at a PIAA member school. The deductible of such coverage is $25,000.00 and this is provided for each of the 235,000 participants in member school athletic programs.
from https://www.piaa.org/schools/dues-in...e/default.aspx

See, rather than plug the price into the tournament tickets and 'claim' you're saving money, PIAA just charges the schools for it up front. Your $550 average is a bit off. But, we'll not let facts get in the way with a good burn.


As for PIAA, the first, oh, roughly 120 fans to buy tickets to the first ticketed event covers your catastrophic coverage for the year.

But, it's funny that Ohio has so many more fans per game and pay so much more for tickets for those playoff games than Pennsylvania. And yet the total benefit is the roughly--to quote you--$400k or more. Yet, if Ohio averaged even 8,000 per game at $12 (after you take off Canton's apparent $3 per ticket tax), compared to PIAA's TOTAL of 10,986 paid attendance at $8/ticket. That's $672,000 for Ohio and $87,888 for Pennsylvania.

Now, repeat that same analysis across all sports in Ohio and all sports in PA and suddenly that $400k or more suddenly seems well covered by Ohio.

So, where is the rest of the money going?

As Mackinbiner linked, the OHSAA doesn't break down their exact costs on what that $672,000 had to cover. That's not even revenue from other playoff games. PIAA has three rounds of state playoffs. Ohio has 5. It doesn't break down the actual expenditures for each sport. Just the total. Linking to their financials doesn't answer those questions. But, it was a nice way to attempt to deflect the question.

The point is, somehow PIAA still functions. Ohio had to claim Saturdays weren't profitable enough they needed games ONLY on Friday nights.

There's an issue there. And we know they're not showering it on the schools hosting playoff games. Since it's an annual talking point schools aren't wanting to host because OHSAA doesn't pay enough. Has never really been an issue with PA.



Also, in case anyone is curious. Pennsylvania has a 10-year term, $5 million policy per incident ($25k deductible) while Ohio only has a $500,000 policy per incident ($25k deductible). Only benefit for Ohio is it's a lifetime term. However, a kid with a truly catastrophic injury can burn through $500,000 like it's nothing. And most likely the bulk of the care is going to be in the first few weeks or months after the injury.

Last edited by Sykotyk; 12-11-17 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Tidied up quotes.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-11-17, 07:34 AM
Mikefln Mikefln is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-26-07
Posts: 85
Mikefln is on a distinguished road
I am a PA resident and I never once went to the state championship games. As others have mentioned, why would I if my team is not in it? The games are on TV and it is a good broadcast also. Wrestling is the same way, why go when the coverage is so good. I have a lot of complaints about PIAA but the TV coverage is not one of them.

IMO PA should follow OH more in scheduling. You guys start camp 2 weeks before PA does so all those 1st week games you guys play against PA is actually called week 0 games here as they take the place of a 10 play scrimmage. Then you guys are also done 1 week before PA is done. If PIAA played last week the attendance would have been better, not earth shattering but better none the less.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-11-17, 09:39 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,737
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
1a 2,112
2a 3,490
3a 3,592
4a 1,279
5a 1,305
6a 2,349
I get that snow was a big factor in attendance but we actually have a recent Ohio example to compare it to. Back in 2013 at the Friday night D2 Ohio State championship game that pitted Loveland against Glenville the attendance was:

5,434

The game was played in a snowstorm with several inches on the field. On top of that LL is located in metro Cincinnati so their fans were facing a 4+ hour drive to the game. Also throw in the fact that Glenville doesn't usually bring big crowds.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-11-17, 09:42 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,058
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
It would be nice to compare some of the financial numbers between Ohio and Pennsylvania but I'm unable to find PIAA's financial statements on their web site. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-11-17, 12:12 PM
ringer2 ringer2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-01-13
Posts: 495
ringer2 is on a distinguished road
OK where to start because there are so many poor conclusions drawn here. I’ll have to respond later when I have more time.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-11-17, 12:13 PM
ringer2 ringer2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-01-13
Posts: 495
ringer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Very funny considering....





from https://www.mhsaa.com/about-the-mhsaa



It's funny you came up with two relatively equal values, yet fail to realize that's exactly what Pennsylvania's membership fee covers.


from https://www.piaa.org/schools/dues-in...e/default.aspx

See, rather than plug the price into the tournament tickets and 'claim' you're saving money, PIAA just charges the schools for it up front. Your $550 average is a bit off. But, we'll not let facts get in the way with a good burn.


As for PIAA, the first, oh, roughly 120 fans to buy tickets to the first ticketed event covers your catastrophic coverage for the year.

But, it's funny that Ohio has so many more fans per game and pay so much more for tickets for those playoff games than Pennsylvania. And yet the total benefit is the roughly--to quote you--$400k or more. Yet, if Ohio averaged even 8,000 per game at $12 (after you take off Canton's apparent $3 per ticket tax), compared to PIAA's TOTAL of 10,986 paid attendance at $8/ticket. That's $672,000 for Ohio and $87,888 for Pennsylvania.

Now, repeat that same analysis across all sports in Ohio and all sports in PA and suddenly that $400k or more suddenly seems well covered by Ohio.

So, where is the rest of the money going?

As Mackinbiner linked, the OHSAA doesn't break down their exact costs on what that $672,000 had to cover. That's not even revenue from other playoff games. PIAA has three rounds of state playoffs. Ohio has 5. It doesn't break down the actual expenditures for each sport. Just the total. Linking to their financials doesn't answer those questions. But, it was a nice way to attempt to deflect the question.

The point is, somehow PIAA still functions. Ohio had to claim Saturdays weren't profitable enough they needed games ONLY on Friday nights.

There's an issue there. And we know they're not showering it on the schools hosting playoff games. Since it's an annual talking point schools aren't wanting to host because OHSAA doesn't pay enough. Has never really been an issue with PA.



Also, in case anyone is curious. Pennsylvania has a 10-year term, $5 million policy per incident ($25k deductible) while Ohio only has a $500,000 policy per incident ($25k deductible). Only benefit for Ohio is it's a lifetime term. However, a kid with a truly catastrophic injury can burn through $500,000 like it's nothing. And most likely the bulk of the care is going to be in the first few weeks or months after the injury.
OK where to start because there are so many poor conclusions drawn here. Iíll have to respond later when I have more time.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-11-17, 05:25 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,321
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer2 View Post
Donít make sykotyk actually engage with some facts. Itís easier to spew accusations and we donít want to make things difficult for him.

OHSAA charges no membership fees to schools. As far as I know they are the only state to do this. PIAA charges an average of $550 per school. If OHSAA did that they would generate well over $400,000 per year. Thatís where a big part of the money goes. OHSAA also provides free catastrophic insurance to every student-athlete in the state. Thatís about another $400k or more.
Don't forget the 800+ middle/junior high schools that are covered as well.....

Total number of schools is about 1670.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-11-17, 06:00 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,321
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Just to start....

The membership fees generate 10% of the operating budget for the PIAA. The PIAA also receives the gate receipts from regular season games at each schools.

Neither occur with the OHSAA


Comparing the PIAA finances to the OHSAA finances is comparing apples to marbles

Last edited by AllSports12; 12-11-17 at 07:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-11-17, 06:15 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,058
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSports12 View Post
The membership fees generate 10% of the operating budget for the PIAA. The PIAA also receives the gate receipts from regular season games at each schools.

Neither occur with the OHSAA


Comparing the PIAA finances to the OHSAA finances is comparing apples to marbles
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-11-17, 08:28 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,243
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSports12 View Post
Just to start....

The membership fees generate 10% of the operating budget for the PIAA. The PIAA also receives the gate receipts from regular season games at each schools.

Neither occur with the OHSAA


Comparing the PIAA finances to the OHSAA finances is comparing apples to marbles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Not sure exactly where you thought that up. But you would be talking about millions upon millions of dollars.

It doesn't work that way.

If you're going to post something, at least not edit out pertinent parts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.piaa.org/about/story.aspx

All of this is accomplished without any federal or state funds. PIAA's principle source of revenue is the sale of tickets to its Inter-District Championship Contests. Operating these Inter-District Championship Contests is also PIAA's largest expense. Junior high/middle schools pay annual dues of $250; senior high schools pay annual dues ranging from a low of $475 to a high of $625, based on school size. Those dues constitute approximately 10% of PIAA's gross revenue, and are paid by many of the schools from their athletic budgets, which come from ticket sales to their own Regular Season Contests. Gate receipts enable PIAA to operate without taxpayer financing.

Also, just so you're aware, PIAA reimburses travel of $5/mile (one-way) for two vehicles to transport the team for state playoff games. Also, the state reimburses $1 pre-sold adult ticket and $0.50 pre-sold student ticket to the participating school.

Fairly in line with Ohio's playoff policy.

{EDIT}

Last edited by Sykotyk; 12-11-17 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perrysburg D-1 District Rankings (Regular Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 1 11-17-17 02:02 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 9 09-03-17 05:38 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz