Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-23-18, 05:21 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Spectrum Sports Coverage of the Ohio Basketball Final Four

I appreciate being able to watch the games, but why do they only have one camera angle? It's hard to get into the game when it feels like you are sitting in the upper deck and cant see any faces, reactions, fouls, etc. Not only that, no replays

Anyone else?

I should add, they do have two static cameras behind each backboard used during free-throws.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-18, 06:24 PM
All District

BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
Terrible. Just terrible.

No reason games of this magnitude don't get the full treatment.
Old 03-23-18, 07:20 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
There have also been some fantastic shots of the back of the coach's head while being interviewed court side.
Old 03-23-18, 07:22 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
This is the first year in awhile that the semis have been televised. Hopefully the finals will see better coverage. What bothers me is their announcers. Last year they didn't know players names, cities where teams were from, even mixed up teams on some calls. They might be the same lame announcers used by Time Warner in the preceding years. Absolutely terrible.
Old 03-23-18, 07:24 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
After watching a few girls games last week and a couple boys yesterday I'm wondering if you can just call them and say "hey, I want to be a TV announcer".....they are painful. Yesterday in a 18 point game with 2 minutes left where the team that was down had clearly called it a day he said "if they want to win they have to start fouling soon"....
Old 03-23-18, 08:48 PM
All World

This lady called Solon's opponent "Pickerington High School Central." Are you kidding me?
Old 03-23-18, 09:25 PM
All Ohio

PicktownBandDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
This lady called Solon's opponent "Pickerington High School Central." Are you kidding me?
She is correct.

Pickerington's two schools are:

Pickerington High School Central

Pickerington High School North
Old 03-23-18, 09:29 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicktownBandDad View Post
She is correct.

Hmmmm......not that I didn't believe you.....lol, but yep, that's how they are listed on the Picktown schools website
Old 03-23-18, 09:41 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
You fell for the trap! Yep, indeed it is Pickerington High School Central and Pickerington High School North. (It was cheaper and simpler to just put "Central" underneath the sign that said "Pickerington High School". Hope the Pickerington posters don't read this!)

It's kind of like the University of Oklahoma and how their athletic branding is "OU" (e.g. the logo.)
Old 03-24-18, 07:32 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
What channel are they on with Spectrum ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 03-24-18, 07:53 AM
All American

lasalle9802 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball216 View Post
what channel are they on with spectrum ?

Sent from my sm-g955u using sport forums smart
Old 03-24-18, 10:28 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicktownBandDad View Post
She is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Hmmmm......not that I didn't believe you.....lol, but yep, that's how they are listed on the Picktown schools website
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
You fell for the trap! Yep, indeed it is Pickerington High School Central and Pickerington High School North. (It was cheaper and simpler to just put "Central" underneath the sign that said "Pickerington High School". Hope the Pickerington posters don't read this!)

It's kind of like the University of Oklahoma and how their athletic branding is "OU" (e.g. the logo.)

Well, shut my mouth and....... Who ever would have thought? Thanks for my edu-ma-cation for today.
Old 03-24-18, 11:08 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
I had spectrum channel 99 Thursday in sw Ohio, lost it yesterday and today. Had to go online to get it and hook to TV. Anyone else have similar issue with access ?
Old 03-24-18, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Credit to Spectrum for having more cameras available for today's championship games.
Old 03-24-18, 09:36 PM
All Region

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I had spectrum channel 99 Thursday in sw Ohio, lost it yesterday and today. Had to go online to get it and hook to TV. Anyone else have similar issue with access ?
I had a similar problem. For quite a while, when I could not go to a live football/basketball game, I would watch a game on tv. When the tournament began, I lost channel 99. When I called, they said that channel was no longer part of my package. BS
Old 03-25-18, 05:48 AM
All District

bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
I did not see any TV coverage but listened to the radio coverage of a couple games Saturday. Thought the radio coverage was pretty good. During the D4 game they mentioned that this was Cornerstone Christian's coach last year at the school. Mentioned the assistant was taken over next year. During the postgame they ask Marion Local player Bruns what title was better basketball or football- he said basketball because it so unexpected for Marion Local to win in basketball.
During the D3 game they talked about the issues Deer Park was having with investigations and others questioning the make up of the Deer Park team.
I doubt any of that was mentioned on TV.
The thing that gets me about the TV coverage is they usually have announcers and side line people that do not have a clue about Ohio High School Basketball- have not followed or been to a Ohio high school game.
Old 03-25-18, 09:30 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought TV coverage was really good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 03-25-18, 11:17 AM
All District

FB4EVer is on a distinguished road
I thought the game coverage was good. Could someone please give Harrison Sanford the boot? I thought he was going to cry at halftime of the SVSM/Trotwood game. It is a good thing Moeller won. He might have been on suicide watch today otherwise.
Old 03-26-18, 03:37 AM
All World

warren west
I give them credit for finally showing the Semis but they need to get back to being shown on FoxOhio so some ex-ohioans can watch them from out of state.
Old 03-26-18, 08:08 AM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren west View Post
I give them credit for finally showing the Semis but they need to get back to being shown on FoxOhio so some ex-ohioans can watch them from out of state.
Sad to say, but even the people in Ohio can't even watch them, unless you have Spectrum TV.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-18, 08:32 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsee54321 View Post
I did not see any TV coverage but listened to the radio coverage of a couple games Saturday. Thought the radio coverage was pretty good. During the D4 game they mentioned that this was Cornerstone Christian's coach last year at the school. Mentioned the assistant was taken over next year. During the postgame they ask Marion Local player Bruns what title was better basketball or football- he said basketball because it so unexpected for Marion Local to win in basketball.
During the D3 game they talked about the issues Deer Park was having with investigations and others questioning the make up of the Deer Park team.
I doubt any of that was mentioned on TV.
The thing that gets me about the TV coverage is they usually have announcers and side line people that do not have a clue about Ohio High School Basketball- have not followed or been to a Ohio high school game.
All of the drama and speculation around Deer Park has shown up in various media around here in Cincinnati but I feel as though that as their state run went deeper it died down a bit and focused more on the actual basketball being played and less on residency etc. I think it is not necessary to stir the pot during the main broadcast of the game. As time goes by and if no one ever proves any wrongdoing/Deer Park receives no penalty, it will just make the broadcaster/broadcasting network look bad. Once it's said, it's out there forever, especially in this social media/YouTube era.

As far as broadcasters go, I would say you don't even need a person who is fully educated on Ohio high school basketball if they are given decent team notes. I have watched a fair amount of OU basketball games on Spectrum and the coverage teams they have used were decent enough and could handle high school. Can be a little refreshing to hear someone just share what's going on and not ramble on like Dickie V for 3 minutes after the fact.
Old 03-28-18, 10:24 PM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren west View Post
Spectrums deal with OHSAA televises Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, LaCross, Swimming and Track championships. Would FoxOhio provide that extensive coverage.
Old 03-29-18, 02:14 AM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
FoxTexas, California do I know. Don't know about other states, Colorado covers a lot of those, as does Indian and Illinois. Even STO would get it to a lot of people.
Old 03-29-18, 10:38 AM
All District

hammer89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
Spectrums deal with OHSAA televises Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, LaCross, Swimming and Track championships. Would FoxOhio provide that extensive coverage.
The ratings were so bad on fox sports that they told the OHSAAthey wouldn’t air the games, even for free. OHSAA would’ve had to pay them, and that was obviously a dealbreaker, hence the crappier spectrum deal.