Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-23-18, 12:01 PM
All District

Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Unfortunately that may not be an option. We will see.
Why can't EP use it as leverage? The rest of the league really cannot afford to lose any more teams, why can't they say no more D7 schools or we are leaving too?
Old 01-23-18, 12:20 PM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
Why can't EP use it as leverage? The rest of the league really cannot afford to lose any more teams, why can't they say no more D7 schools or we are leaving too?
There is common sense to be had with this: don't cut your throat until all options are expired.

We will see who is interested, but I would fathom someone is already in the sights.
Old 01-23-18, 03:19 PM
All District

Hope United is paying attention because they are in the same boat as EP
Old 01-23-18, 03:34 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
even tho bulldog1974 wishes for more competition

does the powers in EP or even United really want it?

again - I can't blame D7 schools or lower end D6 schools for wanting to keep their league to the smaller side of enrollment. EP and United do kinda stand apart with larger enrollments

and who is all in that buckeye league?
Old 01-23-18, 04:09 PM
All World

Buckeye96-Hope United is paying attention because they are in the same boat as EP

Football 101-does the powers in EP or even United really want it?

LMAO, I'd lay everything I own that United and EP will decide together!

The United Super and the EP Super are married to each other, seriously, no joke.
Old 01-23-18, 05:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
even tho bulldog1974 wishes for more competition

does the powers in EP or even United really want it?

again - I can't blame D7 schools or lower end D6 schools for wanting to keep their league to the smaller side of enrollment. EP and United do kinda stand apart with larger enrollments

and who is all in that buckeye league?
The buckeye 8 consists of north and south division
North
Beaver, EL, Edison, Indian Creek, Buckeye Local

Really the only 3 that would be a match for both United and EP are the first three, 2 D4, 1 D5
Old 01-24-18, 07:46 AM
All World

Quote:
Beaver, EL, Edison, Indian Creek, Buckeye Local

Really the only 3 that would be a match for both United and EP are the first three, 2 D4, 1 D5
The only one who has an iota of a chance to get on the schedule is Beaver. Dogs have played the Beavers in the recent past.
Old 01-24-18, 10:27 AM
All District

Quote:
The only one who has an iota of a chance to get on the schedule is Beaver. Dogs have played the Beavers in the recent past.
Still think East Liverpool would be a good fit on the schedule
Old 01-24-18, 09:26 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
I think that why the EOAC is in a bit of a bind...there just aren't any other D6 or 7 schools left in Columbiana County. They have to either bite the bullet and invite a "big" school, or they need to go outside the county.

That's why I suggested Sebring since they were a member of the TCL. The MVAC can invite Newton Falls, Mathews, or maybe another AAC school to replace them. Otherwise, the EOAC has to start looking at Stark, Carroll, Jefferson County, OR Mahoning with Valley Christian, or Campbell. Not very many good options.

Wonder if the powers that be will start regretting the break up of the ITCL?
Old 01-25-18, 12:25 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
I think that why the EOAC is in a bit of a bind...there just aren't any other D6 or 7 schools left in Columbiana County. They have to either bite the bullet and invite a "big" school, or they need to go outside the county.

That's why I suggested Sebring since they were a member of the TCL. The MVAC can invite Newton Falls, Mathews, or maybe another AAC school to replace them. Otherwise, the EOAC has to start looking at Stark, Carroll, Jefferson County, OR Mahoning with Valley Christian, or Campbell. Not very many good options.

Wonder if the powers that be will start regretting the break up of the ITCL?
I just don't ever see the group of Lisbon, Southern, Wellsville, Leetonia voting to invite a school like Salem that is well over twice as big as them, or Salem (Minerva, whatever D4 or 5 being mentioned) leaving to play in a conference with schools 2-3 divisions smaller. If EP and/or United want to be in a league with bigger schools, i highly doubt it's the EOAC.

Valley Christian did just enter the PTC but would probably leave for a league with less travel. But would they invite a private? As far as Sebring I feel like if they wanted in they would've been in over Toronto when the itcl broke up and I'm not sure what has changed since. If they were to leave I think the mvac would kick the tires with Brookfield first before looking elsewhere. As you said not many options and I think the most likely outcome is they just go with 7, everyone has an extra OOC game to schedule. Both the NAC and PTC county are small school conferences in NE Ohio that have only 5 or 6 football playing members
Old 01-25-18, 06:44 AM
All World

All I am saying is this; I said there would be change in the EOAC within 3 years, it's started already by Toronto leaving.
Old 01-25-18, 10:24 AM
All District

The 2 larger schools (United & EP) better hope they stay at 7, because if they add for example a small school in Sebring they really are accepting it and must deal with it. Not sure I understand what is stopping United & EP from calling the bigger schools on their own and trying to do do something. Agree no way anyone wants the D7 schools to be with the D4 schools (both sides)
Old 01-25-18, 12:23 PM
All District

Johnny Ringo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not sure I understand what is stopping United & EP from calling the bigger schools on their own and trying to do do something.(both sides)
EP rejected the idea of having Salem, Beaver, West Branch, etc. in their league in the past. Then they proceeded to boot out Crestview, South Range, and Springfield. What makes you think they are unhappy in their current league? It's exactly what they wanted.
Old 01-25-18, 12:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
EP rejected the idea of having Salem, Beaver, West Branch, etc. in their league in the past. Then they proceeded to boot out Crestview, South Range, and Springfield. What makes you think they are unhappy in their current league? It's exactly what they wanted.
Well, look who is here, MR. Sore Butt Ringo.

No one has said anything about unhappy, only thing has been said is who could fill the vacancy.
Mind your own business, remember C-view got the boot for other reasons.
Old 01-25-18, 01:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Well, look who is here, MR. Sore Butt Ringo.

No one has said anything about unhappy, only thing has been said is who could fill the vacancy.
Mind your own business, remember C-view got the boot for other reasons.
EP is most certainly happy in their current situation. I was simply trying to clarify for some of the confused posters who (rightfully so) can't understand why EP is not pushing for their league to look to larger schools.

Perhaps you could help clarify for everyone why EP is happy with their current situation of being a D5 school in a D6/D7 league.

Last edited by Johnny Ringo; 01-25-18 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-25-18, 01:26 PM
All World

Quote:
EP is most certainly happy in their current situation. I was simply trying to clarify for some of the confused posters who (rightfully so) can't understand why EP is not pushing for their league to look to larger schools.

Perhaps you could help clarify for everyone why EP is happy with their current situation of being a D5 school in a D6/D7 league.
I can see D6, but not D7, other than Lisbon as a rivalry.

My concern is another D7 will be sought. From my gathering one is in the sights. I sure as HELL hope not.

I didn't say they were happy, nor was I told they weren't. EP WAS NOT one of the first choices in the EOAC.

Last edited by bulldog1974; 01-25-18 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-25-18, 01:32 PM
Junior Varsity

kxf523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The 2 larger schools (United & EP) better hope they stay at 7, because if they add for example a small school in Sebring they really are accepting it and must deal with it. Not sure I understand what is stopping United & EP from calling the bigger schools on their own and trying to do do something. Agree no way anyone wants the D7 schools to be with the D4 schools (both sides)
Agree....Why not South Range, Crestview, EP, United, Columbiana, Springfield, and one other?
Old 01-25-18, 01:38 PM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxf523 View Post
Agree....Why not South Range, Crestview, EP, United, Columbiana, Springfield, and one other?
You mean the ITCL Red tier + Columbiana? (Who should've been in that tier anyways) Spaite wont go for that!

Now you're talking about breaking up two brand new leagues to form another new one. Not gonna happen.
Old 01-25-18, 01:42 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxf523 View Post
EP refuses to be in a league with South Range or Crestview, as well as other local & bigger schools like Salem, Beaver Local, West Branch, etc. They basically are left with the schools that they are in a league with now. EP painted themselves into a corner and now they are stuck there. But like I said, they are content with their situation.
Old 01-25-18, 01:46 PM
All World

Quote:
EP refuses to be in a league with South Range or Crestview, as well as other local & bigger schools like Salem, Beaver Local, West Branch, etc. They basically are left with the schools that they are in a league with now. EP painted themselves into a corner and now they are stuck there. But like I said, they are content with their situation.
Like to stir the pot, eh? Is it because your C-view got the boot? 300 kids between Columbiana and EP, C-view deserves the boot. Enjoy the AAC and travel again.
Old 01-25-18, 01:47 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
You mean the ITCL Red tier + Columbiana? (Who should've been in that tier anyways) Spaite wont go for that!

Now you're talking about breaking up two brand new leagues to form another new one. Not gonna happen.
That literally was the itcl upper tier plus Ridge and Lisbon.

But yeah no way. I don't see South Range ditching the new NE8 to go back to that even if it was hypothetically on the table. The way they are growing they may be D4 next classification and fit in perfect with the other D3 and 4 schools in that league. I'm not sure Springfield would be gung ho about it either now that they are essentially the same size as McDonald/WR/Ridge, I think they are content.
Old 01-25-18, 01:51 PM
All District

Quote:
Like to stir the pot, eh? Is it because your C-view got the boot? 300 kids between Columbiana and EP, C-view deserves the boot.
It's not stirring the pot it's the truth. If I'm wrong please correct anything I said. Is EP willing to play in a league with South Range and Crestview? Would EP be willing to play in a league with schools such as Salem and West Branch?

And how many does Columbiana take from EP? Not enough to boot them out apparently, or if EP's Super's husband had been working at Crestview would it have been Columbiana getting kicked out?
Old 01-25-18, 01:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Not sure I understand why someone would reject a school they play anyways in other sports. Feelings aside I think they chose to be in this situation due to rivalries, economics, and hoping to god that the small schools could maintain numbers. Well one school leaving, dwindling numbers at a school sometimes requires the people at the wheel to re think what is important. I understand wanting to always be the big fish but it not always feasible. I still do not understand why EP would want Crestview out, need a better reason than football, and kids are going there for open enrollment.
Old 01-25-18, 02:00 PM
All World

Quote:
It's not stirring the pot it's the truth. If I'm wrong please correct anything I said. Is EP willing to play in a league with South Range and Crestview? Would EP be willing to play in a league with schools such as Salem and West Branch?

And how many does Columbiana take from EP? Not enough to boot them out apparently, or if EP's Super's husband had been working at Crestview would it have been Columbiana getting kicked out?
You talk in circles, much like a kid who isn't getting his way.

Fact is, C-view had to beg to get into a league. Fact is, not only does C-view get 300 kids total from both Columbiana and EP, they also steal from neighboring districts like Beaver. Let's see, around 500 total open enrollment? Your district is RECRUITING, it isn't about academics, it's about sports and that almighty Dollar from the State! Your academics and schools are not any better than the districts you steal kids from.
Old 01-25-18, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
*pops popcorn
Old 01-25-18, 02:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
*pops popcorn
I'll take some.
Old 01-25-18, 02:26 PM
All District

All the county schools continue to get smaller, and the fight between them continues, fact of the matter is some need each other to survive, and they refuse to admit it. Athletically speaking the dollar rules and if schools are ok with filling schedules with schools who might not have enough numbers or just do not field teams in certain sports then they have to deal with it
Old 01-25-18, 02:34 PM
All District

Quote:
You talk in circles, much like a kid who isn't getting his way.

Fact is, C-view had to beg to get into a league. Fact is, not only does C-view get 300 kids total from both Columbiana and EP, they also steal from neighboring districts like Beaver. Let's see, around 500 total open enrollment? Your district is RECRUITING, it isn't about academics, it's about sports and that almighty Dollar from the State! Your academics and schools are not any better than the districts you steal kids from.
Keep believing such a ridiculous story. It is almost unbelievable to think that people in such a disastrous school district are accusing a neighboring district of recruiting their kids. Crestview doesn't recruit. South Range doesn't recruit. They're good school districts who happen to be located in such proximity to other districts. I'm not going to sit here and act like I know the reason for every family to send their kids because it could be for any number of reasons. However, in the case of EP their district tanked a long time ago and Crestview AND Columbiana reap the benefits.

Why do you ignore every time I bring up the fact that Columbiana takes a ton of kids from EP every year too and EP had no problem joining a league with them? Could it be that the EOAC schools saw an opportunity to remove the two schools who dominated them for years? Why does EP refuse to entertain the idea of joining a league with Salem, Beaver, and West Branch? Could it be that they don't want the competition week in and week out?
Old 01-25-18, 02:39 PM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Keep believing such a ridiculous story. It is almost unbelievable to think that people in such a disastrous school district are accusing a neighboring district of recruiting their kids. Crestview doesn't recruit. South Range doesn't recruit. They're good school districts who happen to be located in such proximity to other districts. I'm not going to sit here and act like I know the reason for every family to send their kids because it could be for any number of reasons. However, in the case of EP their district tanked a long time ago and Crestview AND Columbiana reap the benefits.

Why do you ignore every time I bring up the fact that Columbiana takes a ton of kids from EP every year too and EP had no problem joining a league with them? Could it be that the EOAC schools saw an opportunity to remove the two schools who dominated them for years? Why does EP refuse to entertain the idea of joining a league with Salem, Beaver, and West Branch? Could it be that they don't want the competition week in and week out?
Serious question, because I truly don’t know. Has Crestview’s enrollment numbers declined since they left, or should I say were booted, from the league? Has EP’s numbers gone up in that same amount of time?
Old 01-25-18, 03:16 PM
All District

I guess the million dollar question is if the schools do not want to be in a league together why do they play in other sports? Ok Some teams would lose in football to certain others but would probably be competitive in other sports. Some schools are better in girls sports than others it is just how it works. Overall the financial gain of people in the stands has to figure on the minds of the powers at some point. Salem vs United, or Beaver vs EP, or EL vs Crestview sounds good not only on paper but in the checkbooks as well. Common sense never wins