Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-17, 11:17 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Bittner is not 6'2
Check the roster. He's listed at 6'2" 200 lbs
Old 11-14-17, 11:30 AM
Junior Varsity

TSchwor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
if you're going to say Bittner isn't D1 based off those stats, how could you claim Wolf is D1 when his stats aren't markedly better? Bittner made 1 mistake, but helped give his team a chance to win. Also, his rushing stats are negatively skewed due to sacks.
I believe there is talent at Elder. Your claims about Wolf and Bitner are laughable.
Wolf help lead his team to a state championship (along with Clifford) last year. 16 TD and 3 rushing against a very tough schedule...no club teams.
This year, if you look at his stats, 25 TD's and 4 rushing and 2 interceptions, 2400 yards along with a 10-1 record and his worst game was against Elder. Did you look at his stats against Lasalle? That was one of the 6 games where there was a running clock for St X. 4 TD's and didn't play the second half and they beat the Lnacers by 40; we lost to Lasalle.
I bleed purple but don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda. Bitner is a D2 QB or maybe a D1 safety.
For the past 15 years, I help colleges identify players in the Greater Cincinnati area. in my opinion (and many other national scouts), Wolf is the best QB in the state; that doesn't take away from how good Bitner is. I actually think they make the playoffs if Bitner started from day one. In college, I feel he will either play D@ or 3 or switch positions. His release is too low and he doesn't get it out quick enough yet and needs more classroom work on coverage reading.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-14-17, 11:47 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSchwor View Post
I believe there is talent at Elder. Your claims about Wolf and Bitner are laughable.
Wolf help lead his team to a state championship (along with Clifford) last year. 16 TD and 3 rushing against a very tough schedule...no club teams.
This year, if you look at his stats, 25 TD's and 4 rushing and 2 interceptions, 2400 yards along with a 10-1 record and his worst game was against Elder. Did you look at his stats against Lasalle? That was one of the 6 games where there was a running clock for St X. 4 TD's and didn't play the second half and they beat the Lnacers by 40; we lost to Lasalle.
I bleed purple but don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda. Bitner is a D2 QB or maybe a D1 safety.
For the past 15 years, I help colleges identify players in the Greater Cincinnati area. in my opinion (and many other national scouts), Wolf is the best QB in the state; that doesn't take away from how good Bitner is. I actually think they make the playoffs if Bitner started from day one. In college, I feel he will either play D@ or 3 or switch positions. His release is too low and he doesn't get it out quick enough yet and needs more classroom work on coverage reading.
Just my 2 cents.
"We"? You aren't on the team and in case you forgot, that was in a rainstorm. Why not compare Bittner's game vs Moe to what Wolf did?
Old 11-14-17, 01:41 PM
Junior Varsity

TSchwor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"We"? You aren't on the team and in case you forgot, that was in a rainstorm. Why not compare Bittner's game vs Moe to what Wolf did?
I can't argue with stupid people anymore. Have fun in your make believe world.
Old 11-14-17, 01:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSchwor View Post
I can't argue with stupid people anymore. Have fun in your make believe world.
I must have missed something. Is trying to throw the ball in a downpour not significantly more difficult than throwing in dry weather?
Old 11-15-17, 09:59 PM
All World

Watching Wed Night MACtion, you can't tell me Bittner couldn't compete at this level.
Old 11-16-17, 08:40 AM
All Region

Elder Panther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Watching Wed Night MACtion, you can't tell me Bittner couldn't compete at this level.
Of course he can. I like the comparison to Ragland. Michael is athletic,well conditioned and knows the QB position well. He has an an excellent arm and good release. This kid has been biting at the bit to be in command of this offense exclusively. I'm certain he will excel in the upcoming season and recruiters will be knocking.
Old 11-16-17, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Mike Dyer posted the All-District Teams, the following Elder guys were recognized.
1st Team:
Jr. - Kyle Trischler
Jr. - Spencer Bono
2nd Team:
Jr. - Jake O'Brien
Old 11-16-17, 09:33 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Based on how he played the second half of the year, I think he's got a shot to play at a smaller DI school. But it's not easy to even get to that point.

He should be primed for a great Sr year.
Old 11-16-17, 09:44 AM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Based on how he played the second half of the year, I think he's got a shot to play at a smaller DI school. But it's not easy to even get to that point.

He should be primed for a great Sr year.
I have seen Bittner play a few times and I think he is a talented, tough nosed QB. He did a good job at times of moving in the pocket against St X to buy more time. He interception in the end zone was a case of trying to do too much which often comes with inexperience.

He is a good high school QB but less then 3% of kids play at the DI level. Take a look at the roster of FCS schools as well as DII and DIII. You will see a lot of All State players, with size and skills. Playing DI football is a numbers game and there just are not that many opportunities.

At this point I see Bittner as more of a DII QB or possibly a preferred walk on at a lower level DI school. A great senior season, ala Gus Ragland, and that could all change
Old 11-16-17, 09:55 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
I have seen Bittner play a few times and I think he is a talented, tough nosed QB. He did a good job at times of moving in the pocket against St X to buy more time. He interception in the end zone was a case of trying to do too much which often comes with inexperience.

He is a good high school QB but less then 3% of kids play at the DI level. Take a look at the roster of FCS schools as well as DII and DIII. You will see a lot of All State players, with size and skills. Playing DI football is a numbers game and there just are not that many opportunities.

At this point I see Bittner as more of a DII QB or possibly a preferred walk on at a lower level DI school. A great senior season, ala Gus Ragland, and that could all change
It goes without saying, he needs to have an outstanding Sr season to get D1 offers. However, I think he'll tear it up. He struggled in the LS game, but you can't hold that against him. The weather conditions were atrocious. I look at what he did v Moe and even more impressively vs WW, and I can't see him not having a big Sr yr.
Old 11-16-17, 09:56 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means...but if he makes the improvements at the pace he seemed to have improved over the second half, he may have a shot.

I do agree with the assessments about his ability to read defenses, but he still has 18 months to improve on that.
Old 11-16-17, 10:02 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means...but if he makes the improvements at the pace he seemed to have improved over the second half, he may have a shot.

I do agree with the assessments about his ability to read defenses, but he still has 18 months to improve on that.
Agreed. But the fact he also plays basketball and baseball works against him. Tough to make significant off-season improvement when you are playing two other sports at a high-level.

It's his choice and I would never want to take the opportunities, experiences, or memories away from anyone BUT if he wants to go DI, I'd like to see him focus on being a QB. It's a tough call b/c I'm told he has a chance to play baseball in college as well.
Old 11-16-17, 10:05 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Agreed. But the fact he also plays basketball and baseball works against him. Tough to make significant off-season improvement when you are playing two other sports at a high-level.

It's his choice and I would never want to take the opportunities, experiences, or memories away from anyone BUT if he wants to go DI, I'd like to see him focus more on just being a QB. It's a tough call.
I didn't think he was playing bball. Ramsey is the best QB Coach in the city. You have to be an intelligent QB to play in his Offense, the Xs and O's shouldn't be an issue.
Old 11-16-17, 04:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Mike Dyer posted the All-District Teams, the following Elder guys were recognized.
1st Team:
Jr. - Kyle Trischler
Jr. - Spencer Bono
2nd Team:
Jr. - Jake O'Brien
Bono was playing at about 70% with a lingering injury after the Lincoln game. What a monster.
Old 11-16-17, 07:38 PM
Varsity

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bono was playing at about 70% with a lingering injury after the Lincoln game. What a monster.
If he can get up to 240-250 he will dominate. Probably going to be a lot more offers coming his way.
Old 11-16-17, 07:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty99 View Post
If he can get up to 240-250 he will dominate. Probably going to be a lot more offers coming his way.
I don't want to disclose his specific injury, but I'll say it would've hindered his pass rush technique a good deal.
Old 11-18-17, 12:19 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Check the roster. He's listed at 6'2" 200 lbs
Rosters aren't exactly the best way to verify a players real height and weight. He's not 6'2, maybe 6'...
Old 11-18-17, 12:30 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Rosters aren't exactly the best way to verify a players real height and weight. He's not 6'2, maybe 6'...
He's taller than 6'0 flat.