Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-16-17, 02:26 PM
All Region

bleacherbum57 is on a distinguished road
Bellbrook 2
Lebanon 2
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-17, 10:31 PM
All Region

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Mason 1 Anderson 0. (JV game 2-2)
Old 08-17-17, 08:01 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Mason 1 Anderson 0. (JV game 2-2)
Lucky to escape at that score line. Could have been much much worse. The in season development will tell the tale. One team, has a real schedule.
Old 08-18-17, 07:40 AM
Freshman

Packerfan is on a distinguished road
Beavercreek 3, Alter 1
Old 08-18-17, 10:44 AM
Freshman

Louis1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Lucky to escape at that score line. Could have been much much worse. The in season development will tell the tale. One team, has a real schedule.
Completely agree. Anderson looked very disorganized. If Mason had a real quality striker (like in years past), game could have gotten out of hand.
Old 08-18-17, 06:22 PM
Freshman

Soccer0524 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis1234 View Post
Completely agree. Anderson looked very disorganized. If Mason had a real quality striker (like in years past), game could have gotten out of hand.
Mason controlled the pace(fast/attacking) of play the entire match. It wasn't even close. Anderson needs a reality(and ego) check. MHS coach has been tinkering with the front 4 all pre-season. Yes, some key players up top graduated. But gonna pull a "Not so fast my friend" on the striker statement. How about "Hold that thought"? Just because a coach doesn't spew a bunch of vapid hype in the paper about his "stars"...doesn't mean there aren't a few (very) talented kids up front fine tuning their skills & getting the top to gel. Enjoyed watching the different looks.
School matchup? BIG apples - little oranges. Period.
Old 08-18-17, 10:41 PM
Freshman

Louis1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer0524 View Post
Mason controlled the pace(fast/attacking) of play the entire match. It wasn't even close. Anderson needs a reality(and ego) check. MHS coach has been tinkering with the front 4 all pre-season. Yes, some key players up top graduated. But gonna pull a "Not so fast my friend" on the striker statement. How about "Hold that thought"? Just because a coach doesn't spew a bunch of vapid hype in the paper about his "stars"...doesn't mean there aren't a few (very) talented kids up front fine tuning their skills & getting the top to gel. Enjoyed watching the different looks.
School matchup? BIG apples - little oranges. Period.
Sorry 0524, just call them as I see them. The only real impact players that I saw the other night were #7 and #8. They controlled the entire game from the midfield, which was the difference between the two teams. I didn't see a Curran or even a Grimes on the field tonight for Mason, the lack of a finishing product was very obvious.
Old 08-19-17, 05:32 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis1234 View Post
Sorry 0524, just call them as I see them. The only real impact players that I saw the other night were #7 and #8. They controlled the entire game from the midfield, which was the difference between the two teams. I didn't see a Curran or even a Grimes on the field tonight for Mason, the lack of a finishing product was very obvious.
"the lack of a finishing product..." but isn't that what scrimmages are for? No offense taken here, just more willing to wait & see how the youngsters step up in those coveted roles. Their non-conference schedule will demand it. Unlike the over-hyped team on the opposite side of the field that stood watching the ball go by all evening. THEIR schedule will camouflage that cruel reality flawlessly.
Old 08-19-17, 09:50 PM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Similar things were said about Mason when they lost to Moeller 1-3 in the preseason last year. They ended up just fine, so will Anderson. Happy to see so much fire power in the city with Mason, Anderson, Sycamore, St. X, Lakota West and Moeller to name a few. Going to be an interesting Fall!
Old 08-20-17, 11:11 AM
All Region

Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
Mason will be fine this year because they have a really good defense with a good goalie. All Mason needs to do is score 1 goal and they win.
Old 08-20-17, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Hey fellas....the season has started! We will see who is for real and who are pretenders soon enough.
Old 08-23-17, 06:23 AM
All Region

Talent gets you there, but heart and grit takes you over the top. Don't forget Who. We. Are.

Good win for Anderson...up early and withstood St X attack to hang on to a win.
Old 08-23-17, 08:05 AM
Varsity

cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Talent gets you there, but heart and grit takes you over the top. Don't forget Who. We. Are.

X scored on a penalty kick. Handball in the box on a clear from Anderson.
Both teams played with a lot of heart for sure.
X vs St I's will be fun to watch this weekend.
Old 08-23-17, 08:16 PM
All District

Quote:

Yawn....
Old 08-25-17, 09:37 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
More vapid hype from the Little Orange School.

Takes a second to load 0524.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13628495/a...nttype=generic
Hmmmm..... Can't tell if you're trying to serve me the AHS Kool-Aid, or in agreement with my synopsis that: Just because you get the ink & the TV time doesn't mean a damn thing if your D1 schedule/Conference is consistently unremarkable.
I stand by my observations & besides, the season has started... On with the show!
-Mason has no issues with their front... except for the fact that they're also doing the work for their young mids & they suffer from a woefully intimidated back line.
-Moeller looks hungry & has a pretty decent supporting cast.
Old 08-25-17, 11:44 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer0524 View Post
Hmmmm..... Can't tell if you're trying to serve me the AHS Kool-Aid, or in agreement with my synopsis that: Just because you get the ink & the TV time doesn't mean a damn thing if your D1 schedule/Conference is consistently unremarkable.
I stand by my observations & besides, the season has started... On with the show!
-Mason has no issues with their front... except for the fact that they're also doing the work for their young mids & they suffer from a woefully intimidated back line.
-Moeller looks hungry & has a pretty decent supporting cast.
They can't control which league they play in so it's somewhat unfair to hold it against them. They've got to make good on their big games ...i.e. St X & Moeller....and so far they've done that.
Old 08-25-17, 06:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
You've seen both teams,give us your Moeller-Anderson prediction.
I think Moeller has more talent....but ya never know it is soccer and it will be close....
Old 08-25-17, 09:08 PM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think Moeller has more talent....but ya never know it is soccer and it will be close....
I haven't seen Moeller but have heard they are young, small but very technical. Anderson is older and very big and physical. Anderson probably wants a set piece battle. It's an interesting match up.
Old 08-26-17, 06:42 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
They can't control which league they play in so it's somewhat unfair to hold it against them. They've got to make good on their big games ...i.e. St X & Moeller....and so far they've done that.
Truth has been told. As I said, JPG is the one. Not the other kid. Goal against mason, assist on Anderson. Integrity matters and the paper is not the place to find the talent.

Good thing Anderson doesn't have any more games on their schedule. The Enquirer will be praising them in 2 weeks.

But we all know... The truth.
Old 08-26-17, 06:48 PM
All District

It's true that "iron sharpens iron". But Iron also cuts through wood.

But wood.... Makes paper doesn't it.
Old 08-26-17, 07:59 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOhioRiverbat View Post
I haven't seen Moeller but have heard they are young, small but very technical. Anderson is older and very big and physical. Anderson probably wants a set piece battle. It's an interesting match up.

Moeller has a leader on the field with skills, SPEED and a supporting cast that's hungry. They start a little slow, but they don't burn out. True tests will be in the meat of their GCL matches, rivalries & if their guys stay healthy. Those "small" kids aren't afraid to play physical.
AHS well... has. no. offense. They are the benefactors of set pieces, fouls, etc. They cannot move the ball. And no need to bring up the Middletown thumping. It was the perfect opener. They are football school who will finish last in the GMC. Except for Moeller, AHS has NO ONE that will test them. They aren't a physical team. Watched Mason bring in their entire B-squad at the end of a scrimmage and control the ball until 2 minutes left. As they say in the game of soccer, Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. (Full STOP)

Come late October.... your #1 team in the area will be from the GMC or GCL.
Old 08-27-17, 06:30 AM
All Region

Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
100% agree on Anderson. Jones can motivate the crap out of his team but in the end just not that good against better teams.

Moeller gained a lot of confidence with the Mason win.
Mason was out playing Moeller early in the game. I think Moeller was a little intimidated to start. Mason scored first and the celebration was just ridiculous.
Act like you've been there before....

Once Moeller tied it it became Moellers game you could see Mason just start the panic.

Still wanting to see Sycamore play but right now Moeller should be #1 in the city.
St X looked good on Saturday however, I was not impressed with St Iggy.
Old 08-27-17, 08:21 AM
All Region

Sycamore 2-2 vs Beavercreek is interesting. Two teams with a good shot at regionals.
Old 08-27-17, 08:22 AM
All Ohio

CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameday10 View Post
100% agree on Anderson. Jones can motivate the crap out of his team but in the end just not that good against better teams.

Mason was out playing Moeller early in the game. I think Moeller was a little intimidated to start. Mason scored first and the celebration was just ridiculous.

Once Moeller tied it it became Moellers game you could see Mason just start the panic.

Still wanting to see Sycamore play but right now Moeller should be #1 in the city.
Celebration was ridiculous? Act like you've been there before? It was nothing compared to the Moeller celebrations, and it was at Mason! Your skewed, snide remarks about Mason are what's ridiculous. Why don't you just positively support your team (Moeller), instead of finding it necessary to consistently denigrate the other team?
Old 08-27-17, 08:27 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIllinifan View Post
Celebration was ridiculous? Act like you've been there before? It was nothing compared to the Moeller celebrations, and it was at Mason! Your skewed, snide remarks about Mason are what's ridiculous. Why don't you just positively support your team (Moeller), instead of finding it necessary to consistently denigrate the other team?
The team gathered at the bench to celebrate in front of the Black Hole. Not exactly over the top. Lot's of games to be played with lots of teams that are pretty competitive with each other. Moeller had a very similar celebration on their goal.

Mason had quite a few chances in the last 15 minutes including a couple of good saves by the Moeller keeper and a great strike off the inside of the post that would have tied it. A game of inches.

Last edited by Happygoluckky; 08-27-17 at 08:48 AM..
Old 08-27-17, 06:47 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameday10 View Post

Sorry dude, gotta agree with the others.
It was NOT ridiculous. You serious bro??
Kid made a beauty of a free kick. Bent in, caught the right corner. Woooosh! The thing of highlight reels. It was also the home opener for Mason & their fans. GoodGahd!!! give it to them. The Moeller section of kids was loud & proud too. It was a great atmosphere! Having been a lifelong HS Football fanatic, I absolutely love seeing the crowds come out for soccer.
#Relax

Looking forward to checking out more matches. GCL will have parody. It always does! Looks like they'll be surprises in the GMC. As for the ECC, Milford is off to a fast start & there is NO way AHS is gonna live up to their manufactured hype.
Stay Tuuuuuned!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: