Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-04-17, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Until there is actually a local contender for non-DA talent. Cup floats. You act like the landscape for that type of club is large in Cinci. It isn't. You're also ignorant of the fact that I'm just the bank. The player actually chooses where to play. He knows like many of us do, that the market is in transition and nothing can be done for the players that are aged ahead of progress. And like many suggest, he sucks it up.

I'll still give honest reports when asked a direct question and I'll still know more about what's really going on than you do. You can be snappy with your hyperbole all you want, doesn't make you clever or correct.
I am sure you know more than what I do as to what is going on with that club since I am not associated with it. I never said I know more than you. I just said rather than crying about it behind a screen name (and calling out other kids by name at the same time) that you should move on. Sounds like your kid is handling this better than you.

Hopefully your son realizes his dreams if they are to play at the next level. Playing on the top team with CUP won't hurt. Make contacts with the college coaches where he'd like to play. Get in front of them. Show them what you can do. Ultimately he has to sell himself to those coaches. Don't rely on anybody else to make your opportunities for you.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-17, 10:07 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am sure you know more than what I do as to what is going on with that club since I am not associated with it. I never said I know more than you. I just said rather than crying about it behind a screen name (and calling out other kids by name at the same time) that you should move on. Sounds like your kid is handling this better than you.

Hopefully your son realizes his dreams if they are to play at the next level. Playing on the top team with CUP won't hurt. Make contacts with the college coaches where he'd like to play. Get in front of them. Show them what you can do. Ultimately he has to sell himself to those coaches. Don't rely on anybody else to make your opportunities for you.
You forgot to give me advice on standardized testing and the importance of those scores.
Old 08-04-17, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You forgot to give me advice on standardized testing and the importance of those scores.
Yes, do well in school and on the ACT or SAT. Your son will get more money from colleges that way than through soccer.
Old 08-12-17, 12:23 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Gonna pass on the obvious bait, but I do have a question about the article.

How can you write about the strength of Cincinnati HS soccer and not even mention Summit?

That's truly weird.
Old 08-12-17, 02:17 PM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gonna pass on the obvious bait, but I do have a question about the article.

How can you write about the strength of Cincinnati HS soccer and not even mention Summit?

That's truly weird.
I was thinking the same thing. Agree that Anderson, Mason and even moeller should get a preview. But where was St. X, Sycamore and Summit Country day? Regardless, glad the Enquirer is covering boys soccer.
Old 08-12-17, 06:59 PM
All American

SirStanley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy_Futbol View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Agree that Anderson, Mason and even moeller should get a preview. But where was St. X, Sycamore and Summit Country day? Regardless, glad the Enquirer is covering boys soccer.
My guess is that The Enquirer sent a questionnaire to all coaches and wrote the article (and notes) exclusively from those contributions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: