Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-23-17, 01:38 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D 185 View Post
If Iowa would wrestle 7 min instead of only 6 they might have a shot at PSU and the Buckeyes
And Bo would be a 2x champ if he wrestled for Iowa imo.
Old 03-23-17, 01:57 PM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
And Bo would be a 2x champ if he wrestled for Iowa imo.
LOL...Yeah because top Iowa seeds have won so may national championships the last few years.
Old 03-23-17, 03:48 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
LOL...Yeah because top Iowa seeds have won so may national championships the last few years.
I say with Iowa's wrestling style Bo had a better chance of winning a championship.
one of the talented wrestlers coming out of high school Bo should of had one by now. Lets not forget he Beat Issia Martinez his senior year.
Old 03-23-17, 08:16 PM
All District

jujutsuguy219 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I say with Iowa's wrestling style Bo had a better chance of winning a championship.
one of the talented wrestlers coming out of high school Bo should of had one by now. Lets not forget he Beat Issia Martinez his senior year.
He beat Kmart his Junior and Senior year. And there was no way he was beating Ringer in either of his first to years of college wrestling! Do not care who coached him, wasn't happening!
Old 03-23-17, 08:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yeah and Martinez lost to Joseph last week and Bo beat Hall at B10. The fact that he lost a match that could have gone either way does not mean Iowa would have made him a champion. Did being at Iowa lose Gilman a championship and win Clark one? The bottom line is that OSU has had its share of champions over the last several years and yes Bo has narrowly missed out. So goes wrestling.
Old 03-24-17, 08:48 AM
All American

Hard to accept that a freshman wrestling up a weight class gets 2 td to 0. and wins 5-2. an overtime loss, than you could say that it could have gone either way.
Old 03-24-17, 09:19 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hard to accept that a freshman wrestling up a weight class gets 2 td to 0. and wins 5-2. an overtime loss, than you could say that it could have gone either way.
The td at the end was irrelevant because it came after 80 secs of bo coming after a skater and blocker and being desperate and you know it.
If you really want to break it down technically (after listening to that flo podcast)
Bo should have been awarded the two and restarted from the top with that wiping out hall REVERSAL.
Not saying hall wouldn't have done anything after that but he would have been down and needed to be the aggressor and bo could have waited on him to make a mistake.
And yes brands would have gotten bo to beat ringer last yr smh!
Old 03-24-17, 10:06 AM
All Region

Blast82.5 is on a distinguished road
IMO Bo could have won at 174 last year, but that ship sailed early in the season ... it ultimately worked out for OSU's team points ... just not for Bo individually.

(I don't think he was ever going to beat Ringer. I do think that he would benefit from a more aggressive style ... and learning to scramble!)
Old 03-24-17, 10:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast82.5 View Post
IMO Bo could have won at 174 last year, but that ship sailed early in the season ... it ultimately worked out for OSU's team points ... just not for Bo individually.

(I don't think he was ever going to beat Ringer. I do think that he would benefit from a more aggressive style ... and learning to scramble!)
Completely agree but if you want to develop an aggressive scrambling style, you certainly not go to Iowa.
Old 03-24-17, 02:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
The td at the end was irrelevant because it came after 80 secs of bo coming after a skater and blocker and being desperate and you know it.
If you really want to break it down technically (after listening to that flo podcast)
Bo should have been awarded the two and restarted from the top with that wiping out hall REVERSAL.
Not saying hall wouldn't have done anything after that but he would have been down and needed to be the aggressor and bo could have waited on him to make a mistake.
And yes brands would have gotten bo to beat ringer last yr smh!
should have? I didn't think so and neither did the 2 refs and the review. so all 4 of us are wrong?
Old 03-24-17, 03:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Completely agree but if you want to develop an aggressive scrambling style, you certainly not go to Iowa.
tell that to Nato. lost because of Clarks aggressive wrestling style.
Old 03-24-17, 06:38 PM
All World

Quote:
should have? I didn't think so and neither did the 2 refs and the review. so all 4 of us are wrong?
Yes!
Old 03-24-17, 06:47 PM
All Region

kessen157
Question

Quote:
tell that to Nato. lost because of Clarks aggressive wrestling style.
Now you your just being stupid since Clark scored off Nate attack and not sure he took a shot the entire match
Old 03-24-17, 08:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessen157 View Post
Now you your just being stupid since Clark scored off Nate attack and not sure he took a shot the entire match
Stupid is is stupid does
Old 03-24-17, 08:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Where are 4?
You moe and Curley?
I think moe and Curley were also the review.
See my last post!
Old 03-24-17, 08:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Nato was winning 4-1 with 28 sec. in the match. i'm stupid so please explain how he lost with 28 sec to go.
Old 03-24-17, 08:23 PM
All Region

kessen157
Quote:
Nato was winning 4-1 with 28 sec. in the match. i'm stupid so please explain how he lost with 28 sec to go.

Stupid might be strong but your wrong because he wasn't winning 4-1 with .28 seconds. Clark escaped in the 3rd making it 3-2 Nate and then Clark scored off Nate's shot at 1.15 left in the 3rd to take a 4-3 lead. Nate gets out and then Clark does take a shot and Nate counters but Clark scores off the merkel again and adds riding time to win 7-4.
Old 03-25-17, 07:41 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
What in the world were you watching. My gosh.
Old 03-25-17, 09:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Stupid might be strong but your wrong because he wasn't winning 4-1 with .28 seconds. Clark escaped in the 3rd making it 3-2 Nate and then Clark scored off Nate's shot at 1.15 left in the 3rd to take a 4-3 lead. Nate gets out and then Clark does take a shot and Nate counters but Clark scores off the merkel again and adds riding time to win 7-4.
Never let facts get in the way of your narrative...Eliwes has been bashing TR and his program for yrs now! Kind of sounds like the MSM. SMH