Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-08-18, 01:58 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh pretty much spot on.Hiltbrand and Brown have unlimited potential on defense. Weaver is probably the best guard in the league and I believe Mccall will be one of the best tight ends in the league. The keys to this team are OT,ILB, kicking game, and the secondary. We will find out soon enough as Monroe and Franklin have really good QBs, especially the kid from Franklin.
I think Clemmons should study the statistics of that coach out west that swears by always going for it on fourth down and always going for two. He insists its statistically sound.

Might be the best option this year if he can't recruit a soccer player, lol.
Old 06-08-18, 02:00 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
I think Clemmons should study the statistics of that coach out west that swears by always going for it on fourth down and always going for two. He insists its statistically sound.

Might be the best option this year if he can't recruit a soccer player, lol.
Uh recruit a kicker? Oh I forgot Edgewood doesn't recruit players.
Old 06-08-18, 05:29 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Any way you look at it Edgewood should be better this year. Critical position players are seniors with a year of varsity time under their belts. QB, FB, RB, LG, RG, TE, OLB's etc...

I think their season comes down to staying healthy and figuring out who the ILB's will be along with the OT's. They aren't short of choices just depends on who rises to the position and how the coach's incorporate that specific skill set to the scheme.

Hiltibrand, who has always been the best all out football player in this class, is huge now and getting stronger everyday. He can be used in a lot of ways. Evan Brown, same story and the D-1 recruiting of these two speaks for itself. Logan Loftus who came in for an injured Nick Noble last year and demonstrated not only no drop off but I think an improvement at the position. Brady Richmond at safety or corner at 6'3" and fast has to be dealt with. Williams is pushing about 220 and brings a load at FB, much more than last year. Wade Phillips ran for 1300 plus last year, faster and stronger now for sure, legit low 4 second 40 speed. And good luck on trap and sweep with 6'2" 240 LG Andy Weaver bringing the load down on you with Phillips and Williams right behind. Cap that with second year starter Corbin Craft at QB who has been this classes field general since the second grade.
I look for some sleepers to make large contributions. Kory McCall, another 6'3, 6'4 TE/LB, Caden Nance, a very fast center and DL, and Isaac Hamilton, a strong and athletic OL/DL and returning starter.

Yeah, I think they'll be ok.

Teams looking to unseat the conference champs have their work cut out for them and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm also curious to see how Franklin and Badin contend with this group.

You win with your seniors as they say, and Coach Clemmons is certainly blessed with this group this year. Hopefully they can make some noise in the region too.
Uh Edgewood barring injuries, should be very good this season, but once again the 2 D2 all-star teams, Lasalle and Winton Woods will be the top 2 teams in the region.
Old 06-08-18, 07:11 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
What about the Edgewood o-line. Who do they have coming back. Also, is Harrison's QB back?
Uh as in every football season barring injuries a threepeat for the Edgewood Cougars is very possible
Old 06-15-18, 04:43 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Harrison O-Line will be the big ?. They're placing 3 Srs i believe. The replacements have good size and strength but have limited varsity experience. They have the potential to be good but may take some time.
Uh I have always found it to be funny how everybody thinks big is good in football.Uh speed, strength,and football smarts are way more important than size.
Old 06-17-18, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Emullet1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh I have always found it to be funny how everybody thinks big is good in football.Uh speed, strength,and football smarts are way more important than size.
That line of thinking helps when people truly don't understand the wing-t. On the other hand it hurts when the coaching staff forgets who we are and what wr do.
Old 06-18-18, 04:58 PM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh as in every football season barring injuries a threepeat for the Edgewood Cougars is very possible
I think going into the season they are the odds-on favorite and heavy favorite at that. Per talk in Trenton this should be one, or at least has the potential to be one of the better teams that have had in a while which is saying a lot.

Hoping my Rams can take a step forward but not sure the foundation has had enough time to dry to truly challenge for a crown. Hell, they run the triple options and the moms are still yelling for a pass on 3rd and short. Still working on educating parents at this point.

I am also curious to see what happens with this league in the next few years. 3 of the districts are significantly larger than the rest and I would expect to see some movement.
Old 06-18-18, 05:09 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emullet1 View Post
That line of thinking helps when people truly don't understand the wing-t. On the other hand it hurts when the coaching staff forgets who we are and what wr do.
Uh I think this staff knows who we are and what we do. Uh this team could be really good, depends on the games with Franklin, Winton Woods, and Harrison.
Old 06-18-18, 05:13 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post
I think going into the season they are the odds-on favorite and heavy favorite at that. Per talk in Trenton this should be one, or at least has the potential to be one of the better teams that have had in a while which is saying a lot.

Hoping my Rams can take a step forward but not sure the foundation has had enough time to dry to truly challenge for a crown. Hell, they run the triple options and the moms are still yelling for a pass on 3rd and short. Still working on educating parents at this point.

I am also curious to see what happens with this league in the next few years. 3 of the districts are significantly larger than the rest and I would expect to see some movement.
Uh I really hope Ross, Talawanda, and Edgewood will go to the SWBL large school division. Probably wo9nt happen because it makes to much sense.
Old 06-22-18, 04:23 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
1. Edgewood
2. Harrison
3. Mt. Healthy
4. Little Miami
5. Northwest
6. Ross
7. Talawanda
Uh, nah Talawandas junior class is loaded. Uh I think they might be # 2 or #3 in the league.
Old 06-25-18, 01:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Uh, nah Talawandas junior class is loaded. Uh I think they might be # 2 or #3 in the league.
Yeah, rumor in the corn is their best running back, who didn't play last year, is coming back for his senior year. Could be interesting.
Old 06-26-18, 06:14 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Yeah, rumor in the corn is their best running back, who didn't play last year, is coming back for his senior year. Could be interesting.
Uh yup I think Talawanda will be the second best team in the league this season.Non-league games are winnable and Talawanda has Edgewood and Harrison at home. At Healthy will be a stretch but stranger things have happened.Junior class is loaded.
Old 06-27-18, 08:56 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Talawanda still has a LOOOOONG way to go before we start declaring them #2 in this conference. Since the formation of the SWOC its really been a 2 school domination: #1 Mt Healthy #2 Edgewood...followed closely by Harrison. I imagine this year will be similar. Talawanda might improve by a couple wins but doubt very seriously they contend near the top.
Old 06-27-18, 09:59 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
Talawanda still has a LOOOOONG way to go before we start declaring them #2 in this conference. Since the formation of the SWOC its really been a 2 school domination: #1 Mt Healthy #2 Edgewood...followed closely by Harrison. I imagine this year will be similar. Talawanda might improve by a couple wins but doubt very seriously they contend near the top.
Uh Talawanda has 15 starters back including their QB who will be a junior and was all-league last season. Counting the QB Talawanda has 4 all-league players returning.
Old 07-03-18, 01:51 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh Talawanda has 15 starters back including their QB who will be a junior and was all-league last season. Counting the QB Talawanda has 4 all-league players returning.
15 starters from a bad team doesn't make you good. No way they'll compete with Edgewood or Harrison. They may knock of a Ross or NW team and give healthy a game but they will not be in the top 2.
Old 07-03-18, 01:53 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Why is Mt Healthy on the decline?
Old 07-03-18, 04:49 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
15 starters from a bad team doesn't make you good. No way they'll compete with Edgewood or Harrison. They may knock of a Ross or NW team and give healthy a game but they will not be in the top 2.
Uh, I guess we will see. Uh when you play 10 sophomores, you are probably gonna have a long season, but look out the next 2 years. Uh, Healthy and Talawanda have the most returning starters back in the SWOC and will probably be the most improved teams in the league.
Old 07-05-18, 07:52 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Why is Mt Healthy on the decline?
The truth is MH is a public school. MOST publics (unless your name is Colerain or Clinton-Massie, etc) go through a tough year or two when talent dries up.

MH also lost a number of good coaches over the past couple seasons who are HC's in other programs now so that didn't help when your working with younger players. I look for the Owls to get back to their winning ways maybe as soon as this year. They have D1 talent on their defense in Phelps and Howard (both holding D1 offers). The question will be how their offense comes around. I see them near the top of the conference again this year.
Old 07-05-18, 08:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
The truth is MH is a public school. MOST publics (unless your name is Colerain or Clinton-Massie, etc) go through a tough year or two when talent dries up.

MH also lost a number of good coaches over the past couple seasons who are HC's in other programs now so that didn't help when your working with younger players. I look for the Owls to get back to their winning ways maybe as soon as this year. They have D1 talent on their defense in Phelps and Howard (both holding D1 offers). The question will be how their offense comes around. I see them near the top of the conference again this year.
Watched MH last year and they looked horrible. Coaching and players not on the same page and talent was down. They have a ways to go but a couple down years could torpedo the program.
Old 07-05-18, 05:14 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Watched MH last year and they looked horrible. Coaching and players not on the same page and talent was down. They have a ways to go but a couple down years could torpedo the program.
Uh you think losing your QB who is one of the best players in the league might have something to do with it? Uh look out for Healthy this season.
Old 07-06-18, 01:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Uh you think losing your QB who is one of the best players in the league might have something to do with it? Uh look out for Healthy this season.
FYI they needed more than a QB last year. Defensively it was a train wreck, offensively they had no line whatsoever. Harrison, could score at will in the air or on the ground. Harrison's second string played middle of third and MH was still over-matched. Also, MH couldn't punt, snap, or kick which made it even worse. Furthermore, coaching staff was struggling to figure it out even in warmups. They may improve with a couple players but they need a lot of work to be the MH of the past.
Old 07-06-18, 01:40 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
FYI they needed more than a QB last year. Defensively it was a train wreck, offensively they had no line whatsoever. Harrison, could score at will in the air or on the ground. Harrison's second string played middle of third and MH was still over-matched. Also, MH couldn't punt, snap, or kick which made it even worse. Furthermore, coaching staff was struggling to figure it out even in warmups. They may improve with a couple players but they need a lot of work to be the MH of the past.
Uh, did not say Healthy would be the Healthy of old. Did say they will be a much improved team this season. 6 all-league players returning not counting the QB who blew out his knee last season.Among those 6 are 2 D1 kids,one who is committed to the Miami Redhawks.Dont sleep on Mount Healthy.
Old 07-19-18, 03:09 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Preseason poll

SWOC football: Edgewood favored to make it three straight titles

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...hptQ3trlcGJ8H/
Old 07-19-18, 06:40 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
SWOC football: Edgewood favored to make it three straight titles

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...hptQ3trlcGJ8H/
Sounds like they have a good shot with the returning running game if they can plug the O line holes and throw together a defense. I still think Harrison will give them all they can handle and should be a great game.
Old 07-20-18, 07:01 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Sounds like they have a good shot with the returning running game if they can plug the O line holes and throw together a defense. I still think Harrison will give them all they can handle and should be a great game.
They return three starters on the line. 6-2/240 LG, 6-1/220 RG, 6-3 /215 TE. The choices they have at center are all better than last years. The tackles being looked at are heavy dudes 270, 290, 300. One underclassman in the mix but they have all played line in this system since they were 9.

They have at least six d-linemen to choose from to get their three starters. I see a good rotation here and the coaches need to get comfortable with some two way players. Three of the six have varsity experience. The linebackers are huge with the outsides being legit D1 prospects. Both at 6-4 and 225, athletic and can run. DB's are solid and experienced. I don't see any fall off from last year.

Last season they had a good team, not taking anything away from them. This year's team is just better, I would say everywhere except kicking. Next year looking about the same from what I've seen.

Not kidding, I don't remember ever seeing an Edgewood team this big, strong and fast. Mr. Clemmons is blessed.

Barring injuries......good luck SWOC.
Old 07-20-18, 01:45 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
They return three starters on the line. 6-2/240 LG, 6-1/220 RG, 6-3 /215 TE. The choices they have at center are all better than last years. The tackles being looked at are heavy dudes 270, 290, 300. One underclassman in the mix but they have all played line in this system since they were 9.

They have at least six d-linemen to choose from to get their three starters. I see a good rotation here and the coaches need to get comfortable with some two way players. Three of the six have varsity experience. The linebackers are huge with the outsides being legit D1 prospects. Both at 6-4 and 225, athletic and can run. DB's are solid and experienced. I don't see any fall off from last year.

Last season they had a good team, not taking anything away from them. This year's team is just better, I would say everywhere except kicking. Next year looking about the same from what I've seen.

Not kidding, I don't remember ever seeing an Edgewood team this big, strong and fast. Mr. Clemmons is blessed.

Barring injuries......good luck SWOC.
Uh, easy there trapper.Uh I agree this team has the potential to be very good, but games at Winton Woods and Harrison and Franklin at home will be challenging to say the least.Uh kicking game will be worse than last season and there are no kids on the roster with ILB varsity experience.Just because a kid weighs a lot doesn't make him a player. There is no DB on the roster anywhere near as skilled as last years safety and returnman.Yes this team could be outstanding but 7-3 is also a possibility.
Old 07-20-18, 06:19 PM
All Ohio

Easy Hose man..., allow me to indulge in my extreme bias for this team for just one year will ya?

The secondary actually looks pretty solid so far. Also looks like the potential safety/ returner could be an upgrade. Just needs some work at the position but for sure a stronger and faster upgrade.

Iíll feel better after the Franklin game. As for Winton Woods, if you want to be a big time D II team around here you need to play up to that competition. Should be good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-18, 06:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Easy Hose man..., allow me to indulge in my extreme bias for this team for just one year will ya?

The secondary actually looks pretty solid so far. Also looks like the potential safety/ returner could be an upgrade. Just needs some work at the position but for sure a stronger and faster upgrade.

Iíll feel better after the Franklin game. As for Winton Woods, if you want to be a big time D II team around here you need to play up to that competition. Should be good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh I have no idea the safety/returner you are talking about. Uh the secondary is very inexperienced at the varsity level. Uh don't get me wrong, I hope our kids come on strong and roll the league. Uh the 2 OLBS are outstanding players and both will probably go D1. Uh OTS and ILBS are the areas of concern. Hoping for the best.
Old 08-10-18, 12:27 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood Cougars

Season Preview: Edgewood Cougars

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...no3AHf03W9Y3J/
Old 08-10-18, 01:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
If Edgewood wants to get back into the playoffs they need to schedule some winable out of conference harbin cows, WW was not a good scheduling choice...