Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-05-17, 09:09 PM
Junior Varsity

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mogadore Wildcats

Can someone please tell me what they put in the water in this small town. Year after year they have a great successful program. I'm so impressed with the quality of the kids in this town. The thing that has impressed me with the program is the no quit attitude. My favorite all time Mogadore game was the State Championship come back game that they won.

Question of the day how many D 1 schools could they beat?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-17, 09:29 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Old 07-05-17, 10:47 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I'll give mogadore the edge over John Marshall
Old 07-05-17, 11:03 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
John Marshall still d 1? Nuts
Old 07-05-17, 11:20 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I'll give mogadore the edge over John Marshall
I'd imagine they'd also beat Cincinnati Western Hills, who only beat a 2-8 D7 school 12-0 in their only win of the year.
Old 07-06-17, 05:55 AM
Summer Hiatus

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
http://yappi.net/docuwiki/doku.php?id=mogadore_mogadore
Old 07-08-17, 10:39 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Cuyahoga Falls
Old 07-09-17, 09:54 AM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Being completely honest the topic off how many Division 1 teams could the beat is flawed at best. It is impossible to answer. It would change year to year. Some years they may not be able to beat any depending on how strong the bottom of Division 1 was on that year. I would imagine that in Mogadore's best years they could probably beat 5-10 Division 1 teams in the current format with only 70+ teams in D1. In the old format when there was about 120 teams the bottom of D1 was much weaker and Mogadore could have potentially beat about 15-20 teams in their best years.
Old 07-09-17, 10:02 AM
All American

For arguments sake, According to the Calpreps power rankings Mogadore on a neutral field would have beat the bottom 20 teams in Division 1 last year. I doubt they would have actually beat that many, but you could make the argument that may have beat half that many. So 5-10 wins would be a possibility on some years.
Old 07-09-17, 08:40 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
I'm a side note how will the Cats look this year? They lost some talent, and looks like believe it or not Rootstown will probably be the favorite to win the county division. Especially after last year's upset at MOGADORE. Those Rootstown players are now juniors plus they get their stud running back returning from torn acl. Could be an interesting year but GO WILDCATS! !!!
Old 07-09-17, 09:15 PM
All District

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Having seen them play a few times, they definitely could beat some bigger teams like Cuyahoga Falls.
Old 07-10-17, 05:55 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
I'm a side note how will the Cats look this year? They lost some talent, and looks like believe it or not Rootstown will probably be the favorite to win the county division. Especially after last year's upset at MOGADORE. Those Rootstown players are now juniors plus they get their stud running back returning from torn acl. Could be an interesting year but GO WILDCATS! !!!
Somehow I don't think Rootstown is going to sneak up on Mogadore this year. Last year was a huge upset. I think this year will be a very good game with Mogadore winning by 7-10 points. Their will be plenty of motivation for the Cats. It is very rare that a conference opponent beats Mogadore 2 years in a row.
Old 07-10-17, 06:10 AM
All American

That being said, Mogadore is lucky they have Rootstown in week 10. The offense may struggle a little bit early in the season with a number of new players. The defense should be solid and will have to carry the team until the offense finds its rhythm. The games against Geneva and Elyria Catholic will be interesting early in the season.
Old 07-10-17, 08:04 AM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Mogadore is just good....it's systemic. Even when they are 'down' they are still good by everyone else's standards
Old 07-10-17, 03:42 PM
All District

Footballfever123 is on a distinguished road
Mogadore will beat Rootstown this year. Rootstown will be 6-4 and lose to Conneaut, Moggy, Garfield, and somebody unexpected

Last edited by Footballfever123; 07-10-17 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 07-10-17, 06:50 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Sorry, Rootstown has been waiting for this class. As sophomores they upset MOGADORE at Wildcat stadium. Not done very often. This year they are a year older and in addition get their senior running back returning who didn't even play last year because of torn ACL. I'm a Wildcat fan but watch out for these Rovers. Crestwood will have nothing probably really low numbers. Garfield and Southeast and probably Valley will all finish ahead of the Red Devils. ..we will see. Go Cats!!!!
Old 07-11-17, 05:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Wildcat24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post
Somehow I don't think Rootstown is going to sneak up on Mogadore this year. Last year was a huge upset. I think this year will be a very good game with Mogadore winning by 7-10 points. Their will be plenty of motivation for the Cats. It is very rare that a conference opponent beats Mogadore 2 years in a row.
4 times since the first playoff appearance in 1979:

Southeast 81-82
Field 89-90
Garfield 93-94
Garfield 04-06
Old 07-11-17, 11:33 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat24 View Post
4 times since the first playoff appearance in 1979:

Southeast 81-82
Field 89-90
Garfield 93-94
Garfield 04-06
I knew it was rare, but not that rare. That's pretty telling. Thanks for reinforcing my point. Nobody not named Garfield has done it since 1990, and only three different conference opponents since 1979. Rootstown will look to be the fourth.
Old 07-11-17, 11:40 AM
All American

Wildcat24, here is the new question.

What is Mogadore's all-time conference winning percentage in the PCL and PTC-county. And are there any high school teams in the state with a better conference winning percentage? The only teams I can think of off the top of my head in northeast Ohio would be Cleveland Glenville, Akron Manchester, or possible Buchtel that may have better.
Old 07-11-17, 10:55 PM
Junior Varsity

Wildcat24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post
Wildcat24, here is the new question.

What is Mogadore's all-time conference winning percentage in the PCL and PTC-county. And are there any high school teams in the state with a better conference winning percentage? The only teams I can think of off the top of my head in northeast Ohio would be Cleveland Glenville, Akron Manchester, or possible Buchtel that may have better.

Not getting into the weeds too much, the PCL/PTC win percentage is .778 (296-82-2).

Overall winning percentage since 1950 (what I consider the "modern era") is .748 (544-175-8).

I didn't exclude playoff games or mess around with getting the years correct for each team...for example, some of the meetings with East Canton came before they were in the league, or games with Crestwood when they were in the Metro, etc.
Old 07-13-17, 12:39 AM
All District

Footballfever123 is on a distinguished road
I know Mogadore is always good but who do they have coming back? Who is the QB? Rbs?
Old 07-13-17, 11:33 AM
All Region

fireflyer is on a distinguished road
With Mogadore, Coldwater, Marion Local, Mechanicburg, and a huge host of other super-strong juggernauts, DVI may be the most exciting division to watch this year, hands down. No boredom here! Gonna be a great year...can't wait. Good luck and low injuries to all.
Old 07-13-17, 12:13 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
As to answer the original of how the are always so consistently good, I think the answer is tradition. That community loves its Cats. The kids grow up idolizing the team, there every Friday night most often with deep playoff runs and dreaming of their time to shine.
Old 07-14-17, 05:57 AM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
Mogadore is loaded this year! They will roll in the regular season. One loss in non conference at worst. Undefeated in PTC for sure. If they can stay healthy up front in the trenches they can make a deep playoff run until they run into the Mighty MAC then it's lights out once again.
Old 07-14-17, 03:09 PM
Freshman

FiredUp1 is on a distinguished road
Mogadore gets beat by Fort Recovery and all of sudden all you hear about now is the MAC. I never heard of the teams in the MAC until that game. I'm not really impressed by the MAC league....sorry. Mogadore continues to be solid because they have a coaching staff full of traditionalist. The kids are taught at a young age to work for a long term goal together. Never underestimate the thought process of a small group of committed kids. They have been known to win state championships. The only "LIGHTS' OUT" I'm seeing are the homeowners houses in Mogadore during football season when the whole town is at Wildcat Stadium.
Old 07-14-17, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

Scipio
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredUp1 View Post
Mogadore gets beat by Fort Recovery and all of sudden all you hear about now is the MAC. I never heard of the teams in the MAC until that game. I'm not really impressed by the MAC league....sorry. Mogadore continues to be solid because they have a coaching staff full of traditionalist. The kids are taught at a young age to work for a long term goal together. Never underestimate the thought process of a small group of committed kids. They have been known to win state championships. The only "LIGHTS' OUT" I'm seeing are the homeowners houses in Mogadore during football season when the whole town is at Wildcat Stadium.
If you're not impressed with the MAC then you're not paying attention.
Old 07-14-17, 03:52 PM
All District

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mogadore gets beat by Fort Recovery and all of sudden all you hear about now is the MAC. I never heard of the teams in the MAC until that game. I'm not really impressed by the MAC league....sorry.

So true, pretty much a bunch of Johnny come lately blow hards. Mogadore should put any MAC team unfortunate enough to get in the way in their place come playoff time.
Old 07-14-17, 06:54 PM
All American

Quote:
I am going to give you some advice because I'm pretty sure you are young and I know you are new to Yappi. The MAC deserves to be respected. Their great success speaks for itself. You shouldn't fear any opponent, but you should respect them. Many teams in that league have won championships over multiple decades. Please do your research, before posting. This is from a Mogadore grad and fellow fan. Other than that, welcome to Yappi.
Old 07-14-17, 08:31 PM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
Moggy always has a key player or two out with an injury by the time playoffs roll around. Can't match up with the depth in the MAC.
Old 07-14-17, 08:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeUrban View Post
Moggy always has a key player or two out with an injury by the time playoffs roll around. Can't match up with the depth in the MAC.
Truth, the overall depth is a huge advantage. The good MAC teams always seem to have 10-12 backups who could start on most small school teams.