Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-17, 10:48 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood-Madison 2017

How will Ravieon Hargrove end his historic career at Trotwood-Madison? Does he have to deliver a state Championship to Ramnation to be considered the best ever? (I already think he is #1). How does the transfer of Caleb (Wildcat) Johnson impact Stevens Peppers and the passing game? And is the Trotwood-Madison defense going to be up to state championship level? Pick Central, Wayne, and Troy are all on the schedule. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-03-17, 12:44 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 843
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
How will Ravieon Hargrove end his historic career at Trotwood-Madison? Does he have to deliver a state Championship to Ramnation to be considered the best ever? (I already think he is #1). How does the transfer of Caleb (Wildcat) Johnson impact Stevens Peppers and the passing game? And is the Trotwood-Madison defense going to be up to state championship level? Pick Central, Wayne, and Troy are all on the schedule. What are your thoughts?
The linebacker they return is a stud. It seems like they lost a good amount on defense but they always reload.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-17, 02:21 PM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
The linebacker they return is a stud. It seems like they lost a good amount on defense but they always reload.
Yes they did lose a lot on Defense I think it is one of the biggest questions. For the first time in about 7 years the offensive line is massive. But being able to defend I think is still the biggest question mark going into the season.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-17, 02:29 PM
High School84 High School84 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-14-14
Posts: 186
High School84 is on a distinguished road
Is Pick Central a scrimmage because it doesn't show them playing you guys?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-17, 04:00 PM
Picktowncentral Picktowncentral is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 185
Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by High School84 View Post
Is Pick Central a scrimmage because it doesn't show them playing you guys?
Central is hosting Trotwood in week 3. Tigers had a Canadian team drop out recently.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-17, 08:02 AM
INDIANS_RULE INDIANS_RULE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-07-01
Location: Piqua
Posts: 6,584
INDIANS_RULE
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Unfortunately like most upcoming years, how Trotwood does in the non-league games will determine if they even get into the playoffs or not because they will get absolutely zero help from the GWOC South and I think it will put getting a home game for week 11 very much in doubt most years.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-17, 10:21 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Gwoc south

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Unfortunately like most upcoming years, how Trotwood does in the non-league games will determine if they even get into the playoffs or not because they will get absolutely zero help from the GWOC South and I think it will put getting a home game for week 11 very much in doubt most years.
Yes they have to get to 9-1. 8-2 and they are likely out. So you have to get either Pick Central or Wayne. That is how the GWOC wanted it though. I am glad to see that they are being forced to play some higher level games. Pick Central and Wayne battled it out for the Region 3 title a season ago. And Hargrove gashed Central as a Soph. for 226 yards and 2 scores. Should be a real challenge. Troy has had Trotwood's number of late and Piqua is going to be a tough proposition as well. And Trotwood has never played at Tipp before, that will be a very interesting match up early in the season. How will the Indians be this year?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-17, 10:21 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Central is hosting Trotwood in week 3. Tigers had a Canadian team drop out recently.
Will be a tough out for the Rams. Looking forward to seeing how Trotwood matches up with them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-17, 07:03 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Summer Hiatus
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 19,205
EagleFan will become famous soon enough
http://yappi.net/docuwiki/doku.php?i...dison_trotwood
Lots of missing data
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-06-17, 12:24 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 843
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Yes they have to get to 9-1. 8-2 and they are likely out. So you have to get either Pick Central or Wayne. That is how the GWOC wanted it though. I am glad to see that they are being forced to play some higher level games. Pick Central and Wayne battled it out for the Region 3 title a season ago. And Hargrove gashed Central as a Soph. for 226 yards and 2 scores. Should be a real challenge. Troy has had Trotwood's number of late and Piqua is going to be a tough proposition as well. And Trotwood has never played at Tipp before, that will be a very interesting match up early in the season. How will the Indians be this year?
Trotwood is no doubt the favorite, but the kids from Tipp are hungry to beat Trotwood. And Tipp does not lose at home often. Only losing at home 3 times in the last 5 years.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-06-17, 12:29 PM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Trotwood is no doubt the favorite, but the kids from Tipp are hungry to beat Trotwood. And Tipp does not lose at home often. Only losing at home 3 times in the last 5 years.
Has to stop Hargrove for going for 250 plus. That is a tall order.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-06-17, 12:48 PM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
How do you update it?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-06-17, 03:30 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,039
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Unfortunately like most upcoming years, how Trotwood does in the non-league games will determine if they even get into the playoffs or not because they will get absolutely zero help from the GWOC South and I think it will put getting a home game for week 11 very much in doubt most years.
Uh Pick Central and Wayne, that is a huge non-league schedule. Don't know if 8-2 will get them in.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-17, 08:36 AM
INDIANS_RULE INDIANS_RULE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-07-01
Location: Piqua
Posts: 6,584
INDIANS_RULE
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Yes they have to get to 9-1. 8-2 and they are likely out. So you have to get either Pick Central or Wayne. That is how the GWOC wanted it though. I am glad to see that they are being forced to play some higher level games. Pick Central and Wayne battled it out for the Region 3 title a season ago. And Hargrove gashed Central as a Soph. for 226 yards and 2 scores. Should be a real challenge. Troy has had Trotwood's number of late and Piqua is going to be a tough proposition as well. And Trotwood has never played at Tipp before, that will be a very interesting match up early in the season. How will the Indians be this year?

Yes, I think the powers that be at GWOC had it in for Trotwood. Perhaps it's punishment for past "issues" that maybe they didn't feel was dealt with by the state properly. I for one think if that is the case that is high grade BS because the kids on this team had nothing in that. Perhaps it's because they just got that good and nobody else wanted them in their conference. I don't know the reason, but it's shady and complete BS.

As for how Piqua will be.... I have no clue. I have failed miserably this off season in keeping up to date on anything. As it stands right now, I won't even be at the week 1 game because I won't be in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-17, 08:39 AM
INDIANS_RULE INDIANS_RULE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-07-01
Location: Piqua
Posts: 6,584
INDIANS_RULE
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Pick Central and Wayne, that is a huge non-league schedule. Don't know if 8-2 will get them in.
yes, that was my point... The GWOC has dealt them a hand full of jokers. You need your fellow conference foes to man up and win some non-league games and they won't be getting that luxury from the GWOC South.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-07-17, 09:19 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
The saving Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Yes, I think the powers that be at GWOC had it in for Trotwood. Perhaps it's punishment for past "issues" that maybe they didn't feel was dealt with by the state properly. I for one think if that is the case that is high grade BS because the kids on this team had nothing in that. Perhaps it's because they just got that good and nobody else wanted them in their conference. I don't know the reason, but it's shady and complete BS.

As for how Piqua will be.... I have no clue. I have failed miserably this off season in keeping up to date on anything. As it stands right now, I won't even be at the week 1 game because I won't be in Ohio.
Is that they do have Division II opponents in the division. So if those teams can get to three or four wins it helps with second level points. Bottom line is Trotwood has to win one of these high profile match ups with these Division I schools. They have the firepower to do it and the size. They just have to go and get it done on a consistent basis if they want the playoff runs to continue. Is it BS the way they have been shuffled? Absolutely. But you have to go out and challenge yourself and now they don't have a choice but to do that. I think it is going to make the program stronger in the end.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-07-17, 11:43 AM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 187
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Yes they did lose a lot on Defense I think it is one of the biggest questions. For the first time in about 7 years the offensive line is massive. But being able to defend I think is still the biggest question mark going into the season.
I think there defense will be ok, with Jeff hiring the old Miamisburg DC to be his DC and what he did at Miamisburg speaks for its self and he has more athletes now. This will be a fun unit to watch!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-08-17, 02:46 PM
INDIANS_RULE INDIANS_RULE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-07-01
Location: Piqua
Posts: 6,584
INDIANS_RULE
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Is that they do have Division II opponents in the division. So if those teams can get to three or four wins it helps with second level points. Bottom line is Trotwood has to win one of these high profile match ups with these Division I schools. They have the firepower to do it and the size. They just have to go and get it done on a consistent basis if they want the playoff runs to continue. Is it BS the way they have been shuffled? Absolutely. But you have to go out and challenge yourself and now they don't have a choice but to do that. I think it is going to make the program stronger in the end.

Yep, complaining about it at this point doesn't accomplish anything. Just go out and use it as motivation....except week 2...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-09-17, 08:17 PM
buckeye1689 buckeye1689 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-22-16
Location: Huber Heights
Posts: 263
buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
I see T-M going 8-2 with loses vs. Pick Central and Wayne. They are a favorite in D3 and definitely a favorite to head to State IMO
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-10-17, 02:29 PM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
I see T-M going 8-2 with loses vs. Pick Central and Wayne. They are a favorite in D3 and definitely a favorite to head to State IMO
Could very well leave the Rams at home. I believe that they have to get one of the two big school heavy point games.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-10-17, 02:33 PM
John336 John336 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-23-04
Posts: 990
John336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
I think there defense will be ok, with Jeff hiring the old Miamisburg DC to be his DC and what he did at Miamisburg speaks for its self and he has more athletes now. This will be a fun unit to watch!!!
What happened to the old DC? Big guy with the Italian name. Graham has hired a 2 coaches from Belmont, Wortham from Meadowdale, and Black from Miamisburg. I didnt realize they had such a high turnover from last year.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-10-17, 03:49 PM
GOBURG GOBURG is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-23-15
Posts: 104
GOBURG is on a distinguished road
coach black

he is a great addition for the D....he will make an impact on the field and is a great role model for the students
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-10-17, 09:34 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 187
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John336 View Post
What happened to the old DC? Big guy with the Italian name. Graham has hired a 2 coaches from Belmont, Wortham from Meadowdale, and Black from Miamisburg. I didnt realize they had such a high turnover from last year.
From what I hear he is still there, and also heard they was under staffed last year and look what they done....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-10-17, 09:35 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 187
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBURG View Post
he is a great addition for the D....he will make an impact on the field and is a great role model for the students
Yes he is...I'm a believer just by seeing what he did with Miamisburg def
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-10-17, 09:37 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 187
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
I see T-M going 8-2 with loses vs. Pick Central and Wayne. They are a favorite in D3 and definitely a favorite to head to State IMO
Both them schools graduated a lot, so I wouldn't give them that win so soon
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-11-17, 09:58 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
From what I hear he is still there, and also heard they was under staffed last year and look what they done....
Is historically understaffed because of budgetary concerns so Graham adding good staff is a great thing. They will be good this year as always but to be great they have to beat Wayne. Pick Central sure. But Wayne is the bar. The only time Trotwood-Madison has won the State Championship they is also the only season that they defeated Huber Heights Wayne in football. Some may consider that as a non starter and have no correlation but I believe they are synonymous with one another.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-12-17, 12:41 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,675
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Is historically understaffed because of budgetary concerns so Graham adding good staff is a great thing. They will be good this year as always but to be great they have to beat Wayne. Pick Central sure. But Wayne is the bar. The only time Trotwood-Madison has won the State Championship they is also the only season that they defeated Huber Heights Wayne in football. Some may consider that as a non starter and have no correlation but I believe they are synonymous with one another.
That was also the worst Wayne team in the last 15 years.

Wayne being the bar is understandable but Trotwood beating Wayne doesn't = state championships.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-12-17, 11:14 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
No it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
That was also the worst Wayne team in the last 15 years.

Wayne being the bar is understandable but Trotwood beating Wayne doesn't = state championships.
But Trotwood-Madison is 0-4 in State Championship games following a loss to Wayne during the season in the runs to the title game. The only time they ever won the Title they beat Wayne. Doesn't matter if they were the worst Wayne team in 15 years. It could be nothing more than a good or bad oman. But I would think that Wayne would be much better than any opponent in Division 3 this coming season.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-12-17, 05:27 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: Wayne 45 Centerville 8
Posts: 34,274
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I love the Wayne/Trotwood games but just hate when it takes place in week 10.

Best of luck to the RAMS on their upcoming 14-1 state champion season and breaking the omen...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-12-17, 07:18 PM
Picktowncentral Picktowncentral is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 185
Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I love the Wayne/Trotwood games but just hate when it takes place in week 10.

Best of luck to the RAMS on their upcoming 14-1 state champion season and breaking the omen...
Wayne is forfeiting already?! 😂
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 55 07-22-17 07:38 AM
2017 Division IV Schedules EagleFan Football 28 07-08-17 12:07 AM
2017 MHSBCA (Michigan!) Awards - 06/20/17 seclmw Baseball 0 06-20-17 06:57 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Football 18 06-06-17 07:12 PM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Football 31 06-06-17 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz