Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-03-17, 10:48 AM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood-Madison 2017

How will Ravieon Hargrove end his historic career at Trotwood-Madison? Does he have to deliver a state Championship to Ramnation to be considered the best ever? (I already think he is #1). How does the transfer of Caleb (Wildcat) Johnson impact Stevens Peppers and the passing game? And is the Trotwood-Madison defense going to be up to state championship level? Pick Central, Wayne, and Troy are all on the schedule. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-17, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
How will Ravieon Hargrove end his historic career at Trotwood-Madison? Does he have to deliver a state Championship to Ramnation to be considered the best ever? (I already think he is #1). How does the transfer of Caleb (Wildcat) Johnson impact Stevens Peppers and the passing game? And is the Trotwood-Madison defense going to be up to state championship level? Pick Central, Wayne, and Troy are all on the schedule. What are your thoughts?
The linebacker they return is a stud. It seems like they lost a good amount on defense but they always reload.
Old 07-03-17, 02:21 PM
All World

Trotwood Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
The linebacker they return is a stud. It seems like they lost a good amount on defense but they always reload.
Yes they did lose a lot on Defense I think it is one of the biggest questions. For the first time in about 7 years the offensive line is massive. But being able to defend I think is still the biggest question mark going into the season.
Old 07-03-17, 02:29 PM
All District

High School84 is on a distinguished road
Is Pick Central a scrimmage because it doesn't show them playing you guys?
Old 07-03-17, 04:00 PM
All District

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by High School84 View Post
Is Pick Central a scrimmage because it doesn't show them playing you guys?
Central is hosting Trotwood in week 3. Tigers had a Canadian team drop out recently.
Old 07-04-17, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Unfortunately like most upcoming years, how Trotwood does in the non-league games will determine if they even get into the playoffs or not because they will get absolutely zero help from the GWOC South and I think it will put getting a home game for week 11 very much in doubt most years.
Old 07-05-17, 10:21 AM
All World

Gwoc south

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Unfortunately like most upcoming years, how Trotwood does in the non-league games will determine if they even get into the playoffs or not because they will get absolutely zero help from the GWOC South and I think it will put getting a home game for week 11 very much in doubt most years.
Yes they have to get to 9-1. 8-2 and they are likely out. So you have to get either Pick Central or Wayne. That is how the GWOC wanted it though. I am glad to see that they are being forced to play some higher level games. Pick Central and Wayne battled it out for the Region 3 title a season ago. And Hargrove gashed Central as a Soph. for 226 yards and 2 scores. Should be a real challenge. Troy has had Trotwood's number of late and Piqua is going to be a tough proposition as well. And Trotwood has never played at Tipp before, that will be a very interesting match up early in the season. How will the Indians be this year?
Old 07-05-17, 10:21 AM
All World

Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Central is hosting Trotwood in week 3. Tigers had a Canadian team drop out recently.
Will be a tough out for the Rams. Looking forward to seeing how Trotwood matches up with them.
Old 07-06-17, 07:03 AM
Summer Hiatus

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
http://yappi.net/docuwiki/doku.php?i...dison_trotwood
Lots of missing data
Old 07-06-17, 12:24 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes they have to get to 9-1. 8-2 and they are likely out. So you have to get either Pick Central or Wayne. That is how the GWOC wanted it though. I am glad to see that they are being forced to play some higher level games. Pick Central and Wayne battled it out for the Region 3 title a season ago. And Hargrove gashed Central as a Soph. for 226 yards and 2 scores. Should be a real challenge. Troy has had Trotwood's number of late and Piqua is going to be a tough proposition as well. And Trotwood has never played at Tipp before, that will be a very interesting match up early in the season. How will the Indians be this year?
Trotwood is no doubt the favorite, but the kids from Tipp are hungry to beat Trotwood. And Tipp does not lose at home often. Only losing at home 3 times in the last 5 years.
Old 07-06-17, 12:29 PM
All World

Tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Trotwood is no doubt the favorite, but the kids from Tipp are hungry to beat Trotwood. And Tipp does not lose at home often. Only losing at home 3 times in the last 5 years.
Has to stop Hargrove for going for 250 plus. That is a tall order.
Old 07-06-17, 12:48 PM
All World

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
How do you update it?
Old 07-06-17, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Uh Pick Central and Wayne, that is a huge non-league schedule. Don't know if 8-2 will get them in.
Old 07-07-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE
Quote:

Yes, I think the powers that be at GWOC had it in for Trotwood. Perhaps it's punishment for past "issues" that maybe they didn't feel was dealt with by the state properly. I for one think if that is the case that is high grade BS because the kids on this team had nothing in that. Perhaps it's because they just got that good and nobody else wanted them in their conference. I don't know the reason, but it's shady and complete BS.

As for how Piqua will be.... I have no clue. I have failed miserably this off season in keeping up to date on anything. As it stands right now, I won't even be at the week 1 game because I won't be in Ohio.
Old 07-07-17, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Pick Central and Wayne, that is a huge non-league schedule. Don't know if 8-2 will get them in.
yes, that was my point... The GWOC has dealt them a hand full of jokers. You need your fellow conference foes to man up and win some non-league games and they won't be getting that luxury from the GWOC South.
Old 07-07-17, 09:19 AM
All World

The saving Grace

Quote:
Yes, I think the powers that be at GWOC had it in for Trotwood. Perhaps it's punishment for past "issues" that maybe they didn't feel was dealt with by the state properly. I for one think if that is the case that is high grade BS because the kids on this team had nothing in that. Perhaps it's because they just got that good and nobody else wanted them in their conference. I don't know the reason, but it's shady and complete BS.

As for how Piqua will be.... I have no clue. I have failed miserably this off season in keeping up to date on anything. As it stands right now, I won't even be at the week 1 game because I won't be in Ohio.
Is that they do have Division II opponents in the division. So if those teams can get to three or four wins it helps with second level points. Bottom line is Trotwood has to win one of these high profile match ups with these Division I schools. They have the firepower to do it and the size. They just have to go and get it done on a consistent basis if they want the playoff runs to continue. Is it BS the way they have been shuffled? Absolutely. But you have to go out and challenge yourself and now they don't have a choice but to do that. I think it is going to make the program stronger in the end.
Old 07-07-17, 11:43 AM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes they did lose a lot on Defense I think it is one of the biggest questions. For the first time in about 7 years the offensive line is massive. But being able to defend I think is still the biggest question mark going into the season.
I think there defense will be ok, with Jeff hiring the old Miamisburg DC to be his DC and what he did at Miamisburg speaks for its self and he has more athletes now. This will be a fun unit to watch!!!
Old 07-08-17, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE
Quote:
Is that they do have Division II opponents in the division. So if those teams can get to three or four wins it helps with second level points. Bottom line is Trotwood has to win one of these high profile match ups with these Division I schools. They have the firepower to do it and the size. They just have to go and get it done on a consistent basis if they want the playoff runs to continue. Is it BS the way they have been shuffled? Absolutely. But you have to go out and challenge yourself and now they don't have a choice but to do that. I think it is going to make the program stronger in the end.

Yep, complaining about it at this point doesn't accomplish anything. Just go out and use it as motivation....except week 2...
Old 07-09-17, 08:17 PM
All Region

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
I see T-M going 8-2 with loses vs. Pick Central and Wayne. They are a favorite in D3 and definitely a favorite to head to State IMO
Old 07-10-17, 02:29 PM
All World

8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
I see T-M going 8-2 with loses vs. Pick Central and Wayne. They are a favorite in D3 and definitely a favorite to head to State IMO
Could very well leave the Rams at home. I believe that they have to get one of the two big school heavy point games.
Old 07-10-17, 02:33 PM
All Ohio

John336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
I think there defense will be ok, with Jeff hiring the old Miamisburg DC to be his DC and what he did at Miamisburg speaks for its self and he has more athletes now. This will be a fun unit to watch!!!
What happened to the old DC? Big guy with the Italian name. Graham has hired a 2 coaches from Belmont, Wortham from Meadowdale, and Black from Miamisburg. I didnt realize they had such a high turnover from last year.
Old 07-10-17, 03:49 PM
All District

GOBURG is on a distinguished road
coach black

he is a great addition for the D....he will make an impact on the field and is a great role model for the students
Old 07-10-17, 09:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by John336 View Post
What happened to the old DC? Big guy with the Italian name. Graham has hired a 2 coaches from Belmont, Wortham from Meadowdale, and Black from Miamisburg. I didnt realize they had such a high turnover from last year.
From what I hear he is still there, and also heard they was under staffed last year and look what they done....
Old 07-10-17, 09:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBURG View Post
he is a great addition for the D....he will make an impact on the field and is a great role model for the students
Yes he is...I'm a believer just by seeing what he did with Miamisburg def
Old 07-10-17, 09:37 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
Both them schools graduated a lot, so I wouldn't give them that win so soon
Old 07-11-17, 09:58 AM
All World

Trotwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
From what I hear he is still there, and also heard they was under staffed last year and look what they done....
Is historically understaffed because of budgetary concerns so Graham adding good staff is a great thing. They will be good this year as always but to be great they have to beat Wayne. Pick Central sure. But Wayne is the bar. The only time Trotwood-Madison has won the State Championship they is also the only season that they defeated Huber Heights Wayne in football. Some may consider that as a non starter and have no correlation but I believe they are synonymous with one another.
Old 07-12-17, 12:41 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is historically understaffed because of budgetary concerns so Graham adding good staff is a great thing. They will be good this year as always but to be great they have to beat Wayne. Pick Central sure. But Wayne is the bar. The only time Trotwood-Madison has won the State Championship they is also the only season that they defeated Huber Heights Wayne in football. Some may consider that as a non starter and have no correlation but I believe they are synonymous with one another.
That was also the worst Wayne team in the last 15 years.

Wayne being the bar is understandable but Trotwood beating Wayne doesn't = state championships.
Old 07-12-17, 11:14 AM
All World

No it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
That was also the worst Wayne team in the last 15 years.

Wayne being the bar is understandable but Trotwood beating Wayne doesn't = state championships.
But Trotwood-Madison is 0-4 in State Championship games following a loss to Wayne during the season in the runs to the title game. The only time they ever won the Title they beat Wayne. Doesn't matter if they were the worst Wayne team in 15 years. It could be nothing more than a good or bad oman. But I would think that Wayne would be much better than any opponent in Division 3 this coming season.
Old 07-12-17, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I love the Wayne/Trotwood games but just hate when it takes place in week 10.

Best of luck to the RAMS on their upcoming 14-1 state champion season and breaking the omen...
Old 07-12-17, 07:18 PM
All District

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I love the Wayne/Trotwood games but just hate when it takes place in week 10.

Best of luck to the RAMS on their upcoming 14-1 state champion season and breaking the omen...
Wayne is forfeiting already?! 😂