Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: How many wins for the Tiger in 17
4 19 33.93%
6 14 25.00%
6 18 32.14%
10+ 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 07-08-17, 10:07 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,785
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Absolutely right, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Not sure anyone could honestly deny this.
They do. Every day.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 07-09-17, 05:50 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 592
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if Massillon could quit trying to live up to some antiquated notions of who they are and actually be what they are - a medium sized city and school with a decent football team to enjoy?

Just imagine the relief of dropping the 900 pound gorilla of your past long enough to field a team of primarily home grown kids who just want to play the game. No five star transfers, no season long legal disputes with the OHSAA, no excessive Nike promotions or stunts - just being more like the other teams around you for a little while. Field a team of your kids who are proud to rep their hometown and school and do their best on Friday nights.

I think the kids and reasonable adults would welcome a culture shift from what currently exists in the "football program".
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 07-09-17, 07:54 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 9,007
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I know what I know. Not urban myth. And C&B BELIEVE me the geriatric, wannabes on that Booster Club hold that much power. Believe me. They never made successes of themselves in life so this is how they think they've "made it".
Meanwhile...our own website is demanding the HC be fired, and slam him, and the program incessantly. 2 years ago it was Hall. A few before that it was Stacy. You mean that Booster Club?

Btw I was a senior when Currence got fired. There were T-Shirts around town and some kids wore that said to fire Currence. And got sent to the office to be removed. Distinctly remember.

I don't dispute there are certain individuals who meddle or abuse power. Happens all the time and everywhere. Just saying...there obviously aren't any mirrors in Massillon.

Striker nailed it.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 07-09-17, 08:07 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,785
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no place that it happens "everywhere and all the time" to the degree it does in Massillon. He!! some colleges don't have all the BS. If you do believe that you are delusional. As far as the web-site if you read what is being said it is all about the extra-curricular activities going on right now. And it pretty wells says what my2sense said in his post above.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 07-09-17, 08:39 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,352
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
boost·er
ˈbo͞ostər
noun
1.
NORTH AMERICAN
a keen promoter of a person, organization, or cause.
"athletic booster clubs"
2.
a source of help or encouragement.
"job fairs are a great morale booster"

Note that nothing in that definition references being a policymaker or persistent whiner/bi+cher. Have a fundraiser golf outing and a reverse raffle, buy some equipment, sponsor the banquets, shut your mouth and get the he!! out of the way.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 07-09-17, 10:11 AM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
boost·er
ˈbo͞ostər
noun
1.
NORTH AMERICAN
a keen promoter of a person, organization, or cause.
"athletic booster clubs"
2.
a source of help or encouragement.
"job fairs are a great morale booster"

Note that nothing in that definition references being a policymaker or persistent whiner/bi+cher. Have a fundraiser golf outing and a reverse raffle, buy some equipment, sponsor the banquets, shut your mouth and get the he!! out of the way.
Spot on and until this twisted dynamic is reversed we'll continue to under achieve and by under achieve ie.lose to Dublin Scioto at home first round of the playoffs...
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 07-15-17, 12:27 PM
BigSack BigSack is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-02
Posts: 1,724
BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
if 79 wins is the max for a Massillon coach, does that mean the Moores are around for another 8-10 years?
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 07-15-17, 07:15 PM
Cali_Eagle Cali_Eagle is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-29-16
Posts: 359
Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
if 79 wins is the max for a Massillon coach, does that mean the Moores are around for another 8-10 years?
If Moore is around 8 to 10 more seasons, it will mean he is having success and that would be a good thing. As was explained previously on the thread, Mike Currence did in fact have a chance to break the PB victory record, and it would be a very good thing for Tiger football in general if someone came along and broke it in a short span of seasons.

Besides, Brown's record for winning percentage is already broken. Chuck Mather had a better one and so did Earle Bruce, depending on how many seasons you think someone should coach to qualify for this record. Earle Bruce's WP of 1.000 % can never be surpassed.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 07-15-17, 08:20 PM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
With the season right around the corner, it will be interesting to see how the Tigers look in the upcoming scrimmages. I know it's just scrimmages,but I think you can get a good feel from a team based on scrimmages. Obviously this is make or break for Moore, we have already seen a coordinator released,OHSAA investigation, and another early exit from the playoffs in embarrassing fashion. A huge win in week one against Mentor would go along way on many fronts for this program. Many say that isn't possible,but we've got a little bit of talent and a 4 star recruit in Thomas. Go Tigers!
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 07-15-17, 08:49 PM
T-Roy T-Roy is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-15
Posts: 35
T-Roy is on a distinguished road
23XTigers! I hear you! Can't wait for the season to start. I'm hearing good things about the team but I believe we are a year away from a special season. Also from a source within the system I'm hearing this is our best freshman class since 05'. Watch out for Ballard 6-3 frosh who is long and lanky with great bloodlines.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 07-15-17, 09:41 PM
mtigers96 mtigers96 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-02-09
Posts: 423
mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Skill positions won't be a problem, I want to see how the oline looks like, I know we have 2 starters returning in Soto and McGuire, heard Kierns is rumored to play tackle.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 07-15-17, 10:37 PM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Good insight T-Roy. Hopefully the Freshman class continues to develop nicely and we can maximize that talent to it's full potential. Will keep an eye out for the Ballard, sounds like a great combination of size and athleticism that could turn out to be a tremendous weapon for us. Will be interesting to see how everything looks with McConnell taking the reins as DC, they'll look much more sound. With Mazur taking over on offense I feel like we'll be much more run oriented,but I really think Longwell will end up being a bright spot for us this year. Just wonder if Thomas will be lining up in the backfield again or will he be playing exclusively on D?
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 07-15-17, 11:20 PM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 11,419
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Some in the Masillon camp are FINALLY starting to see things with some perspective.
this place is less fun now that Massillon fans have found humility.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 07-16-17, 09:25 AM
T-Roy T-Roy is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-15
Posts: 35
T-Roy is on a distinguished road
I look for Thomas to get 15-20 offensive snaps a game whether it be in the wildcat set or as rb. Anther young sophomore to watch will be Z. Pifer who had a nice freshman season running the ball last year. If we can score offensively the defense will be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 07-17-17, 11:30 AM
cardzfan1234's Avatar
cardzfan1234 cardzfan1234 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-04-04
Location: Painesville Twp.
Posts: 10,736
cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Here is the first in my summer opponent previews for Mentor's schedule in 2017

Week 1: Massillon

My thoughts on your Week 1 opponent: Mentor is prime for the taking. In Massillon, I think this game is close to a toss-up. Mentor's offense isn't going to be anywhere close to the standard they set for most of the 2000's. And the defense won't be much better than usual. This will be a huge game for both teams as they hope to get the season off to a good start and pick up some valuable harbins. The game is probably more important (harbin-wise) for Mentor than Massillon.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 07-17-17, 03:45 PM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Really good stuff Cardz. We are real young across the board this year, that doesn't mean a lack of talent. This younger talent will have to be cultivated and developed and put in the right position by the coaching staff to be successful. This opening game maybe more important to Mentor in terms of harbins, but it will be more important to Massillon in terms of confidence. If we can pull off the upset it will do tremendous things for this young teams confidence going forward, if we get our doors blown off at home in the opener,things could spiral out of control. That is unpredictable nature of potential, it could go very bad or very good, this is where coaches earn their money. Goods coaches maximize potential, bad coaches under achieve. Go Tigers!
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 07-17-17, 03:55 PM
thickthinbigred thickthinbigred is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-07-12
Posts: 548
thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
10+ counting playoffs
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 07-17-17, 03:57 PM
thickthinbigred thickthinbigred is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-07-12
Posts: 548
thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Big Red and Massillon should be playing again .
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 07-17-17, 05:06 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,286
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Really good stuff Cardz. We are real young across the board this year, that doesn't mean a lack of talent. This younger talent will have to be cultivated and developed and put in the right position by the coaching staff to be successful. This opening game maybe more important to Mentor in terms of harbins, but it will be more important to Massillon in terms of confidence. If we can pull off the upset it will do tremendous things for this young teams confidence going forward, if we get our doors blown off at home in the opener,things could spiral out of control. That is unpredictable nature of potential, it could go very bad or very good, this is where coaches earn their money. Goods coaches maximize potential, bad coaches under achieve. Go Tigers!
It's encouraging that despite your youth, the biggest group picked your Tigers to win four games this year. Good luck! You have much to be excited about!
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 07-17-17, 05:54 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,024
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBob View Post
It's encouraging that despite your youth, the biggest group picked your Tigers to win four games this year. Good luck! You have much to be excited about!
Actually Bob, the biggest group picked the Tigers to win 6 or more, 18 picked the Tigers to win 4 or less, 30 picked them to win 6 or more. Also, of the 18 that picked 4 or less, only 1 is a Tiger fan, pretty much the rest are/were trolls.
But hey, thanks for noticing, it means a lot when McK fans admit the relevance of the Tigers by keeping track of such things.

Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 07-17-17, 06:00 PM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBob View Post
It's encouraging that despite your youth, the biggest group picked your Tigers to win four games this year. Good luck! You have much to be excited about!
Yeah it is BulldogSlob, because it is those very same people that at this time last year predicted 4-6 for us. It is just the trendy thing to do on here, bash the Tigers in every which way possible. Good thing reality is far removed from the garbage posted by many on Yappi.

Thick, I couldn't agree more. There are a couple of games I would like to see permanently added to our schedule, Perry and Steubenville. Aside from the McKinley game, there is no other team I look forward to playing like Steubenville. There's just something electric about the rivalry.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 07-17-17, 06:06 PM
BigSack BigSack is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-02
Posts: 1,724
BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Actually Bob, the biggest group picked the Tigers to win 6 or more, 18 picked the Tigers to win 4 or less, 30 picked them to win 6 or more. Also, of the 18 that picked 4 or less, only 1 is a Tiger fan, pretty much the rest are/were trolls.
But hey, thanks for noticing, it means a lot when McK fans admit the relevance of the Tigers by keeping track of such things.

Yeah man. Real Tiger fans are picking 6-4 so back off McK fans. Or is that 6-5 with another yuuge first round disappointment again
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 07-18-17, 12:08 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,286
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Yeah it is BulldogSlob, because it is those very same people that at this time last year predicted 4-6 for us. It is just the trendy thing to do on here, bash the Tigers in every which way possible. Good thing reality is far removed from the garbage posted by many on Yappi.

Thick, I couldn't agree more. There are a couple of games I would like to see permanently added to our schedule, Perry and Steubenville. Aside from the McKinley game, there is no other team I look forward to playing like Steubenville. There's just something electric about the rivalry.
And you with your 23x screen names was the only one to pick the Tigers (5 times) to go 10+ wins. You appear to have serious mental health issues, Heff, etc. Calling people names like a three year old is your M.O. I was only agreeing with your fans that an exciting 4 win season awaits! Go Tigers!
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 07-18-17, 12:20 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,286
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if Massillon could quit trying to live up to some antiquated notions of who they are and actually be what they are - a medium sized city and school with a decent football team to enjoy?

Just imagine the relief of dropping the 900 pound gorilla of your past long enough to field a team of primarily home grown kids who just want to play the game. No five star transfers, no season long legal disputes with the OHSAA, no excessive Nike promotions or stunts - just being more like the other teams around you for a little while. Field a team of your kids who are proud to rep their hometown and school and do their best on Friday nights.

I think the kids and reasonable adults would welcome a culture shift from what currently exists in the "football program".
The local press seems to help keep
them in fantasyland. Their press coverage should more closely mirror your status assessment. The local papers inflate their fan's perceptions with sheer volume.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 07-18-17, 03:09 PM
Ohio Proud 64 Ohio Proud 64 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Location: Canton
Posts: 86
Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Yeah it is BulldogSlob, because it is those very same people that at this time last year predicted 4-6 for us. It is just the trendy thing to do on here, bash the Tigers in every which way possible. Good thing reality is far removed from the garbage posted by many on Yappi.

Thick, I couldn't agree more. There are a couple of games I would like to see permanently added to our schedule, Perry and Steubenville. Aside from the McKinley game, there is no other team I look forward to playing like Steubenville. There's just something electric about the rivalry.
Notice you didn't say GlenOak. If it hadn't been for some home cooking over the last 5 years you would be on the losing side of this match up!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 07-18-17, 03:43 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 9,007
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Yeah I would say GO has been, for me, our best and most exciting rival, excluding that team Bob supports. Perry was up there but...well. WGH third. Steuby 4. All were/are very good. (That drive to Steubenville on a Friday is rough!).
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 07-18-17, 04:14 PM
Ohio Proud 64 Ohio Proud 64 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Location: Canton
Posts: 86
Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Yeah I would say GO has been, for me, our best and most exciting rival, excluding that team Bob supports. Perry was up there but...well. WGH third. Steuby 4. All were/are very good. (That drive to Steubenville on a Friday is rough!).
Yes, more competitive than the Mck vs Massillon match up
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 07-18-17, 04:50 PM
Footballfever123 Footballfever123 is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 12-23-15
Posts: 130
Footballfever123 is on a distinguished road
Massillon will be young and very competitive this year. I look for them to get Mentor week 1 this year
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 07-18-17, 06:32 PM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Proud 64 View Post
Notice you didn't say GlenOak. If it hadn't been for some home cooking over the last 5 years you would be on the losing side of this match up!
While I have looked forward to the GO game the last handful of years,I just don't consider them a rival. While the games have been very competitive and very physical as of late, we don't have the heated history that we do with the other schools like Perry and Steubenville. Those two teams should be on the schedule each and every year. Yeah the trip to Death Valley is long, but the atmosphere is second to none and I love how close to the field you are down there. Tremendous environment for high school football.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 07-18-17, 10:13 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,286
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Actually Bob, the biggest group picked the Tigers to win 6 or more, 18 picked the Tigers to win 4 or less, 30 picked them to win 6 or more. Also, of the 18 that picked 4 or less, only 1 is a Tiger fan, pretty much the rest are/were trolls.
But hey, thanks for noticing, it means a lot when McK fans admit the relevance of the Tigers by keeping track of such things.

LOL! The top two combined voted win predictions were 4 wins (18) and 5 wins (13). This means the largest percentage of voters say the Tigers won't have a winning season this year. Because of this fact, it appears the paranoid author has edited out the #5?! Way too funny!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 81 08-23-17 08:56 AM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM
2017 Massillon Tiger Baseball DB135 Massillon Tigers 14 05-19-17 05:12 AM
TV Shows Cancelled/Renewed Yappi General Board 24 05-16-17 08:04 AM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 0 05-15-17 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz