Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-03-17, 09:46 AM
All American

CardzFan1 is on a distinguished road
Mentor Cardinals Football 2017

Let's get ready for some football! Should be very interesting as Tatarunas enters his third year as the starting QB. Surprised to see that Week 3 is Glenville -- thought that it was supposed to be St. Edward.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-17, 10:36 AM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Mentor backed out months ago. I think we all know why.
Old 06-03-17, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
Mentor backed out months ago. I think we all know why.

Because Glenville gives us 2 games at home vs one. Same reason you schedule them

Mentor didn't back out of anything. There was never a contract. There were just talks. Nice try though

Mentor plays St Ignatius every year and doesn't like to play Eds. I think we all know know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-17, 10:19 PM
All Ohio

SSS is on a distinguished road
No, we don't all know why.
Old 06-04-17, 07:04 AM
All Yappi

Well I don't know how you guys can rip on us for playing Glenville when you play Glenville too...

Our other out of conference opponents are St Ignatius who you play and Massillon who you'd schedule in a second if you could

So you really have no leg to stand on when talking about our schedule

Move on to your thread

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-04-17, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Schedule :

@Massillon Washington
vs St Ignatius
vs Glenville
@Strongsville
vs Brunswick
vs Medina
@Shaker Heights
@Solon
vs Euclid
@Elyria

Pretty much the most perfect schedule for us. I'd like to play Euclid or Solon in week 10 instead of Elyria. That's the only thing I'd change

Scrimmages are kenston and a few others at kenston. Away vs Massillon Jackson. Then home vs Erie cathedral prep

Old 06-04-17, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Because Glenville gives us 2 games at home vs one. Same reason you schedule them

Mentor didn't back out of anything. There was never a contract. There were just talks. Nice try though

Mentor plays St Ignatius every year and doesn't like to play Eds. I think we all know know why

The home games are an added bonus when scheduling Glenville, but not the reason we play them. Clearly, we schedule them out of necessity.

Ed's and Mentor have been playing each other at the lower levels for years now (competitively I might add), so it rings kind of hollow if you are insinuating that Mentor is taking some sort of moral/ethical high ground by not scheduling the varsity team.
Old 06-04-17, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

Well Mentor doesn't exactly get to pick any team they want for scheduling. We've had to play Ursuline and Mooney out of necessity. Boardman too

Glenville gets at least 7 wins a year with that senate schedule. And they are competitive too

You aren't wanting Mentor instead of Glenville. You are wanting Mentor instead of an out of state school or Cincy school. That's the difference

It rings hollow if you try to tell anyone that you guys are just as dirty at the lower levels as you are at the higher levels ..

There's a reason why Ignatius can schedule teams that you guys can't

There are other reasons beyond you guys being possibly the dirtiest school in the state in how you get your players

-also dirty on the field. Many cheap shots

-way less fans than Ignatius or Massillon Less money for us

-since you are dirty , your schedule is stacked. This means that if we do beat you , it's often harbins for a 6 win team or less even though it's still tough

-one of the most annoying fanbases to deal with. Many no class people who troll like crazy.

-one of the queerest chants ever with that stupid eagle eagle eagle garbage. I'd not schedule you just to not hear that fat Kevin James looking slob at things like basketball leading that

- the respect isn't there. Much like most publics in Ohio, we don't want to associate with you

Again move on. If it were up to me we wouldn't play you guys in anything

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-04-17, 08:08 AM
All Ohio

Wow, you are delusional. I'll pray for you at Mass this morning. Peace be with you .
Old 06-04-17, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

Not delusional at all. Save your prayers. That's the arrogance I'm talking about though. Not to mention kind of sacrilege to say I'll pray for you in a tongue n cheek dbag sort of way

Most Mentor people are Catholic or Christian too btw. Not that this point matters with all your athletes at the so called religion first school

And if anything you should pray for your corrupt boosters instead

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-04-17, 10:20 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Impressive schedule as always!
Old 06-04-17, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not delusional at all. Save your prayers. That's the arrogance I'm talking about though. Not to mention kind of sacrilege to say I'll pray for you in a tongue n cheek dbag sort of way

Most Mentor people are Catholic or Christian too btw. Not that this point matters with all your athletes at the so called religion first school

Just wanted to get under your skin . Your too easy to upset, but you do give me a good laugh every now and then.
Old 06-04-17, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

It's you're. Apparently paying college tuition for high school didn't teach you simple grammar

I'm not upset at all actually. Pointing out your sacrilege comments that fanbases like Eds make routinely is easy

Now run along. Must be some youth camps for you guys to scout

Old 06-04-17, 11:43 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's you're. Apparently paying college tuition for high school didn't teach you simple grammar

I'm not upset at all actually. Pointing out your sacrilege comments that fanbases like Eds make routinely is easy

Now run along. Must be some youth camps for you guys to scout

I got on here to read about Mentor and see that the thread was high-jacked by some arrogant azzhat.

Impressive schedule as always. Aside from the QB who else returns for Mentor?
Old 06-04-17, 11:51 AM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I know exactly why.
Old 06-04-17, 11:54 AM
All American

Quote:

My goodness. The whining is so over the top. Have fun not winning a state title again this season.

Last edited by SuperD1; 06-04-17 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-04-17, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I got on here to read about Mentor and see that the thread was high-jacked by some arrogant azzhat.

Impressive schedule as always. Aside from the QB who else returns for Mentor?

Yes it was. Guys from Eds who troll our thread multiple times a year. This won't be the last time. The schedule was their first complaint. They are sore because Mentor found a better opponent to schedule that helps us more

There's no benefit to schedule Eds. They don't bring fans or money. There is no rivalry or respect. Their schedule is rugged by force because most publics don't want to associate with them so if you beat them harbins aren't there. You get a 4 win team credit as we did when we beat them A hard fought win over a 4-6 team

And there are reasons why they can't get any Ohio publics to schedule them while Ignatius and X can (except desperate schools like Glenville who recruit like them )

Old 06-04-17, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Hopefully Mentorfball or someone else can provide the depth chart. I don't follow anything but varsity to know the full roster

Logan Shea, Steve Baird and a few others return at Wr though

Old 06-04-17, 02:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well Mentor doesn't exactly get to pick any team they want for scheduling. We've had to play Ursuline and Mooney out of necessity. Boardman too

Glenville gets at least 7 wins a year with that senate schedule. And they are competitive too

You aren't wanting Mentor instead of Glenville. You are wanting Mentor instead of an out of state school or Cincy school. That's the difference

It rings hollow if you try to tell anyone that you guys are just as dirty at the lower levels as you are at the higher levels ..

There's a reason why Ignatius can schedule teams that you guys can't

There are other reasons beyond you guys being possibly the dirtiest school in the state in how you get your players

-also dirty on the field. Many cheap shots

-way less fans than Ignatius or Massillon Less money for us

-since you are dirty , your schedule is stacked. This means that if we do beat you , it's often harbins for a 6 win team or less even though it's still tough

-one of the most annoying fanbases to deal with. Many no class people who troll like crazy.

-one of the queerest chants ever with that stupid eagle eagle eagle garbage. I'd not schedule you just to not hear that fat Kevin James looking slob at things like basketball leading that

- the respect isn't there. Much like most publics in Ohio, we don't want to associate with you

Again move on. If it were up to me we wouldn't play you guys in anything

Sure you didn't miss any of your bullet points?

Good luck to Mentor this season. Hope to see you in the playoffs as always.
Old 06-04-17, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Sure you didn't miss any of your bullet points?

Good luck to Mentor this season. Hope to see you in the playoffs as always.

Your stadium is a dump too. Thanks for giving me a shot to add. Won't be in your threads. Would be great if you guys did the same

We all know you guys will be back though.

Old 06-04-17, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't like St. Ed's.
Old 06-04-17, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
MentorGard2002 wading into black stripe waters.
Old 06-04-17, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

I don't mince words. I don't care about Eds as a school. I have no respect for their sports programs. Corrupt as they come and I don't want to associate with them

That's why nobody plays Eds. We aren't going to avoid Eds and play Ignatius or X because of competition. Get over yourselves

I'd like to pretend they don't exist and I damn sure don't care to hear about them. The trolling comes from your side

You guys don't like it. You'll act like I'm angry when I'm not. I'd easily never deal with you guys at all if you would stay the heck out of our threads

But we know you won't as I said before

Old 06-04-17, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't mince words. I don't care about Eds as a school. I have no respect for their sports programs. Corrupt as they come and I don't want to associate with them

That's why nobody plays Eds. We aren't going to avoid Eds and play Ignatius or X because of competition. Get over yourselves

I'd like to pretend they don't exist and I damn sure don't care to hear about them. The trolling comes from your side
The OP starts the Mentor 2017 thread by bringing up why St. Edward is not on the schedule, and by responding we are trolling your thread?

Quote:
You guys don't like it. You'll act like I'm angry when I'm not. I'd easily never deal with you guys at all if you would stay the heck out of our threads

But we know you won't as I said before

You, angry? No. Can't imagine how anyone would get that impression.
Old 06-04-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Hate to break it to you but I'm not ..

You can argue or debate without being angry. You guys don't like me ripping Eds. Too bad. Truth hurts.

Also the responses were bogus. No contract so we didn't back out. The talk was a one year stopgap with only a home game at mentor. Instead we got a 2 year deal with 2 home games ...

And you know damn well Eds fans talk trash in our thread multiple times a year every year. Stop playing the innocent card

Old 06-04-17, 05:22 PM
All American

Quote:
I don't mince words. I don't care about Eds as a school. I have no respect for their sports programs. Corrupt as they come and I don't want to associate with them.

Get over yourselves

This idiot has decided Saint Edward is corrupt but somebody else needs to get over themselves? Nobody cares what you think. I suspect your respect is worth about half as much as a pretzel stick in Mitchell's.
Mentor backed out on the St Edward game because they didn't want a guaranteed second loss.
Old 06-04-17, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hate to break it to you but I'm not ..

You can argue or debate without being angry. You guys don't like me ripping Eds. Too bad. Truth hurts.
Your vitriolic responses give a different impression. And I'm completely satisfied with how my alma mater conducts its business these days. So is the OHSAA.

Quote:
Also the responses were bogus. No contract so we didn't back out. The talk was a one year stopgap with only a home game at mentor. Instead we got a 2 year deal with 2 home games ...

And you know damn well Eds fans talk trash in our thread multiple times a year every year. Stop playing the innocent card

I'm not in the "Mentor is afraid" camp. I think that's garbage. Just as your list of responses why the Ed's game never came to fruition is. Glenville makes much more sense. Guaranteed win and the harbins that come with it. Nothing wrong with a business decision.
Old 06-04-17, 05:53 PM
All Yappi

Hey say my list is garbage if you want but you clearly care what I think of Eds. All you guys do or else you would simply ignore it and not respond

You brought hardly any fans when we played. Your schedule swallowed you up and we got credit for beating a 4 win team. There is no rivalry. No respect. You guys bring nothing at all

Yes your chants are annoying too. And the fat slob dad leading them at games needs to get a life That's no reason not to schedule them. Just saying that eagle eagle eagle oye oye oye chant is the epitome of dbaggery

My thoughts on Eds being dirty over the years are justified and correct. And it's why teams avoid you guys more than other privates. Has nothing to do with you being good lately. Eds always had more problems getting locals than the other private schools

You guys don't like it and that's fine. But plenty of people talk about how shady your boosters are.

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 06-04-17 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-04-17, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hey say my list is garbage if you want but you clearly care what I think of Eds. All you guys do or else you would simply ignore it and not respond

You brought hardly any fans when we played. Your schedule swallowed you up and we got credit for beating a 4 win team. There is no rivalry. No respect. You guys bring nothing at all

Yes your chants are annoying too. And the fat slob dad leading them at games needs to get a life That's no reason not to schedule them. Just saying that eagle eagle eagle oye oye oye chant is the epitome of dbaggery

My thoughts on Eds being dirty over the years are justified and correct. And it's why teams avoid you guys more than other privates. Has nothing to do with you being good lately. Eds always had more problems getting locals than the other private schools

You guys don't like it and that's fine. But plenty of people talk about how shady your boosters are.

If you say so Theodore Herzl.
Old 06-04-17, 06:57 PM
All Yappi

Good one. So brilliant ...

Now hopefully a depth chart can be provided and to you guys can move on