Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-11-17, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Eds outcoached you. In 2016 Hoban had WAY more talent than any team they played.

Just don't have any coaches almost lose their faculty position wearing Hoban apparel running a city series track meet
No high school team in Ohio had WAY more than Ed's.
Old 07-11-17, 07:42 AM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
...looking forward to seeing you guys wk 2. Mooney should be pretty solid in D4 but lack depth which could make for a long season with any injuries to key personal.
Old 07-11-17, 07:46 AM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is coaching. Best staff in the area.
Any impact with loss of offensive coordinator from last year?
Old 07-11-17, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is coaching. Best staff in the area. Coaches will have this team ready to play week 1. I expect a close game that could go either way. I don't see anyone else beating Hoban in regular season when u can't score. Defense has always been the strength and will be again this year. Look at the past 2 years and this defense may be the best overall. 10-0 if they bear IGGY, 9-1 if not. Both WR's being cleared this week and DE having cast removed too. QB may be young but 7-8 seniors will start on Offense plus the best Junior O Lineman in state. Defense will be a blur with 7 plus seniors.
Kicking game may be the only spot that lost some punch.
Glad to hear there will be no dropoff from Sibley and Clark, two kids moving on to play big time D1 college football.
Old 07-11-17, 08:28 AM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
SVSM vs Hoban is week 5. That is a game I am contemplating coming to see. With that in mind, I am very curious to hear peoples "honest opinion" of who will win and an "honest opinion" of the score. Thanks to anyone that puts in their educated prediction. Also is that 100% for sure that it is at Infocision?
Old 07-11-17, 09:07 AM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
SVSM vs Hoban is week 5. That is a game I am contemplating coming to see. With that in mind, I am very curious to hear peoples "honest opinion" of who will win and an "honest opinion" of the score. Thanks to anyone that puts in their educated prediction. Also is that 100% for sure that it is at Infocision?
Unless Infocision is already booked that week for something else, yes, it will be there.

There is only one time in recent history that I can recall it being somewhere other than the UA stadium, and that was in 04 when we played at Cuyahoga Falls HS.
Old 07-11-17, 10:52 AM
Junior Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
99.9999% sure it'll be at Infocision. And honestly it is too close to call. This is usually a pretty good game. The only time I believe it has been a blow out was was during STVM's two most recent state titles when Hoban was down. STVM returns their good QB who will be a sophomore and then i believe Hoban has been discussed here enough. I feel like the game is a coin flip, you can never really predict what will happen in a rivalry game, especially one with as much talent at these two schools. Will be a great game! Honest prediction 10-7 STVM due to Hoban's new offense. Will be good game to watch and may change prediction once watching both teams during the season.
Old 07-11-17, 11:21 AM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=StarstoShine;6788368]Best Coaching staff in the Area ??? Who spiked the Koolaid??? Maybe the best recruiting in the area....and to state Xoban is going to waltz into a 9-1 or 10-0 record. Arrogance is not a becoming trait when the cast from across the tracks is quietly reloading...365/24/7...[/QUOTE

If coaching doesn't come into play how do you explain 30-0 vs Trotwood Madison in a state championship game who the week before blasted CCC by almost 50? Or the week before coming back from a double digit halftime score against and undefeated Desales team who according to DBO4 is coached by knute Rockne reincarnated? No one said it would be easy to go 10-0 or 9-1 but I am just looking at the facts and what these teams have coming back. St V will have less talent and experience than they have had in the past 3 years if that who is reloading.
Old 07-11-17, 11:29 AM
All Region

Quote:
Eds outcoached you. In 2016 Hoban had WAY more talent than any team they played.

Just don't have any coaches almost lose their faculty position wearing Hoban apparel running a city series track meet
Ed's didn't out coach anyone. First half TD reception was called back on a cheap holding call , Danny Clark no showed, and kicker missed a chip shot that he makes a hundred times. And Sibley started cramping in the 4th which led to Collier coming in and fumbling while we were going in to score. None of this was coaching. And I agree with other post that Hoban did not have more talent than Ed's. Maybe at some positions but not overall. Pretty evenly matched with Ed's having more depth due to just shear numbers.

And it would not be a DB04 post without the standard cheap shot about something that has nothing to do with the topic.
Old 07-11-17, 11:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
Any impact with loss of offensive coordinator from last year?
Not really. T called lost of the plays
Old 07-11-17, 11:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Glad to hear there will be no dropoff from Sibley and Clark, two kids moving on to play big time D1 college football.
D.C. Was a great leader on and off the field. Got a bum rap because of his dad. But was not an outstanding QB. Strong arm but offense was pretty one dimensional. You do not replace a Todd Sibley but the offense will be more diverse and will utilize more skilled players overall which was a complaint from a lot of people last year. Passing game will be shorter and more accurate than last year. Not just toss the Bomb for 1 big play a game and rely on the run
Old 07-11-17, 01:01 PM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6788547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Best Coaching staff in the Area ??? Who spiked the Koolaid??? Maybe the best recruiting in the area....and to state Xoban is going to waltz into a 9-1 or 10-0 record. Arrogance is not a becoming trait when the cast from across the tracks is quietly reloading...365/24/7...[/QUOTE

If coaching doesn't come into play how do you explain 30-0 vs Trotwood Madison in a state championship game who the week before blasted CCC by almost 50? Or the week before coming back from a double digit halftime score against and undefeated Desales team who according to DBO4 is coached by knute Rockne reincarnated? No one said it would be easy to go 10-0 or 9-1 but I am just looking at the facts and what these teams have coming back. St V will have less talent and experience than they have had in the past 3 years if that who is reloading.
StV might have less experience but you're kidding yourself if you think they are less talented. The sophomore class is loaded with skill talent with a few of them getting a lot of varsity playing time last year. It will be a toss up game with Hoban and will more than likely come down to turnovers and the kicking game which has cost StV the last couple years.
Old 07-11-17, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
To defend DB, he never said Wiggins is Knute Rockne reincarnated. He holds that sacred position for Tom Lombardo.
Old 07-11-17, 01:26 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=Irish Football;6788606]
Quote:

StV might have less experience but you're kidding yourself if you think they are less talented. The sophomore class is loaded with skill talent with a few of them getting a lot of varsity playing time last year. It will be a toss up game with Hoban and will more than likely come down to turnovers and the kicking game which has cost StV the last couple years.
So this years sophomore class who were freshman last year are going to make the difference? Hoban's youngsters aren't too bad either. I think game will be close. Never really a blow out due to the rivalry and grit of kids on both sides. I just think Hoban's junior and senior classes are superior and will carry the day. That may change a year or two from now.
Old 07-11-17, 01:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
So you're blaming it on Danny Clark? That's a low blow blaming an individual.
Danny had a bad game. Had a few of them. He also had his best game of the year when it counted, in the state championship. It's not low if you are telling the truth is it? Did you read the first part of the post? Danny Clark was a great leader on and off the field. I love Danny Clark. But there is a reason he decommitted and went to KY. He has an uphill battle at KY too but You will not outwork him or have a better kid in your organization. Again DB004 spreading the fake news. CNN is hiring I am told. May want to apply?
Old 07-11-17, 01:44 PM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6788629]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post

So this years sophomore class who were freshman last year are going to make the difference? Hoban's youngsters aren't too bad either. I think game will be close. Never really a blow out due to the rivalry and grit of kids on both sides. I just think Hoban's junior and senior classes are superior and will carry the day. That may change a year or two from now.
A handful of the sophomores can definitely make a difference. The QB,TB and one of the wideouts will be all kids who can make a definite impact. I would agree that this game will always be close and I can see it swinging back to StV especially after this year. I hope your wrong about the junior and senior classes but I would agree with you especially about the senior class.
Old 07-11-17, 02:16 PM
All Region

Quote:
So you're blaming it on Danny Clark? That's a low blow blaming an individual.
It's always a team loss, but the receivers were open. If he makes the throws, Hoban wins by 10.

Cougar is dead on. He had some clunkers, but other times played very well. His inconsistency and short-distance accuracy were his weaknesses.
Old 07-11-17, 03:35 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
1. Coaching staff always look better when they've gathered better talent.

2. Hoban is probably 7, 8 or 9 wins this year (9 game season), regardless who is QB.

3. People can talk Danny Clark all day long. The kid has 2 state championship rings and his father has no college tuition bills. That sounds like a winner at some level

4. I've heard from a couple different people that the winds of gathering talent may be changing on Holy Cross Blvd. I heard scuttlebutt on the topic from two completely unrelated people on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-17, 03:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
3. People can talk Danny Clark all day long. The kid has 2 state championship rings and his father has no college tuition bills. That sounds like a winner at some level
The point in question was the St. Ed's game. Hoban wasn't retroactively given the win over St. Eds simply because they had won two state championships in a row and their quarterback got a scholarship.

I don't believe anyone was arguing that DC is not a "winner". That is a straw man.
Old 07-11-17, 03:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
4. I've heard from a couple different people that the winds of gathering talent may be changing on Holy Cross Blvd. I heard scuttlebutt on the topic from two completely unrelated people on the same day.
Sounds like they will be experiencing the wind of change:

Last edited by Hoban2019; 07-11-17 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-11-17, 04:25 PM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Not making Tyrrell to be Belichick, but he wasn't out coached that game. They physically dominated Ed's, Sibley had more rushing yards than Ed's had total yards. They lost because they had 2 bad snaps on FG attempts, had a TD called back, missed a wide open WR for a touchdown, and fumbled inside the 5 with 2 min left.
Old 07-11-17, 08:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
- Eds scouted the kicking game and blocked the kick that won the game for them. One of the players was interviewed and said they practiced it.

-Eds shut down the air game on Hoban.

-Eds had zero D1 scholarship seniors.

-Hoban had way more talent than Eds. It had to do with discipline, and coaching.
DB04 is dillusional and has no idea what he is talking about. Scouted the kicking game??? Miss and block were do to bad or mishandled snaps. You continue to show your ignorance and complete bias toward anything Hoban. Again because of an axe you have to grind against your alma Mater who pissed in your wheaties somewhere down the line.

Ed's had plenty of D1 players, they just may have not been seniors. Michael Dowell?? Just committed to Michigan State. Started in secondary. CB from last year who will be at Uoungstown state this year and another defensive player 2018 class with multiple D1 offers. Hoban had 2 D1 seniors and the rest were underclassman.

Talent was pretty even, Ed's had the depth in numbers. Hoban lost had 0 to do with coaching. Players did not make the plays when they had to and Sibley cramped up on final drive that would have won the game. Instead back up fumbled around the 5 yard line.
Old 07-11-17, 08:36 PM
All Region

Quote:
- Eds scouted the kicking game and blocked the kick that won the game for them. One of the players was interviewed and said they practiced it.

-Eds shut down the air game on Hoban.

-Eds had zero D1 scholarship seniors.

-Hoban had way more talent than Eds. It had to do with discipline, and coaching.
You can scout the kicking game all you want, without the bad snap, it doesn't get blocked.
Old 07-11-17, 08:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Wrong..Jabari Taylor was D1 and he transferred his late junior year. Him and Nate Adolph transferring was huge. Let's not forget your D1 kicker. Now that's 4 D1 players.

Hoban was way more talented than Eds on paper.

Someone turned down someone? Who turned down who? Answer me that...
Actually, the kicker decided against playing college football, and is just playing baseball.

And Ed's had 12 seniors last year that signed letters of intent to play college football. D1 or not, pretty impressive.
Old 07-11-17, 08:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Wrong..Jabari Taylor was D1 and he transferred his late junior year. Him and Nate Adolph transferring was huge. Let's not forget your D1 kicker. Now that's 4 D1 players.

Hoban was way more talented than Eds on paper.

Someone turned down someone? Who turned down who? Answer me that...
I forgot about Jabari Taylor. That made 3. Kersh did not get a D1 offer and went to Kent state to try and play baseball. Adolph didn't play against Ed's, he was sitting out 5 games and he is going to John Carroll D3. Arison sanders is going to Slippery Rock D2. That's 5 total. St Ed's had 13 players sign to play college football. 2 D1's and the rest D2 & D3. So who had the most talent in senior class???? 5 or 13. Your argument is false. Fake news. CNN worthy. See below link of all signees from cleveland. Com.

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...ers-of-intent/
Old 07-11-17, 09:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
We're talking about D1.

Ok so I was off on the kicker who had D1 looks. But I wasn't on Taylor. I said Jabari and Adolph transferring were huge. Where did I say Adolph was D1?

How many D1 scholarship players did Eds have that were seniors that year. Eds was a very young team.

I will say Coach Smith being called out running a City Series track meet wearing hoban apparel isn't fake news.
Your whole argument was about how Hoban was out coached by Ed's is factually incorrect and only your opinion. St Ed's win had nothing to do with coaching. Talent was pretty even. Anyone who watched the game could see they were evenly matched for a D3 vs D1 matchup. You mentioned Adolph who did not play against Ed's. The loss came down to a bad holding call that nullified a TD, 2 bad snaps/holds on FG chip shots and Sibley cramping. None of which is attributed to coaching.

Who care about a track coach wearing hoban gear to a track meet. Again trying to deflect from the fact you are wrong in your analysis.
Old 07-11-17, 09:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
We're talking about D1 and only D1 with this most recent senior class.

Ok so I was off on the kicker who had D1 looks. But I wasn't on Taylor. I said Jabari and Adolph transferring were huge. Where did I say Adolph was D1?

How many D1 scholarship players did Eds have that were seniors that year? Eds was a very young team.

I will say Coach Smith being called out running a City Series track meet wearing hoban apparel isn't fake news.
Also you statement about St Ed's being a very young team is false. Max Preps 2016 roster had 38 seniors and 36 Juniors listed. 90 plus on the roster.

Hoban had around 25 seniors and about 25 juniors with about 70 on roster. Which is in line with the size and type of school.

Please do your homework before spreading fake news.
Old 07-11-17, 10:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
That is correct Adolph did not play against Eds. Jabari Taylor did and nobody could stop him all season.

Coaching and discipline won the game. Eds appeared very prepared and disciplined in this game. When you're disciplined, you're usually coached pretty well. That includes being fundamentally sound. Eds had kids playing when it was their second time ever starting. Eds shut down the air game which caused hoban to rely on the ground game. Eds coaches were even quoted as Hoban being the most talented team in the state. So that's not just me saying it.
Listening to you describe poor St Ed's and their lack of talent and experience makes me feel sorry for them. That's laughable. Most of those kids don't play until they are juniors or seniors because they have so much talent. Over 100 kids that are juniors and seniors according to posters from the St Ed's thread which you are very much involved with. They have usually 2-3 freshman teams and 2 JV teams. They have more talent too to bottom than Hoban has ever had. Returning starters???? Hoban had probably 6 on offense and 6 on defense.

I do not deny that St Ed's had a great coaching talent. They do. They also have a ton of talented players to go with it. And facilities and money and on and on. Hoban is also blessed with much of the same only at a smaller level. To deny that is not being objective.

Good night
Old 07-12-17, 12:06 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Class of 2018 Hoban Class of 2019 Toss Up Irish has nearly 30 players in this class. Knights certainly not superior. Class 2020 Irish Skills are legit and Deep. 2021 Unknown but the Irish have assembled an impressive Class. Let the games befin😉
Old 07-12-17, 06:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
On paper hoban should of blown them out. Did you read the link I posted?
Talent and brute force doesn't win games...maybe in D3 it does.
So you are saying that on paper Hoban D3 should have blown out D1 powerhouse St Ed's? St Ed's having 3-4 times the enrollment of boys, the best coaching staff according to you in the history of Ohio high school football?

You would be the only person in the state of Ohio or anywhere else that would say that. Read the St Ed's thread on football and elsewhere. And why is that? Because you are not objective. You are biased and angry at Hoban having any success yet alone 2 State chips.

St Ed's should never lose to anyone 2 classes below them. No one had Hoban picked to win yet they pushed St Ed's all around the field, and except for the plays previously listed they would have won. Don't show me links to articles on coaching. We don't need to see that. If you know anything about football and competition you don't need a paper to identify good coaching. Both teams have it, both teams are talented and St Ed's won because of a couple of plays. Nothing more, nothing less. Hoban did not complain or make excuses. But won 14 straight and it's second state chip. What did Ed's do? Got blown out by IGGY

Where was the coaching then?