Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-29-17, 09:28 AM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Danny Clark was over hyped as is the Hoban QB issue. Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys. Clark, nor any of the recent Hoban QBs would have started at Dublin!
Old 08-29-17, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Cougar22 is very sensative about the topic since he is one of those that dont check many of those boxes. And he is rah-rah since all has worked out very well for his son. Why should he be concerned with the experience of others when all is peaches and cream for his family.
I wasn't so much concerned with his background as a Hoban parent or his undying pro-Hoban football stance. I was more concerned with his equating 2020's simple background statement as a traditional Hoban parent as some type of elitist/exclusionary position.
Old 08-29-17, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Danny Clark was over hyped as is the Hoban QB issue. Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys. Clark, nor any of the recent Hoban QBs would have started at Dublin!
Danny Clark would have fit in very well at Coffman. He was used to short playoff runs from his time at Massillon.
Old 08-29-17, 09:50 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You don't watch much football do you son?
Old 08-29-17, 01:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
You don't watch much football do you son?
I watch a lot of football. Clark had to drop down to D3 Hoban where he competed. Dublin Coffman in the OCC which is consistently a powerhouse at the D1 level, just keeps churning out QB's like Hoak, both Stout boys and Brady Quinn. Granted, none have yet to be a force in the NCAA with the exception of Quinn, but they all went to major D1 programs as high profiled QB's.

Clark has done some good things. But looking at the stats and at the division level he played, at best he is a good high school QB. I would bet a steak dinner right now that with Hoak and Clark both at UK, Hoak will be the guy before Clark.

Nothing against Clark - I am just all OCC.
Old 08-29-17, 01:32 PM
All World

Quote:
I watch a lot of football. Clark had to drop down to D3 Hoban where he competed. Dublin Coffman in the OCC which is consistently a powerhouse at the D1 level, just keeps churning out QB's like Hoak, both Stout boys and Brady Quinn. Granted, none have yet to be a force in the NCAA with the exception of Quinn, but they all went to major D1 programs as high profiled QB's.

Clark has done some good things. But looking at the stats and at the division level he played, at best he is a good high school QB. I would bet a steak dinner right now that with Hoak and Clark both at UK, Hoak will be the guy before Clark.

It's a bet.
Old 08-29-17, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
It's a bet.
Why did you have to call me out on this??? lol

Ponderosa, Outback, or Ruth's Chris my friend?
Old 08-29-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Glad to see you get behind your team and Dublin has a nice program, but I would not consider them a powerhouse. I consider perennial state contenders and state champions powerhouses, i.e. Ignatius, Ed's, Moeller, Xavier...
Old 08-29-17, 01:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Glad to see you get behind your team and Dublin has a nice program, but I would not consider them a powerhouse. I consider perennial state contenders and state champions powerhouses, i.e. Ignatius, Ed's, Moeller, Xavier...
Agreed. I have been antsy for quite a few years now. We do so well, and somehow have miscues that I did not expect.

We get a lot of dates, just can't make it to the big dance lol!
Old 08-29-17, 02:03 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys.
Except for the times when they try another approach:

Quote:
On September 16, 2016, the OHSAA Office issued penalties following the school districtís self-reported
violation of Bylaw 4-9-4, Recruiting, by Dublin Coffman High Schoolís head football coach. At this meeting,
representatives from the Dublin City Schools and Coffman High School appealed the penalties and were
represented by the districtís Chief Operating Officer Brion Deitsch; Coffman Principal Mike Ulring; Coffman
Athletic Administrator Duane Sheldon; Coffman Head Football Coach Mark Crabtree; Coffman Assistant
Football coach Brian Thomas, and Attorney Daniel Lautar.

Motion by Tony Deem, second by Tom Martin to deny the appeal (all sanctions shall remain), but, based
on additional information presented, modify the penalty for Coach Mark Crabtree in that he shall remain
suspended for the first two (2) postseason contests of the 2016 football tournament, should Coffman qualify
and advance, and add a sanction that the school continue to provide education to all coaching staff
in both written and face-to-face communication regarding the recruiting bylaw, with the district providing
a written summary of these education efforts to the OHSAA compliance staff.

Motion passed 9-0.
Old 08-29-17, 02:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Glad to see you get behind your team and Dublin has a nice program, but I would not consider them a powerhouse.
That's not very nice. They've loaned out their stadium for other teams to play semifinal games six times.
Old 08-29-17, 02:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
We think it's trying to be turned into a football factory and I'd venture that a fair share of the students would echo those opinions.
Outsiders from across the state would also echo that opinion. It's hard for private supporters to honestly say "we don't recruit football players" when there's a parenthetical "as well as Hoban does" that the detractors can employ without much further argument.
Old 08-29-17, 02:41 PM
All World

Quote:
Why did you have to call me out on this??? lol

Ponderosa, Outback, or Ruth's Chris my friend?
Ah you've set you sights way too low my friend. I will fly in and you will meet me in Cincinnati to visit Jeff Ruby's. Top five of all time in my opinion. Although it's been some years since I've been there. But anyone that kicks scumbag OJ out of his establishment has my business.
Old 08-29-17, 05:56 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
What are the chances we see the Senior this year at QB?
Old 08-31-17, 08:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Ah you've set you sights way too low my friend. I will fly in and you will meet me in Cincinnati to visit Jeff Ruby's. Top five of all time in my opinion. Although it's been some years since I've been there. But anyone that kicks scumbag OJ out of his establishment has my business.
Any place recommended is good with me. It is nice to have some good banter and make some good friends on here. Too often it can get brutal between people lol.
Old 08-31-17, 10:02 AM
All World

Quote:
Any place recommended is good with me. It is nice to have some good banter and make some good friends on here. Too often it can get brutal between people lol.
It gets WAY too brutal. I was just trading PMs with one of my nemesis' on here and we were both actually saying that people on here take this crap WAY too seriously. It's freaking high school football for God's sake.
Old 08-31-17, 10:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
It gets WAY too brutal. I was just trading PMs with one of my nemesis' on here and we were both actually saying that people on here take this crap WAY too seriously. It's freaking high school football for God's sake.
Absolutely!
Old 08-31-17, 04:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Aaaahhhhhhhh, to hell with you friendly folks! This stuff is life and death!