Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 08-29-17, 09:28 AM
OCC GUY OCC GUY is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-04-16
Location: Dublin
Posts: 639
OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Danny Clark was over hyped as is the Hoban QB issue. Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys. Clark, nor any of the recent Hoban QBs would have started at Dublin!
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 08-29-17, 09:44 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,020
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Cougar22 is very sensative about the topic since he is one of those that dont check many of those boxes. And he is rah-rah since all has worked out very well for his son. Why should he be concerned with the experience of others when all is peaches and cream for his family.
I wasn't so much concerned with his background as a Hoban parent or his undying pro-Hoban football stance. I was more concerned with his equating 2020's simple background statement as a traditional Hoban parent as some type of elitist/exclusionary position.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 08-29-17, 09:48 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,020
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Danny Clark was over hyped as is the Hoban QB issue. Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys. Clark, nor any of the recent Hoban QBs would have started at Dublin!
Danny Clark would have fit in very well at Coffman. He was used to short playoff runs from his time at Massillon.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 08-29-17, 09:50 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,167
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Danny Clark was over hyped as is the Hoban QB issue. Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys. Clark, nor any of the recent Hoban QBs would have started at Dublin!
You don't watch much football do you son?
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 08-29-17, 01:00 PM
OCC GUY OCC GUY is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-04-16
Location: Dublin
Posts: 639
OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
You don't watch much football do you son?
I watch a lot of football. Clark had to drop down to D3 Hoban where he competed. Dublin Coffman in the OCC which is consistently a powerhouse at the D1 level, just keeps churning out QB's like Hoak, both Stout boys and Brady Quinn. Granted, none have yet to be a force in the NCAA with the exception of Quinn, but they all went to major D1 programs as high profiled QB's.

Clark has done some good things. But looking at the stats and at the division level he played, at best he is a good high school QB. I would bet a steak dinner right now that with Hoak and Clark both at UK, Hoak will be the guy before Clark.

Nothing against Clark - I am just all OCC.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 08-29-17, 01:32 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,167
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
I watch a lot of football. Clark had to drop down to D3 Hoban where he competed. Dublin Coffman in the OCC which is consistently a powerhouse at the D1 level, just keeps churning out QB's like Hoak, both Stout boys and Brady Quinn. Granted, none have yet to be a force in the NCAA with the exception of Quinn, but they all went to major D1 programs as high profiled QB's.

Clark has done some good things. But looking at the stats and at the division level he played, at best he is a good high school QB. I would bet a steak dinner right now that with Hoak and Clark both at UK, Hoak will be the guy before Clark.

Nothing against Clark - I am just all OCC.
It's a bet.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 08-29-17, 01:34 PM
OCC GUY OCC GUY is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-04-16
Location: Dublin
Posts: 639
OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
It's a bet.
Why did you have to call me out on this??? lol

Ponderosa, Outback, or Ruth's Chris my friend?
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 08-29-17, 01:39 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,020
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
I watch a lot of football. Clark had to drop down to D3 Hoban where he competed. Dublin Coffman in the OCC which is consistently a powerhouse at the D1 level, just keeps churning out QB's like Hoak, both Stout boys and Brady Quinn. Granted, none have yet to be a force in the NCAA with the exception of Quinn, but they all went to major D1 programs as high profiled QB's.

Clark has done some good things. But looking at the stats and at the division level he played, at best he is a good high school QB. I would bet a steak dinner right now that with Hoak and Clark both at UK, Hoak will be the guy before Clark.

Nothing against Clark - I am just all OCC.
Glad to see you get behind your team and Dublin has a nice program, but I would not consider them a powerhouse. I consider perennial state contenders and state champions powerhouses, i.e. Ignatius, Ed's, Moeller, Xavier...
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 08-29-17, 01:46 PM
OCC GUY OCC GUY is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-04-16
Location: Dublin
Posts: 639
OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Glad to see you get behind your team and Dublin has a nice program, but I would not consider them a powerhouse. I consider perennial state contenders and state champions powerhouses, i.e. Ignatius, Ed's, Moeller, Xavier...
Agreed. I have been antsy for quite a few years now. We do so well, and somehow have miscues that I did not expect.

We get a lot of dates, just can't make it to the big dance lol!
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 08-29-17, 02:03 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,958
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Dublin Coffman reloads from hometown boys.
Except for the times when they try another approach:

Quote:
On September 16, 2016, the OHSAA Office issued penalties following the school districtís self-reported
violation of Bylaw 4-9-4, Recruiting, by Dublin Coffman High Schoolís head football coach. At this meeting,
representatives from the Dublin City Schools and Coffman High School appealed the penalties and were
represented by the districtís Chief Operating Officer Brion Deitsch; Coffman Principal Mike Ulring; Coffman
Athletic Administrator Duane Sheldon; Coffman Head Football Coach Mark Crabtree; Coffman Assistant
Football coach Brian Thomas, and Attorney Daniel Lautar.

Motion by Tony Deem, second by Tom Martin to deny the appeal (all sanctions shall remain), but, based
on additional information presented, modify the penalty for Coach Mark Crabtree in that he shall remain
suspended for the first two (2) postseason contests of the 2016 football tournament, should Coffman qualify
and advance, and add a sanction that the school continue to provide education to all coaching staff
in both written and face-to-face communication regarding the recruiting bylaw, with the district providing
a written summary of these education efforts to the OHSAA compliance staff.

Motion passed 9-0.
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 08-29-17, 02:07 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,958
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Glad to see you get behind your team and Dublin has a nice program, but I would not consider them a powerhouse.
That's not very nice. They've loaned out their stadium for other teams to play semifinal games six times.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 08-29-17, 02:24 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,958
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
We think it's trying to be turned into a football factory and I'd venture that a fair share of the students would echo those opinions.
Outsiders from across the state would also echo that opinion. It's hard for private supporters to honestly say "we don't recruit football players" when there's a parenthetical "as well as Hoban does" that the detractors can employ without much further argument.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 08-29-17, 02:41 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,167
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Why did you have to call me out on this??? lol

Ponderosa, Outback, or Ruth's Chris my friend?
Ah you've set you sights way too low my friend. I will fly in and you will meet me in Cincinnati to visit Jeff Ruby's. Top five of all time in my opinion. Although it's been some years since I've been there. But anyone that kicks scumbag OJ out of his establishment has my business.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 08-29-17, 05:56 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 537
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
What are the chances we see the Senior this year at QB?
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 08-31-17, 08:47 AM
OCC GUY OCC GUY is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-04-16
Location: Dublin
Posts: 639
OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Ah you've set you sights way too low my friend. I will fly in and you will meet me in Cincinnati to visit Jeff Ruby's. Top five of all time in my opinion. Although it's been some years since I've been there. But anyone that kicks scumbag OJ out of his establishment has my business.
Any place recommended is good with me. It is nice to have some good banter and make some good friends on here. Too often it can get brutal between people lol.
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 08-31-17, 10:02 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,167
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Any place recommended is good with me. It is nice to have some good banter and make some good friends on here. Too often it can get brutal between people lol.
It gets WAY too brutal. I was just trading PMs with one of my nemesis' on here and we were both actually saying that people on here take this crap WAY too seriously. It's freaking high school football for God's sake.
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 08-31-17, 10:26 AM
OCC GUY OCC GUY is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-04-16
Location: Dublin
Posts: 639
OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
It gets WAY too brutal. I was just trading PMs with one of my nemesis' on here and we were both actually saying that people on here take this crap WAY too seriously. It's freaking high school football for God's sake.
Absolutely!
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 08-31-17, 04:32 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,020
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
It gets WAY too brutal. I was just trading PMs with one of my nemesis' on here and we were both actually saying that people on here take this crap WAY too seriously. It's freaking high school football for God's sake.
Aaaahhhhhhhh, to hell with you friendly folks! This stuff is life and death!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Archives 32 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Fenwick Duals December 27th-28th 2017 CoachCoffey Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 17 10-22-17 04:50 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 0 05-15-17 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz