Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-02-17, 07:37 AM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Yes Wayne turning it over MULTIPLE TIMES and giving up TWO big plays on fake punts was brutal , even PC fans admit Wayne had the better club last year , but just one of those nights happened to Wayne when a ton of things went wrong .

Wayne is at a different level in terms of sheer material than most CO schools, better demo's for sure than most IN THE REGION { of course PC has that very good football demo as well , for a contrast Dublin Coffman has about a 20 percent Asian, Indian school population getting very very few players from that segment} and a real commitment of course and hard work goes into it as well and coaching and community support . PC Wayne is likely again , another closed game I believe even if you think PC has a slight edge at least pre-season thoughts wise.

PC has a new QB that is one edge Wayne may have with a bit more experience and professional High school receiver Smith back again is a nice place to start on offense anyway . Don't see anyone else that matches up with either of these two this year in R-3 .
What does "better demo's for sure" mean? What makes a good or bad demographic? Wayne's demo looks nothing like the two teams that played in the state championship. Interesting code at work here, although not accurate. At all.

Coffman fans crack me up. Im a fan of all of the teams in Columbus. Coffman fans are the funniest. I think most of them actually believe the bullsheet they shovel out.
Old 06-02-17, 04:29 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Um what may be the difference between Wayne and the two teams that played for the title? ummm Even your room temperature IQ may be able to figure that one out . Are you being serious here or are you still unaware that may be the Schools that can draw from a larger geographic area just happen to win the lion's share of the title's ?

I have never mentioned Demo's in Catholic schools , although Hartley's seems to be changing a bit , just a coincidence I suppose that they have had their best run lately ?

No code , you can make it what you want to, nothing funny about what I said , so exactly what is the Bulsheet I shoveled ? Explain in detail if you can .

Wayne a nice mix of athletes , as does PC, I think the smarter sect can figure out what I mean. They are public schools, demo's can be a factor sometimes. Nothing code racist or anything else sinister about it , and nothing wrong with saying that Coffman having almost a quarter of it's students demo's suggesting that they are unlikely to play football .
Old 06-02-17, 04:33 PM
All American

Breaking news, this just in :::

Communities with the highest percentage of college graduates { Which is a demo} have kids who have higher ACT scores and go to better colleges . Oh and they make a bit more money .
Old 06-02-17, 05:01 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes Wayne turning it over MULTIPLE TIMES and giving up TWO big plays on fake punts was brutal , even PC fans admit Wayne had the better club last year , but just one of those nights happened to Wayne when a ton of things went wrong .

Wayne is at a different level in terms of sheer material than most CO schools, better demo's for sure than most IN THE REGION { of course PC has that very good football demo as well , for a contrast Dublin Coffman has about a 20 percent Asian, Indian school population getting very very few players from that segment} and a real commitment of course and hard work goes into it as well and coaching and community support . PC Wayne is likely again , another closed game I believe even if you think PC has a slight edge at least pre-season thoughts wise.

PC has a new QB that is one edge Wayne may have with a bit more experience and professional High school receiver Smith back again is a nice place to start on offense anyway . Don't see anyone else that matches up with either of these two this year in R-3 .
Pickerington is a fast growing area where middle class black families have moved. Pickerington has the same demographics as Huber Wayne. Per student, Pickerington is producing big numbers of D1 recruits in all sports
Old 06-02-17, 05:27 PM
All American

Yes they are , hoops and football and some other sports . I do look for these two to meet again , not only because of their demo's of course because you need more than that , more than speed size and talent, you need a program and solid coaching , and both have that and good community support .
Old 06-03-17, 02:46 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumper View Post
Coffman finally unravelled the running attack. Teams will use what Coffman did to them in the playoffs, and copy.
One game does not a trend make....
Old 06-03-17, 05:45 PM
All American

Davidson will have a weaker running game this year , I think their defesne will be pretty solid but offensively? Not seeing it .

I don't think he meant it was now suddenly a trend , Davidson not being able to move the ball at all that is in that one game,. but rather Coffman if you know what they usually do and how they line up against Davidson , made some adjustments that confused the blocking schemes , and Davidson never adjusted to it , instead just kept running into the same clogged holes and gaps all night long .

The scheme in that game was only part of the equation, Rocks played with a lot more emotion after laying an egg in game one , they knew they had better personnel and stunk the joint out in week 8 , played much better and with more fire and actually pushed the ball downfield this game and it paid off .

I think Scrump is correct though , there will be some D-Coordinators may be taking a look at Davidson's very low offensive output that game { May be a look at Liberty's defensive effort against them as well } and look at how they lined up , moved pre-snap and post snap and see if it's something they may be able to do.

Speaking of Demo's was at the Sells - Weaver dual track meet, Weaver had some really athletic fast athletes, more than I have seen ever really , demo wasn't very " Weaver like" lets say , very impressive team.
Old 06-03-17, 05:54 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHM View Post
All divisions. All Leagues

1. Pickerington Central
2. Desales
3. Hartley
4. Westerville Central
5. Olentangy Orange
6. Hilliard Bradley
7. Olentangy Liberty
8. Upper Arlington
9. Lancaster
10. Coffman
Uh when 2 D3 teams are that high in the Columbus top ten, it tells me other than Pick Central D1 teams in Columbus must be really down this season.
Old 06-03-17, 06:58 PM
All American

Umm if the two D-3 teams were publics it may mean that perhaps, but the level of players those small tiny D-3 teams that get players from various communities as opposed to some D-1 schools get theirs from a handful of sub divisions in one community do it's not a real testimony of weakness. ?

Those opinions are not an indictment of the weakness of CO D-1 publics, but rather a realization that DeSales and Hartley are increasing their talent level and the programs are currently very strong .
Old 06-03-17, 07:04 PM
All American

Now that particular ranking s not that accurate save the two top teams , after that it's not a great list , poster clearly doesn't have the knowledge of the landscape, he started the thread which is good, but his contributions after that? the opinions after that initial list are more accurate
Old 06-04-17, 07:18 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh when 2 D3 teams are that high in the Columbus top ten, it tells me other than Pick Central D1 teams in Columbus must be really down this season.
Pickerington Central and the winner of Hartley/desales are the only teams that have a shot to play in the state championship.

Time will tell if I'm right in my rankings. I'm not emotionally invested into any of these teams so I've tried to look at them with a critical eye. We will see as the season progresses.
Old 06-04-17, 09:57 AM
All American

The rest of us were ranking the teams by our opinion of their strength , you were ranking them on whether they can play for a state championship or have the best shot to do so?

Westy Central ? Lancaster ? , again we aren';t ranking them by how far they may go in the play-offs in their respective divisions, rather by how good the teams are, so your methodology which you never made clear until now wasn't noted. because Hartely certainly is NOT BETTER THAN EVERY D-1 school in CO outside of Pick Central , a handful of D-1 teams beat them no question about that . They are closer to them than they were 5 years ago perhaps but the level of talent that has been walking into that building has increased certainly .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 06-04-17 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-04-17, 12:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
The rest of us were ranking the teams by our opinion of their strength , you were ranking them on whether they can play for a state championship or have the best shot to do so?

Westy Central ? Lancaster ? , again we aren';t ranking them by how far they may go in the play-offs in their respective divisions, rather by how good the teams are, so your methodology which you never made clear until now wasn't noted. because Hartely certainly is NOT BETTER THAN EVERY D-1 school in CO outside of Pick Central , a handful of D-1 teams beat them no question about that . They are closer to them than they were 5 years ago perhaps but the level of talent that has been walking into that building has increased certainly .
We will see soon enough!
Old 06-04-17, 03:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Davidson will have a weaker running game this year , I think their defesne will be pretty solid but offensively? Not seeing it .

I don't think he meant it was now suddenly a trend , Davidson not being able to move the ball at all that is in that one game,. but rather Coffman if you know what they usually do and how they line up against Davidson , made some adjustments that confused the blocking schemes , and Davidson never adjusted to it , instead just kept running into the same clogged holes and gaps all night long .

The scheme in that game was only part of the equation, Rocks played with a lot more emotion after laying an egg in game one , they knew they had better personnel and stunk the joint out in week 8 , played much better and with more fire and actually pushed the ball downfield this game and it paid off .

I think Scrump is correct though , there will be some D-Coordinators may be taking a look at Davidson's very low offensive output that game { May be a look at Liberty's defensive effort against them as well } and look at how they lined up , moved pre-snap and post snap and see if it's something they may be able to do.

Speaking of Demo's was at the Sells - Weaver dual track meet, Weaver had some really athletic fast athletes, more than I have seen ever really , demo wasn't very " Weaver like" lets say , very impressive team.
Sorry Stiv. Re-read Scrmp's post and there is no other way to take it than it was saying that Coffman "cracked the code" . There was no qualifier offered that it was true so long as Davidson has a weak running game ( as it is suggested that they will this year).

What Coffman did to Davidson last year was impressive, but it was no more stifling than what Pick Central did to Davidson in 2011 or Pick North did in 2012. The suggestion that coaches are now suddenly going to pour over tape from the Coffman/Davidson game last season and now be able to stop them because of it is pretty silly.
Old 06-04-17, 06:15 PM
All American

Cracked the code might be too strong, semantics? I don't think anyone's going to pour over tape of Coffman or Liberty's defensive effort vs Davidson in last years games, although it is true that Coffman did in fact tweak a few things where in the first game they gave up a few large gains that hurt them , they did a good job most of the night in game one, but did get gashed at times .

Game two ? Davidson had trouble making any first downs at all for most of the night , so there is something to the alignment that I would look at perhaps , why wouldn't you?

How often has Davidson in the last decade plus had that small an output? Now Yes that Pick C and Pick North games was a shutdown as well , no question but in the Pick C game Davidson was simply not able to block Pick C from a personnel standpoint.

In the Pick North game , they did move it better than they did against Pick C in the game you pointed out and the Coffman game in the play-offs but were really slowed, but Jennings was hurt and that Davidson team was not a real REGIONAL FINALIST PERSONNEL WISE, they just weren't , they beat Coffman 17-14 in the rematch after getting waxed and beaten up 33-10 , with a + 4 turnover margin with their only scores coming after getting the ball deep in Coffman territory .

Coffman had lost to that team then changed alignment , so it';s something more than just personnel advantages which Pick C had in spades like Men vs Boys really that year and Pick North game was similar but not as dominant as PC was.

Coffman is soft right ? So last year wasn't it scheme more than anything because wew all know man on man Davidson is always much tougher ?
Old 06-04-17, 06:28 PM
All American

Also saying Crack the code didn't suggest that Davidson HAD NEVER BEEN STOPPED.

Of course they have , last year they racked up big yardage games against some good teams , and ran roughshod over mediocre ones. The Coffman game one they did well , probably overachieved and Coffman wasn't sharp and didn't play to their potential , game two they ahd emotion advantages , Davidson does well against Coffman in game two's when they lose the regular season game, White pushes the right buttons , they have revenge and redemption motives, when the won game one this year playing pretty close to as well as they possibly could , he had no buttons to push .

So scheme and alignment adjustment and stronger emotion and incentive, along with a couple Davidson turnovers resulting in 10 Coffman points equaled an easy pretty dominant win.

While I do believe Davidson will have good teams in the future and that no code was cracked , I get Scrumper's point as it pertains to this upcoming season , because if I was a D-Coordinator and saw that Coffman shut them down like that after not doing as good a job in the same season { Which would suggest that it wasn't a large personnel gap} I would take a look at it .

I Think whether or not 2017 opponents look at the Coffman tape or any other tape at all , most teams on Davidson schedule will have a good chance of competing against this years edition of the Davidson offense . I do think as I said that at some point Davidson defense will be solid and a very tough out as usual .
Old 06-04-17, 11:46 PM
All District

ELMIKE2K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Those 2 D3 schools are private and they can play with most D1 teams in the state.
Old 06-05-17, 05:28 AM
All American

'Most " of us understand this , but to some private supporters there is apparently no advantage at al to being able to draw from a larger area, they win the majority of the titles because they are better people .
Old 06-05-17, 10:41 AM
All World

Quote:
Coffman is soft right ? So last year wasn't it scheme more than anything because wew all know man on man Davidson is always much tougher ?
This is the epitome of a Strawman argument Stiv. And a very weak one at that.

Attacking a statement no one made is easier than defending a largely indefensible statement by a Coffman backer. #pureweaksauce
Old 06-05-17, 11:16 AM
All American

Wow really touchy not sure why, Soft statement was a throwaway line, I am really not arguing, nothing to argue really , thought I made some good valid points actually, have a good day sir
Old 06-05-17, 11:33 AM
All American

Indefensible? Why so emotional about " Cracking the code" ? The " SOFT" part about Coffman ahs been hammered for years , so I tossed that in not as an argument to defend anything , I just don't think a fan using a phrase like that is a huge deal or needs to be strongly attacked , but that's you I guess , a fierce protector of the Davidson program for some reason .

You are right , I realize that was a throwaway line made to tweak the posters who have called Coffman weak and soft and Puzzies for years , I realize in this case you didn't say that , good grief , man you need to lighten up , you have all season to defend the 6-4 at best Davidson wildcats
Old 06-05-17, 12:52 PM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
Still wonder how Davidson will play on the turf. Home field advantage will be much less in favor of Davidson. That field by mid season was pretty torn up.
I still hold that the adjustments that Coffman made between games 1 and 2 were the difference in the game. And will be reviewed by defensive coodinators looking for some insight into how Coffman did it.
I was a little harsh on my 0.500 prediction for Davidson. Maybe 6-4. The coaches do get the most out of the "WAR ROOM" BY mid season.
Will not doubt that Davidson also finds their way to R2 tomorrow.
Old 06-06-17, 09:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Wow really touchy
You're the one who routinely uses 2 posts to reply 1 post and I'm the "touchy" one? That's rich. I merely questioned why you used statements which weren't made in order to defend a statement that was.

And, for the record, Davidson doesn't need my defending. Their rings and banners speak for themselves. Though I do now know that the rivalry has for ever changed and Coffman will never again lose to Davidson because they have "unraveled the running game".
Old 06-06-17, 11:04 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Though I do now know that the rivalry has for ever changed and Coffman will never again lose to Davidson because they have "unraveled the running game".
Unless Coffman has an uncharacteristically off night where the guys are completely and totally not soft.
Old 06-06-17, 11:05 AM
All American

Nor weak. Could just be some puzzling game decisions to not throw the ball enough though.
Old 06-06-17, 11:57 AM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumper View Post
Still wonder how Davidson will play on the turf. Home field advantage will be much less in favor of Davidson. That field by mid season was pretty torn up.
I still hold that the adjustments that Coffman made between games 1 and 2 were the difference in the game. And will be reviewed by defensive coodinators looking for some insight into how Coffman did it.
I was a little harsh on my 0.500 prediction for Davidson. Maybe 6-4. The coaches do get the most out of the "WAR ROOM" BY mid season.
Will not doubt that Davidson also finds their way to R2 tomorrow.
I really think that this year Davidson will resemble that 2014 team that went 6-4.Not a good year. Very inexperienced in the offensive backfield for sure.Not sure who is going to play QB. The kid who was penciled in to be the starter this year I heard quit the team last year.As far as the turf goes,Davidson does not have their classic go to back but I did notice in limited play last year a couple of very fast JV backs who could benefit from the field turf.They may try to get the RB's to the edge more this year versus years past.Maybe they put Nonso at power running back this year.Big kid who played RB at JV level who has been playing DL at varsity.He was hurt the first game last year and never returned.Not sure if the DL can spare him though.
Old 06-06-17, 12:07 PM
All American

Quote:
both have that and good community support .
Not sure about Wayne, but the Pickerington community just voted 64-36 against getting the teams turf.
Old 06-06-17, 12:50 PM
All Ohio

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Not sure about Wayne, but the Pickerington community just voted 64-36 against getting the teams turf.
And rightfully so. It was a bad ballot issue to begin with.
Old 06-06-17, 01:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
And rightfully so. It was a bad ballot issue to begin with.
You didn't like "please give us an extra $3.5 million per year to do 'capital projects' that we aren't going to list in detail because they might include nothing but sports things?"
Old 06-07-17, 12:52 AM
All Ohio

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
You didn't like "please give us an extra $3.5 million per year to do 'capital projects' that we aren't going to list in detail because they might include nothing but sports things?"
The permanent addition of $105 to every $100,000 in home value annually made the boat tough to jump on. The fact that none of the proposed innovations and projects were going to benefit the majority of students gave me pause.

Use to be a very proud district, one the better ones in Central Ohio. Now it's middle of the road by many measures. The only kids clamoring to get into Pickerington are kids for sports. Saw that PN just got transfers from Wayne and Knox County for roundball, though.