Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-20-17, 04:57 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
SW Ohio is such a tough place for a school like Edgewood. Wants to be good, wants to play a competitive league schedule but there just isn't a good league. The SWBL is highly unlikely, when Massie and Wilmington approached them about expansion... they shut it down pretty quick. The SWOC isn't a terrible league but I see why a school like Edgewood would want out. In all reality, there just isn't a viable option at this point...best thing is for the lower programs to work to improve themselves to make the conference more competitive.
Uh competition wise, this league is as good as any non-D1 league in SW Ohio. The SWOC champion has lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion the last 4 seasons. Not to bad. Doubt any league in the state has done that.
Old 05-20-17, 06:51 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius11 View Post
Well one of the reasons why Ross couldn't play a freshman and a jv game is because they don't have the numbers the should have. These past 4 years there has been around 30 kids in each class that didn't play football in high school because they didn't like the coaching staff. That's all changing this year. And Edgewood played mostly freshman on offense but the defense was all JV and it was noticeable because they were wearing varsity uniforms I saw it with my own eyes I was there. While our offense was all freshman kids ...
Uh you would've got killed in an all freshmen game, and you would've got killed in just a JV game. Uh have you seen the pattern yet? Ross has never had 30 kids a class, even in the Dick Ballard years, who by the way is a great football coach. The soccer moms got Ballard, who lobbied for years to upgrade the Ross football facilities which are 1950 style. Ross school board decided years ago football does not matter and so you have facilities that date to Knute Rockne.
Old 05-20-17, 06:55 PM
Junior Varsity

Genius11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh you would've got killed in an all freshmen game, and you would've got killed in just a JV game. Uh have you seen the pattern yet? Ross has never had 30 kids a class, even in the Dick Ballard years, who by the way is a great football coach. The soccer moms got Ballard, who lobbied for years to upgrade the Ross football facilities which are 1950 style. Ross school board decided years ago football does not matter and so you have facilities that date to Knute Rockne.

Ross has practically a brand new school board compared to 5 years ago, and they are already making plans to get a new locker room, stadium, and weight room. New Nike uniforms have already been purchased for next year. (It's about time)
Old 05-20-17, 06:58 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Ross has practically a brand new school board compared to 5 years ago, and they are already making plans to get a new locker room, stadium, and weight room. New Nike uniforms have already been purchased for next year. (It's about time)
Uh wow, I only hope that is true. Sorry I will believe it when I see it. You are right, it is about time.If you guys are smart, you will build everything and beg Dick Ballard to come back.
Old 05-20-17, 06:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Genius11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh wow, I only hope that is true. Sorry I will believe it when I see it. You are right, it is about time.If you guys are smart, you will build everything and beg Dick Ballard to come back.

He's always around, actually coaches boys tennis and subs at Ross just to pass time, but I think his years as a football coach are sadly over.
Old 05-20-17, 07:00 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
He's always around, actually coaches boys tennis and subs at Ross just to pass time, but I think his years as a football coach are sadly over.
Uh Ballard got more out of less and that is a sign of a great coach.
Old 05-23-17, 03:26 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
It was a 50/50 mix the entire game on both sides of the ball and many JV players in other positions to offer more opportunities for a greater number of players to get time. If it was JV on JV or fresh on fresh Ross would have been destroyed. Hell, the Edgewood coaches tried to gift you a quarter by playing an entire what would be fourth string in the end.
But heh, your white pullover wearin, sun hat sporting useless Urban wanna be sure did whine it up.
I know. I WAS RUNNING THE CHAINS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh the good thing is , you can plug Edgewood kids in at any grade level and they all know their assignments and who they are supposed to block on offense and defense. Says a lot about the coach and his staff at Edgewood.
Old 05-24-17, 07:55 AM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh competition wise, this league is as good as any non-D1 league in SW Ohio. The SWOC champion has lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion the last 4 seasons. Not to bad. Doubt any league in the state has done that.
Members of the SWOC lost to the eventual state champion the last four seasons because of geography, not because of the strength of the conference.
Old 05-24-17, 09:56 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
Members of the SWOC lost to the eventual state champion the last four seasons because of geography, not because of the strength of the conference.
Uh nah they lost because when the clock ran out, they had fewer points than the eventual state champion. Glad to help you out.Any other questions? Geography,History,Math,Politics,The Meaning of Life, etc.
Old 05-24-17, 10:07 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Never really thought about that, 3 of last 4 seasons:

2013 Loveland 35-28 vs Mt Healthy (Regional Final)
2014 LaSalle 38-6 vs Mt Healthy (Regional Final)
2016 LaSalle 23-21 vs Edgewood (1st Round)
Old 05-24-17, 10:18 AM
Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Best team won each time. End of story. Next topic?
Old 05-24-17, 11:11 AM
All District

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
I agree with Hose. In my experience, when the time ran out on the clock, the team with the most points won. Did not matter where the teams came from or where the game was played......lol.
Old 05-24-17, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
Never really thought about that, 3 of last 4 seasons:

2013 Loveland 35-28 vs Mt Healthy (Regional Final)
2014 LaSalle 38-6 vs Mt Healthy (Regional Final)
2016 LaSalle 23-21 vs Edgewood (1st Round)
That Mt. Healthy-Loveland game was such a see-saw battle I remember. Winning TD for Loveland came on a fumble recovery at the Owls were driving for the lead and returned about 80 yard with only about a minute left in the game. You can watch it here at about the 37:20 mark:

David Montgomery got hurt late in the game.
Old 05-24-17, 06:57 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
That Mt. Healthy-Loveland game was such a see-saw battle I remember. Winning TD for Loveland came on a fumble recovery at the Owls were driving for the lead and returned about 80 yard with only about a minute left in the game. You can watch it here at about the 37:20 mark:

Uh incredible run for Loveland.Seemed like they were destined to win it all. Game after game they came back to win. Football gods are really unpredictable. You gotta be good and lucky.Lovelands o-line was really good.
Old 05-25-17, 09:38 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post

Its been nearly 4 years and still can't muster up the courage to watch the last 540 of the 4th quarter
Old 05-25-17, 02:38 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Its been nearly 4 years and still can't muster up the courage to watch the last 540 of the 4th quarter
Are you a Mt. Healthy fan? That was a gut punch play.

Don't worry I have plenty of games for my teams like that. It was bad enough watching it live
Old 05-25-17, 02:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh nah they lost because when the clock ran out, they had fewer points than the eventual state champion. Glad to help you out.Any other questions? Geography,History,Math,Politics,The Meaning of Life, etc.
A little contradictory to your previous statement where you implied that the teams geared up for the playoffs by surviving the meatgrinder that is the SWOC...

And if I need to seek help, academic, psychological, or otherwise, from a total stranger on the Interwebs, I'll just play in traffic at the 71/70 interchange during rush hour instead.
Old 05-25-17, 03:26 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
A little contradictory to your previous statement where you implied that the teams geared up for the playoffs by surviving the meatgrinder that is the SWOC...

And if I need to seek help, academic, psychological, or otherwise, from a total stranger on the Interwebs, I'll just play in traffic at the 71/70 interchange during rush hour instead.
Uh didn't "imply" anything, simply stated facts. "Meatgrinder" I like that " geared up" sounds like preparations for a long trek.Kinda like that too. Uh playing in traffic probably is not a very good idea.Have you seen the average driver in action?
Old 05-25-17, 07:34 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I think Loveland pulled out a miracle the next week against Zanesville. Was watching on TV, I think they we down 2 TDs with 6 minutes to go. Then in the first overtime they converted a 4th and 19 when down 7 and won it in the 2nd OT. I have never seen a team have so many lives.
Old 05-26-17, 01:35 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh Marv, I do believe that was the best Mt Healthy team I have ever seen. Really thought they would win it all. You gotta give it to those Loveland kids, they never gave up all season.
Old 05-26-17, 01:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh didn't "imply" anything, simply stated facts. "Meatgrinder" I like that " geared up" sounds like preparations for a long trek.Kinda like that too. Uh playing in traffic probably is not a very good idea.Have you seen the average driver in action?
Do you believe that the SWOC is a tough football conference?
Old 05-26-17, 05:48 PM
Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
It's all relative. For a mostly rural community based league I think it's tough. But in over all scheme of leagues probably not.
Old 05-27-17, 05:42 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Do you believe that the SWOC is a tough football conference?
Uh,I would say in SW Ohio, GCL South is obviously the best league.GMC is probably #2, and the big school division of the GWOC is #3. I would put the SWOC and ECC just below those three. You could argue the big school division of the SWBL and another division of the GWOC belongs here too.GCL COED, as a league has been down lately,but Alter is a very good team.
Old 05-30-17, 06:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Uh,I would say in SW Ohio, GCL South is obviously the best league.GMC is probably #2, and the big school division of the GWOC is #3. I would put the SWOC and ECC just below those three. You could argue the big school division of the SWBL and another division of the GWOC belongs here too.GCL COED, as a league has been down lately,but Alter is a very good team.
So, no. Saying no would suffice.
Old 05-30-17, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was a yes/no question.
Old 05-30-17, 06:22 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh as in most things in life, yes no is not a reasonable answer. There are very few yes no questions in life. The SWOC is a very good non-D1 league. Could they compete with the big boys in the state? I doubt it. But at their level it is a good competitive league. Having said that, I wish Edgewood would get out of this league as soon as possible.
Old 05-31-17, 09:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Uh as in most things in life, yes no is not a reasonable answer. There are very few yes no questions in life. The SWOC is a very good non-D1 league. Could they compete with the big boys in the state? I doubt it. But at their level it is a good competitive league. Having said that, I wish Edgewood would get out of this league as soon as possible.
We live in a #hottake society where you have to be willing to take a side and defend it. Internet message boards wouldn't exist if we were all here to argue about shades of gray.
Old 05-31-17, 01:54 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
We live in a #hottake society where you have to be willing to take a side and defend it. Internet message boards wouldn't exist if we were all here to argue about shades of gray.
Uh nah we live in a society made up of about 35% of total idiots who cant read and understand anything that wont fit on a bumper sticker.
Old 06-01-17, 08:09 AM
All American

Quote:
Uh nah we live in a society made up of about 35% of total idiots who cant read and understand anything that wont fit on a bumper sticker.
I will agree with this. Our society can seemingly only ingest information at 140 characters at a time anymore.
Old 06-06-17, 06:21 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh Iagree with much of what you say although I disagree about QB. Nick Noble a 3 sport letterman and probably the best athlete on the team will be the QB. Better arm and a better runner.Wade Phillips may surprise a lot of people.Need Hayden to stay on the field and Williams does have a lot of potential. 7 starters back on defense should be our strongsuit. 2 kids playing guard are big nasty kids who can run and are very strong.Offense may come down to finding 2 kids who can play tackle. Games with Franklin and Desales may be shaky, but these kids are capable of competing with all the other teams on the schedule. Evan Brown is getting looks from MAC colleges even though he is just a junior. Kid should have a huge year.Gabbard,Scott,Paulson,and Whiles, are all very good experienced kids on defense.
Uh I really hate to say, but Nick Noble hurt his arm in baseball season and will not be the QB for Edgewood this season. Sad and will hurt this team.