Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-17, 12:25 PM
Freshman

Genius11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Troy Christian took Covington to the wire last year. They are D7 but their coach is the former Troy coach. I am not sure what they have coming back but I wouldn't sleep on that game.

I agree, I don't know what they have coming back either but Troy Christian beat up Northridge pretty bad, and I would compare Northridge to Ross. I know Little Miami beat up on Ross too so I think this could maybe be a decent game. Let me remind you I said maybe.
Old 05-02-17, 12:25 PM
Freshman

SWOFootball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius11 View Post
I wouldn't mind having Franklin come into the swoc if Little Miami were to leave or something in the near future. The Franklin Edgewood rivalry would mean something more than just a win, they would be competing for a conference title. Franklin matches Ross and Talawanda with similar kinds of kids. However it would be a bit of a drive to Northwest and Mt Healthy from there. i just don't agree with Winton Woods maybe coming back into the league, I think when they come back the swoc starts going down hill just like the FAVC did.
I've seen rumors on here that WW is trying to get into the SWOC. Is that really an option AD's are considering??
Old 05-02-17, 12:30 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOFootball1 View Post
I've seen rumors on here that WW is trying to get into the SWOC. Is that really an option AD's are considering??

I could be wrong but as of right now I think it's little more than a rumor. I think this is something that people are trying to get done, and if it happens we should all get pretty used to seeing Winton Woods as swoc champs.
Old 05-02-17, 01:01 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Troy Christian took Covington to the wire last year. They are D7 but their coach is the former Troy coach. I am not sure what they have coming back but I wouldn't sleep on that game.
Oh no, LM can't sleep on anyone. Will be a long trip for us as well. I've never been to a stadium with only one side of stands. That would never happen in the old Piqua\Sidney games. Heck there were cops to make sure we didn't cross to the other side after the game started.
Old 05-02-17, 03:14 PM
All District

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Hopefully Edgewood gets out of this crap conference. I agree with Hose, would love to see a large school division in SWBL; although Edgewood would then be the largest school in the conference and not sure how well the SWBL fields other sports.
Old 05-02-17, 07:29 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
I could be wrong but as of right now I think it's little more than a rumor. I think this is something that people are trying to get done, and if it happens we should all get pretty used to seeing Winton Woods as swoc champs.
Uh Woods plays the same game as all the private schools in Cincinnati. Go get the players you need. Woods competes with the best D1 schools because they play the same game. Kids from North College Hill, Princeton,Northwest, and other Cincinnati school districts somehow end up at Winton Woods.There is a reason the ECC left Woods out, and it has nothing to do with race. If the SWOC has any sense at all they will never let Winton Woods in the league.
Old 05-02-17, 07:39 PM
Freshman

That's one of the reasons why they were kicked from the FAVC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-17, 09:31 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Hopefully Edgewood gets out of this crap conference. I agree with Hose, would love to see a large school division in SWBL; although Edgewood would then be the largest school in the conference and not sure how well the SWBL fields other sports.
If itís a crap conference because of the travel distances, semi-random collection of schools, physical facilities etc. fair enough but if it is crap because of Edgewood's results vs. the competition using the SWOC website info:

Football since SWOC was formed:

2012-2nd out of 8 (5-2)
201 7th out of 8 (1-6)
2014-6th out of 7 (1-5)
15 3rd out of 7 (4-2)
16 1st out of 8 (6-0)

So while they are on the upswing right now with two of their worst years in a long time mixed in, Edgewood is 17-15 in the SWOC overall with just one conference title.

All Sports Trophy

12-13 6 of 8
13-14 6 of 8
14-15 2 of 7
15 5 of 7

16-17 5 of 7 with spring results to be added which should bode well as the baseball, softball and menís tennis have done well. Not sure how they will do in track for boys and girls.

On average 4th overall not counting this school year.
Old 05-03-17, 06:53 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The vote already happened. Winton Woods is not getting into the SWOC.
Old 05-03-17, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
If itís a crap conference because of the travel distances, semi-random collection of schools, physical facilities etc. fair enough but if it is crap because of Edgewood's results vs. the competition using the SWOC website info:

Football since SWOC was formed:

2012-2nd out of 8 (5-2)
201 7th out of 8 (1-6)
2014-6th out of 7 (1-5)
15 3rd out of 7 (4-2)
16 1st out of 8 (6-0)

So while they are on the upswing right now with two of their worst years in a long time mixed in, Edgewood is 17-15 in the SWOC overall with just one conference title.

All Sports Trophy

12-13 6 of 8
13-14 6 of 8
14-15 2 of 7
15 5 of 7

16-17 5 of 7 with spring results to be added which should bode well as the baseball, softball and menís tennis have done well. Not sure how they will do in track for boys and girls.

On average 4th overall not counting this school year.
Uh, nah it is a crap conference because of the irrational, bonehead, league scheduling. You might play a league team away 2 consecutive years.It is a crap conference because many times you will look over at the visiting bleachers and see 50 people for a varsity football game.JV and freshmen almost nobody. It is a crap conference because some teams don't even field teams in some of the varsity sports. It is a crap conference because teams show up for non-varsity games an hour late or not show up at all.
Old 05-03-17, 02:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, nah it is a crap conference because of the irrational, bonehead, league scheduling. You might play a league team away 2 consecutive years.It is a crap conference because many times you will look over at the visiting bleachers and see 50 people for a varsity football game.JV and freshmen almost nobody. It is a crap conference because some teams don't even field teams in some of the varsity sports. It is a crap conference because teams show up for non-varsity games an hour late or not show up at all.
Exactly
Old 05-04-17, 09:45 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Exactly
One of the reason I like the swoc is at almost every football game there's a crowd. Fans travel well in the swoc, if anyone saw the Ross and Harrison game this year it looked like Harrison brought their entire student body. The Edgewood and Northwest game was a packed house too. It creates a good environment.
Old 05-04-17, 10:41 AM
Junior Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Look. The conference is what it is. A group of schools not big enough to join a "major" conference and it is definitely geographically challenged. LM is the travel nightmare for all the other schools. At least 2-3 of the schools have closer rivals/close by schools. Harrison/Ross/Talawanda. NW/Ross. NW/Mt. Maybe even Ross/Edgewood. When push comes to shove most of us moved to this conference because we grew up in it or for better schools with rural living(minus a few schools). If you want big time sports then move to GMC or GCL schools.
Old 05-04-17, 03:27 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper4565 View Post
Look. The conference is what it is. A group of schools not big enough to join a "major" conference and it is definitely geographically challenged. LM is the travel nightmare for all the other schools. At least 2-3 of the schools have closer rivals/close by schools. Harrison/Ross/Talawanda. NW/Ross. NW/Mt. Maybe even Ross/Edgewood. When push comes to shove most of us moved to this conference because we grew up in it or for better schools with rural living(minus a few schools). If you want big time sports then move to GMC or GCL schools.
Yes, we are a travel nightmare but try being LM. Just took me an hour to get to edgewood Monday.
Old 05-04-17, 03:27 PM
All District

The travel doesn't bother me, its the lack of following, so low gate, and inability to field teams (Fresh/JV and some sports Varsity) of each sport.

Not everyone in the conference shows up like Harrison and Edgewood.
Old 05-04-17, 04:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The travel doesn't bother me, its the lack of following, so low gate, and inability to field teams (Fresh/JV and some sports Varsity) of each sport.

Not everyone in the conference shows up like Harrison and Edgewood.
Uh exactly
Old 05-15-17, 07:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
One of the reason I like the swoc is at almost every football game there's a crowd. Fans travel well in the swoc, if anyone saw the Ross and Harrison game this year it looked like Harrison brought their entire student body. The Edgewood and Northwest game was a packed house too. It creates a good environment.
Uh dude I don't know what league you are watching, but I was at every Edgewood game this season, Freshmen, JV, and varsity and most of the time the visiting side was sparse or almost empty. Non-league games are a different story.
Old 05-16-17, 09:34 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh dude I don't know what league you are watching, but I was at every Edgewood game this season, Freshmen, JV, and varsity and most of the time the visiting side was sparse or almost empty. Non-league games are a different story.
Broken....meet record Hoser come up with some new material brutha
Old 05-16-17, 12:42 PM
All World

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whats UUUUUP Hose clamp?!!!! Badin is now playing Ross and Edgewood? Hillbilly heaven! Possum samiches for all and you are right about one thing, were better human beings than you trailer park people. UH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-16-17, 02:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Whats UUUUUP Hose clamp?!!!! Badin is now playing Ross and Edgewood? Hillbilly heaven! Possum samiches for all and you are right about one thing, were better human beings than you trailer park people. UH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
So now Hamilton hillbillies are better than Edgewood and Ross hillbillies?

LOL, OK?

Well maybe the game will be better this year. You know, like closer and more entertaining. Bright side, Its a home game for Badin (well, borrowed home from Big Blue anyway) so you shouldn't need four ambulances to get your team home like last year.
Old 05-16-17, 02:46 PM
All World

Quote:
So now Hamilton hillbillies are better than Edgewood and Ross hillbillies?

LOL, OK?

Well maybe the game will be better this year. You know, like closer and more entertaining. Bright side, Its a home game for Badin (well, borrowed home from Big Blue anyway) so you shouldn't need four ambulances to get your team home like last year.
My sons teams were 3-1 against the fighting possums while he was there, with a combined score of like 200-20. So you did get a year to enjoy, relish it, as cousin junior and the trailer park boys will return to normal. As the legendary slick Ric would say UH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Translated that means we are smarter, richer, better looking and God loves us more.
Old 05-16-17, 02:56 PM
All World

Is it really true that SWOC stands for Slow White Opossum Catchers?
Old 05-16-17, 03:49 PM
Junior Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
That's funny
Old 05-16-17, 06:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Is it really true that SWOC stands for Slow White Opossum Catchers?
Uh how you doing Daddy Z? Uh I see the wo machine is still working. Probably didn't get much use last year although I did hear some wos from the Edgewood side when it got to 49-0. Uh you might not want mention your racial slurs at Mt Healthy and Northwest. I suspect The Badin 3 county all-star team will be much better this season with 3 or 4 really good kids who didn't pay their 12000 to play on the really bad Badin team last season. Uh take it easy on Ross, you need them on the schedule. Uh praise the lord and pass the bingo cards, see you at the game.
Old 05-16-17, 07:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
My sons teams were 3-1 against the fighting possums while he was there, with a combined score of like 200-20. So you did get a year to enjoy, relish it, as cousin junior and the trailer park boys will return to normal. As the legendary slick Ric would say UH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Translated that means we are smarter, richer, better looking and God loves us more.
Uh, smarter absolutely. Any public school that plays Badin in any sport is beyond stupid. Richer,without a doubt. Anybody whocan afford 12 grand a year for high school is rolling in the dough. Uh not so sure about the God stuff, although you guys are good at that feeling guilty stuff. Better looking, Uh no way. Uh don't bash cousin junior great football player your recruiters missed on.
Old 05-16-17, 07:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Uh does this mean there will be some little Z boys running around?
Old 05-16-17, 07:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
Broken....meet record Hoser come up with some new material brutha
Uh, Bozo meet clown. Facts are facts. Deal with it.
Old 05-17-17, 04:20 AM
All World

Quote:
Uh does this mean there will be some little Z boys running around?
Nope, he's been graduated for two years now, but he enjoyed beating up on the fighting possums UH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How do you think the Rams new coach will be hose?
Old 05-17-17, 08:10 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOFootball1 View Post
Based off twitter it looks like Commins has a brand new staff. I'm excited about the Rams for the upcoming years. Also I am happy that they are playing Badin again. Will be a very tough task for Ross week 1.
They will be pounded by Badin. Their JV/Freshman teams were very poor last season.
Old 05-17-17, 08:15 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
SW Ohio is such a tough place for a school like Edgewood. Wants to be good, wants to play a competitive league schedule but there just isn't a good league. The SWBL is highly unlikely, when Massie and Wilmington approached them about expansion... they shut it down pretty quick. The SWOC isn't a terrible league but I see why a school like Edgewood would want out. In all reality, there just isn't a viable option at this point...best thing is for the lower programs to work to improve themselves to make the conference more competitive.