Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-27-17, 06:45 AM
bcfootballfan bcfootballfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 71
bcfootballfan is on a distinguished road
It will be an interesting year. It seems like the top dogs have lost a lot and the middle tier has a lot coming back while the bottom of the league the last couple years seem to be turning things around.

1. Edgewood- Has to replace a ton of starters
2. Harrison- New coach
3. Mt. Healthy- Life without Montgomery seems to get more difficult every year
4. Little Miami- Seems to be on the upswing
5. Ross- New coach comes to a program that should be way better than it has been
6. Northwest- Survive the schedule and see what happens in the league
7. Talawanda- Seems to be on the upswing
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-27-17, 08:11 AM
SWOFootball1 SWOFootball1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-22-16
Posts: 6
SWOFootball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
Uh, Ross started about 4/5 sophomores this past year which I think can develop into great football players with coaching. We all know coaches can develop players and chance an attitude of a culture.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based off twitter it looks like Commins has a brand new staff. I'm excited about the Rams for the upcoming years. Also I am happy that they are playing Badin again. Will be a very tough task for Ross week 1.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-27-17, 08:19 AM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOFootball1 View Post
Based off twitter it looks like Commins has a brand new staff. I'm excited about the Rams for the upcoming years. Also I am happy that they are playing Badin again. Will be a very tough task for Ross week 1.
Uh glad to see some positive fans over at Ross. I disagree about playing Badin right out of the chute. First of all I don't think any public school should play Badin. Badin is a Butler,Hamilton, and Warren county all-star team who has a built in advantage over public schools. I wish Edgewood would drop- them in every sport.Badin should be D1 in all sports. Guarantee Badin will be much better this season with 2 or 3 really good kids who were not there last season. Happens all the time. Ross should have stayed playing Goshen a team Ross realistically can compete with.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-27-17, 08:24 AM
footballguy10 footballguy10 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 20
footballguy10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh glad to see some positive fans over at Ross. I disagree about playing Badin right out of the chute. First of all I don't think any public school should play Badin. Badin is a Butler,Hamilton, and Warren county all-star team who has a built in advantage over public schools. I wish Edgewood would drop- them in every sport.Badin should be D1 in all sports. Guarantee Badin will be much better this season with 2 or 3 really good kids who were not there last season. Happens all the time. Ross should have stayed playing Goshen a team Ross realistically can compete with.


The Ross and Badin game is one of the best traditional football rivals in the area. Very glad they are playing again.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-27-17, 08:45 AM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
The Ross and Badin game is one of the best traditional football rivals in the area. Very glad they are playing again.
Uh should be a huge gate. Hope it is a competitive game. Still think it is a mistake just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-27-17, 10:32 AM
thehawg27 thehawg27 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-25-04
Posts: 1,204
thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
The Ross and Badin game is one of the best traditional football rivals in the area. Very glad they are playing again.
I agree. I would assume most people in Butler Co. (excluding hoser) including fans at Edgewood and Talawanda like the game/rivalry.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-27-17, 01:03 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
I agree. I would assume most people in Butler Co. (excluding hoser) including fans at Edgewood and Talawanda like the game/rivalry.
Uh cant speak for Talawanda fans but in general Edgewood fans cant stand Badin. Badin people are arrogant and have this we are better than you demeanor. Badin at any level in any sport will absolutely embarrass any team they can. Just ask Ross,which is another reason I cant believe Ross decided to play them again.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-27-17, 01:06 PM
footballguy10 footballguy10 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 20
footballguy10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh cant speak for Talawanda fans but in general Edgewood fans cant stand Badin. Badin people are arrogant and have this we are better than you demeanor. Badin at any level in any sport will absolutely embarrass any team they can. Just ask Ross,which is another reason I cant believe Ross decided to play them again.


UH It's a great rivalry hose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-27-17, 01:10 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
UH It's a great rivalry hose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh I guess we will see.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-27-17, 05:02 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
The Panthers are league champs in 17!!!!

I don't know much about which team has what coming back. I would say Edgewood, Mt. H and Harrison are the favorites. What does Northwest have?

I will say with LM weak non league schedule, I'm hoping we can go 4-0 and knock off Ross and maybe Talawanda. Going 6-4 would do wonders for this program
Uh Northwest got wiped out. With their schedule they are in for a long year.Last year was their best shot as far as talent. That QB from last year could really spin it. 6-4 seems reasonable for Little Miami. Probably 3-3 in the league if Patton can stay healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-27-17, 07:47 PM
Emullet1 Emullet1 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-04
Location: Won't transfer 2 Andersin
Posts: 10,410
Emullet1 is on a distinguished road
1. Edgewood
2. Harrison
3. Little Miami
4. Mount Healthy
5. Talawanda
6. Ross
7. Northwest
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-27-17, 08:23 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emullet1 View Post
1. Edgewood
2. Harrison
3. Little Miami
4. Mount Healthy
5. Talawanda
6. Ross
7. Northwest
Uh, is that really you? Uh, Little Miami and Talawanda too high, Edgewood could be good but they are really inexperienced.Love their 2 guards on offense. QB will tell the tale kid is a great athlete, very little experience as a QB. Defense should be solid.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-27-17, 10:20 PM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 53
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Northwest got wiped out. With their schedule they are in for a long year.Last year was their best shot as far as talent. That QB from last year could really spin it. 6-4 seems reasonable for Little Miami. Probably 3-3 in the league if Patton can stay healthy.
Hopefully LM has someone to share the load with Patton. We played NW and Mt.Healthy pretty close but I believe Patton got tired and anyone would running as many times as he did. We played CHCA tight as well until Patton went out early in the 3 quarter. Hey I hope your right with the 3-3, league record. We better beat West Carrollton, Western Brown, Hillsboro and Troy Christian. We have to start winning so we get a better non-league schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-28-17, 07:11 AM
outofstateobserver outofstateobserver is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-02-16
Posts: 5
outofstateobserver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh glad to see some positive fans over at Ross. I disagree about playing Badin right out of the chute. First of all I don't think any public school should play Badin. Badin is a Butler,Hamilton, and Warren county all-star team who has a built in advantage over public schools. I wish Edgewood would drop- them in every sport.Badin should be D1 in all sports. Guarantee Badin will be much better this season with 2 or 3 really good kids who were not there last season. Happens all the time. Ross should have stayed playing Goshen a team Ross realistically can compete with.
Badin should be division 1??? That's crazy. Badin gets the Butler County rejects from St. X, Moeller, and Elder. If Badin was such a powerhouse they would be winning the GCL coed every year, and they aren't. Lasalle isn't even D1 (which they should be). You just sound bitter about not being able to compete with them. Badin also moved up to I believe Division 3 this year. They probably won't make the playoffs especially in that region, it's ridiculous. Finally if Badin was Division 1 they would pummeled by all the GCL south football teams. Come on man, you know all this.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-28-17, 06:59 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstateobserver View Post
Badin should be division 1??? That's crazy. Badin gets the Butler County rejects from St. X, Moeller, and Elder. If Badin was such a powerhouse they would be winning the GCL coed every year, and they aren't. Lasalle isn't even D1 (which they should be). You just sound bitter about not being able to compete with them. Badin also moved up to I believe Division 3 this year. They probably won't make the playoffs especially in that region, it's ridiculous. Finally if Badin was Division 1 they would pummeled by all the GCL south football teams. Come on man, you know all this.
Uh Badin doesn't win the GCL coed, because they compete against other all- star teams who play the same game as Badin. Every private school in the state should be moved up 2 divisions.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-28-17, 07:07 PM
footballguy10 footballguy10 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 20
footballguy10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Badin doesn't win the GCL coed, because they compete against other all- star teams who play the same game as Badin. Every private school in the state should be moved up 2 divisions.


Those "all star" teams you are talking about would not succeed at all in division 1. (Besides Alter) The GCL coed was 1-2 against SWOC teams last year. Badin beat Talawanda because Talawanda had a down year, it just sounds like to me you're one of those people that get upset with private schools for no reason rather than you don't like them.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-28-17, 07:43 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
Those "all star" teams you are talking about would not succeed at all in division 1. (Besides Alter) The GCL coed was 1-2 against SWOC teams last year. Badin beat Talawanda because Talawanda had a down year, it just sounds like to me you're one of those people that get upset with private schools for no reason rather than you don't like them.
Uh all I know is Edgewood played Col Desales last season. Now Desales is a D3 team. 32 seniors from 16 different middle schools.There is no way any public D3 team can compete with that. Uh I also doubt Alter could compete in D1 week after week. The only D1 school Alter plays is Fairmont a below average member of the GWOC. But you are right, I don't like private schools because they all think they are competing on a level field and it is obviously not true.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-28-17, 08:08 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
UH It's a great rivalry hose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh I really hate to say this but for a rivalry to be great doesn't one of the two teams involved need to win a game ever in the rivalry?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-28-17, 08:09 PM
footballguy10 footballguy10 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 20
footballguy10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh I really hate to say this but for a rivalry to be great doesn't one of the two teams involved need to win a game ever in the rivalry?


I don't even know what you mean
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-28-17, 08:11 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
I don't even know what you mean
Uh Ross has never defeated Badin in football. Uh is that plain enough?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-28-17, 10:48 PM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 53
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstateobserver View Post
Badin should be division 1??? That's crazy. Badin gets the Butler County rejects from St. X, Moeller, and Elder. If Badin was such a powerhouse they would be winning the GCL coed every year, and they aren't. Lasalle isn't even D1 (which they should be). You just sound bitter about not being able to compete with them. Badin also moved up to I believe Division 3 this year. They probably won't make the playoffs especially in that region, it's ridiculous. Finally if Badin was Division 1 they would pummeled by all the GCL south football teams. Come on man, you know all this.
You do realize that those rejects could start on any D2 team in the state. I would love to have the kids from LM school district that attend Moeller. I'm hoping the kid that plays on my son's 5th grade team doesn't go to Moeller. He has two older brothers that have gone to Moeller. If he leaves we have lost probably a 6'4 to 6'6 QB. He will start 3 or more years at LM.

Anyone from Franklin tell me how good they would be, without their QB?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-29-17, 06:07 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Hopefully LM has someone to share the load with Patton. We played NW and Mt.Healthy pretty close but I believe Patton got tired and anyone would running as many times as he did. We played CHCA tight as well until Patton went out early in the 3 quarter. Hey I hope your right with the 3-3, league record. We better beat West Carrollton, Western Brown, Hillsboro and Troy Christian. We have to start winning so we get a better non-league schedule.
Uh don't know anything about Troy Christian, but I would say Little Miami would be favored over the other 3. Probably favored over Ross,Talawanda,and Northwest, assuming Patton stays healthy. He carries the ball a lot. Don't care for your coaches sideline demeaner. but the dude knows offensive football.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-30-17, 09:43 PM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 53
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh don't know anything about Troy Christian, but I would say Little Miami would be favored over the other 3. Probably favored over Ross,Talawanda,and Northwest, assuming Patton stays healthy. He carries the ball a lot. Don't care for your coaches sideline demeaner. but the dude knows offensive football.
Their a decent D7 school that I'm embarrassed to play but like I said we have to start winning games were suppose to win. That way we can schedule at least D3 schools. I don't know a ton about our coach, I just know are kids are excited to play and look night/day different playing on the field. I didn't go to the Edgewood game so I'm sure we looked the same old LM to the Edgewood fans.

I know you may not care but are pee wee program will be playing the SWOC again so I'm real excited to play Edgewood again. I like playing Edgewood because they actually run an offense in pee wee. Most teams are sweep right and sweep left.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-01-17, 11:16 AM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Their a decent D7 school that I'm embarrassed to play but like I said we have to start winning games were suppose to win. That way we can schedule at least D3 schools. I don't know a ton about our coach, I just know are kids are excited to play and look night/day different playing on the field. I didn't go to the Edgewood game so I'm sure we looked the same old LM to the Edgewood fans.

I know you may not care but are pee wee program will be playing the SWOC again so I'm real excited to play Edgewood again. I like playing Edgewood because they actually run an offense in pee wee. Most teams are sweep right and sweep left.
Uh cant say for sure but I would bet Little Miami playing a D7 school is the result of the screwball scheduling in this league.Sometimes you play a league opponent away for 2 consecutive years.You never know from year to year when your nonleague games will be.League schools have to scramble every 2 years to line up nonleague games. I wish Edgewood would get out of this league and do it quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-01-17, 11:34 AM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 53
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
I wish LM would get into the ECC because of travel purposes. Heck we got 45 minutes or longer to each team. LM fans say I'm crazy because we would not do very well in football. I tell them football isn't the only sport and were going to have to play them "if" we got to the playoffs anyway. I'm sure the ECC may not want us either. I would think they might want Edgewood, but that might not be the best for your school traveling.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-01-17, 07:23 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,035
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
I wish LM would get into the ECC because of travel purposes. Heck we got 45 minutes or longer to each team. LM fans say I'm crazy because we would not do very well in football. I tell them football isn't the only sport and were going to have to play them "if" we got to the playoffs anyway. I'm sure the ECC may not want us either. I would think they might want Edgewood, but that might not be the best for your school traveling.
Uh actually the best thing for Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, and Little Miami would be getting in the big school division of the SWBL. Huge gates, rivals who we have played for 25 years, and a stable league with scheduling practices that make sense. Probably will never happen because it makes to much sense. ECC will never take Edgewood to far from eastern Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-02-17, 09:31 AM
Exit 29 Exit 29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-09-15
Posts: 539
Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh actually the best thing for Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, and Little Miami would be getting in the big school division of the SWBL. Huge gates, rivals who we have played for 25 years, and a stable league with scheduling practices that make sense. Probably will never happen because it makes to much sense. ECC will never take Edgewood to far from eastern Cincinnati.
Even if Monroe, Franklin, Valley View could split and make their own league with Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, Little Miami. Maybe add in West Carrolton, Eaton, or Bellbrook but at that point you are stretching travel times by adding those teams.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-02-17, 11:49 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 654
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Their a decent D7 school that I'm embarrassed to play but like I said we have to start winning games were suppose to win. That way we can schedule at least D3 schools. I don't know a ton about our coach, I just know are kids are excited to play and look night/day different playing on the field. I didn't go to the Edgewood game so I'm sure we looked the same old LM to the Edgewood fans.

I know you may not care but are pee wee program will be playing the SWOC again so I'm real excited to play Edgewood again. I like playing Edgewood because they actually run an offense in pee wee. Most teams are sweep right and sweep left.
Learning to win can be challenging for a program that has not experienced success much. Making a schedule of games that are nearly guaranteed victories can be effective-it was the approach Bill Snyder used when he was rebuilding Kansas State. Building strong self confidence into teenagers can be a challenge and winning is the best way to get there quickly.

Every team I think has players that want to win. Successful programs like Edgewood and Mt. Healthy have rosters full of players that expect to win. It's how they get maximum effort from teams in years when maybe the talent isn't as strong and really excel when they have really good players.

Troy Christian is a pretty solid program in their division but if LM doesn't have them on a running clock after halftime I would be surprised.

Last edited by OUcats82; 05-02-17 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Grammar
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-02-17, 12:00 PM
Genius11 Genius11 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-01-17
Posts: 16
Genius11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh actually the best thing for Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, and Little Miami would be getting in the big school division of the SWBL. Huge gates, rivals who we have played for 25 years, and a stable league with scheduling practices that make sense. Probably will never happen because it makes to much sense. ECC will never take Edgewood to far from eastern Cincinnati.
I wouldn't mind having Franklin come into the swoc if Little Miami were to leave or something in the near future. The Franklin Edgewood rivalry would mean something more than just a win, they would be competing for a conference title. Franklin matches Ross and Talawanda with similar kinds of kids. However it would be a bit of a drive to Northwest and Mt Healthy from there. i just don't agree with Winton Woods maybe coming back into the league, I think when they come back the swoc starts going down hill just like the FAVC did.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-02-17, 12:16 PM
Exit 29 Exit 29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-09-15
Posts: 539
Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Troy Christian took Covington to the wire last year. They are D7 but their coach is the former Troy coach. I am not sure what they have coming back but I wouldn't sleep on that game.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SWOC Heading into week 10. allcincinnatiteam Football 7 10-29-16 04:12 AM
Middletown Middies Basketball 2014-2015 allsportsman Boys Basketball 1178 04-09-15 08:59 PM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick 'Em Week 15 & Standings North Viking Football 26 12-06-14 02:02 PM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick 'Em Week 14 & Standings North Viking Football 26 11-28-14 07:39 PM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick /Em Week 13 & Standings North Viking Football 29 11-22-14 05:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz