Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-24-17, 06:31 PM
Freshman

footballguy10 is on a distinguished road
Predicted Swoc standings for 2017?

With Ross and Harrison having new head coaches at the helm, what's the thoughts on the swoc this coming season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-17, 06:55 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
The Panthers are league champs in 17!!!!

I don't know much about which team has what coming back. I would say Edgewood, Mt. H and Harrison are the favorites. What does Northwest have?

I will say with LM weak non league schedule, I'm hoping we can go 4-0 and knock off Ross and maybe Talawanda. Going 6-4 would do wonders for this program
Old 04-24-17, 10:16 PM
All District

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
The Panthers are league champs in 17!!!!

I don't know much about which team has what coming back. I would say Edgewood, Mt. H and Harrison are the favorites. What does Northwest have?

I will say with LM weak non league schedule, I'm hoping we can go 4-0 and knock off Ross and maybe Talawanda. Going 6-4 would do wonders for this program
Pass whatever you're smoking bro. You go from predicting league champs for LM to back track and say 6-4. Which is it?
Old 04-24-17, 10:19 PM
All District

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
6-4 then Manon bounces for another job...After they build him a statue.
Old 04-25-17, 05:21 AM
Junior Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Think it's a 3 team race with Mt. Healthy Edgewood and Harrison. Followed by the 2nd tier teams of Little Miami and Northwest. Then the Wanda and Ross.
Old 04-25-17, 09:40 AM
Freshman

SWOFootball1 is on a distinguished road
1. Mt. Healthy
2. Edgewood
3. Harrison
4. Little Miami
5. Northwest
6. Ross
7. Wanda

I expect Arv's boys at Healthy to win the SWOC this year. It'll be interesting to see how their offense looks with new OC since Yordy is at Badin. I believe Edgewood graduated a lot of seniors but Scott has shown he can develop underclassman. LM will have one of the best skill players in the SWOC with their RB. Harrison and Ross both have new coaches coming in. Looks like Commins at Ross is bringing a new life to the program, but still see them battling it out to not see who comes in last place with Talawanda
Old 04-25-17, 09:44 AM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Pass whatever you're smoking bro. You go from predicting league champs for LM to back track and say 6-4. Which is it?
High on Life. Just joking around about league champs, ok bro, you really fell for that. I said on another thread 5-5 but I didn't know LM non-league schedule. I keep hearing the coach is leaving after he turns us around. Hopefully with is admin job he stays but it's his life and if he wants to go on to something bigger then it's his choice.
Old 04-25-17, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOFootball1 View Post
1. Mt. Healthy
2. Edgewood
3. Harrison
4. Little Miami
5. Northwest
6. Ross
7. Wanda

I expect Arv's boys at Healthy to win the SWOC this year. It'll be interesting to see how their offense looks with new OC since Yordy is at Badin. I believe Edgewood graduated a lot of seniors but Scott has shown he can develop underclassman. LM will have one of the best skill players in the SWOC with their RB. Harrison and Ross both have new coaches coming in. Looks like Commins at Ross is bringing a new life to the program, but still see them battling it out to not see who comes in last place with Talawanda
Uh, I would say probably the winner of the Healthy Edgewood game will be the champion, but Harrison is not that far behind the first two. Healthy and Harrison both have their QBs back which is a huge advantage.Edgewoods freshmen and JV were outstanding but that doesn't always transfer to Friday night. It is definitely a three team race, although I think Little Miami will be much improved. The Patton kid is the best RB coming back and one of the fastest kids in the league. New coach at Harrison may help may not.Edgewood will be very inexperienced but will have good players all around. Edgewood could be very good by the end of the year.
Old 04-25-17, 07:16 PM
All Ohio

AllStateKnight is on a distinguished road
1. Mt. Healthy
2. Edgewood
3. Harrison
4. Northwest
5. Little Miami
6. Ross
7. Talawanda
Old 04-25-17, 08:11 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, I would say probably the winner of the Healthy Edgewood game will be the champion, but Harrison is not that far behind the first two. Healthy and Harrison both have their QBs back which is a huge advantage.Edgewoods freshmen and JV were outstanding but that doesn't always transfer to Friday night. It is definitely a three team race, although I think Little Miami will be much improved. The Patton kid is the best RB coming back and one of the fastest kids in the league. New coach at Harrison may help may not.Edgewood will be very inexperienced but will have good players all around. Edgewood could be very good by the end of the year.

I think that Mt Healthy and Harrison are top competitors with Little Miami not too far behind. Harrison returning Frankie Young and Mt Healthy returning Michael Crawford will be big for them. The Patton kid is a legit runner and gave Mt Healthy which is consistently the fastest team in the league big problems. Edgewood will be young and inexperienced, this can play a big factor on a Friday night. They lost a huge offensive weapon with Driskell graduating, and I don't even know who they will have at quarterback. The sophomore runner they had was strong, but a good experienced line helps a young buck. We'll watch and see how the coaches in Trenton work with the young talent at Edgewood.

Old 04-26-17, 08:29 AM
All District

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Three horse race, Healthy, Edgewood and Harrison. I agree with Hoser, winner of the Edge-Healthy game decides it.

Edgewood should be better than people think. A lot of the defense returns with a good stable of young talent added in. Offensive line will be bigger than last years but inexperienced. The guards are the smallest on the line and both are 6-1, 235ish. Edgewood is stacked at running back with Hayden and Phillips probably the fastest in the league that no body is talking about. Hayden has had a nagging knee for a couple of seasons that was repaired and he should be outstanding this year. Don't go to sleep on the FB Williams, good first cut and just gains yards with power. Three good QB's although I would have the senior at WR where his athleticism helps the team more. The junior QB Craft is a natural leader and has run the offense since he was in the 3rd grade. If I was QB coach I would be refining him now, like June. He is a baseball kid but more Joe Montana than Johnny Bench in my opinion. Should be an interesting year.

That's just my opinion but I am biased as all hell............
Old 04-26-17, 08:38 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Three horse race, Healthy, Edgewood and Harrison. I agree with Hoser, winner of the Edge-Healthy game decides it.

Edgewood should be better than people think. A lot of the defense returns with a good stable of young talent added in. Offensive line will be bigger than last years but inexperienced. The guards are the smallest on the line and both are 6-1, 235ish. Edgewood is stacked at running back with Hayden and Phillips probably the fastest in the league that no body is talking about. Hayden has had a nagging knee for a couple of seasons that was repaired and he should be outstanding this year. Don't go to sleep on the FB Williams, good first cut and just gains yards with power. Three good QB's although I would have the senior at WR where his athleticism helps the team more. The junior QB Craft is a natural leader and has run the offense since he was in the 3rd grade. If I was QB coach I would be refining him now, like June. He is a baseball kid but more Joe Montana than Johnny Bench in my opinion. Should be an interesting year.

Mt. Healthy finally gets to play Edgewood at home, after having to go there back-to-back years. I think that gives them the advantage this season and Healthy regains the SWOC.
Old 04-26-17, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post

Uh Iagree with much of what you say although I disagree about QB. Nick Noble a 3 sport letterman and probably the best athlete on the team will be the QB. Better arm and a better runner.Wade Phillips may surprise a lot of people.Need Hayden to stay on the field and Williams does have a lot of potential. 7 starters back on defense should be our strongsuit. 2 kids playing guard are big nasty kids who can run and are very strong.Offense may come down to finding 2 kids who can play tackle. Games with Franklin and Desales may be shaky, but these kids are capable of competing with all the other teams on the schedule. Evan Brown is getting looks from MAC colleges even though he is just a junior. Kid should have a huge year.Gabbard,Scott,Paulson,and Whiles, are all very good experienced kids on defense.
Old 04-26-17, 09:59 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Mt. Healthy will be the team to beat and Edgewood and Harrison will be the contenders. Edgewood is going to be young but with last years strong season they'll have momentum. Harrison will be successful if they can find receivers to replace the talent from last year.
Old 04-26-17, 10:41 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
1. Edgewood
2. Harrison
3. Mt. Healthy
4. Little Miami
5. Talawanda
6. Northwest
7. Ross
Old 04-26-17, 11:51 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
1. Edgewood
2. Harrison
3. Mt. Healthy
4. Little Miami
5. Talawanda
6. Northwest
7. Ross
Raise your right hand if you are surprised that Dapope put Harrison above MH!!!

If MH had an inkling of defense in last year's matchup you'd still be searching for your first W in the crouch era
Old 04-26-17, 11:52 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
....BTW the Ross Rams won't be last either
Old 04-26-17, 11:57 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
....BTW the Ross Rams won't be last either

Agreed ^
Old 04-26-17, 11:59 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguy10 View Post
Agreed ^

With Commins the head man at Ross now this will no longer be a bottom of the league mediocre program. Watch out for them these next few years.
Old 04-26-17, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
With Commins the head man at Ross now this will no longer be a bottom of the league mediocre program. Watch out for them these next few years.
UH cant speak about last years jr high teams at Ross, but 9,10,and 11, not much talent there.
Old 04-26-17, 01:16 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
I think that the best to hope for from Ross this year is that the teams play harder for all 4 quarters, that they keep the games a little closer and that they put some more points on the board. Their showing in the SWOC last year was down right horrid with the Battle for the Basement against Talawanda really the only decent game.

Commins I think will turn things around but I wouldn't expect major moves this year.
Old 04-26-17, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
Raise your right hand if you are surprised that Dapope put Harrison above MH!!!

If MH had an inkling of defense in last year's matchup you'd still be searching for your first W in the crouch era
Uh hey Marv don't look now but Harrison , will probably be as good as anybody in the league. Frankie Young and Austin Silcox are as good as anyone in this league.If Harrison can find a couple of recievers they will score a lot of points.
Old 04-26-17, 01:17 PM
Freshman

Uh, Ross started about 4/5 sophomores this past year which I think can develop into great football players with coaching. We all know coaches can develop players and chance an attitude of a culture.

Old 04-26-17, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
I think that the best to hope for from Ross this year is that the teams play harder for all 4 quarters, that they keep the games a little closer and that they put some more points on the board. Their showing in the SWOC last year was down right horrid with the Battle for the Basement against Talawanda really the only decent game.

Commins I think will turn things around but I wouldn't expect major moves this year.
Uh kinda hard to blame the coach when your senior leaders do bonehead stuff and get suspended.Believe it or not the kids deserve a little of the blame.
Old 04-26-17, 01:21 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Uh kinda hard to blame the coach when your senior leaders do bonehead stuff and get suspended.Believe it or not the kids deserve a little of the blame.

I feel like some teams in the swoc need more discipline, we had a few teams this year get screwed with players making poor decisions. Edgewood baseball was the last team to fall victim to poor decisions by kids.

Old 04-26-17, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I feel like some teams in the swoc need more discipline, we had a few teams this year get screwed with players making poor decisions. Edgewood baseball was the last team to fall victim to poor decisions by kids.

Uh, yup bad decisions really hurt Edgewood baseball this season. Kids have to learn you do live in a bubble and your behavior is always out there for people to see.Hopefully they will learn from these mistakes.
Old 04-26-17, 01:38 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Uh, yup bad decisions really hurt Edgewood baseball this season. Kids have to learn you do live in a bubble and your behavior is always out there for people to see.Hopefully they will learn from these mistakes.

Very much agree
Old 04-26-17, 05:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Mt. Healthy finally gets to play Edgewood at home, after having to go there back-to-back years. I think that gives them the advantage this season and Healthy regains the SWOC.
Uh, all I can say is Healthy loses 15 starters including the best LB in the league and the top o-lineman in the league. They do get their QB back but lost all RBs and receivers. Edgewood lost a lot also, should be interesting.
Old 04-26-17, 07:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think that Mt Healthy and Harrison are top competitors with Little Miami not too far behind. Harrison returning Frankie Young and Mt Healthy returning Michael Crawford will be big for them. The Patton kid is a legit runner and gave Mt Healthy which is consistently the fastest team in the league big problems. Edgewood will be young and inexperienced, this can play a big factor on a Friday night. They lost a huge offensive weapon with Driskell graduating, and I don't even know who they will have at quarterback. The sophomore runner they had was strong, but a good experienced line helps a young buck. We'll watch and see how the coaches in Trenton work with the young talent at Edgewood.

Uh Edgewood will beat Ross by 30.
Old 04-26-17, 08:40 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Uh Edgewood will beat Ross by 30.

UH hose where did I say anything about Ross in this?