Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-30-17, 01:29 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh yeah I'm sure Coldwater could handle St EDs, Moeller, StX, Elder,Lasalle,Wayne,Iggy, and about 25 other teams in the state. Uh you people live in a make believe world. Uh watch the D1 schools and get back with me.
No one has said anything about MAC schools beating those teams, however your statement that small school football is not relevant does not hold water as Calpreps and Maxpreps two national websites have proven otherwise. They rank these two schools highly because of what they have accomplished and for some reason you have your head buried in the sand and fail to recognize it.
Old 06-30-17, 02:08 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh the New York Titans, those guys were unbelievable.That 290 lb safety was a beast.They were undefeated for 5 years and then they had to play Alter and lost by 3 tds.Saw that game sold out crowd, split the pot was 10,000 dollars. Titan QB also played LB, had 15 tackles and threw 3 tds , but it was not enough. That Alter coach made all those outstanding players.
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking. about.
Old 06-30-17, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Hey Hoser..... please name those 25 schools from SWO that would smoke Marion Local...... also, define smoke.... win by 21+, 30+ ???
Old 06-30-17, 06:38 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Hey Hoser..... please name those 25 schools from SWO that would smoke Marion Local...... also, define smoke.... win by 21+, 30+ ???
Uh,StX,Moeller,Elder,Lasalle,Colerain,Wayne,Fairfi eld,Lakota East,LakotaWeast,Sycamore,Kings,Loveland,Turpin,Tr otwood,Miamisburg,Winton Woods,Elder,Edgewood,Harrison,Healthy,Franklin,Alt er,Clinton Massie,Wapakoneta,Wyoming, Springboro,Troy,Centerville, etc.
Old 06-30-17, 06:42 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking. about.
Uh nah we all know who doesn't know what he is talking about. Most players are made? That is a ridiculous statement.Most big time players are born with their talents.
Old 06-30-17, 08:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Uh,StX,Moeller,Elder,Lasalle,Colerain,Wayne,Fairfi eld,Lakota East,LakotaWeast,Sycamore,Kings,Loveland,Turpin,Tr otwood,Miamisburg,Winton Woods,Elder,Edgewood,Harrison,Healthy,Franklin,Alt er,Clinton Massie,Wapakoneta,Wyoming, Springboro,Troy,Centerville, etc.
Wapak is not in SWO hose..... Last years Lakota West team.... come on Hose, ML would of had their way with them. Lets see, who else.... Loveland, I don't think so... Kings... ML could play with them... same with Edgewood and Harrison. Mt. Healthy... that could be a bit tricky but if we are talking 21+ point margin, no way..... Franklin was decent but no, they would not blow out the top MAC teams. Alter/Coldwater have played before... great games and Coldwater has won so ML could play with them as well as Clinton Massie.... Wyoming? I'll take the MAC on that one Hose....

I only see about 12 Hose.... those others, no way.... waiting for 13 more....
Old 06-30-17, 09:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh nah we all know who doesn't know what he is talking about. Most players are made? That is a ridiculous statement.Most big time players are born with their talents.
And most teams, even D1 championship teams, have only a few big time players. So most of a few are born with their talents. The rest, the overwhelming majority of players in high school teams, are developed. And every player, even the biggest, baddest, fastest, need to develop football conditioning and skills. Otherwise their would be no need for practice, coaches or camps.

Even the best of the best, when drafted in the NFL, need a couple years to reach their best performance levels. That's especially true of QB's, who need the widest complement of talents of all players.

The most important, singular factor that separates the greats from other big or fast guys, is aggressiveness. That can absolutely be developed. Very few are born aggressive in a football sense.
Old 07-01-17, 10:13 AM
All American

Quote:
Really? Marion Local has not played any of those teams in the past but Coldwater and Versailles have. On that list Versailles and Coldwater have played and defeated Clinton Massie, Wyoming, and Alter, proving once again the facts do not back up your statements.
Old 07-01-17, 12:13 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
And most teams, even D1 championship teams, have only a few big time players. So most of a few are born with their talents. The rest, the overwhelming majority of players in high school teams, are developed. And every player, even the biggest, baddest, fastest, need to develop football conditioning and skills. Otherwise their would be no need for practice, coaches or camps.

Even the best of the best, when drafted in the NFL, need a couple years to reach their best performance levels. That's especially true of QB's, who need the widest complement of talents of all players.

The most important, singular factor that separates the greats from other big or fast guys, is aggressiveness. That can absolutely be developed. Very few are born aggressive in a football sense.
Uh what universe do you live in?
Old 07-01-17, 12:20 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Really? Marion Local has not played any of those teams in the past but Coldwater and Versailles have. On that list Versailles and Coldwater have played and defeated Clinton Massie, Wyoming, and Alter, proving once again the facts do not back up your statements.
Uh I said 20 teams and listed 27. Of those, 2 MAC schools beat 3 of the 27 , 20 years ago. So I guess there are just 24 teams in SW Ohio who would smoke the Marion Local Patriots.
Old 07-01-17, 01:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh I said 20 teams and listed 27. Of those, 2 MAC schools beat 3 of the 27 , 20 years ago. So I guess there are just 24 teams in SW Ohio who would smoke the Marion Local Patriots.
Nah Coldwater is the Patriots. Marion local is more like the Packers.
Old 07-01-17, 05:11 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Nah Coldwater is the Patriots. Marion local is more like the Packers.
Uh, nah Coldwater is like the MOeller sophomore team, and Mary Local is like the MOeller junior varsity.
Old 07-01-17, 05:22 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Wapak is not in SWO hose..... Last years Lakota West team.... come on Hose, ML would of had their way with them. Lets see, who else.... Loveland, I don't think so... Kings... ML could play with them... same with Edgewood and Harrison. Mt. Healthy... that could be a bit tricky but if we are talking 21+ point margin, no way..... Franklin was decent but no, they would not blow out the top MAC teams. Alter/Coldwater have played before... great games and Coldwater has won so ML could play with them as well as Clinton Massie.... Wyoming? I'll take the MAC on that one Hose....

Uh Vampy you are not wrong very often, but you blew this one.Wapak is in D3 Region 12, which includes Franklin,Alter,Mt Healthy,Trotwood,Piqua, etc. It is the SW Ohio D3 region. Teams from Butler,Warren,Hamilton,Montgomery, counties plus whatever county Wapak is in
Old 07-01-17, 06:00 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Uh, StX 4 bigtime recruits and 5 kids who are at the D1AA or D2 level.Moeller 3 bigtime recruits,and 5 kids at the D1AA or D2 level.Lasalle 3 bigtime recruits and 5 kids at the D1AA or D2 level.Uh that's 25 kids who are getting some kind of help to play college football. Uh perhaps you could list all the MAC kids who are getting some kind of scholarship?
Old 07-01-17, 06:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh Vampy you are not wrong very often, but you blew this one.Wapak is in D3 Region 12, which includes Franklin,Alter,Mt Healthy,Trotwood,Piqua, etc. It is the SW Ohio D3 region. Teams from Butler,Warren,Hamilton,Montgomery, counties plus whatever county Wapak is in
Wapakoneta is located in west central Ohio in northern Auglaize county, I doubt very few people in Wapak would consider themselves being from S.W. Ohio.
Old 07-01-17, 06:24 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Wapakoneta is located in west central Ohio in northern Auglaize county, I doubt very few people in Wapak would consider themselves being from S.W. Ohio.
Uh, the people in Wapak can consider anything they want, but the simple fact of the matter is, Wapak is in D3 region 12 a SW Ohio playoff region. OHSAA said so, so I guess it is law.
Old 07-01-17, 06:33 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice View Post
While those kids are common for 95% of D-6 & D-7 schools, it is not at Marion Local. You are more likely to find the cheerleaders on the team 6" 180lbs. I counted around 23 kids on their roster last year over 220LBs. The have a blue chip linemen who will go big time college pushing 300.
Uh, 6 foot 180lb cheerleaders,that must be interesting. Uh being 5'11'' and 220 is not necessarily a good football body. Uh I suspect many of those 220 lb kids are in that neighborhood. Uh I also doubt any D6 or D7 team would have that many 220 lb kids.
Old 07-01-17, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Uh, the people in Wapak can consider anything they want, but the simple fact of the matter is, Wapak is in D3 region 12 a SW Ohio playoff region. OHSAA said so, so I guess it is law.
Oh, I see... you were talking about teams that play in the SWO region then.... OK, We can consider Wapak then but no way do they blow out Marion Local and Coldwater and I would not be too surprised if Marion Local and Coldwater would beat them.....

Well Hoser, we are going to have to take Wayne off of that list of yours since they play in region 3.... so, by your logic they are now a central Ohio team. Also, Miamisburg and Centerville will also be in region 3 this season as well.... so take them off as well.... so even uh the great Hoser couldn't even come up with 25 teams from SWO that would spank the top MAC teams....

Old 07-01-17, 11:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh, StX 4 bigtime recruits and 5 kids who are at the D1AA or D2 level.Moeller 3 bigtime recruits,and 5 kids at the D1AA or D2 level.Lasalle 3 bigtime recruits and 5 kids at the D1AA or D2 level.Uh that's 25 kids who are getting some kind of help to play college football. Uh perhaps you could list all the MAC kids who are getting some kind of scholarship?
But, you admit no more than 4 big time kids on the D1 state champ team. 9 going on to higher levels. So 17 of 22 who are not "big time". So how many were born, how many developed? You really are clueless.
Old 07-02-17, 04:22 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Like most things, there is a lot of room in the middle in this argument. As a Coffman fan people on this board would tell you that Coffman has the worst coaching and some of the talent they have had is all god given and has not been developed one iota , may be even made the gifted players worse.

Of course I am slightly exxagerrating here but that is one extreme and I strongly disagree with that sentiment as I believe there is some development going on , of course being in a solid program that teaches some fundamentals and pushes the kids in the weight room and has high expectations is going to further the talent any kid possesses.

The Catholics do not win solely because they have good coaching staff's , that is pure folly, they obviously have had more material to work with than the public schools of like size in various divisions on average and that has bene the biggest difference in the number of play-off wins and titles that the Pub/ Priv have garnered.

Catholics with a tiny percentage of the overall schools win a majority , of course their supporters like to point to exceptions like the bad Catholic programs and the superior publics to say it isn't any advantage of a tiny one , which again is a joke of course.

Every coach knows if you talk to them that in terms of privates and publics it's basically apples and oranges .

Coaching isn';t making some kids 6-3 with a large frame and some others 5-9 with a small one. Coaching isn't turning a Linebackers 4.9 40 into a 4.5 40 with his brilliance.

Most honest coaches aren't taking full credit for a 6-6 290 pound kid with light feet who has 20 offers to play left tackle or the 5-11 185 pound CB with swivel hipps and a 4.4 40. He can take credit for helping the kid develop instincts, encourage him to get stronger and quicker with hard work . good coaches can teach him to play good angles and little tricks in coverage to help him.

I also see sometimes Catholic fans point to a public they just beat by 3 touchdowns that the public had just as many D-1 recruits on the team so they should be as good and that it';s their poor coaching or attitude that was the reason they got beat up. Of course they fail to mention that they had a much larger talent advantage as far as the rest of the players on the field went.

You can't coach speed for the most part, you definitely can't coach height frame and even potential to develop large muscle mass, I do believe you can develop some aggressiveness and toughness with your culture though.

To a certain extent . You can stress initiating contact , you can stress and demand that back s run hard through contact be a willing blocker , and how you do this is by praising it when you see it, and making it clear in a variety of ways that you aren't playing if you aren't willing to sacrifice your body on occasion to make a play or get the job done .

Football isn't for everyone , some kids accept contact and make contact more willingly, and you can often see this in some kids by 6th or 7th grade, some get it a year or so later ,s some never get it , but you can develop some aggressiveness by cultivating an atmosphere of those who are more aggressive are not only more effective but those are the kids who get on the field more which we al know is the biggest motivator in football PLAYING TIME .

You are born with a certain level of potential in many aspects of life , some kids have all the physical but aren't sharp in other areas, concentration, learning their responsibilities , on every sideline you will see a big strapping kid who doesn't get on the field , or a fast athletic kid paly behind a less athletic kid , they are both being coached the same way, but one HAS IT and one doesn't .

Coaching isn't science , or is how far a player ultimately develops, it' s part development , part innate talent and attitudes and mental toughness or lack thereof that often determines things . The coaches that put their kids in the best situations for success consistently given their particular skill sets are most successful
Old 07-02-17, 11:38 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Oh, I see... you were talking about teams that play in the SWO region then.... OK, We can consider Wapak then but no way do they blow out Marion Local and Coldwater and I would not be too surprised if Marion Local and Coldwater would beat them.....

Well Hoser, we are going to have to take Wayne off of that list of yours since they play in region 3.... so, by your logic they are now a central Ohio team. Also, Miamisburg and Centerville will also be in region 3 this season as well.... so take them off as well.... so even uh the great Hoser couldn't even come up with 25 teams from SWO that would spank the top MAC teams....

Uh Vampy go check the original post. I said 20 teams. Uh obviously you are a smart person and have seen enough D1 ball to know D6 and D7 wouldn't have a chance.Sheer numbers, size, speed of the players and overall skill level aren't even close.Most D6 and D7 have 6 or 7 kids going both ways and most of the D1 powers are 2 platoon.
Old 07-02-17, 11:42 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
But, you admit no more than 4 big time kids on the D1 state champ team. 9 going on to higher levels. So 17 of 22 who are not "big time". So how many were born, how many developed? You really are clueless.
UH, you are very stubborn and refuse to accept facts. The numbers are what they are. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Last edited by hoser; 07-02-17 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-02-17, 11:55 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Like most things, there is a lot of room in the middle in this argument. As a Coffman fan people on this board would tell you that Coffman has the worst coaching and some of the talent they have had is all god given and has not been developed one iota , may be even made the gifted players worse.

Of course I am slightly exxagerrating here but that is one extreme and I strongly disagree with that sentiment as I believe there is some development going on , of course being in a solid program that teaches some fundamentals and pushes the kids in the weight room and has high expectations is going to further the talent any kid possesses.

The Catholics do not win solely because they have good coaching staff's , that is pure folly, they obviously have had more material to work with than the public schools of like size in various divisions on average and that has bene the biggest difference in the number of play-off wins and titles that the Pub/ Priv have garnered.

Catholics with a tiny percentage of the overall schools win a majority , of course their supporters like to point to exceptions like the bad Catholic programs and the superior publics to say it isn't any advantage of a tiny one , which again is a joke of course.

Every coach knows if you talk to them that in terms of privates and publics it's basically apples and oranges .

Coaching isn';t making some kids 6-3 with a large frame and some others 5-9 with a small one. Coaching isn't turning a Linebackers 4.9 40 into a 4.5 40 with his brilliance.

Most honest coaches aren't taking full credit for a 6-6 290 pound kid with light feet who has 20 offers to play left tackle or the 5-11 185 pound CB with swivel hipps and a 4.4 40. He can take credit for helping the kid develop instincts, encourage him to get stronger and quicker with hard work . good coaches can teach him to play good angles and little tricks in coverage to help him.

I also see sometimes Catholic fans point to a public they just beat by 3 touchdowns that the public had just as many D-1 recruits on the team so they should be as good and that it';s their poor coaching or attitude that was the reason they got beat up. Of course they fail to mention that they had a much larger talent advantage as far as the rest of the players on the field went.

You can't coach speed for the most part, you definitely can't coach height frame and even potential to develop large muscle mass, I do believe you can develop some aggressiveness and toughness with your culture though.

To a certain extent . You can stress initiating contact , you can stress and demand that back s run hard through contact be a willing blocker , and how you do this is by praising it when you see it, and making it clear in a variety of ways that you aren't playing if you aren't willing to sacrifice your body on occasion to make a play or get the job done .

Football isn't for everyone , some kids accept contact and make contact more willingly, and you can often see this in some kids by 6th or 7th grade, some get it a year or so later ,s some never get it , but you can develop some aggressiveness by cultivating an atmosphere of those who are more aggressive are not only more effective but those are the kids who get on the field more which we al know is the biggest motivator in football PLAYING TIME .

You are born with a certain level of potential in many aspects of life , some kids have all the physical but aren't sharp in other areas, concentration, learning their responsibilities , on every sideline you will see a big strapping kid who doesn't get on the field , or a fast athletic kid paly behind a less athletic kid , they are both being coached the same way, but one HAS IT and one doesn't .

Coaching isn't science , or is how far a player ultimately develops, it' s part development , part innate talent and attitudes and mental toughness or lack thereof that often determines things . The coaches that put their kids in the best situations for success consistently given their particular skill sets are most successful
Uh, well said.
Old 07-02-17, 12:03 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh those 4 big time kids are in the senior class. I'm pretty sure StX has more than a few bigtime kids in last years junior class.
Old 07-02-17, 01:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Those victories by Coldwater and Versailles all occurred with in the last 16 years, but don't let the facts get in the away of your make believe world.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 07-02-17 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-02-17, 05:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh those 4 big time kids are in the senior class. I'm pretty sure StX has more than a few bigtime kids in last years junior class.
Ok, so let's assume that's 8 of 22. Far from most players, even if we assume all the big timers were born big timers,which is a very dubious assumption.

I repeat. Most high school football players are made, not born.
Old 07-02-17, 05:48 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Ok, so let's assume that's 8 of 22. Far from most players, even if we assume all the big timers were born big timers,which is a very dubious assumption.

I repeat. Most high school football players are made, not born.
Uh sorry but you cant make a kid run a 4.4 or 4.6 forty. Uh you cant make a kid bench 180 25 times. Uh you cant make a kid be 6'4" and 250 lbs. Uh you cant make a kid max out on the vertical leap and the agility drill. Uh sorry just a fact.
Old 07-02-17, 05:52 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Those victories by Coldwater and Versailles all occurred with in the last 16 years, but don't let the facts get in the away of your make believe world.
UH 16 years? So this years senior class would have been 2 years old? Uh dude that is so weak. Uh the good old days are not that good. Nah the "Mactosis" crowd is living in a make believe world. Keep living the dream and deny reality.
Old 07-02-17, 06:02 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Uh I will just say Lakota West has about 950 kids to pick from. Now if you think a school with 150 boys to pick from would have a chance you don't understand numbers and ratios. But that is typical of the dreaded "Mactosis" victims. No sense of reality or recognizing the facts.
Old 07-02-17, 06:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Uh sadly I know a whole bunch of kids who are very aggressive and will never play football at any level.