Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-09-17, 04:46 PM
All Region

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
That's good for Sidney, I also saw today on Scout that Devan Rogers was offered by Rutgers
It's an interesting time in Sidney. Not sure when the last time was they had a legit Div. 1 recruit, let alone 3 of them.
Old 02-09-17, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
It's an interesting time in Sidney. Not sure when the last time was they had a legit Div. 1 recruit, let alone 3 of them.
I maintain that there has been talent in the past but Sidney has never been on the recruiting map for major universities. Now that is starting to change. Hopefully it means future kids get noticed easier moving forward. Every pipeline starts somewhere.
Old 02-10-17, 04:09 AM
All World

troyboy73
2017 grads Hayden Kotwica, Andrew Ray and Dylan Sedam to Capital and Travis Hall to Notre Dame College. From Troy.

Last edited by troyboy73; 02-10-17 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-10-17, 11:33 AM
All District

foghat78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
I maintain that there has been talent in the past but Sidney has never been on the recruiting map for major universities. Now that is starting to change. Hopefully it means future kids get noticed easier moving forward. Every pipeline starts somewhere.
Sidney has never had this type of division 1 talent on the field in the past. You speak of some recruiting map, but major university's don't care about some mythical recruiting map. With Hudl and social media if you have talent coaches find you plain and simple. It doesn't matter if you play for Wayne, Sidney, or Mississiniwa Valley coaches will find you.
Old 02-10-17, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat78 View Post
Sidney has never had this type of division 1 talent on the field in the past. You speak of some recruiting map, but major university's don't care about some mythical recruiting map. With Hudl and social media if you have talent coaches find you plain and simple. It doesn't matter if you play for Wayne, Sidney, or Mississiniwa Valley coaches will find you.
That's my point. There used to be a time when there was no social media and all these recruiting services. I'd argue it's far easier to get your name and game tape out there today than it used to be.
Old 02-11-17, 11:28 AM
All District

foghat78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
That's my point. There used to be a time when there was no social media and all these recruiting services. I'd argue it's far easier to get your name and game tape out there today than it used to be.
I took your point as there has always been talent at Sidney but has not been recruited because they are not on some mythical recruiting map. Sidney has had lower level college talent but very rarely has D1 talent. Even prior to social media if you were good enough to play at the big time universitys, schools would find you. Curtis Enis was one of the most recruited backs in the U.S. and played at Mississiniwa Valley and this was prior to social media and other internet services. Also the recruiting services out there are mostly scams. Mark Porter and scouting Ohio is about the only legit service out there.

No matter what, this is a special group of athletes going through Sidney high school right now. Enjoy the ride.
Old 02-11-17, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I took your point as there has always been talent at Sidney but has not been recruited because they are not on some mythical recruiting map. Sidney has had lower level college talent but very rarely has D1 talent. Even prior to social media if you were good enough to play at the big time universitys, schools would find you. Curtis Enis was one of the most recruited backs in the U.S. and played at Mississiniwa Valley and this was prior to social media and other internet services. Also the recruiting services out there are mostly scams. Mark Porter and scouting Ohio is about the only legit service out there.

No matter what, this is a special group of athletes going through Sidney high school right now. Enjoy the ride.
I definitely wasn't insinuating there has always been talent here. One look through the record books would be enough to tell that isn't the case. I do think some may have slipped through the cracks over the years. Maybe not high major D1 but MAC level.

This is for sure one of the best groups they have ever had without question and it's pretty exciting.
Old 02-15-17, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

Isaiah Bowser visited WVU over the weekend.
Old 02-20-17, 10:53 PM
All Yappi

Devan Rogers continues to rake in offers. Up to 7 now.

Rutgers
Western Michigan
Iowa State
Bowling Green
Toledo
Kent State
Miami (OH)

Isaiah Bowser

Cincinnati
Miami (OH)
Old 03-14-17, 08:30 PM
All Yappi

Rogers up to 10 offers now. Syracuse the latest. First ACC offer.

Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Michigan are the other two since my last post.
Old 03-25-17, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Tipp vs Northmont Is a game I want to see.
Old 03-26-17, 04:21 AM
Junior Varsity

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Would love to sit with you at that game!!!!!
Old 03-27-17, 11:32 AM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Maybe you guys can sit under the same blanket and sip hot coco together!
Old 04-01-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Hmm. WrestlingDad showing his maturity again. Or maybe it's your latent homosexuality that's raring it's head here. Gotta wonder. Maybe you show up and tell us to our face...Na, you're just tough behind a computer screen.

Anyway, I think Tipp vs Northmont will be a great contest between two ex-SWBL rivals. Last meeting was in 1974, a Northmont win.
Old 04-01-17, 02:44 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad33 View Post
Maybe you guys can sit under the same blanket and sip hot coco together!
Uh be very careful, this guy has an in with the big guy.Uh I know been there and done that for no reason.
Old 04-05-17, 12:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh be very careful, this guy has an in with the big guy.Uh I know been there and done that for no reason.
This guy can have it in with any guy he wants. I would be happy to show up and tell you to your face there BUDDY! Last thing in this world that is going to scare me is a guy from Milton!
Old 04-05-17, 01:07 PM
Junior Varsity

I'd love to meet BlessEmAll, TippIsGreat and Wrestlingdad. Or even just know who they really are!!!!!
Old 04-05-17, 03:12 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Hmm. WrestlingDad showing his maturity again. Or maybe it's your latent homosexuality that's raring it's head here. Gotta wonder. Maybe you show up and tell us to our face...Na, you're just tough behind a computer screen.

Anyway, I think Tipp vs Northmont will be a great contest between two ex-SWBL rivals. Last meeting was in 1974, a Northmont win.
Uh, this dude can call you anything and get away with it. Challenges people and calls names and is totally unrestricted in what he can say. If you retaliate you will be put on probation.Must be some kind of connection to the big guy.
Old 04-06-17, 12:49 PM
All Region

uselessknowledge is on a distinguished road
Butler, Greenville, Piqua, and Tipp now all D3. Sidney and Troy stay D2
Old 04-06-17, 04:31 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by uselessknowledge View Post
Butler, Greenville, Piqua, and Tipp now all D3. Sidney and Troy stay D2
That D3 region will be brutal, Trotwood, Alter, Wapak, St Marys, Franklin, Tipp, Butler, Piqua, Dunbar, Bellbrook. Gonna be hard to make the playoffs in that region next year.
Old 04-06-17, 04:43 PM
All Region

St. Marys dropped to 4. I have a hard time believing Butler is smaller than sidney
Old 04-06-17, 04:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by uselessknowledge View Post
St. Marys dropped to 4. I have a hard time believing Butler is smaller than sidney
well thats ok bc i forgot about Mt. Healthy lol
Old 04-07-17, 03:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
I'd love to meet BlessEmAll, TippIsGreat and Wrestlingdad. Or even just know who they really are!!!!!
I will be at every Tipp game. If you are going to make one Private message me and I will be sure to introduce myself!
Old 04-08-17, 11:32 AM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Pool locker rooms have been used over 8 years for officials use only. The city parks department would not permit them to be used by teams. 10 years ago the school had officials dress at school and drove them in a van to the game where they had a small trailer to meet in.
That must be the trailer we had to use as a locker room and could only get one third of our players into at a time - Tipp definitely needs new facilities. Some pee wee programs (Centerville etc) have better facilities. Press Box is so small that the video crew could only get 2/3rds of the end zone on camera.
Old 04-08-17, 11:45 AM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Best Recruiting Service, which is free to the kids, is Mark Porter's ScoutingOhio at www.scoutingohio.com - The colleges pay Porter, not the kids. Players wanting to be recruited need to put their video, contact info etc on Porters site and they can also send it out with an e-mail message from the site to all of the college recruiters that pay to belong to Porters site. Porter also ranks the players on the site and sends out reports to the colleges.
Old 05-16-17, 10:15 PM
All Ohio

Tipp is putting big numbers up in the weight room! over 75 kids have been through not including varsity track and baseball players. Big things to come!
Old 05-20-17, 11:56 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
It is confirmed, Greenville will have artificial grass installed and ready for the 2017 season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-17, 07:04 AM
All Region

Troy will now be only one without turf, but they have a solid field.
Old 05-23-17, 08:31 AM
Junior Varsity

Tipp will not have turf in 2017. Still not any closer fundraising wise so who knows about 2018. Long way to go.
Old 05-23-17, 02:33 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp is putting big numbers up in the weight room! over 75 kids have been through not including varsity track and baseball players. Big things to come!
Congrats, you now join every other GWOC program who lift weights in the off season. I guess maybe 75 is a big number, then congrats.

In breaking news, Vandalia-Butler players are running morning conditioning programs. Look out. (This is probably false but whatever)