Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-13-17, 08:11 AM
All Ohio

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
That wasn't the only post of you questioning Coffman and your insinuation is that the program has a history as in multiple battles right ? So again ask Coach what he thinks of YOUR posts as well . So please cite something in addition to the silly Scioto whining please .

Please give us all your facts lol , really interested in bad mouthing the program bringing this up for what more than 6 months now ? What a guy . And you are thinking he might not like me actually sticking up for the program ? Your full of crap anyway man, , no one cares what you think , and what you claim a coach will say about a poster who actually brings positive attention to the program . But of course this seems important to you , may be that's what you have going on now in your life,. but then again you are likely lying and full of crap .
Old 07-13-17, 08:57 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
please cite something in addition to the silly Scioto whining please ..
Blaming the witness. #classic
Old 07-13-17, 09:28 AM
All Ohio

Whiners tired of getting axes kicked
Old 07-13-17, 09:35 AM
All Ohio

Give your honest opinion . Do you think Coffman was actually recruiting that kid to someday play quarterback ? I know that isn't what needed to be found to get dinged for improper conduct but it really in my opinion was a nothing burger and Scioto who I respect in general especially the HC , I think reached here. They won Coffman got punished but the Irish likely get punished again on the field this year anyway . Scioto Frosh beat Coffman 7-6 last year so may be the Irish wil compete better next two years may be
Old 07-13-17, 10:27 AM
All Ohio

Improper conduct I meant not conduct
Old 07-13-17, 11:02 AM
All Ohio

Contact third time the charm
Old 07-13-17, 11:17 AM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
Well, I believe that the team has left for a very good weekend of 7 on 7 football. Good luck men. Learn something, and have fun.
Old 07-14-17, 07:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Give your honest opinion . Do you think Coffman was actually recruiting that kid to someday play quarterback ?
You've gone on the record as saying the kid would never have started for Scioto or Coffman. This is an unknowable, and seems to a little like the story Aesop told us about the wolf and the grapes. I understand the kid's dad played DI football and the kid himself QB'd a team that only lost once in middle school (including a sweep of the other Dublin schools). That sounds like a better pedigree and resume than Drew Hodgson had. If he didn't have talent, not sure why Brian Wilson would have spent his weekends training him. [side note: Wilson is no longer on the staff at Coffman. Curious. Did he get a better gig or was he let go?]

Quote:
I know that isn't what needed to be found to get dinged for improper conduct but it really in my opinion was a nothing burger and Scioto who I respect in general especially the HC , I think reached here. They won Coffman got punished but the Irish likely get punished again on the field this year anyway .
I'm guessing the incident would have been reported the way it was had the team involved been either Marysville or Kilbourne, as well. A violation was observed. it was reported to an Administration who has a duty to report.

I guess, in summary, it smells a little bit like weaksauce when you frame the incident as "Scioto whining" and the kid as having limited talent and no real future. Not sure why you would take a shot at the kid. That's probably my biggest question in the whole meme. On what basis do you make the claim that he "would never start for Scioto or Coffman", and even if that were likely true, why would take such a shot at a 15 year old kid on these message boards?
Old 07-14-17, 07:59 AM
All Ohio

Brian Wilson? Who is Brian Wilson ? I haven't heard of him . Brian Thomas is the quarterbacks coach are you saying he is no longer on the staff?

OK , never said the kid has no future or potential , but are you saying that he beats out the kid at any point who was Scioto's Frosh QB last year ? Are you saying that Scioto coaches were higher on that kid than the kid who played last year ?

Until anything happens technically EVERYTHING IS UNKWOWABLE, It is my opinion you can disagree , but Coffman and Scioto both had and have as anyone who knows anything about the programs { I thought you were going to be honest} better QB'S with more potential than this kid AT THAT POSITION , he may be a better fit at dDeSales WHERE HE MAY PLAY QB ONE DAY , of course it is unknowable LOL .

Opining about who will be a future starter and who wouldn't be most likely is trashing a kid's whole person potential and future? You are reaching here .

So it seems that when things fail you take the moral high ground and judge my opinions of trashing kids? Read everything I have said about the kid, the negative was Coffman AND SCIOTO have QB'S that are better than he is in his grade that's it . Didn't say he has no potential or future , YOU SAID THAT or the strawman you always accuse me of using along with my special brand of weak sauce.

And yes you can disagree with my assertion that Scioto reacted the way they did not out of 100000 percent duty and morality , but at least partly if not more because they had been beaten pretty badly on the field . So my opinion is and it is unknowable that they were more forceful because of the recent results on the field .

OK I thought you knew the personnel in town, are you saying that the two kids who squared off last year in the Coffman - Scioto Frosh game are not better than the kid I question ? It was pretty clear if you simply use your common sense that the kid and his Dad didn';t think he was going to beat out the kid at Scioto , so they looked for alternatives right ? You can play dumb and have no real opinion and claim no knowledge may be you have no clue that's OK and that's that's your choice , and say everything is unknowable , But opining that the kid wasn't better than the kids at two Dublin High schools is hardly worthy of your morality police unit coming on here as you sometimes do .

Again who is Brian Wilson ? I may just be overlooking the guy you insinuate got fired or let go for { RECRUITING " this kid SMH
Old 07-14-17, 10:01 AM
All Ohio

This is an opinion forum, it is my " Opinion" that Scioto had some revenge motive here , not a call to duty seeing as though the kid from two good sources I have { Again you can pay dumb and say no one knows } wasn't going to Scioto ,and was looking around.

His Dad is a very " Involved" sort, and was thinking since Scioto might not be the place for his son to play QB { again some dot connecting from sources} so he was thinking Coffman? QB Coach and a guy who gives QB private sessions and di to this kid it is reported wasn't the violation .

The Father going to football office to talk to coach I had thought was the infraction . Scioto held it over Coffman's head and Coffman self reported the meeting resulting in the penalty . Of course even with a NEW AD who Crabtree wasn't as familiar with as he was with Tony Pusateri chose not to internally discipline him which tells me that while an OHASSA contact rule was made a case for and judged to be ion violation, the school didn't punish the coach , which tells me that if it was a such a blatant overt recruiting incident , we might be talking about a different coach at Coffman .

The QB coach was NOT LET GO , that is fact, you can speculate that he left as a result of the " Incident " But that's just it , you are speculating .

You seem to want to play Lawyer out here sometimes , nitpicking phrases , trying to make an argument over improper usage references etc. If you want to play rules of evidence games, make objections yelling " That's hearsay " Go for it , I give my opinions and you can disagree all you want that's fine , you can read over the posts looking for mistakes and questioning my morality, knowledge and posting style.

But if you are going to judge don't put words in my mouth , said MANY times since this spring that the kid is a good athlete and from many accounts a good kid, didn't question his future, only that he wasn't going to Scioto and it is seems that it was because he didn't think he was going to be able to play QB there .

Dad thought may be Coffman? WRONG answer , earliest he was ever going to play QB was Senior year, { Junior Ethan Brown will start this year and next} and Soph QB is a better prospect . So he is now at DeSales , .

HS QB'S transfer or choose a certain school after 8th grade as is this case for a few reasons, but the most frequent are systems and potential playing time . In my opinion it was clear that playing time at quarterback at the Varsity level at Scioto and Coffman was not going to be not only guaranteed { Yes nothing is } but unlikely .

It was also posted here when the penalty news broke with posters joining the forum just to talk about this{ And disparage Coffman of course} which I thought was weak and convenient , speculate that Scioto people had simply " HAD ENOUGH " which implied that Coffman had poached players ii the past which was simply FALSE , didn't happen wasn't happening , in fact two kids went to Sells living on the other side of the River hoping to attend Coffman were told they had to go to Scioto , which is the school districts right to rule on , but this crap about having had it with Coffman doing things like this was and I hate this silly phrase 'FAKE NEWS" wasn't happening .

But the posters just joining posted this hearsay because it made Coffman look bad . PERIOD. The story is over, the QB coach wasn't let go , him not being on the staff is about moving on { Up in terms of position on the ladder} not his instructing this particular kid on his throwing mechanics .
Old 07-14-17, 10:37 AM
All World

Way too many words, Stivie. I'm not sorting through that word salad. Sorry.

Yes, *Brian Thomas. Correction. Sorry. He's no longer with the program. Maybe he's gonna be Jon Gruden's side kick at his QB Camp ? LOL.

I will continue this debate with you if you are concise and to the point. I made two very discrete and concise points above (in 150 words or less). If you can respond, in kind, to the these questions (in 150 words or less) I will continue.

1.) What is your basis for asserting that the kid would never start at Scioto or Coffman?(please respond in 150 words or less).

2.) Do you sincerely believe that Scioto would have looked the other way, had the team involved been Kilbourne, Marysville, or even Jerome? (please respond in 150 words or less).
Old 07-14-17, 11:06 AM
All Ohio

other kids better than he is and I think is irrelevant what they would have done , it was an opportunity to screw around with Coffman , your take that it was some kind of civic duty and obligation I am not buying , again the main point is I don't think they were trying to steal the kid away from Scioto HE WAS NOT GOING THERE ANYWAY

So why do you think the kid isn't at Scioto if he was probably going to start ? Why do you think he is now at DeSales? Do you think he is a great QB prospect? My opinion is all saw the other two kids they are better than he is , you disagree? So be it , bad loss for your Irish I guess .
Old 07-14-17, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

I Can't speculate on what they may have done , you seem TO KNOW for a fact they would do the same thing , I don't , you can say it's civic duty and pureness of heart , I will disagree and say because it Coffman it was DIFFERENT . So your position is the kid likely would be the guy at some point or good enough to be so they were recruiting him , risking potential trouble to try to convince him to move across the river? Is that your assertion sir ? Of course you take the fifth like the good lawyer you are lol
Old 07-14-17, 11:40 AM
All Ohio

Rocks 1-2-1 in pool play , 3 more games in the afternoon per twitter . Funny that Dimwittie juggernaut power Sap made fun of was actual state champs in 2012 and made the final last year in Virginia's 4-A LEVEL { 1200 students d-2 here} . A lot of speed down there a lot of teams from North and South Carolina, winning not important but the scores have been fairly close and competitive so it seems the kids are getting something out of it .

I see your point[s] LF , I am done with this topic it's done , played and not real important at this point. My opinion differs from yours , you can think it's unfair that I mentioned that Scioto was whining and that is part of their motives to act, that's fine I'll disagree.

But there is a reason the kid is at DeSales, my thoughts on why are what they are, you can think Coffman was recruiting him to be a future QB and i'll l disagree , although I really haven't heard your opinion , may be you don't have one and have no knowledge how good he is or the kids who were playing at Scioto and Coffman last year in the same grade , so if you don't know you don't know , but I think DeSales was chosen for a reason is all and I stated my thoughts .
Old 07-14-17, 12:02 PM
All Ohio

There is a lot of interesting storylines in Central Ohio this season , including some of the aforementioned stories on this thread that have been reported on.

Coach Golden's story is especially special and lets hope his recovery continues and he gets stronger. Hard not to root for him and Delaware this season, the kids will have a huge incentive to rally around him no question.

Magistro is a hall of famer , but may be he think s he has done what he can at Central and wants one more challenge to turn a program around , he is a proven winner and the job he has done at Central has show that .

Grove City is a job that has some real positives , unfortunately as LF pointed out they are in a meat grinder with the Pickerington's and Gahanna as well as Lancaster and R-Burg , open with Davidson , but they have picked up two studs in the Ready transfer and another who played at Ready his Soph Yr. before going to Davidson last year . 5 year plan and build is necessary .

Coffman Gahanna and UA going to R-2 is interesting , may be more to me obviously , but my take about change being good and interesting was made because the Rocks were drawing Davidson and Wayne too often . Of course they are both great programs , but it wasn't because they couldn't beat them , it's just more interesting to see other match-ups once in a while .

Saw Wayne three of the last 4 years, and yes lost each time , 2014 game was more like a regional final in quality though, and Davidson in 2012, 2014 and last year after of course seeing them in the reg season. Rocks were 2-1 in those play-off games , but as great as the rivalry is , it's more interesting to me anyway for more variety . this move doesn't ensure it because Gahanna Olentangy and UA are on the regular season schedule , but they haven't seen these teams in the actual play-offs .

But at least Wayne and Davidson are inR-3 so that is an impossibility . Liberty I think will continue their winning ways .

I do think Marysville stock is pointing upwards and may be worth a small buy . They have a few talented kids who will p[lay D-1 and the numbers rising is a good sign, nice community that really supports the programs when they are good, not saying they don't now but if they start to win ? the fans and community really follows.
Old 07-14-17, 12:06 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Funny that Dimwittie juggernaut power Sap made fun of was actual state champs in 2012 and made the final last year in Virginia's 4-A LEVEL
Some decent lax starting to develop in the Nova, but Virginia football is sad. Lots of individual talent, but nowhere near the level of team play as Ohio. <obvious troll>Hey wait, that sounds like Coffman too, ha ha.</obvious troll> Kenton should be able to compete up a few divisions size-wise there so long as they don't draw Sullivan. Hope your guys have fun. You going?
Old 07-14-17, 12:23 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But there is a reason the kid is at DeSales
Maybe he'll never play. Who knows. What is certain is he will be pushed to maximize his physical and mental strength more than he would have in the northwest exurbs. He'll be taught the value of self control and discipline. He will participate in a full brotherhood that doesn't coddle primadonnas. He will receive actual instruction on moral truths in the school building. And he'll be in a community with a higher degree of racial and social economic diversity that will better prepare him for a real world that doesn't look like the mix of rich white d00chebroland and Asian IT and STEM supernerdville that exists in that happy monocultural enclave off the Emerald Parkway.
Old 07-14-17, 12:28 PM
All Ohio

7 ON 7 is about individual talent , not real football , I don't think Virginia football is sad , but 7 on 7 is what it is , more about match-ups outside passing skills coverage skills which is individual in nature in this type of competition .

Hartley does well in 7 on 7 despite being more run based because they have good atheltes who can beat one on one coverage and cover one on one , Coffman has run the ball more than they have passed overall in Crabtree's tenure although they certainly pass more than Hartley , but 7 on 7 is skill based, I'm not down there but I wil surmise that they aren't the fastest team down there
Old 07-14-17, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

To those who say it' ME ME ME LOL as a reason why people don't like some Dublin traits and or the Coffman community in general .It has bene this way since way before I have been here

Not sure DeSales is more diverse than Coffman high school . So basically what you are saying is Dublin is all white save a few nerdy Asians and that the majority of whites are D-BAGS? Hmm can't say I have ever talked abut a community in that vane , but then again I am the evil one here .

So what else you are saying is kids in this community have no morals self control or discipline? If that is the case, I can't imagine what the kids would achieve if they were moral like the good humans at DeSales . Kids doing pretty well here in most areas, despite the lack of overall character and positive traits like you have at Catholic schools.

As I always say you are a true treasure sir
Old 07-14-17, 02:26 PM
Varsity

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHM View Post
No one is threatening you. No harm will come from anonymous chest pounding.

Crabtree reads yappi. I have asked him. He won't punch me in the face. No altercation will occur. I guarantee

Next week I will say, "what do you think of harrycrane on yappi"

He might love it and endorse you. He might hate it and be embarrassed by you. Or he might not care.

No matter what I'll let you know what he says.

LOL! My money says is he is embarrassed.Seriously,what rational Dublin Coffman fan wouldn't be ? I warned everyone here how unhinged Harrycrane was on the other board and knew his ugliness would continue here.It's the same old same old and quite honestly trying to read all the rants spewing from his fingertips is pretty useless.After awhile you just become numb to it anyways.Sometimes you wonder if he is for real or just working everyone.If he's for real,then I think some meds and a nice padded cell would do wonders for him.
Old 07-14-17, 02:45 PM
All Ohio

Again thanks for reading . Still haven't posted anything about football like I do. Useless? You will keep reading EVERY postbox course still haven't said anything interesting or pertaining to football . What exactly specifically do you have a problem with that makes you numb after reading every single of my posts ? Who do you support?

Warning people about? People still read frequently including you for some reason
Old 07-14-17, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

Rocks 2-4-1 in pool play , pretty much every game was close, it appears via twitter . Results aren't all that important but the games being close and winning a couple helps .

The main thing is getting some reps and work on the pass defense and passing offense part of the game. Of course the line of scrimmage on both sides isn't worked on here as well as run defense or the running game obviously .

New QB with not a lot of experience at receiver at this point so the results are probably good considering . 2014 with Gunnar improving a lot from Soph to JR. yr and the receiving corp. returning almost fully in tact they did better , but any work and improvement is helpful .

Camp is nearing and even the posters are getting towards regular season form judging from the views and the trolls being out disparaging me personally, Coffman football and the community .

Again pretty sure Tiger Alum could open 45 new threads and no one would care or read, but then again he only trolls add nothing of value despite repeated requests from me to regale us with his knowledge insight and acumen even if it's not high school football , anything Tiger db , come on say something smart, funny , anything of value , I dare you crickets of course you have no game , but hey even forums need ditch digging trolls .
Old 07-14-17, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

These next few days are huge for me and exciting, as well. Going to some 7on7 competition tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. Then a break and will be attending some more at the end ofnext week and the week after.
I know – 7on7 is not real football. All passing. Played in shorts and tee shirts. Two hand tap. Linebackers are always dropping and developing bad habits. No real pressure on the QB’s. And the list goes on and on.
Players are working on individual skills.Receivers are running routes – working on separation – gettingreps at catching the football. QB’s are working on their feet –working on their reads – getting a better understanding of the offense. DB’s are working on their hips – working on closing speed – working on coverage skills – working on secondary awareness. LB’s are working on drops – working on change of direction – working on recognition.
Players are getting a chance to compete against a different colored shirt – a chance to see and work against different talent levels – a chance to get in another day of team conditioning.
Much more importantthen it may sound, players get a chance to work together as a team – achance to bond – a chance to have some fun together, as well as compete as a team. Building team chemistry is huge.
For me, watching and evaluating players in 7on7 competition and learning more about players is just as good or even better than a college football summer camp. Of course, the 7on7 competition has to be good and has to be organized. No barnyard football, please.
What do I learn about players?
The height/weight.
Receivers – can he run– does he have a burst – can he separate – is he disciplined – can he catch – will he go over the middle – does he stay focused
Quarterbacks – can they move their feet -can they direct the offense – do they make good decisions – good technique – core muscle strength. do they good decisions – are they coachable.
Defensive backs – size – can they run fast – can they change direction – can they play zone – recovery speed – can they turn and run – do they anticipate
Linebackers – are they disciplined – can they open their hips – can they level off – can they change direction can they lead
Running backs are harder to evaluate, because they are limited. Good hips – burst – soft hands – can they catch out of the backfield
Just a note – putting in question marks takes way too much time.
I really spend a lot of time on attitude. Controlled competitive aggression. Is he a punk? Is he a “wannabee?” Is he a complainer in the huddle? Does he take cheap shots?
When they are not in competition, I try to visit with as many prospects aspossible. Can they communicate with me? Do they look at me, when talking with them? Am I wasting their time? A lot of joking, but I learn a lot.
My early schedule –
1. Bucyrus tomorrow – 2. Dayton University – Monday – 3. Mansfield Senior – Tuesday.
If you enjoy watching high school football players compete, try to make it toa 7on7 competition. Remember – no shoulder pads, but still a lot of fun.

This was cut and pasted from John Mcallisters site , his latest post , been paid by college programs for years as a scout, former Ohio High school coach , has a good site look it up, google John Mcallister scouting , I know more of the knowledgeable guys out here know of him if not know him personally . Hits the nail on the head IMO concerning 7 on 7
Old 07-15-17, 03:44 PM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Coffman got killed at the national 7 on 7. What a waste of time and money.
Old 07-15-17, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

almost al the games were very competitive won a couple tied one lost 6? Oh Well good teams , a lot of D-1 kids there always great to compete win or lose in this type of activity against the talent skill and speed that was there. Got some good work in ,learning experience .

Not your time or your money , so why are you even commenting on it ? Trolling of course
Old 07-15-17, 07:51 PM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
AHM, did your team even go? Were they even invited? So what if we had lost every game, which we did not. Good trip, team came together more, learned some things, and grew in ways which you have no idea. Were you there? Did you see any of the games?
Stiv is not the only Coffman fan on here. If you have nothing to add positive just stop posting on here, and threads about Coffman. You seem to only want to get under Stivs skin. I have no idea if that is trolling or not. And he seems to get the best of you more than not. Wish you and your team the best of luck. GO ROCKS. Make this year memorable!
Old 07-15-17, 09:24 PM
Varsity

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
The question I have is why teams like Wayne, St Ed, Mentor, and Ignatius don't participate in the state or national 7 on 7s. Seems to me it's more about getting kids exposure more than anything. Sure, you see some D1 athletes and your DBs and LBs are challenged, but I have to wonder how much it actually helps a team as a whole. Maybe it does more than I think, but if it did I would expect more of the perennial powers to play in these. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-17, 04:15 AM
All Ohio

Most good programs participate in 7 on 7 in some capacity they just may not enter that particular state tournament , not sure why . Coffman with their very good facilities and a lot of space has been the host, , you do well in that you qualify to go where they went this weekend, it's an invitational .

As i said, there are multiple 7 on 7's tournaments right up until camp starts on weekends , Coffman had to qualify for this .This isn't an all encompassing activity , this isn't taking the place of lifting, running or practicing, as the season and camp obviously haven't started yet.

For an example of how it helps I posted Mr. Mcallisters thoughts , it certainly is useful for receivers defensive backs , quarterbacks linebackers coverage skills . What else I think helps is team bonding going away together taking a trip , I have seen over the years in travel sports, at times the camaraderie that goes on when going away , develops more of a closeness of the players which in football being the ultimate team game helps .

I have a feeling at least with a few posters, no matter what Coffman high school or the Dublin community cose to do it';s going to be questioned, ridiculed and mocked as if these posters were 14 years old jerky kids in the back of the classroom .

That's been proven fairly well . Rico may have legit questions, but if you can't wrap your heads around this concept or know nothing about 7 on 7 at this point in time , you simply are out of the loop . I mean even Hilliard Davidson participates in a couple 7 on 7's or have in the past and as I said , there are day long 7 on 7's that many teams participate in and will in the next few weeks.

As for Coffman's performance and the very astute and forum treasure AHUMMM take that it was a waste of time and money mentioning the getting killed part , doe she think if they went 6-2-1 it would have been ok ? It was a a few days to go away together build some chemistry among many NEW AND FIRST YEAR STARTERS , including most of the receiving crew and the QB , and compete on a couple aspects of the game that can help them develop skills and get reps.

As I said, Coffman last partciapted in this type of tournament in 2014 and did much better , that team had experience and their whole receiving group coming back and more defensive backs returning, this team has talent and will be a good team, but Coffman runs the ball about 55 percent of the time , some years 60 or more, this year it may be 60 or more , and considering the lack of experience overall including Defensive back with the team having a whole new secondary , it wasn't a bad experience.

Lastly , what I think is a waste of time , is going to a tournament and beating up teams , playing subpar competition where you aren't pushed and tested much. I always found in youth sports tournaments where you have to travel , is the aforementioned closeness and chemistry that can be developed, but also playing against very good competition makes you better, taking some lumps can be useful to help improvement , learn some lessons and becoming more comfortable palying with less time and space to operate .

Being pushed helps develop skills and confidence . this type of experience helps the kids get more comfortable at least in the areas where 7 on 7 is concerned get more comfortable operating under more pressure and space to work in . QB'S had to fit balls into tighter coverage,, receivers had to try to create some separation against skilled, fluid and fast kids , defensive backs had to adjust to elevated skill and speed levels , get out of their comfort zones ,, it can only help down the road.

Now if you want to say , they would be better off spending the three days at home with a more structured familiar lifting /workout schedule . OK but I think the positives outweigh any negatives here.