Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-05-17, 07:55 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Dublin Coffman 2017

A few key questions for the Rocks to answer in the off-season such as a big one . Who is the QB going to be ? Do they keep Ernst at slot where he looked like a natural and develop Rising Junior Brown who has a lot of tools but needs refinement ? Or go with Ernst the more safe choice ?

They appear to be short of receivers , so I think hard at utilizing Ernst in that capacity . We'll see
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-17, 09:21 AM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
A few key questions for the Rocks to answer in the off-season such as a big one . Who is the QB going to be ? Do they keep Ernst at slot where he looked like a natural and develop Rising Junior Brown who has a lot of tools but needs refinement ? Or go with Ernst the more safe choice ?

They appear to be short of receivers , so I think hard at utilizing Ernst in that capacity . We'll see
you are right there are a lot of questions but we will have to wait and see what happens during recruiting season with a QB. Someone is out there ready to be worked out. will more investigation turn up more wrongdoing? will there be eventual more coach suspensions meaning will the players that dont currently live in the district be forced to go back to the school where they reside. You are right there are a lot of questions
Old 01-05-17, 09:43 AM
All American

No problems , all the kids as always live in the district , no questions, but thanks for the pathetic obtuse take AHUMMMM, a true Pathetic Troll wh adds the null set to any discussion , a real treasure toilet .
Old 01-05-17, 02:40 PM
All Region

Quote:
No problems , all the kids as always live in the district , no questions, but thanks for the pathetic obtuse take AHUMMMM, a true Pathetic Troll wh adds the null set to any discussion , a real treasure toilet .
Ok. If you say so.
Old 01-05-17, 02:49 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Dublin Coffman 2017
8/25 A Perrysburg
9/1 H Dublin Scioto
9/8 ? Unknown Opponent
9/15 A Lewis Center Olentangy
9/22 H Gahanna Lincoln
9/29 H Marysville
10/6 A Grove City Central Crossing
10/13 A Hilliard Davidson
10/20 H Galloway Westland
10/27 A Upper Arlington
Old 01-05-17, 10:39 PM
All American

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I heard that there might be a chance that Ernst might be moving back to his parents hometown of Minster.....
Old 01-05-17, 11:18 PM
All American

Of course another troll , no chance dushbag , Going to OSU to play baseball , will play with the kids he grew up with not with the offspring of his parents friends kids from high school , thanks for your non contribution troll
Old 01-06-17, 05:14 AM
All Region

Quote:
Of course another troll , no chance dushbag , Going to OSU to play baseball , will play with the kids he grew up with not with the offspring of his parents friends kids from high school , thanks for your non contribution troll
Everyone else is a troll? Do you see a pattern here?

"Nothing to see here!"
Old 01-06-17, 07:51 AM
All American

Big difference that you are too obtuse to see, you ADDED NOTHING to the discussion, just trolled, I posted FACTS , raw numbers that show the competitive imbalance of having ONE Catholic city program in a region with small farming communities and the results that predictably follow which is more than not very easy no heavy lifting wins and almost a direct entry into the state semifinals EVERY YEAR .

Big difference in quality of posts, you say nothing and add nothing except that weak pot shot post that was the work of a dimwitted poster with nothing real to post . And that Big &^^ cat poster is from Minster and because Ernst Father grew up there and played there may be what 25 years ago that Marcus is somehow a Minster kid or Minster property , just anojther nonsense adding nothing substantive to the convo , just trolling to disparage with a weak effort I must say .
Old 01-06-17, 09:09 AM
All Region

Quote:
Big difference that you are too obtuse to see, you ADDED NOTHING to the discussion, just trolled, I posted FACTS , raw numbers that show the competitive imbalance of having ONE Catholic city program in a region with small farming communities and the results that predictably follow which is more than not very easy no heavy lifting wins and almost a direct entry into the state semifinals EVERY YEAR .

Big difference in quality of posts, you say nothing and add nothing except that weak pot shot post that was the work of a dimwitted poster with nothing real to post . And that Big &^^ cat poster is from Minster and because Ernst Father grew up there and played there may be what 25 years ago that Marcus is somehow a Minster kid or Minster property , just anojther nonsense adding nothing substantive to the convo , just trolling to disparage with a weak effort I must say .
Ok if you say so. I thought I asked legitimate questions regarding eligibility, recruiting and potentiometer expanding discipline. In my eyes, those are backed up by fact, seeing that the Coffman coach has already been suspended for recruiting.
Old 01-06-17, 09:31 AM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Hope for Brown's sake they use him at QB or the "move" from Marysville was boneheaded stubbornness by dad.

Wish Brown luck just would have liked to see him in the blue and red of Marysville.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-17, 09:55 AM
All American

umm the two game suspension was served , it's over , the administration and school officials are 10000 percent behind the coach here if you initiated any recruitment he would have been fired that's not what happened though , complete support there is no other eligibility or any questions or problems to deal with at all , there was never an ineligible player or anything like that, so you raising questions about NOTHING is weak .

What legitimate questions or unanswered questions are there ? The kid and his father went to Crabtree's office uninvited, asking about the kid moving from one side of the river to the other because the kid was told in certain terms he would never start at QB for Scioto stage dad who is a confirmed piece of work started HIS OWN SON'S HIGH SCHOO SEARCH , Crabtree certainly didn't approach this kid who would have probably never started or been a star QB at Coffman .

Coach made a mistake both coaches , it wasn't some great recruitment story , it was dealt with and it's over kid is at DeSales, nice kid I am told good luck to him .

The FACT is you are slinging non existent mud here, why would there be expanding discipline ? The story is over punishment served end of story , whose eligibility are you inferring is in question ? Your questions are backed up by facts ? what facts ? the story played itself out , it's done except for your obtuse trolling that is
Old 01-06-17, 10:25 AM
All American

Well unfortunately M-Ville program has bene down a bit the last few years , don't know the Dad , but he will play at QB at some point , but I think M-Ville 's instability and lack of success lately was the crux of that " Move" and impetus .

QB'S like Mike Lowery to Gahanna , Jared Drake to Westy Central , Murducco to UA to name just a few go where they A} can play or have a better chance to start earlier or altogether , or b} the offense where they were before is not ideal for their respective skill sets or C} a coach leaves and the program is in some kind of disarray ,by the way who did M-VILLE hire as the new coach ? Cotter had soe earlier success but program ahs taken a step or two back lately, hope it gets turned around with the new coach .

As for Ethan , he has all the tools , what I saw of him was a big strong kid whose fundamentals were lacking a bit , Gunnar Hoak 's improvement jump in his footwork , pocket presence and overall game from his Soph year to his Junior year was HUGE, big improvement , weight transfer, footwork quickness and efficiency was greatly improved and that's also where Ethan has to improve his game IMO.

Eyes downfield , no happy shuffling feet , weight transfer and delivery are things given a reasonable amount of athletic ability are all crucial things that QB'S can improve .
Old 01-06-17, 10:30 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What legitimate questions or unanswered questions are there ? The kid and his father went to Crabtree's office uninvited, .
Did they show up uninvited to the multiple private coaching sessions with Coach Thomas too? Or was it just coincidental that father, son, and Coffman QB coach were all at the high school at the same time?
Old 01-06-17, 10:54 AM
All American

So you are saying that Brian Thomas was actively recruiting this kid ? really ? So he doesn't workout kids unless he think s he can get them to go to Coffman?

So it is illegal to work the kid out if you do such workouts as a business thing , you know how some say soccer coaches give private lessons/ workouts ?

Kid had every right to been tutored by this coach but you seem to be saying that Thomas / Crabtree were trying to coerce the family to move the mile to reside in the Coffman district ?

Had to laugh at all the experts with video camera's who just happened to join this site when this came out and al the information they seemed to have but weren't sharing previously , hmmm

There are things about this that we won't know but what I do know is this , the administration and school officials WOULD NOT BE BEHIND COACH if the situation was an overt heavy real recruiting of this kid , that much I do know , and I also know that the 132- 14 aggregate azz kikcings of the last 3 years play some role in the zealousness of the Scioto faction pursuing this .

Coffman by the way has done this with WITH ZERO TRANSFERS OR MOVE ACROSS THE RIVER FORMER DAVIS KIDS , ZERO NULL SET NADA .

I will go out on a limb and say the 2017 game will have the coaching staff pretty fired up for it and hence the kids as well , look for a similar result to the average 44-5 beatdowns that have occurred over the last 3 meetings .
Old 02-09-17, 03:13 PM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
Will be excited to see who is your week 3 opponent .

Kids are working hard in the weight room. The top guys may be Coffman's strongest. Problem is none are offensive lineman.

Quarterback will be interesting with Ernst having a OSU scolly for baseball. Brown is big and strong, may be the runner we lacked last year. Ernst proved he can make difficult catches.

Offensive line is a mystery. Holcomb returns a seasoned vet, with a couple others that saw duty when injuries popped up.

Defensive line return Bagozzi, and Cummings.

Linebacker should be solid with 3 returners in Hoak, Boteng, and Crabtree, and a host of others that could play linebacker.

Backs could be anything from 3 power backs and smash mouth. To a single scat back donut. Will be very interesting if competition is opened up.

Defensive backs could be young. Young Hamilton could be as punishing as brother was. Corners are wide open.
Old 02-09-17, 03:35 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coffman by the way has done this with WITH ZERO TRANSFERS OR MOVE ACROSS THE RIVER FORMER DAVIS KIDS , ZERO NULL SET NADA . .
Really? What neighborhood are the Marcinicks in ?

Quote:
you know how some say soccer coaches give private lessons/ workouts ? .
I make it my business to know as little about communist futbol as possible. I'll have to defer to your expertise here.
Old 02-10-17, 06:00 PM
All American

OK boss errr Lambeau , yes he was poached to play football from DAVIS oh that's right he didn't go there he went to ST Bridgits and he went to Coffman as much to play for a real hockey program which Scioto doesn't really have , so nice try , it isn'[t happening and hasn't happened where Davis/ Scioto kids are poached NOT HAPPENING so the take that they finally had enough bullcrap is just that . Going to get ugly again this year for the Irish I am afraid .

You are a fraud because I know you knew Marcinick's situation and even wrote yourself he went to Coffman for hockey as much as anything. and was as much hockey which is in my opinion was a sport he could have been as good in terms of going somewhere in as football , although he had a great career and is a great kid and student at Yale now.
Old 02-10-17, 06:05 PM
All American

Soccer is a communist sport? niiiiiiceee, COME ON NOW YOU ARE A REAL WRESTLING GUY I KNOW RESPECT YOUR OPINON on that sport as well as this one so what is your stance on al of the transferring that goes on in that sport not to mention kids BEING HELD BACK to gain advantages ?
Old 02-10-17, 06:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
OK boss errr Lambeau , yes he was poached to play football from DAVIS oh that's right he didn't go there he went to ST Bridgits and he went to Coffman as much to play for a real hockey program which Scioto doesn't really have , so nice try , it isn'[t happening and hasn't happened where Davis/ Scioto kids are poached NOT HAPPENING so the take that they finally had enough bullcrap is just that . Going to get ugly again this year for the Irish I am afraid .

You are a fraud because I know you knew Marcinick's situation and even wrote yourself he went to Coffman for hockey as much as anything. and was as much hockey which is in my opinion was a sport he could have been as good in terms of going somewhere in as football , although he had a great career and is a great kid and student at Yale now.
Your coach has been suspended by the Ohio High School Athletic Association. He's been proven a recruiter and has lost the benefit of the doubt. Sorry.
Old 02-10-17, 06:46 PM
All American

Yes Scrump , offensive line needs to step up and become a culture within the culture IMO. Holcomb is going to be real good I think , Koehler has size Zinser's as well BUT they need to get after it not only getting stronger but working on their feet and quickness . Potential is there I think to be a good unit eventually but the next 6 months is crucial in terms of remaking body's a bit and getting stronger .

LB'S are going to be a good group , the question is are they going to be a " SPECIAL " Group ? Is Jeslord going to add the 10-15 and become a force? Hoak will work hard I am sure and be really solid. Crabby needs to get stronger more explosion? Easy for fans to sit back and say we don't have to do the work but this group has the potential to be one of the better Coffman LB'S crew's make their mark .

Buehler, Frazier and Robinson with John Wurm coming hard from Safety brought a lot of great run support and blitzing ability made the 2009 LB group special.

2007 group led by tackling machine Steve Gardiner was real solid and held ST X to their lowest offensive total in 15 games as Coffman was the only team to gain more yards from scrimmage than ST X.

2012 group was also good , Flinders was a tough tough kid , a lot of sacks and big plays a big hitter on the ice as well as hockey player. Juniors Hayes and Stein were physical kids who supported the run well , but were really helped by D-Lineman McCollum and Jones.

2014 team was special overall and , LB'S Grady, Febus and McKinney were a very solid trio , but I think this group can be as effective and they have a great chance if they put the work in the next 6 months to be remembered in a very positive way .

2015 was a very solid unit as well with the aforementioned Grady , McKinney along with Colt Whitman with Griffin Hoak adding depth and starting when Whitman went down was a very good group .

D-line may add an errant O-Lineman or so? Cole Bagozzi will be a very solid performer , uses his hands well , won't back down against anyone , Cummings is a stud athlete, he's only 5-6 / 5-7 may be BUT he is quick strong and wreaks havoc, made a lot of eye opening plays , the kid is a football player .

Hamilton is a larger framed bigger kid than his brother, he has a lot of potential to be a playmaker in the secondary, and there are enough athletes to have a good unit back there when they figure out who won't be playing offense .

QB I feel is Brown and Ernst making plays at Wide Out ? Obviously Marcus can play the QB position and would be an asset , but on this particular team without a lot of outside weapons he may be best utilized there, he is really a natural in the slot and out wide, nice athletic movements , excellent hands , solid routes .

Drennan is an X Factor , I feel he can be a real special player , a breakout performer this season , a Curtis Samuels type player who can hurt you in a multitude of ways. This kid just has " IT" he has hips, feet and can operate in a phone-booth, you cannot teach or coach what this does, and I think this D-1 athlete has the kind of ability that the coaching staff has to really work hard to be more creative to get the most out of and I thin he wants to be great and the staff has a lot of ways they can get the ball into his hands .

TRUTH BE TOLD , he could be put on teams best receivers and play some defense in spots . Think Gahanna with Columbus Academy transfer Bruckner with former Pick North QB Lowery throwing the ball to him in week 5 at Coffman stadium ? Can't teach those hips in terms of covering top Wideouts .

Running game is all about how Sturdivant can play and stay healthy and produce ?
Old 02-10-17, 06:48 PM
All American

Nice work Boss , you have some lightweight no nothing poster surmising that Marcinick was recruited by Crabtree , PROPS TO YOU , good work sir LOL what do think 40- 13 final in week 2 ?
Old 02-10-17, 06:59 PM
All American

Going to educate you a little here AHM . Do you really think that a 2nd year AD at Coffman would just let Crabtree not only continue coaching never mind give the support he did to coach if this was a " REAl " case of actually enticing recruiting this kid to come to Coffman ?

They made a mistake , anyone who knows anything about this case , KNOWS IT WAS NOTHING, there was a punishment given , BUT this kid was never going to be a QB at Coffman was not a star athlete that was going to be a coup , you know nothing about this at all so your benefit of doubt means less than zero , but it's over the punishment is rendered and that's that .

Doesn't change the fact that more Sells kids have gone over the river in the Eastern Direction than there has been Davis KIDS going to Coffman . Speaking of the great 2007 team , Morris was a good D-Lineman who lived in the Coffman district open enrolled at Scioto, would have started and helped Coffman no question , that Coffman team had ZERO STARTERS not from the Karrer Sells official zone attendance area
Old 02-11-17, 09:28 AM
All District

Iluvftball is on a distinguished road
Zinsers. Lol yeah good luck with them. They get beat in 1 on 1 OL/DL drills every Friday night at the open training at the D1. HC you giving out Week 2 predictions already. Trust me I can't wait for tthatgame. People please get off of Crabtree. He served his suspension and it is over and done. I know met him 7-8 years ago and he has always been a class act. I know a little about this situation and have spoke to the Stage Dad as HC calls him(LOL) and I know for a fact that Crabtree was not actively recruiting the kid. Why would he. He has his QBs position is set for the next few years. Oh he is guilty because he watched the kid while his QB coach was doing QB training with the kid(as he works with several QBs) But I guess when you are successful people will alway try to tarnish your accomplishment.
Old 02-11-17, 09:52 AM
All American

Happy for the Irish making playoffs and winning a game. Solid improvement . I just think the emotion of playing the program that said they were wronged because a QB. Ouch worked out a kid who was never going to attend Scioto anyway and whined about it .

The we"lol give you something to whine about AGAIN might be in play again .
Truth be told I M not really expecting a 40 pt margin like the last two years , but they will be fired up.

Not saying Zinsers are ballers a lot of work to do , but Coffman has done a decent job getting improvement from questionable units such as the Oline in years past. Always a player or two going from Offensevto defense or defense to offense along the line as well .

Hope your boys off season is going well.
Old 02-11-17, 08:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Going to educate you a little here AHM . Do you really think that a 2nd year AD at Coffman would just let Crabtree not only continue coaching never mind give the support he did to coach if this was a " REAl " case of actually enticing recruiting this kid to come to Coffman ?

They made a mistake , anyone who knows anything about this case , KNOWS IT WAS NOTHING, there was a punishment given , BUT this kid was never going to be a QB at Coffman was not a star athlete that was going to be a coup , you know nothing about this at all so your benefit of doubt means less than zero , but it's over the punishment is rendered and that's that .

Doesn't change the fact that more Sells kids have gone over the river in the Eastern Direction than there has been Davis KIDS going to Coffman . Speaking of the great 2007 team , Morris was a good D-Lineman who lived in the Coffman district open enrolled at Scioto, would have started and helped Coffman no question , that Coffman team had ZERO STARTERS not from the Karrer Sells official zone attendance area
Okay. If you say this is how it went down, Im sure thats the way it went down.
Old 02-12-17, 05:01 AM
All American

Nothing " WENT DOWN" that's kind of the point , kid wasn't recruited to come to Coffman PERIOD . he was never going to go to Scioto and he is nmow at DeSales, a good not great player who woud have NEVER playwed QB at Coffman took some throwing lessons , wish him well , heard he is a good kid with a very 'INVOLVED " Dad .

Aren't you a Catholic school honk AHUMM? Which school is it ?
Old 02-12-17, 11:10 AM
All Region

Quote:
Nothing " WENT DOWN" that's kind of the point , kid wasn't recruited to come to Coffman PERIOD . he was never going to go to Scioto and he is nmow at DeSales, a good not great player who woud have NEVER playwed QB at Coffman took some throwing lessons , wish him well , heard he is a good kid with a very 'INVOLVED " Dad .

Aren't you a Catholic school honk AHUMM? Which school is it ?
I suppose I'm a central Ohio school honker? I have no overt allegiance to anyone in particular but I respect those programs that do it the right way and abhor those that don't.
Old 02-12-17, 12:45 PM
All American

Your implication is Coffman has a bad program ? If you want to think the kid was indeed really recruited yet Coffman retained the coach so be it . Abhor away , it's an excellent program whose kids excel academically as well . Abhor is a solid vocabulary word , program is honored to be " abhorred by you .
Old 02-12-17, 04:06 PM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's an excellent program whose kids excel academically as well .
Probably explains why they award the Valedictorian distinction to like 70 kids every year.