Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-16-17, 04:28 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I find this to be extremely naive. The kids dad wants him to play at an elite level of football. He's moved around how many times?

He has 3 good parochial options in his back yard that all offer a good education and a bunch more publics. Bologna... none of those schools have won state over the last two seasons. This isn't hard to see.

So he wants to play at an elite level? I am not naive about that. I said he came to Hoban to play football. What's your beef? That he came to Hoban instead of St V? Mooney, Ursuline? All of those teams have won state championships and have a quality education. So why the issue with Hoban? I would think his parents looked at all options and chose the best for their son. Wouldn't you?

You seem to know a lot about him? How many times he has moved and where his back yard is? How about give the young man a break and worry about something that matters? You will get to see him in Youngstown soon enough when Hoban plays at Stambaugh stadium in the fall
Old 07-16-17, 05:12 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
So he wants to play at an elite level? I am not naive about that. I said he came to Hoban to play football. What's your beef? That he came to Hoban instead of St V? Mooney, Ursuline? All of those teams have won state championships and have a quality education. So why the issue with Hoban? I would think his parents looked at all options and chose the best for their son. Wouldn't you?

You seem to know a lot about him? How many times he has moved and where his back yard is? How about give the young man a break and worry about something that matters? You will get to see him in Youngstown soon enough when Hoban plays at Stambaugh stadium in the fall
I read this thread. That's what I know about him. Moved several times. You can read it too.

Don't come on here and sugarcoat this mercenary ball player mentality it's so obvious. Hoban doesn't matter to me. Happens everywhere.
Old 07-16-17, 06:18 PM
All Region

Cool

Quote:
I read this thread. That's what I know about him. Moved several times. You can read it too.

Don't come on here and sugarcoat this mercenary ball player mentality it's so obvious. Hoban doesn't matter to me. Happens everywhere.
Mercenary ball player! Is that what it's called? I thought he was just a 15-16 year old kid who loves to play football. Probably likes to compete and win. Probably works his #%"$ off every day of the year to get better. Attends lots of camps and has a personal coach. His parents probably have paid a lot of money for these advantages because he showed exceptional ability sometime when he was young. He may even have a dream of playing for a state championship or in college someday. So if the parents want to pay $11K a year and drive 30 minutes to and from school that's their choice. It's what makes America great.

The funny part about your comment is that you state " I read this thread, that's what I know about him". That is hilarious. Says everything.
Old 07-16-17, 06:22 PM
All World

Question

Quote:
Mercenary ball player! Is that what it's called? I thought he was just a 15-16 year old kid who loves to play football. Probably likes to compete and win. Probably works his #%"$ off every day of the year to get better. Attends lots of camps and has a personal coach. His parents probably have paid a lot of money for these advantages because he showed exceptional ability sometime when he was young. He may even have a dream of playing for a state championship or in college someday. So if the parents want to pay $11K a year and drive 30 minutes to and from school that's their choice. It's what makes America great.

The funny part about your comment is that you state " I read this thread, that's what I know about him". That is hilarious. Says everything.

Are you his dad? Uncle? Something!

The thread has plenty of useful information. Obviously you don't have the information since you didn't realize the kid has moved several times and been "homeschooled". Have fun rooting for the 16 year old freshman for a year. He'll be at Eds soon enough.
Old 07-16-17, 06:39 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:

The thread has plenty of useful information. Obviously you don't have the information since you didn't realize the kid has moved several times and been "homeschooled". Have fun rooting for the 16 year old freshman for a year. He'll be at Eds soon enough.
Ed's is smart enough to run from trouble like that in most situations.
Old 07-16-17, 06:48 PM
All Region

Quote:

No I am not related and have never spoken to the young man. I am making observations from what I see and hear and from my experiences in playing and coaching sports for a large portion of my life. I don't pre judge a person based on what a bunch of trolls post on Yappi either. I give the benefit of the doubt to someone until proven otherwise. So to say things against a kid and his school choice and predicting he will be at another school next year is weak. I hope for the best and that this young man succeeds at Hoban and in life.
Old 07-16-17, 06:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
The dad has burned some serious bridges with schools.
What would you know about his dad and burning bridges? Oh that's right, you all get your information from the yappi thread which is 100% true. Laughable.
Old 07-16-17, 07:23 PM
All World

Quote:
No I am not related and have never spoken to the young man. I am making observations from what I see and hear and from my experiences in playing and coaching sports for a large portion of my life. I don't pre judge a person based on what a bunch of trolls post on Yappi either. I give the benefit of the doubt to someone until proven otherwise. So to say things against a kid and his school choice and predicting he will be at another school next year is weak. I hope for the best and that this young man succeeds at Hoban and in life.
It's not a prediction bud. It's a fact.
Old 07-16-17, 07:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
It's not a prediction bud. It's a fact.
What is fact? That he will be at Ed's next year? you must be calling the shots for this young man with that statement? I think his parents may say otherwise. I like the added touch of you calling me Bud too. That makes me believe you even more! What a joke you guys are.
Old 07-16-17, 07:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
You have no idea what I know
If your posts are any sign of what you know I would say not much. Other than spewing hate on Hoban and sucking up to St Eds I haven't seen anything that resembles knowledge. I hear your mother knocking on the basement door. Dinners ready.
Old 07-16-17, 07:55 PM
All World

Quote:
What is fact? That he will be at Ed's next year? you must be calling the shots for this young man with that statement? I think his parents may say otherwise. I like the added touch of you calling me Bud too. That makes me believe you even more! What a joke you guys are.
What flavor is that kool aide ?
Old 07-16-17, 08:06 PM
All District

ndforever1967 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=y2h;6790787]just keeping score here...the starting varsity QB the last 2 years was a transfer from Massillon, last years JV QB was a transfer from Hawken and this years potential starting QB is a transfer from Austintown.

who needs a feeder system?[/QUOTE

Before the Massillon transfer, a StVM transfer started at QB in mid season
Old 07-16-17, 08:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If your posts are any sign of what you know I would say not much. Other than spewing hate on Hoban and sucking up to St Eds I haven't seen anything that resembles knowledge. I hear your mother knocking on the basement door. Dinners ready.
Just a head's up, the old "DB lives in his parents' basement" is old and tired, having been beaten to death long before you got here. It also detracts from the points you're trying to make.
Old 07-16-17, 08:23 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=ndforever1967;6791100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
just keeping score here...the starting varsity QB the last 2 years was a transfer from Massillon, last years JV QB was a transfer from Hawken and this years potential starting QB is a transfer from Austintown.

who needs a feeder system?[/QUOTE

Before the Massillon transfer, a StVM transfer started at QB in mid season
Correct. And the QB that lost his job then transferred to Upper Arlington.
Old 07-16-17, 09:20 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A lot of these student athletes are leaving the public schools because of the failure to educate and their liberal endoctrination that they are bombarded with on a daily basis.
You obviously don't know much about Hoban. There's quite a few liberal teachers there.
Old 07-16-17, 09:46 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
You obviously don't know much about Hoban. There's quite a few liberal teachers there.
Yeah. Id say Hoban is way more liberal than Coventry, or Green, or Manchester. I have a friend who went to Hoban, who said that one of the theology teachers was making a point in class that God sanctions homosexuality. Im not condemning or condoning that statement on here, but that is a very liberal statement that, if true (I trust this friend btw) speaks volumes about the influence of liberalism at Hoban. That statement is with out a doubt also inconsistent with catholic teachings, and as I understand it, Hoban is supposedly a catholic school. I personally think it would be better to send a child to a school where he or she would recieve no religious education, than a school that supposedly is run by people of my faith, yet teaches a theology that is contradictory in some aspects with my faith. And there are plenty of church youth groups/psr's etc that one could turn to to keep their teen rooted in their faith while in a public high school. Coventry high school for example has a prayer group that meets before school. Or at least they did at one time...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-17, 04:39 AM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
I don't think the kid should be vilified because he has chosen to go to Hoban. Obviously there are other reasons than he can start and get a scholarship. Fitch has put many kids in DI schools recently. Plus, if you're good enough, you can play at the worst school in the country and the scouts will find you. He may not start at Hoban; on the other hand, he would start at Fitch this year. I imagine the family likes Hoban's offense and education. But they should like Austintown schools because those people held him back because he wasn't ready for high school after being home schooled. This move actually puts more pressure on the kid. I imagine the age thing is not as bad as it sounds. He's probably 15 and will be 16 later on in the year, but as far as scholarships go, if he doesn't get to 6'1" of taller, he may not be able to get anything from the bigger DI schools.
Old 07-17-17, 06:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
You need to do your homework on me. Better yet at least look up my credit score! That might give you a reality check.
irrelevant.
Old 07-17-17, 06:02 AM
All Region

[QUOTE=DB 04;6791123]
Quote:

He did well at UA.
I am glad he was successful there.
Old 07-17-17, 06:11 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Yeah. Id say Hoban is way more liberal than Coventry, or Green, or Manchester. I have a friend who went to Hoban, who said that one of the theology teachers was making a point in class that God sanctions homosexuality. Im not condemning or condoning that statement on here, but that is a very liberal statement that, if true (I trust this friend btw) speaks volumes about the influence of liberalism at Hoban. That statement is with out a doubt also inconsistent with catholic teachings, and as I understand it, Hoban is supposedly a catholic school. I personally think it would be better to send a child to a school where he or she would recieve no religious education, than a school that supposedly is run by people of my faith, yet teaches a theology that is contradictory in some aspects with my faith. And there are plenty of church youth groups/psr's etc that one could turn to to keep their teen rooted in their faith while in a public high school. Coventry high school for example has a prayer group that meets before school. Or at least they did at one time...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Liberal slant is everywhere in academia. Hoban is not immune that's for sure. I have heard it come home at times and we address it. Everyone must find what works for them when it comes to educating their child. Christ is at the center of the education at Hoban and that is what we wanted for our student.
Old 07-17-17, 06:15 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
Yea Andy I am aware of liberal teachers. Same as in every walk of life.
Old 07-17-17, 08:12 AM
Junior Varsity

SummitCo is on a distinguished road
To pay a head football coaches fine from OHSAA you would buy ten lockers?
Old 07-17-17, 09:53 AM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
While this may never sink to the level of venom and animosity of the Massillon-McKinley blood baths, this incessant (and generally irrelevant) back and forth between DB and Cougar has taken the pre-season lead for this year's Yappi's Most Vitriolic Duo Award... It's a long season guys... Relax!
Old 07-17-17, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

...and this is exactly why I haven't started a Hoban 2017 thread. How about one of you being the bigger man and refusing to stoop to the other's level rather than stooping lower and lower in an attempt to undercut the other?
Old 07-17-17, 11:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
Here you go CougarFan22
Is that your TV in the basement? Not sure what you are showing but you missed your XBox in the photo.
Old 07-17-17, 12:08 PM
All Yappi

...and on cue...
Old 07-17-17, 12:10 PM
All World

I am trying to figure out if this is satire or what.
Old 07-17-17, 12:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
...and this is exactly why I haven't started a Hoban 2017 thread. How about one of you being the bigger man and refusing to stoop to the other's level rather than stooping lower and lower in an attempt to undercut the other?
That would be great. If you go back to the beginning of the thread you will see that it was others that went off track on the thread and started attacking Hoban.
I tried to give my take on the freshman QB and other related issues. But you have a couple of posers who have an axe to grind and will spew out about anything to make Hoban look bad. So if I see it I will respond appropriately.
Old 07-17-17, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

A picture from the recent Cougar/DB04 debates-

Old 07-17-17, 12:31 PM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It clearly was TOO much to ask...