Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-11-17, 08:51 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Tyler Wright is the new OC and he threw for over 1,000 yards his senior year (2008)
Yes he moves over from QB coach. Has experience playing and coaching at Bluffton. I haven't heard anything about the wing t but it wouldn't surprise me.
Might be more of a hybrid rather than an all out spread. I'm interested to see how Troy uses their young guns this year.
Old 07-11-17, 09:06 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Tyler Wright is the new OC and he threw for over 1,000 yards his senior year (2008)
What happened to the old OC and are they going back to the wing for still spread
Old 07-12-17, 12:55 AM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
That's my point. There used to be a time when there was no social media and all these recruiting services. I'd argue it's far easier to get your name and game tape out there today than it used to be.
Every Head Coach can send his players videos out through HUDL Recruiting Center which they have access to every college in the nation if they want to.
Old 07-14-17, 07:15 PM
All Region

BoomerSooner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Yes he moves over from QB coach. Has experience playing and coaching at Bluffton. I haven't heard anything about the wing t but it wouldn't surprise me.
Might be more of a hybrid rather than an all out spread. I'm interested to see how Troy uses their young guns this year.
I'm sure he'll do well, and if not, it won't be because of a lack of effort. He was a machine when it came to work ethic during his time at Bluffton.
Old 07-15-17, 01:46 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
I don't have much to offer on Greenville yet, but who knows, really? They've finished anywhere from second to dead last since rejoining the league. Wishful thinking is that the program can finally turn the corner and be consistent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-17, 09:47 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Sidney has their 3 studs but after that, I have no idea what they have. Anyone close to the team have more input on this?
Old 07-15-17, 08:02 PM
Junior Varsity

fletcjt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
I don't have much to offer on Greenville yet, but who knows, really? They've finished anywhere from second to dead last since rejoining the league. Wishful thinking is that the program can finally turn the corner and be consistent.

Greenville looked good today 7 on 7 at Centerville they split with Centerville, played to a tie with tipp. Beat Northridge lost to Ponitz
Old 07-16-17, 05:27 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
Sidney has their 3 studs but after that, I have no idea what they have. Anyone close to the team have more input on this?
They return most of the secondary as well. Led the GWOC in INT's last season. Overall they return 27 lettermen and last season freshmen/sophomores accounted for over 40% of the snaps. Decent amount of experience and depth.

Not sure about the OL though. I admit I'm pretty out of the loop these days as well.
Old 07-16-17, 09:16 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcjt View Post
Greenville looked good today 7 on 7 at Centerville they split with Centerville, played to a tie with tipp. Beat Northridge lost to Ponitz
They did not play to a tie with Tipp. Tipp beat them something like 22-12.
Old 07-16-17, 09:18 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
They return most of the secondary as well. Led the GWOC in INT's last season. Overall they return 27 lettermen and last season freshmen/sophomores accounted for over 40% of the snaps. Decent amount of experience and depth.

Not sure about the OL though. I admit I'm pretty out of the loop these days as well.
Having 3 stids helps, but it takes more than that to consistently beat teams, as something as elementary as not being able to snap the ball caused Sidney the game against Tipp last year.
Old 07-16-17, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Having 3 stids helps, but it takes more than that to consistently beat teams, as something as elementary as not being able to snap the ball caused Sidney the game against Tipp last year.
Don't remind me. That was frustrating to watch, listen to or even read in the paper. The snap issues persisted pretty much throughout that last half of the season.
Old 07-16-17, 11:08 AM
Varsity

BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
They did not play to a tie with Tipp. Tipp beat them something like 22-12.

Interesting score tippisgreat. Did Greenville miss a couple field goals or something?
Old 07-16-17, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
I just read that Piqua did well in the two passing scrimmages they was in. They lost to Northmont but beat Franklin and Troy. Lost to Stebbins and beat Beavercreek and Oakwood.

Now I know that all of this means nothing when they put full pads on, but it's nice motivation.
Old 07-16-17, 11:48 PM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
I just read that Piqua did well in the two passing scrimmages they was in. They lost to Northmont but beat Franklin and Troy. Lost to Stebbins and beat Beavercreek and Oakwood.

Now I know that all of this means nothing when they put full pads on, but it's nice motivation.
Yeah .... 7 on 7 has no correlation at all to what would happen score wise in a real game. It is good for working with the fundamentals of your receivers & pass defense and route timing, progressions etc;. Some schools will run a pass defense geared just to stopping a 7 on 7 passing attack when in reality if they were running that defense in a real game the O-Coordinator would be running the ball against it and not passing.
Old 07-17-17, 01:15 PM
Freshman

bucks_27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

They return everyone from the secondary, as you stated. The biggest issue will be if they finally figure out to stop the run, one of the worst in the whole qwoc.
Besides the three you mention, the Harris kid will be a playmaker, as well as Rateaz Roberts playing this year.. Will be an absolute mismatch for db's with his jumping ability.
Spoke to a player who recently graduated, He said this is a 9-1 team if healthy...
We shall see
Old 07-17-17, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Ratez Roberts playing will definitely be a boost to the WR corp. He can really get up. The type of receiver you can just throw it up and let him go get it.
Old 07-17-17, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Holy Crap. Ratez is playing? Things just got a LOT more interesting.
Old 07-17-17, 10:07 PM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
Is it true that Troy OC has left and their going back to the wing-t
Troy OC did leave. Not sure where he went, I'm guessing he got a head coaching job again. I highly doubt they are going back to the Wing T...
Old 07-18-17, 11:57 AM
All Ohio

Tipp has been looking pretty good in there 7v7, although offensively it doesnt mean much as we all know Tipp is gonna run the ball 80 percent of the time. But with Cole Barhorst returning, and the return of Daniel Hagen and Seth Clayton to the team, this Tipp offense is looking real scary. Also noticed Conner Woltz at WR who is about 6'3 and has good speed and hands, he should be a very good red zone threat. Junior Josh Burrit has also showed a lot of promise, burning defenses on multiple vertical routes from the halfback position at the 7v7s. Tipps line also returns 4 starters from last year Bledsoe (280), Garber (220), Campbell (240) and Pence (200). And the right tackle spot seems to be locked down by 6'5 250 junior Grant Heatherly. The defense does worry me a bit considering Tipp will probably play 3 or 4 guys both ways, but Matt Garber is a stud linebacker amd there is a lot of experience returning. Tipp also returns probably the best kicker in the GWOC in Caiden Smith.
Old 07-18-17, 11:27 PM
All Yappi

Article on Sidney. Sums up a lot of things. Answers some questions. I didn't realize they had so many senior linemen.

http://pressprosmagazine.com/sidney-...the-next-step/

At the end of the day, the key to how many games they win lies with defense. The offense is going to score points. It's just a matter of whether the defense can get key stops, force turnovers and get off the field on 3rd down.
Old 07-27-17, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Any news from Vandalia?
Haven't heard anything but have seen some photos and videos on Twitter. Overall team looks a bit small in physical size but has some serious height at WR. Injuries wrecked last season's playoff hopes but I guess if there is a silver lining it would be that guys like the QB got good experience. Offense should be able to score but big question marks on defense. Losing Grossman and Kohler definitely hurt on that side of the ball. My best guess is 5-5 or 6-4.
Old 07-30-17, 08:23 PM
Freshman

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Tipp is going to have to be considered the team to beat this year. They return a ton and with Troy losing their QB and plenty of others I don't see another team challenging. The one team that might be in the mix would be Sidney but I'm not sold on their defense. Piqua will be decent but not enough weapons. I think Butler and Greenville will battle it out for the bottom spot.
Old 07-31-17, 07:14 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
Tipp is going to have to be considered the team to beat this year. They return a ton and with Troy losing their QB and plenty of others I don't see another team challenging. The one team that might be in the mix would be Sidney but I'm not sold on their defense. Piqua will be decent but not enough weapons. I think Butler and Greenville will battle it out for the bottom spot.
No other team challenging? Troy is loaded with plug and play guys and their defense will be even better this year. Tipp has a lot of ground to make up after a 35-7 beat down a year ago. I doubt that makes them a team that will be unchallenged.
Old 07-31-17, 01:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Speaking of not being sold on defense, I seem to recall Tipp giving up over 250 yards passing to a 3rd string QB. In fact, Sidney was up 21-20 until the bad snap into the endzone. Now Tipp might have very well still won that game regardless, we'll never know. There's no doubt that gift-wrapped TD was a big momentum shift.
Old 07-31-17, 03:29 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Not that it makes the team better, but aside from getting in all the infill, the new field in Greenville is just about ready.

Old 07-31-17, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fake news. The term "team to beat" is usually for a clear cut favorite. What has Troy done to not get that banner? I would put Tipp in with the contenders (Troy Sidney Piqua Tipp) in that order. Having Tipp be the team to beat is fan boy fake news.
Old 07-31-17, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Haven't heard anything but have seen some photos and videos on Twitter. Overall team looks a bit small in physical size but has some serious height at WR. Injuries wrecked last season's playoff hopes but I guess if there is a silver lining it would be that guys like the QB got good experience. Offense should be able to score but big question marks on defense. Losing Grossman and Kohler definitely hurt on that side of the ball. My best guess is 5-5 or 6-4.
Thanks for that, seems like 6-4 would be a pretty decent year then all things considered.
Old 07-31-17, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Fake news. The term "team to beat" is usually for a clear cut favorite. What has Troy done to not get that banner? I would put Tipp in with the contenders (Troy Sidney Piqua Tipp) in that order. Having Tipp be the team to beat is fan boy fake news.
Agreed. Troy is the favorite until someone proves otherwise. They've earned that.
Old 07-31-17, 05:44 PM
All Ohio

PIQUA_Bolin
Send a message via Yahoo to PIQUA_Bolin
Quote:
Old 07-31-17, 05:50 PM
All Ohio

Obviously Troy is the team to beat. Just because they lost Hayden and Browder, doesnt mean much to me, especially since there defense was so young, hopefully Shane Shoop can stay out of trouble. Sidney and their 3 studs is scary, but besides them, i dont see Sidney being disciplined enough. Tipp has a brutal schedule @Bellbrook, @Shawnee, vs Northmont, vs Trotwood, @ Fairborn, vs Troy, @Sidney, vs Greenville, vs Piqua, @ Butler. I see a 7-3 season again barring any injuries on the big but thin O-Line.