Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 07-15-17, 07:31 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Uh all pretty much spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 07-17-17, 05:45 PM
AllStateKnight AllStateKnight is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-16-09
Posts: 549
AllStateKnight is on a distinguished road
I personally think that if Little Miami "improves" it won't be legit. Looking at their schedule the team's that you think they will beat were all horrible team's last year. Ross 2-8, Richmond heights was 0-10 last year. Western Brown 3-7. Then they schedule D7 Troy Christian(they'll lose this game). You're supposed to be a D2 team! And I'll give them Talawanda.

I think they'll go 4-6 overall.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 07-17-17, 05:58 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStateKnight View Post
I personally think that if Little Miami "improves" it won't be legit. Looking at their schedule the team's that you think they will beat were all horrible team's last year. Ross 2-8, Richmond heights was 0-10 last year. Western Brown 3-7. Then they schedule D7 Troy Christian(they'll lose this game). You're supposed to be a D2 team! And I'll give them Talawanda.

I think they'll go 4-6 overall.
Uh, that could happen, but the Patten kid is really fast and big plays can turn a game.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 07-18-17, 06:21 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOFootball1 View Post
I've seen rumors on here that WW is trying to get into the SWOC. Is that really an option AD's are considering??
Uh, if the SWOC lets Winton Woods in this league , it will be the end of this league. Woods goes out and recruits the kids they need at every position. There is a reason the ECC left out Woods, and it had nothing to do with race.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 07-21-17, 02:32 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 231
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh all pretty much spot on.
They missed the mark a bit on Edgewood today. Some things have changed and the information seems a little old. i.e. QB situation and predictions for some players who are MIA right now.

Like I predicted earlier this year. The boys are going to look big and bad, 6-1 to 6-2 all across the front, 6-3 TE's and OLB's. 6-3 at one corner 6-0 at the other.......and how about Garrett lighting it up at WR. I predict he makes the Edge loyal forget about Driskell in three games.

When the coaching staff pulls these guys together as a team....look out!
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 07-21-17, 02:40 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
They missed the mark a bit on Edgewood today. Some things have changed and the information seems a little old. i.e. QB situation and predictions for some players who are MIA right now.

Like I predicted earlier this year. The boys are going to look big and bad, 6-1 to 6-2 all across the front, 6-3 TE's and OLB's. 6-3 at one corner 6-0 at the other.......and how about Garrett lighting it up at WR. I predict he makes the Edge loyal forget about Driskell in three games.

When the coaching staff pulls these guys together as a team....look out!
Uh, this might be the tallest overall team in the history of the school. Don't know how good they will be but they are certainly very tall.Shane Garrett has looked very good in the fake football 7 on 7, we have to see when the real games get here. He certainly is a gifted athlete who needs to stay healthy. QB is still the make or break position for this team. Noble and Whiles in the def backfield along with Scott are all seasoned veterans with good speed and size. A lot of these kids have waited years to get their chance, now is the time to go out and show what you got on the field, one play at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 07-21-17, 02:48 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 231
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, this might be the tallest overall team in the history of the school. Don't know how good they will be but they are certainly very tall.Shane Garrett has looked very good in the fake football 7 on 7, we have to see when the real games get here. He certainly is a gifted athlete who needs to stay healthy. QB is still the make or break position for this team. Noble and Whiles in the def backfield along with Scott are all seasoned veterans with good speed and size. A lot of these kids have waited years to get their chance, now is the time to go out and show what you got on the field, one play at a time.

I'm thinking the corners are Boyd and Richmond. Is Noble planning on returning before September?
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 07-21-17, 02:54 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
I'm thinking the corners are Boyd and Richmond. Is Noble planning on returning before September?
Uh don't know for sure. Boyd and Richmond certainly have the speed to play corner. It will interesting how it plays out. I think this o-line will surprise a lot of people. All new starters but all these kids know who to block and they went out and did it as JV and freshmen players. UH we just have to be able to throw enough to keep people honest.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 07-21-17, 03:01 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 231
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh don't know for sure. Boyd and Richmond certainly have the speed to play corner. It will interesting how it plays out. I think this o-line will surprise a lot of people. All new starters but all these kids know who to block and they went out and did it as JV and freshmen players. UH we just have to be able to throw enough to keep people honest.
I agree, tall, fast and strong. Refining not learning their positions.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 07-21-17, 03:05 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
I agree, tall, fast and strong. Refining not learning their positions.
Uh keep an eye on Weaver and Phipps. Two nasty o-linemen who come off the ball and knock people down. Big strong kids who can run.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 07-21-17, 04:16 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 232
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStateKnight View Post
I personally think that if Little Miami "improves" it won't be legit. Looking at their schedule the team's that you think they will beat were all horrible team's last year. Ross 2-8, Richmond heights was 0-10 last year. Western Brown 3-7. Then they schedule D7 Troy Christian(they'll lose this game). You're supposed to be a D2 team! And I'll give them Talawanda.

I think they'll go 4-6 overall.
You forgot they scheduled West Carrollton too. One of the worst programs in the state. The OOC schedule is a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 07-23-17, 09:03 PM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 65
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
You forgot they scheduled West Carrollton too. One of the worst programs in the state. The OOC schedule is a joke.
Yes, if we do have a winning record, I do agree that is because of the schedule. Like I said before we have to start winning games so better teams want to schedule us. Yes, our OOC is a joke, what the heck do people expect us to do schedule Franklin and Desales like Edgewood. What good D2, D3 or D4 team wants to schedule a team that will give them no secondary points.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 07-24-17, 08:52 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 231
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Yes, if we do have a winning record, I do agree that is because of the schedule. Like I said before we have to start winning games so better teams want to schedule us. Yes, our OOC is a joke, what the heck do people expect us to do schedule Franklin and Desales like Edgewood. What good D2, D3 or D4 team wants to schedule a team that will give them no secondary points.
True, plus the team needs to win to change its habits, culture and expectations. Just getting some wins will be good for the program.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 07-24-17, 09:09 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 742
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
True, plus the team needs to win to change its habits, culture and expectations. Just getting some wins will be good for the program.
+1.....when you have a bad culture of losing you have to find wins any way you can to rebuild the program. Self confidence is very important in teenagers and as strong as it is at places like Edgewood where winning is the norm and perhaps expectation, it is tough to build that at a place like Little Miami where it's probably the opposite mindset in most players.

I always come back to the approach Bill Snyder took when rebuilding Kansas State. Sure, they played the dregs of college football in the non conference slate but overtime as they mounted wins that gave them the edge and mindset they needed to compete against Oklahoma, Texas etc. and separate themselves from Kansas, Iowa State etc. into a solid program that has won a few conference championships, goes to (albeit second tier mainly) bowl games with regularity etc.

Not apples to apples, but it can be an effective strategy and I don't fault Little Miami for taking that approach. They may be D2, but there are programs in every division below them that could at least beat and likely defeat them soundly.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 07-24-17, 12:33 PM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 65
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
+1.....when you have a bad culture of losing you have to find wins any way you can to rebuild the program. Self confidence is very important in teenagers and as strong as it is at places like Edgewood where winning is the norm and perhaps expectation, it is tough to build that at a place like Little Miami where it's probably the opposite mindset in most players.

I always come back to the approach Bill Snyder took when rebuilding Kansas State. Sure, they played the dregs of college football in the non conference slate but overtime as they mounted wins that gave them the edge and mindset they needed to compete against Oklahoma, Texas etc. and separate themselves from Kansas, Iowa State etc. into a solid program that has won a few conference championships, goes to (albeit second tier mainly) bowl games with regularity etc.

Not apples to apples, but it can be an effective strategy and I don't fault Little Miami for taking that approach. They may be D2, but there are programs in every division below them that could at least beat and likely defeat them soundly.
I've always said winning breeds winning. It brings more kids to you youth football program. Heck before last year half the people left after halftime. I do agree with the statement of alot of programs in other divisions can beat us. That's why I say we can't sleep on anyone, even Troy Christian who has been a decent D7 team.

The effort is night and day different from the Hubbard era. I know youth football success doesn't equal high school success but we have some decent classes coming up starting with this years 7th grade on down to 4th grade. Plus the big key is, we now have what I believe is a very good coach from what I've seen so far. Man I can't wait, I know its crazy but are youth football program has games this Saturday already. Let the fun begin.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 07-24-17, 01:16 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 232
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I never understood why the youth programs start before HS teams and finish after, sometimes into November.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 07-24-17, 02:10 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
I've always said winning breeds winning. It brings more kids to you youth football program. Heck before last year half the people left after halftime. I do agree with the statement of alot of programs in other divisions can beat us. That's why I say we can't sleep on anyone, even Troy Christian who has been a decent D7 team.

The effort is night and day different from the Hubbard era. I know youth football success doesn't equal high school success but we have some decent classes coming up starting with this years 7th grade on down to 4th grade. Plus the big key is, we now have what I believe is a very good coach from what I've seen so far. Man I can't wait, I know its crazy but are youth football program has games this Saturday already. Let the fun begin.
Uh I still say the problem with Little Miami football, goes back a few years ago failure to pass a levy many times. Super high pay to play ran kids off left and right. Numbers went down good kids went to Kings or Lebanon or one of the many private schools in the area. Little Miami has an excellent band, by far the best in the SWOC, aint even close. Little Miami football will be back, just a matter of time.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 07-24-17, 04:49 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 232
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
4-6 or a possible 5 win season isn't out of the question. In all honesty LM should've started scheduling down a few years back. I would like to see them knock off a Harrison or Northwest for some sort of signature win. The defense must improve for them to compete in the league.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 07-24-17, 06:57 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
4-6 or a possible 5 win season isn't out of the question. In all honesty LM should've started scheduling down a few years back. I would like to see them knock off a Harrison or Northwest for some sort of signature win. The defense must improve for them to compete in the league.
Uh, I see 6-4 for little Miami this season.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 07-25-17, 09:15 AM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 65
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh I still say the problem with Little Miami football, goes back a few years ago failure to pass a levy many times. Super high pay to play ran kids off left and right. Numbers went down good kids went to Kings or Lebanon or one of the many private schools in the area. Little Miami has an excellent band, by far the best in the SWOC, aint even close. Little Miami football will be back, just a matter of time.
Very true, I've been told that we don't really have much of a athletic budget. I also wish Moeller wasn't so close to our district. I've only lived in the school district since 04 but everyone says we've always have good youth programs but when they get to JR high and high school everything goes down hill. I don't know if that was the coaching or those youth teams played only the best players and didn't develope anyone else.

That's why I'm excited to have a new coach.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 07-25-17, 09:21 AM
LM Panthers LM Panthers is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 65
LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
4-6 or a possible 5 win season isn't out of the question. In all honesty LM should've started scheduling down a few years back. I would like to see them knock off a Harrison or Northwest for some sort of signature win. The defense must improve for them to compete in the league.
Yes, defense is the big key. We put up points but couldn't stop anyone good. On your other comment it is crazy, the youth football schedule. We could play 20 games if we really wanted to. My son's coach tries to limit us to one game a week. Alot of are youth teams play 3 games in a weekend in the first few weeks, which I think is crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 07-25-17, 02:34 PM
marvinlewis08 marvinlewis08 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-09-08
Posts: 1,318
marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
People are idiots....you cant rip LM for not winning then turn around and rip them for playing teams they have a chance to WIN. I actually think this is a great move by the program. Get your feet under you, establish a culture of winning then schedule up when the personnel dictates.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 07-25-17, 05:12 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 232
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I would eventually like to see LM schedule programs like Kings and Goshen again. Those were always great rivalry games to watch while growing up.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 07-25-17, 05:50 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
I would eventually like to see LM schedule programs like Kings and Goshen again. Those were always great rivalry games to watch while growing up.
Uh , Kings is one of the best D2 programs in SW Ohio. Uh, Goshen not so much. Kings has Lebanon, Lakota East, and Cov Cath, this season, probably the most severe OOC in the ECC.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 07-26-17, 03:15 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 232
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh , Kings is one of the best D2 programs in SW Ohio. Uh, Goshen not so much. Kings has Lebanon, Lakota East, and Cov Cath, this season, probably the most severe OOC in the ECC.
I'm well aware of the pedigrees of both Kings and Goshen. As a fan I want to see LM play as many of the old FAVC schools as possible if Mahon gets the program on track. I'd like to see Wilmington back on the schedule eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 07-26-17, 07:13 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,351
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
I'm well aware of the pedigrees of both Kings and Goshen. As a fan I want to see LM play as many of the old FAVC schools as possible if Mahon gets the program on track. I'd like to see Wilmington back on the schedule eventually.
Uh Wilmington bailed on the SWOC because they got their azzes handed to them in football.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 08-01-17, 09:46 PM
ptpattenpackerfan ptpattenpackerfan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 19
ptpattenpackerfan is on a distinguished road
I believe that some are not taking into consideration that the current LM Sr. class won/or tied for the JR. High title in the SWOC in their 7th & 8th grade years - that included beating Edgewood one year and narrowly losing the next 16-7. I believe LM may surprise a few people.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 08-02-17, 04:31 AM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 232
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Jr high results go out the door the day you start high school. I've seen several classes at LM win titles in Jr high and go 2-8 or 3-7 there Senior season. I do agree with you the Panthers will surprise some people.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 08-02-17, 08:53 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 231
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpattenpackerfan View Post
I believe that some are not taking into consideration that the current LM Sr. class won/or tied for the JR. High title in the SWOC in their 7th & 8th grade years - that included beating Edgewood one year and narrowly losing the next 16-7. I believe LM may surprise a few people.
The Edgewood junior class was 12-1 in the 6th grade, 1-8 in he 7th, and I believe undefeated in the 8th and lost 1 as freshman and JV. Sooooo, go figure, same kids, different coaching, different results.

Previous performance, especially JH means little and only has meaning if the team has stayed cohesive, and the system has been consistent. AND, this only has meaning as defined by player comfort in their individual understanding and role in their position, overall trust in each others role and performance in the system etc...

Example, the current Edgewood junior LG and FB have been running trap right together for many years. Their timing is excellent and it works well....IF, the RT doesn't block the trap guy and the center doesn't get blown up and in the way.

The theory is great but the variables impact the result each time.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 08-02-17, 11:14 AM
sappercpt sappercpt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-04-14
Posts: 7
sappercpt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh , Kings is one of the best D2 programs in SW Ohio. Uh, Goshen not so much. Kings has Lebanon, Lakota East, and Cov Cath, this season, probably the most severe OOC in the ECC.
West Clermont's is not too shabby with Princeton, Winton Woods, and Lasalle
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SWOC Heading into week 10. allcincinnatiteam Football 7 10-29-16 04:12 AM
Middletown Middies Basketball 2014-2015 allsportsman Boys Basketball 1178 04-09-15 08:59 PM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick 'Em Week 15 & Standings North Viking Football 26 12-06-14 02:02 PM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick 'Em Week 14 & Standings North Viking Football 26 11-28-14 07:39 PM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick /Em Week 13 & Standings North Viking Football 29 11-22-14 05:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz