Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-06-17, 11:35 AM
All Ohio

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Jackson Polar Bears 2017

Making the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years the Polar Bears return the best QB in the league along with a monster line that should average around 280 across the board.

The big question will be the skill positions where you lose one of the best athletes to come through the school (Dingler) and an all-Ohio player.

This team started off hot last year and tailed off towards the end which will have to be corrected if Jackson wants to get back into the playoffs.

Schedule
Aug 25th-Akron East H
September 1- Mayfield H
September 8-Boardman H
September 15-Perry H
September 22-Lake A
September 29-GlenOak A
October 6-McKinley H
October 13-CCC A
October 20-Green H
October 27-Hoover A
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-17, 12:39 PM
All World

ccrunner4815 is on a distinguished road
Forecasting the Bears to finish 6-4 for the season with their annual season ending loss to their Arch-Rival North Canton Hoover Vikings!
Old 07-06-17, 12:40 PM
Freshman

NortheastOhF is an unknown quantity at this point
Jackson football will always be irrelevant. Even if they are lucky enough to win games like last year they can not compete with the good D1 schools in the playoffs. The township is just simply too focused on the other successful sports teams they have.
Old 07-07-17, 05:35 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheastOhF View Post
Jackson football will always be irrelevant. Even if they are lucky enough to win games like last year they can not compete with the good D1 schools in the playoffs. The township is just simply too focused on the other successful sports teams they have.
I'd say when balderson was the head coach I'd 100% agree with you, but I feel like Tim Budd is starting to turn and change that culture. Last year was a stepping stone for Jackson. I'm real interested to see how they compete this year I know they have a stud at QB.
Old 07-07-17, 06:36 PM
All Ohio

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
This thread is off to a good start.

Jackson isn't getting a lot of attention this year, which I find a little odd. A very big, experienced line and a QB committed to UMass automatically puts them in contention. The Bears are going to be perhaps more physical than any team in the Fed save McKinley. An already good defense is likely to be further improved, echoing the old 90s-era Jackson teams.

It all comes down to what Hayden said... will the skill players be there? Replacing Dingler and the rest of the WR corps is a massive question mark. Jackson was also exposed at the end of the year as having a one-man rushing threat. Pallotta is not very mobile, or at least hasn't been used that way, so teams would key in on RB Dear and get the Bears off-balance, force a lot of interceptions out of the QB, etc.

If most of the above negatives don't pan out, I think this is an 8-2 type team and gunning for a league title and another playoff berth. But if it's Pallotta and no backup, then 5-5 or 6-4.
Old 07-10-17, 09:00 PM
All District

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Any chance the Polar Bears can win their 3rd state championship in 2017 in the major sports? (basketball in March, baseball in June, football in December????)
Old 07-15-17, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
From the Suburbanite: Apparently there's a new offensive system being implemented, but details were pretty scarce. No more running the QB to the sideline for each play. Budd also seems to feel the Bears didn't run enough plays compared to their opponents last year.