Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-06-17, 10:05 AM
Varsity

pavis is on a distinguished road
Uniontown Lake - 2017

Does anyone have any news on how the football team is stacking up? Was the offseason turnout in the weight room decent? Who's battling for QB? OL? From the looks of the roster, I think we have decent skill returning.... Any insider info on the Blue Streaks?

Last edited by pavis; 07-06-17 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-17, 11:17 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
http://yappi.net/docuwiki/doku.php?id=lake_uniontown
Old 07-06-17, 12:50 PM
Freshman

Ohhighschoolfb is on a distinguished road
Lake is always a decent, hard nosed team. Coach DeGorge is a great coach and will lead the team to the playoffs almost every year. No word on talent but they are always big and always seem to find one or two go to skilled players.
Old 07-06-17, 12:59 PM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
During basketball season I heard that numbers were low.

I expect 5-5 possibly 6-4 again. Not being negative just being realistic. Lake football just doesn't really excite me anymore.
Old 07-06-17, 08:10 PM
All District

andre is on a distinguished road
I hope CCC and lake play again soon, those two games where intense and amazing. I played against lake in 2014 game, which was my senior year. For me that game was probably the most intense game of the whole season, maybe behind the state final game even though we got killed.
Old 07-07-17, 09:49 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwpatfire View Post
During basketball season I heard that numbers were low.

I expect 5-5 possibly 6-4 again. Not being negative just being realistic. Lake football just doesn't really excite me anymore.
I agree about the excitement part. But I feel like it has just been a lack of talent as of late which has faulted to the lack of excitement. It'll return. Just give it time!!
Old 07-07-17, 10:35 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
15 years ago, the Repository was running articles about new development in Lake Township and booming population. Things didn't pan out in Stark County the way people had thought. I was surprised when someone on here told me that enrollment had actually declined at Lake. It's tougher to field a football team now, especially when basketball is getting a lot more interest than it used to.

That having been said, I hope the Green-Lake week 10 game becomes a true rivalry. That would up excitement a lot. Lake needs to have a big year and get an FLC. Get past that 6-4 ceiling.
Old 07-08-17, 08:13 AM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
The current coach has lost some respect among certain parents and fans. The obvious move is to bring Durbin's kid into coach to re-ignite the fan base and build on past success.
Old 07-08-17, 12:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
15 years ago, the Repository was running articles about new development in Lake Township and booming population. Things didn't pan out in Stark County the way people had thought. I was surprised when someone on here told me that enrollment had actually declined at Lake. It's tougher to field a football team now, especially when basketball is getting a lot more interest than it used to.

That having been said, I hope the Green-Lake week 10 game becomes a true rivalry. That would up excitement a lot. Lake needs to have a big year and get an FLC. Get past that 6-4 ceiling.
+1 to this post. I think really the only school with steady/increasing enrollment in stark county anymore is your Polar Bears! Lake's enrollment has slightly declined. But I will say this, it does seem like in the past year or two developments are starting to build out here again. Plus with the new schools getting built, (which my god have you guys seen the size of the new elementary? Looks like a college. The high school will be a very nice size as well.) I do think lake may see a spike in enrollment once again. Just my thoughts and opinions.
Old 07-08-17, 04:48 PM
All Region

pastGas is on a distinguished road
According to the Lake school calendar:
Scrimmage Louisville @ Lake, Sat. 8-12, varsity at 10:30 am.
Scrimmage @ Stow, Thur. 8-17, varsity at 6:30 pm.
Followed by:

08/25 A Canal Fulton Northwest
09/01 A Dover
09/08 H Copley
09/15 H Ashland
09/22 H Massillon Jackson
09/29 A Canton McKinley
10/06 H North Canton Hoover
10/13 H Massillon Perry
10/20 A Canton GlenOak
10/27 A Uniontown Green

6&4 should get a trip on week 11
7&3 could host on week 11
With all the construction going on and much less parking, I doubt that Lake will be able to host weeks 12 or 13 as a neutral site if they are not playing those weeks.

Last edited by pastGas; 07-08-17 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-08-17, 05:06 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
+1 to this post. I think really the only school with steady/increasing enrollment in stark county anymore is your Polar Bears! Lake's enrollment has slightly declined. But I will say this, it does seem like in the past year or two developments are starting to build out here again. Plus with the new schools getting built, (which my god have you guys seen the size of the new elementary? Looks like a college. The high school will be a very nice size as well.) I do think lake may see a spike in enrollment once again. Just my thoughts and opinions.
In 1991 Lake had 519 boys in the top 3 grades...was 10 boys away from being D 1(was the largest group of boys at Lake) they now have 444 boys in the top 3 grades. My opinion is Lake will remain in this size range unless they get sewer and water service in the new allotments. Green will really pass Lake by because of having city services...with Green being right there people will look at those options.

This season is going to be a work in progress. Lake lost some very good kids on the O line and D line and have to find some size. There are some freshman that have good size which might help fill in. The Senior Class and the Junior Class have some good athletes but the numbers are low. Good news for the future is that 47 freshman signed up for camp. That is the most ever. So am thinking 2cents information on kids at Lake and football and respect issues would be incorrect.
Old 07-08-17, 08:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
You're probably right. People want the shiny new buildings and the video scoreboards and all the rest when they pick a district now. Probably not the best development for taxpayers but it is what it is!

Video of Jackson-Lake from 1994. Just the blacklight show unfortunately, but you can see a great Lake crowd on the away side at the beginning. No one travels anymore!

Old 07-08-17, 09:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
You're probably right. People want the shiny new buildings and the video scoreboards and all the rest when they pick a district now. Probably not the best development for taxpayers but it is what it is!

Video of Jackson-Lake from 1994. Just the blacklight show unfortunately, but you can see a great Lake crowd on the away side at the beginning. No one travels anymore!

First where did you get a channel 67 video...lol. I am trying to remember that press box Jackson had that year...lol. I have to preface this year and game for you thou. Lake had went to the state finals the year before and Jimmy Briacco was fantastic in that playoff run. Lake was 6 and 2 coming into this game against Jackson and looking to make the playoffs and had lost to Perry the week before. Jimmy Briacco had hurt his knee against Wooster two weeks prior. The Doctor's told Jimmy that he could play against Jackson with his injured knee. Lake doesn't win this game 19 to 14 without him and make the playoffs. After making it to the state finals in 91 and 93 Lake did have a great following just like in 2010....unfortunately to get a great following you have to win and go deep in the playoffs....ask Perry

Last edited by Bluestreakoffice; 07-08-17 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-08-17, 10:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
First where did you get a channel 67 video...lol. I am trying to remember that press box Jackson had that year...lol. I have to preface this year and game for you thou. Lake had went to the state finals the year before and Jimmy Briacco was fantastic in that playoff run. Lake was 6 and 2 coming into this game against Jackson and looking to make the playoffs and had lost to Perry the week before. Jimmy Briacco had hurt his knee against Wooster two weeks prior. The Doctor's told Jimmy that he could play against Jackson with his injured knee. Lake doesn't win this game 19 to 14 without him and make the playoffs. After making it to the state finals in 91 and 93 Lake did have a great following just like in 2010....unfortunately to get a great following you have to win and go deep in the playoffs....ask Perry
Ha -- the magic of Youtube, man. I was looking for replay of the basketball state title and this came up. That same user has a bunch of Fed games from back then, it's not all just band stuff. Thanks for the history, I was hoping someone would chime in and give some background.
Old 07-14-17, 05:45 AM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
I'm hearing rumors that Lake and Louisville are looking to form a new league with some other schools. Any truth to the rumors or is that just nonsense?
Old 07-14-17, 09:51 AM
All Region

pastGas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeUrban View Post
I'm hearing rumors that Lake and Louisville are looking to form a new league with some other schools. Any truth to the rumors or is that just nonsense?
In no particular order:

Your check is in the mail.

I work for the government and I am here to help you.

No Honey, that outfit does not make your butt look big.

Louisville and Lake are forming a new league.
Old 07-14-17, 10:04 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No idea if the rumors are true, but I think Lake would be crazy to leave the Fed. If you could get Lake, Louisville, CCC, Dover, and New Philly that would be a great start but it also would likely stop there. No other D3 size school around here would join a league with those 5 schools. Alliance and Marlington should join a league like that but they won't.
Old 07-14-17, 11:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
No. And to add to that I think a lot of people in the Lake community would be very upset with leaving the fed. The fed is the best option for lake and it's not even a question. Bigger gates, better competition, closer travel and true backyard rivalries. No other league will be able to fulfill all of those!
Old 07-14-17, 02:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastGas View Post
In no particular order:

Your check is in the mail.

I work for the government and I am here to help you.

No Honey, that outfit does not make your butt look big.

Louisville and Lake are forming a new league.
PastGas! Now I know why you are in Mom's basement! No.3 came back and bit you!...lol
Old 07-14-17, 04:10 PM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
In 1991 Lake had 519 boys in the top 3 grades...was 10 boys away from being D 1(was the largest group of boys at Lake) they now have 444 boys in the top 3 grades. My opinion is Lake will remain in this size range unless they get sewer and water service in the new allotments. Green will really pass Lake by because of having city services...with Green being right there people will look at those options.

This season is going to be a work in progress. Lake lost some very good kids on the O line and D line and have to find some size. There are some freshman that have good size which might help fill in. The Senior Class and the Junior Class have some good athletes but the numbers are low. Good news for the future is that 47 freshman signed up for camp. That is the most ever. So am thinking 2cents information on kids at Lake and football and respect issues would be incorrect.
Glad to hear freshmen numbers are strong. The junior and senior classes were very small(numbers wise) when they played youth ball as well. Those numbers had nothing to do with Dan....Jeff was still the HC! Freshman class has some talented big boys and good skill....if it all comes together, they could have a good run in a couple years.
Old 07-14-17, 08:27 PM
All Region

What's the offense going to look like this season? Cam Martin left, Cam Martin right? Will the Streaks have a good offensive line? Good passing game to go with a strong run game? Does Lake have any good LBs or DEs that can get after the QB?
Old 07-15-17, 09:38 AM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Skill looks ok for this year. The question is the same as the last few years, "do they have a QB that can get the ball in the skill players hands?" I highly doubt they do. Line looks to be really thin also.

I hope at some point Lake can buck this trend of mediocrity and create some excitement in the community again. I'm not holding my breath though. There is always basketball season where we have consistently put a quality product on the court pretty much since Lake's last successful football run.
Old 07-27-17, 09:27 AM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
How did the 7v7 go last night? Who is getting qb reps? What about db's?
Old 07-27-17, 11:34 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88streaks View Post
How did the 7v7 go last night? Who is getting qb reps? What about db's?
Are there any upcoming 7-7s? I was looking last week on lakebluestreaksfootball.com and couldnt find anything.
Old 07-27-17, 04:21 PM
All Region

Heard Lake looked better than Springfield in a 7 on 7 the other night but I'm not sure what that means? Anybody else there? Can you really tell anything from a 7 on 7?
Old 07-27-17, 07:43 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
No, you reallt can't tell much of anything from a 7-on-7. End of discussion.
Old 07-28-17, 03:43 PM
All Region

Friend of mine told me today he heard Lake has a transfer WR from Canton McKinley. Any truth to this? Sounds like the Streaks will have some good skill players to go with Martin and Harris if they find a QB and the O line can gel.
Old 07-31-17, 05:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Friend of mine told me today he heard Lake has a transfer WR from Canton McKinley. Any truth to this? Sounds like the Streaks will have some good skill players to go with Martin and Harris if they find a QB and the O line can gel.
There is no transfer from McKinley of any kind....lol
Old 08-09-17, 01:46 PM
Varsity

Have one Freshman listed on the varsity roster.

http://lakebluestreaksfootball.com/varsity-home/roster
Old 08-09-17, 08:13 PM
All American

Scrimmage Saturday Morning at the Stadium vs Louisville at 10:30 for the Varsity. Freshman will scrimmage before 10:30.