Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4081  
Old 04-23-18, 10:18 AM
CincyHSfootball CincyHSfootball is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-26-09
Posts: 583
CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altiora 96 View Post
I got this e-mail today. 99% of this is true for me. I bet it's like that for most of you also:

You frequent Price Hill Chili

You live within 5 minutes of at least 5 Catholic churches.

You went to St.Dominic's evening mass to cruise chicks or guys

You've never been in a church that wasn't a Catholic church

Hudy Delight is a premium brand of beer

Eat Skyline Dip as a meal

Your idea of a day of shopping is a trip to "the Plaza?

You've tailgated a high school football game & your entire extended family (who also lives on the West Side) tailgated with you

You didn't know there were Public Schools

You know that Hoinke isn't a racist name for white people

You know that corn hole isn't a sexual term

Instead of asking what street someone lives on, you ask them what Parish they're from

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade doesn't hold a candle to the Harvest Home Parade

You would rather read The Western Hills Press _vs. The Cincinnati Enquirer

You've been to the Pit

You had your first kiss at the Pit

You've passed out at the Pit

You were "passed up" at the Pit

You know what it means when grown men point with one finger up & say "Altiora"

You know what the "gate at 8 means"

You've ridden the 10, 32 & 33

You know what The Dirty Dent is

You love the mini sausages & fries at The Farm

A finished basement means Christmas lights wrapped around support poles & a plaid couch

You've been to Curnayns/Crow's Nest/Ideal/Eddie's with your parents before you were 18.
It is an historical week this week on Yappi. The thread "Are you a true West Sider?? will be the 2nd thread to hit 1,000,000 views. It should happen at some point this week. It was created by Altiora 96 on April 8, 2005. Over 13 years ago.

His 1st post on this thread(shown above) still holds true for many of us. Maybe it is because the West Siders are a loyal, committed, passionate bunch. Or maybe we are just crazy to be still updating each other about what is happening on the West Side after all these years.

Thanks Altiora 96 for starting the thread. Here's to another million views in the future.

Last edited by CincyHSfootball; 04-23-18 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4082  
Old 04-23-18, 10:31 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
If memory serves--for a while--this was the most viewed and most replied to thread on Yappi. However, the "Countdown to competitive balance in the playoffs" thread (http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266213) in the High School Football forum has already surpassed 1,000,000 views and has over 6,100 replies. As of this writing, that other thread hasn't been replied to since last November.
Reply With Quote
  #4083  
Old 04-23-18, 10:37 AM
CincyHSfootball CincyHSfootball is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-26-09
Posts: 583
CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
If memory serves--for a while--this was the most viewed and most replied to thread on Yappi. However, the "Countdown to competitive balance in the playoffs" thread (http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266213) in the High School Football forum has already surpassed 1,000,000 views and has over 6,100 replies. As of this writing, that other thread hasn't been replied to since last November.
Thanks EHS2001 for keeping me honest. I corrected my post to "2nd" to hit 1,000,000 views.

Last edited by CincyHSfootball; 04-23-18 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4084  
Old 04-24-18, 07:51 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
I thought this thread was still #1, too.

Here's a list of the people who have posted over the years: http://yappi.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=87997 I wonder how many of them still read Yappi.
Reply With Quote
  #4085  
Old 04-24-18, 01:21 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,460
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
The 2012 Reds thread on the MLB forum had over 10,000 replies in a little over a year. That thread is #1 I believe. There were two to three new pages every game
Reply With Quote
  #4086  
Old 04-24-18, 01:26 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,064
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
The 2012 Reds thread on the MLB forum had over 10,000 replies in a little over a year. That thread is #1 I believe. There were two to three new pages every game
For comparison:

2012 Reds thread:
10,647 replies, 460,744 views. Man, the MLB forum was popping back in 2012.

Countdown to Competitive Balance thread:
6,127 replies, 1,038,632 views.

True Westsider thread:
4,084 replies, 998,307 views

Reds thread is locked, there's only been one post in the countdown thread in the last year. I think it's safe to assume this will be #1 in views. Probably will never catch the 2012 Reds in replies though.
Reply With Quote
  #4087  
Old 04-24-18, 01:26 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
You are correct. 10,647 replies.
Reply With Quote
  #4088  
Old 04-24-18, 01:28 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,460
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
The Applebee's on Crookshank closed yesterday. Not surprising considering how service went downhill the past few years.
Have always thought the service there sucked. Crookshank/Glencrossing is where businesses go to die
Reply With Quote
  #4089  
Old 04-24-18, 01:31 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,460
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ion/534344002/

Cincinnati Open Box Outlet is moving from Delhi to the place next to Home Depot and that candle shop on Glenway. That's a horrible location imo so I hope people can find them.
Reply With Quote
  #4090  
Old 04-24-18, 01:41 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,460
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
For comparison:

2012 Reds thread:
10,647 replies, 460,744 views. Man, the MLB forum was popping back in 2012.

Countdown to Competitive Balance thread:
6,127 replies, 1,038,632 views.

True Westsider thread:
4,084 replies, 998,307 views

Reds thread is locked, there's only been one post in the countdown thread in the last year. I think it's safe to assume this will be #1 in views. Probably will never catch the 2012 Reds in replies though.
Yeah recently and Mickey Mantle alone had 3,400 posts in that thread

That JJ Huddle thread on the general board has a ton of posts too. And I have no clue what the hell it's about
Reply With Quote
  #4091  
Old 04-24-18, 07:18 PM
Melody Melody is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-08-16
Location: Western Hills
Posts: 19
Melody is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Have always thought the service there sucked. Crookshank/Glencrossing is where businesses go to die
Hey I work in Glencrossing lol oh well
Reply With Quote
  #4092  
Old 04-24-18, 08:39 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,250
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Have always thought the service there sucked. Crookshank/Glencrossing is where businesses go to die
Not sure what you're talking about, many of the businesses on Crookshank have been there for quite a few years.
Reply With Quote
  #4093  
Old 04-24-18, 08:49 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,460
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
Not sure what you're talking about, many of the businesses on Crookshank have been there for quite a few years.
HH Gregg has left two empty stores, Biggs closed, BW3's is apparently moving, Applebee's is closed, the strip mall where Izzy's is is empty except for Izzy's, Danberry is closed and looks like it's going to fall down now, the strip mall where Thriftway used to be has been at probably 50% capacity or lower for as long as I can remember. I'm probably forgetting some.
Reply With Quote
  #4094  
Old 04-24-18, 08:58 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,250
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Glencrossing I agree is a dead zone, not Crookshank.
Reply With Quote
  #4095  
Old 04-25-18, 05:53 AM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 3,397
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
Glencrossing I agree is a dead zone, not Crookshank.
The old rail right of way should have become a bike trail not an unneeded shopping center.
Reply With Quote
  #4096  
Old 04-25-18, 05:32 PM
Melody Melody is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-08-16
Location: Western Hills
Posts: 19
Melody is on a distinguished road
Western Hills Target is apparently one of the many remodeling this year to the new concept layout with two entrances and a dedicated pick up area (like walmart bascially). Theres tons of storage trailers blocking half the parking lot.
Reply With Quote
  #4097  
Old 04-25-18, 05:57 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,460
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
Western Hills Target is apparently one of the many remodeling this year to the new concept layout with two entrances and a dedicated pick up area (like walmart bascially). Theres tons of storage trailers blocking half the parking lot.
Thanks, I was wondering what those were for
Reply With Quote
  #4098  
Old 04-25-18, 06:08 PM
Melody Melody is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-08-16
Location: Western Hills
Posts: 19
Melody is on a distinguished road
Also the White Castle that closed on West Fork/North Bend Road in becoming a Taco Bell. The White Castle on Boudinot/Harrison is currently temporarily closed for remodeling and The Subway on Glenway by Bridgetown is also closing temporarily this weekend for a remodel.
Reply With Quote
  #4099  
Old 05-01-18, 08:26 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Headline from the Business Courier: "Fast-growing West Side firm set to open $10M lab"

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...n-10m-lab.html

Quote:
Q Laboratories plans to officially open its new $10 million lab building in East Price Hill on May 17.

Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley and Hamilton County Commissioner Denise Driehaus are to be on hand for the ribbon cutting for the 30,000-square-foot building, which sits on 5.4 acres in the Knob Hill City View Industrial Park.

The privately held firm’s executive team will also participate in the ceremony. David Goins is principal owner and chief operating officer of Q Laboratories, and Jeff Rowe is CEO.

The architect for the new lab was BC3D Design of Warren County’s Turtlecreek Township, while Michael Lichtenberg & Sons Construction of Sharonville was the builder.

Services provided by Q Laboratories include pathogen screening, nutritional analysis, microbial identification and shelf life/stability testing. Recent growth has mostly been driven by regulatory requirements for food, pharmaceutical and dietary supplement companies.
Reply With Quote
  #4100  
Old 05-01-18, 08:39 AM
CincyHSfootball CincyHSfootball is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-26-09
Posts: 583
CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Headline from the Business Courier: "Fast-growing West Side firm set to open $10M lab"

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...n-10m-lab.html
From the State Auditor's office:

Q-Labs. Q-Labs will begin rehabilitation of 2 buildings totaling 25,000 square feet and the construction of a
new 30,000-square-foot laboratory within the Knob Hill City View industrial park. The total project cost is
$7.5 million and will retain 100 full time equivalent positions (FTEs) and create 47 new FTEs. Q-Labs is a
full service laboratory offering comprehensive microbiology, chemistry, and research and development
testing services for the food ingredients/flavorings industry, the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, over-the-counter,
and health and beauty care industry. The company currently occupies 23,500 square feet of space in the
South Fairmount neighborhood. Their current facility is roughly double the amount of space that they
occupied in 2010, but, Q-Labs has grown at such a rate, that it requires additional space in order to sustain its
growth projector
Reply With Quote
  #4101  
Old 05-01-18, 09:03 AM
TheDude TheDude is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-28-09
Location: Casebeer Miller Road
Posts: 5,462
TheDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
HH Gregg has left two empty stores, Biggs closed, BW3's is apparently moving, Applebee's is closed, the strip mall where Izzy's is is empty except for Izzy's, Danberry is closed and looks like it's going to fall down now, the strip mall where Thriftway used to be has been at probably 50% capacity or lower for as long as I can remember. I'm probably forgetting some.
Where to?
Reply With Quote
  #4102  
Old 05-01-18, 10:09 AM
CincyHSfootball CincyHSfootball is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-26-09
Posts: 583
CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
I know a lot of west siders took their cars to West Fork Auto Service down on Westwood Ave near Queen City Ave. I heard long time owner Joe Kattus passed away yesterday. In buiness since 1968. Joe was a good guy.
Reply With Quote
  #4103  
Old 05-01-18, 05:14 PM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 3,397
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Headline from the Business Courier: "Fast-growing West Side firm set to open $10M lab"

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...n-10m-lab.html
Great news. We need more medium sized employers on the Westside.

I wonder if David Goins is one of our guys?
Reply With Quote
  #4104  
Old 05-01-18, 06:59 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
His brother Mark Goins (who also works at Q Laboratories) is.
Reply With Quote
  #4105  
Old 05-05-18, 09:40 AM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Here’s a cool old photo of downtown Delhi in the 50s:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Old....6143041428135/
Reply With Quote
  #4106  
Old 05-05-18, 12:40 PM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 3,397
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Here’s a cool old photo of downtown Delhi in the 50s:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Old....6143041428135/
That is a cool picture. I can see Mt. Alverno in the upper left corner of the picture, the start of Delhi Garden Center across the street from the poster's home site and Huenefeld's farm on the left edge of the picture.

There were several Williams farm parcels, one of which I believe became Delhi Park. I guess the original poster of the picture is one of Dr. Fishbach's children who lived at the end of Old Pedretti before it turns right onto the private drive. I may be wrong but the old house that still stands near the top of the hill on the left hand side of Anderson Ferry, was a member of the Williams family. I believe that Judge Williams of Hamilton County Juvenile Court is a member of that prominent family.

My guess is that this picture was taken just prior to the development of Del-Fair Shopping Center. It was before my time, but just before my time. Longtime fireman and gas station (Texico at Pedretti and Delhi Pike) owner, Bob Sanker's house should be one of those in the pictures. His home site is where Skyline is now.

Can anyone tell me when and how "Delhi Pike" became "Delhi Road"? Was that Dusty Rhodes' doing like him promoting "Delhi Township" (legally correct) over the more quaint "Delhi Hills"?
Reply With Quote
  #4107  
Old 05-05-18, 06:41 PM
SMARTY22 SMARTY22 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-23-09
Posts: 1,536
SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
That is a cool picture. I can see Mt. Alverno in the upper left corner of the picture, the start of Delhi Garden Center across the street from the poster's home site and Huenefeld's farm on the left edge of the picture.

There were several Williams farm parcels, one of which I believe became Delhi Park. I guess the original poster of the picture is one of Dr. Fishbach's children who lived at the end of Old Pedretti before it turns right onto the private drive. I may be wrong but the old house that still stands near the top of the hill on the left hand side of Anderson Ferry, was a member of the Williams family. I believe that Judge Williams of Hamilton County Juvenile Court is a member of that prominent family.

My guess is that this picture was taken just prior to the development of Del-Fair Shopping Center. It was before my time, but just before my time. Longtime fireman and gas station (Texico at Pedretti and Delhi Pike) owner, Bob Sanker's house should be one of those in the pictures. His home site is where Skyline is now.

Can anyone tell me when and how "Delhi Pike" became "Delhi Road"? Was that Dusty Rhodes' doing like him promoting "Delhi Township" (legally correct) over the more quaint "Delhi Hills"?
Bob Sanker, a lifelong Delhisian. We like to call him The Mayor of Delhi! In his 80s and still Volunteers an awful lot for the people of Delhi!
Reply With Quote
  #4108  
Old 05-19-18, 01:39 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
https://twitter.com/Reds/status/997860718748762112
Quote:
The Reds and the Reds Community Fund this morning honored long-time clubhouse manager Bernie Stowe by dedicating a newly renovated field in his name at Gilday Riverside Park. Bernie's sons, Rick and Mark, were joined by Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench for the festivities.
Reply With Quote
  #4109  
Old 05-19-18, 03:17 PM
CincyHSfootball CincyHSfootball is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-26-09
Posts: 583
CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Bernardo was just a great, great guy. Loved and respected by all. Especially by the Reds players, coaches and front office. They continue to honor him. The Reds locker room is named after Bernie.

Congrats to Bernie(up in heaven) and to his family.
Reply With Quote
  #4110  
Old 05-19-18, 08:56 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
The Enquirer has more about today's dedication: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ini/626096002/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz