Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Solon Comets

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-09, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Is Mentor going to the NOC?

Just wanted to get some thoughts from you guys since it is your conference and we correspond so much.

With the rumors of Stow/Cuyahoga Falls bolting do you think Mentor will make the move in 2010 or more likely 2011? Do you think Euclid or Brecksville or someone else will follow them too?

Should be interesting so I am just seeing if anyone has heard anything.
Old 02-15-09, 12:09 PM
All American

Grandpa1
Change isn'y just possible, it's inevitable.

Every few years even stable things are subject to change. Some realignment was actually planned and built-in to the huge NE Ohio Conference. But even then, there will be some who want to leave. I don't expect Mentor to be independent very long before joining up.

In the meantime, maybe the Cards can play all those Catholic sports schools.
Old 02-15-09, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

I'm hoping only to have to be independent for 2010. Would be great to be grouped with Solon/Strongsville/Brunswick/Mayfield/Nordonia in 2011.
Old 02-15-09, 05:41 PM
All American

Grandpa1
The other guy may not see it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
I'm hoping only to have to be independent for 2010. Would be great to be grouped with Solon/Strongsville/Brunswick/Mayfield/Nordonia in 2011.
Now, now, great for you maybe but don't count on Nordonia feeling that way. And...did you ever play a late season football game at Mayfield?

Your indepence won't last long; maybe even exciting for a year or two!
Old 02-15-09, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

I've been to Mayfield and would be fine with it. I've always wanted to get Mayfield on our schedule because Mentor/Mayfield can be a pretty decent rivalry imo.

Maybe if Euclid were brought along (or someone else), Nordonia would move out then to another division?

Who knows. Just wanted to get thoughts and see if anyone heard any rumors or had any speculation of their own.
Old 02-15-09, 11:05 PM
All Yappi

Hurri-Comet is on a distinguished road
Well only rumor I've heard is that of Cuyahoga Falls wanting out, plus maybe Stow and Hudson. I think Mentor coming in would be good for the conference, but I really would still prefer a "super conference" of publics that we all have talked about. NEOC is still a work in progress in getting the teams settled. Just my opinion that Mentor would be better off in NEO than going independent.

Brunswick-Mayfield- Medina -Mentor-Nordonia-Solon-Strongsville plus two cross-over or non conference games would do nicely. Mayfield, Nordonia, and Solon would be the smallest of those teams in boys numbers, correct me if I'm wrong. And Mayfield a div.2 team. But the girls athletics would be great also. Just my thoughts at this time.
Old 02-16-09, 12:19 AM
All Yappi

7 team division may be too much. I think it would better just to shift Medina to another division and keep the number at 6. Having 8 games in conference would be a little much. 7 is enough.

Gives us all 3 non conference games a year too. I know Mentor wants Ignatius/Eds/Euclid on their schedule most years for example.

I agree the girls athletics would be good. The freshman competition for us would be way better too.

And the environments would be better for us too. Went to Cleveland Heights on Friday night and they played an unedited rap song with f and n bombs like crazy. Cant have that around little kids. I mean I have the song on cd but still that should have no place in high school athletics based on parents and kids attending.
Old 02-16-09, 12:51 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
By 2011 nordonia will be in the weakest division after this year nordonia will he horrible for 5 years.
Old 02-16-09, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurri-Comet View Post
Well only rumor I've heard is that of Cuyahoga Falls wanting out, plus maybe Stow and Hudson. I think Mentor coming in would be good for the conference, but I really would still prefer a "super conference" of publics that we all have talked about. NEOC is still a work in progress in getting the teams settled. Just my opinion that Mentor would be better off in NEO than going independent.
I thought the Northeast Ohio Conference was this "super conference" you speak of.

Sure, Mentor would be a great fit athletically with teams like Solon, Strongsville, Brunswick, etc. Hopefully everything that needs to fall into place will, and an announcement will be made before next football season.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: