Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 06-05-18, 02:34 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 347
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
There will be movement on the 01 ECNL team if for no other than the girls on the 00 coming down. One would have to assume that the kids that have yet to be committed will be the first to be relegated to the 2nd team. You can only have so many on a roster .
Again, I understand the logic. I'm only suggesting that I feel I have a decent grasp on what next year's 01 team composition will look like. I'm asserting you two are using flawed logic in your rationale and basing this on conjecture rather than any particular insight.

I'm not as familiar with the 02's but feel the club is likely confident in this team as well.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #122  
Old 06-05-18, 02:34 PM
soccer21stcentury soccer21stcentury is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-29-14
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 111
soccer21stcentury is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
There will be movement on the 01 ECNL team if for no other than the girls on the 00 coming down. One would have to assume that the kids that have yet to be committed will be the first to be relegated to the 2nd team. You can only have so many on a roster .
D1 schools with coaching changes have the majority of the late commits. because the new coach wants to recruit his own players. Most of the commits were already verbally committed somewhere else. Donít bank on a senior that has not verballed or received any D1 offers this late getting any from top D1 schools.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-05-18, 02:35 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 347
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
The girl went back to the CDA because she was not getting enough playing time on the 01 ECNL. Way too much time and money to waste.
Was CDA and that National league significantly cheaper than ECNL?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-06-18, 06:15 PM
lovesallsports lovesallsports is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-03-16
Posts: 38
lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
A DA girl that is committed to Minnesota LD is coming over to the ECNL next season.


And you know this how?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-11-18, 09:41 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 347
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
A DA girl that is committed to Minnesota LD is coming over to the ECNL next season.
Time for the conjecture test. You didn't say what age group. Do you still think this is true?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-12-18, 11:08 AM
1000games 1000games is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-16-17
Posts: 15
1000games is on a distinguished road
From what I can gather, there haven't been any defections from OE to CDA / DA and no great movement of DA to OE. Lots of CDA trying out at OE. And DA making invites to OE players.
Now that the results are in, although 'unknown' it will be interesting to see if "21's" comments above are full of knowledge or full of inflated hype.

The true test of the DA's strength will be measured by the number of 03's that stayed at DA or decided to go somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-12-18, 11:18 AM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,514
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
DA doesn't make invites. They also don't have a "tryout" in the traditional sense. You have to put in a request to play and if approved you come to a training session with the teams. From there you are evaluated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000games View Post
From what I can gather, there haven't been any defections from OE to CDA / DA and no great movement of DA to OE. Lots of CDA trying out at OE. And DA making invites to OE players.
Now that the results are in, although 'unknown' it will be interesting to see if "21's" comments above are full of knowledge or full of inflated hype.

The true test of the DA's strength will be measured by the number of 03's that stayed at DA or decided to go somewhere else.
Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-12-18, 03:21 PM
istillplay istillplay is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-27-16
Posts: 28
istillplay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
DA doesn't make invites. They also don't have a "tryout" in the traditional sense. You have to put in a request to play and if approved you come to a training session with the teams. From there you are evaluated.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Not entirely correct. I know 100% that a current OE 01 was approached out of the blue and asked if she wanted to play for DA. She turned it down. Same thing happened two years ago before DA from top CUP teams when they recruited.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-12-18, 03:22 PM
1000games 1000games is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-16-17
Posts: 15
1000games is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
DA doesn't make invites. They also don't have a "tryout" in the traditional sense. You have to put in a request to play and if approved you come to a training session with the teams. From there you are evaluated.
Well Philly - Just like the process that BP and Tiff used to form the teams at the DA, rules and guidelines are not always followed. Processes are not always as they are explained. And maybe that's why the DA won't succeed.
Fact is, my kid got an invite. It was unsolicited and never accompanied a training session at the DA. Maybe the DA just doesn't have enough girls coming to them, so they have to go looking.
Thank you for your naive, straight-laced proclamation though. You're doing a great job keeping the DA on its toes!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-12-18, 03:32 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,514
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000games View Post
Well Philly - Just like the process that BP and Tiff used to form the teams at the DA, rules and guidelines are not always followed. Processes are not always as they are explained. And maybe that's why the DA won't succeed.
Fact is, my kid got an invite. It was unsolicited and never accompanied a training session at the DA. Maybe the DA just doesn't have enough girls coming to them, so they have to go looking.
Thank you for your naive, straight-laced proclamation though. You're doing a great job keeping the DA on its toes!
I said DA. The person I quoted made a clear distinction between CDA and DA. I have never read the tryout procedures for CDA. I was speaking for the DA, thus why I said DA.

Now if you want to get on following procedures, your argument is the same used to say that private schools recruit. "They sought me out unsolicited, [fill in the blank] blah blah blah." So under your way of thinking, if the CDA are recruiting like you say they are (nothing wrong with that by the way), and that will be their failure, then private schools are using a failing model as well when they search out players? The GCL's days are numbered people! You heard it hear first.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-12-18, 03:56 PM
Snooper Snooper is online now
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-19-18
Posts: 20
Snooper is on a distinguished road
The DA pretty clearly states that it is up to the Academy Club to determine their player identification process. The local club in Cincinnati that is in the Girls DA (CDA), pretty clearly states that they will fill their rosters for the DA teams via invite. Not sure what's so shady...

http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview-join-the-academy
https://cincyda.demosphere-secure.com/id-center-tryout
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-12-18, 06:34 PM
1000games 1000games is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-16-17
Posts: 15
1000games is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I said DA. The person I quoted made a clear distinction between CDA and DA. I have never read the tryout procedures for CDA. I was speaking for the DA, thus why I said DA.

Now if you want to get on following procedures, your argument is the same used to say that private schools recruit. "They sought me out unsolicited, [fill in the blank] blah blah blah." So under your way of thinking, if the CDA are recruiting like you say they are (nothing wrong with that by the way), and that will be their failure, then private schools are using a failing model as well when they search out players? The GCL's days are numbered people! You heard it hear first.
Philly - You quoted me. And I said the DA was making unsolicited invites:
" And DA making invites to OE players." (But you said that wouldn't happen because the DA doesn't do that.)
You need to reread what you're responding to.

I was not talking about the CDA (Pre-Da) in regards to getting players. We all know that is a "try-out" process .

And to clarify, the DA won't be successful as long as procedures, rules, and processes, aren't followed. Because then there is too much POLITICS in the water.... breaking structured rules when selecting teams is the process by which politics enters the arena. I DID NOT say that the DA won't be successful because they make invites..... which you said they don't. But clearly they do.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-12-18, 07:50 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,514
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000games View Post
Philly - You quoted me. And I said the DA was making unsolicited invites:
" And DA making invites to OE players." (But you said that wouldn't happen because the DA doesn't do that.)
You need to reread what you're responding to.

I was not talking about the CDA (Pre-Da) in regards to getting players. We all know that is a "try-out" process .

And to clarify, the DA won't be successful as long as procedures, rules, and processes, aren't followed. Because then there is too much POLITICS in the water.... breaking structured rules when selecting teams is the process by which politics enters the arena. I DID NOT say that the DA won't be successful because they make invites..... which you said they don't. But clearly they do.
I'm confused here. Is the CDA not the Cincinnati DA, or the new girls combination of CUP and Kings Hammer? From your post it came across as you referring to CDA as the girls and DA as the boys DA, or CUP DA. Not sure how Pre-DA teams got mixed into this conversation. Didn't seem like you were talking about that. So like I said, I'm very confused here.

I'm specifically referring to this comment right here. Feel free to clear up my confusion.

"From what I can gather, there haven't been any defections from OE to CDA / DA and no great movement of DA to OE. Lots of CDA trying out at OE. And DA making invites to OE players."

Oh, and feel free to leave the condescension at the door.


Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-13-18, 07:37 AM
5x26 5x26 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 94
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Who the heck is CDA going to play that's worth really playing?

With Eclipse, Hawks and Indy Fire gone their schedule sure got easier. The 15's were 5th behind the 3 clubs that went back all in to the ECNL, the 18/19's were 5th behind them as well. They added a mid quality CSA in Cleveland club but seems travel just got worse if they are going to increase the division size, and quality of teams they are playing also dropped significantly. I think that Minnesota team they already spend so much money to go and play has a goal differential between their 3 teams of around -250.

It's no wonder so many kids were trying to leave the DA to come to OE and OP.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-13-18, 08:02 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 347
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Is anyone actually leaving CDA, outside of the one or two from natural migration?
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-13-18, 11:52 AM
Snooper Snooper is online now
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-19-18
Posts: 20
Snooper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Is anyone actually leaving CDA, outside of the one or two from natural migration?
One would have to suppose that there will be movement within CDA between the DA and Premier teams but I don't think many will leave the club entirely. Other than OE, there is really not another club locally that I can imagine any of those girls going to.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-13-18, 01:28 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 347
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post
Who the heck is CDA going to play that's worth really playing?

With Eclipse, Hawks and Indy Fire gone their schedule sure got easier. The 15's were 5th behind the 3 clubs that went back all in to the ECNL, the 18/19's were 5th behind them as well. They added a mid quality CSA in Cleveland club but seems travel just got worse if they are going to increase the division size, and quality of teams they are playing also dropped significantly. I think that Minnesota team they already spend so much money to go and play has a goal differential between their 3 teams of around -250.

It's no wonder so many kids were trying to leave the DA to come to OE and OP.
I should have quantified the question. Are that many girls trying to leave CDA (Conjecture check).
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-18-18, 09:38 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,514
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180618-n...demy-2018-2019

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-22-18, 11:22 AM
5x26 5x26 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 94
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Another major club who has all 3 Age group teams playing in the DA playoffs including the number 1 U16/U17 DA team announced they are leaving the DA for the ECNL. LAFC Slammers go ECNL All-In!
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-23-18, 04:10 PM
TickyTack TickyTack is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 9
TickyTack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post
Another major club who has all 3 Age group teams playing in the DA playoffs including the number 1 U16/U17 DA team announced they are leaving the DA for the ECNL. LAFC Slammers go ECNL All-In!


Who cares? Both leagues will continue to succeed and field quality sides. The debate will continue ad nauseam and parents (e.g. u) will continue to try and prove their league is the best. My advice: keep your eye on the long term big picture- talent will rise to the top and get noticed regardless of format
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 06-23-18, 04:16 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,514
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickyTack View Post
Who cares? Both leagues will continue to succeed and field quality sides. The debate will continue ad nauseam and parents (e.g. u) will continue to try and prove their league is the best. My advice: keep your eye on the long term big picture- talent will rise to the top and get noticed regardless of format
This

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-25-18, 09:02 AM
Snooper Snooper is online now
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-19-18
Posts: 20
Snooper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickyTack View Post
Who cares? Both leagues will continue to succeed and field quality sides. The debate will continue ad nauseam and parents (e.g. u) will continue to try and prove their league is the best. My advice: keep your eye on the long term big picture- talent will rise to the top and get noticed regardless of format
I agree with this whole-heartedly. Unless the big-picture goal is to play on the National Team, then it's really six a half dozen the other... Universities aren't going to ignore either the ECNL or the DA.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-25-18, 10:04 AM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 184
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
So right you are....there are some schools (top D1 programs that invest in competing at a high level in the NCAA tournament) that only look at kids that play on club teams that compete in ECNL, National League, and the DA. So, if a kid has the desire AND the talent to play for one of those schools, she needs to play on an ECNL, National League or DA team. If the desire is to play college for any other level, there are other avenues to get there besides the above mentioned clubs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Football Coaches Changes IUDOGS Football 362 08-14-18 09:35 AM
LeBron James' Uninterrupted issues letter to Alabama over copyright infringement Yappi General Board 0 04-02-18 01:25 PM
Family of NYC bombing suspect issues statement OhioBobcatFan06 Debate Forum 3 12-12-17 09:28 AM
Bob Schwab Classic whodey86 Wrestling 24 12-04-17 10:29 AM
Week 11 Friday night home game issues? EastYoungstown Football 20 10-29-17 06:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz