Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-13-18, 11:57 AM
All World

GCPRO
Little Miami at Edgewood for the SWOC Title

Number one game in southwest OH this weekend in downtown Trenton. I guess it would actually be just outside downtown Trenton. Don't bring up the Fairfield-Colerain game as we know those teams are all star teams and the GMC is a second rate conference.

Pretty sure I'm gonna leave my palatial Hamilton estate to see this one in person. Not too far for an old man to wander away for a few hours and I'm kind of partial to a few of the watering holes in the village on the way.

With great anticipation I look forward to a weeks worth of solid banter between the two programs' fan base. This one has the look of a good ole good one.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-18, 12:15 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
With a LM win isn’t that a 3 way tie for swoc??
Old 10-13-18, 12:20 PM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
With a LM win isn’t that a 3 way tie for swoc??
Yes, a little premature on the SWOC title talk. There are 4 teams with one loss in the conference. Still any of those teams could win it.
Old 10-13-18, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I was just gonna say I think Harrison and Mt. Healthy can still get a share.
Old 10-13-18, 02:49 PM
All District

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Yes, four teams with one loss so this is not for the title. Edgewood beat Harrison, Harrison beat Little Miami, and Little Miami beat Mt Healthy. The Harrison/Mt Healthy game is just as big as this one. We’ll know a lot more about the SWOC after Friday’s games but the conference will not be decided until week 10.
Old 10-13-18, 02:56 PM
All World

GCPRO
What was I thinking in the immortal words of Dierks Bentley?

I guess I assumed, which we know how that turns out, that if the Panthers won they would be champions. Co, tri, quad, but champions. Now I also realize that the other two 1 loss teams also play each other this weekend. And my Cougs finish the season at Healthy as my guy likes to say. Just trying to drum up some support for my trip to Trenton Friday night.
It's a tough weekend with family members on both sides of the stadium in Cougarville and I do mean Cougarville. Always had a special place for those good looking farm hands.
Old 10-13-18, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Little Miami at Edgewood for the SWOC Title

Edgewood looking pretty tough these days. Record be damned they put a knot on WW’s head and don’t talk to Wanda....

Looking forward to a good one Friday. Good luck to both squads.

LM, mold a new mouthpiece and bring your neck roll. Might be some snot bubbles making an appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-18, 10:38 PM
Freshman

H.Callahan is on a distinguished road
If the Cougars beat Little Miami would that give them a lock in the playoffs? or do they need to win out? Would Little Miami make the playoffs with that loss? Life can be complicated.
Old 10-14-18, 07:58 AM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Ok So we are all in the same page. Theoretically this game is for the title. If Edgewood wins as long as they win the next game they are the SWOC champion. If LM wins then they will be co champs with Harrison If Harrison wins out.

Now for the playoffs according the fantastic 50, LM has to win one of there next 2 games to be in. The difference being if they beat Edgewood they will most likely lock up a home game. That also bodes well for Harrison since they beat LM. If Edgewood wins they are in. And may get a home game as a 4 seed. But Edgewood and Harrison are both one loss from not making it since they have 2 already. According to the same site they believe all 3 are playing in November.

As for the game this will be a tough matchup. Edgewood is good. But after watching Ross who in theory is the same type of offense except without the athletes it will be close. Whoever can establish the run and get some big plays will win. LM has a better passing game than Edgewood. Edgewood run game is better. Defense is same. LM guys are smaller and faster on D. Edgewood is big and physical. I trust Reder more than the Edwood QB. Against Ross he got a nasty helmet hit that took him out for a Quarter but he is cleared and good to go. Didn't see any injuries on the Edgewood side. This is the classic Bengals Steelers type match up, LM is the new guy, the Bengals, and the Swoc and the playoffs go through Edgewood the Steelers. If you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ.
Old 10-14-18, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

LM defense worries me in this matchup. Also LM needs to address the penalties and kickoff team issues. Too many long returns in the Ross game. Also the health of Patton will be key. Also will Patton be playing safety or outside backer on D? I've seen him play both.
Old 10-14-18, 09:23 AM
Varsity

Pattons health is a big deal. If he is on D he will be a linebacker. Edgewood doesn't pass. Between Reder and Dawson, and Pattons splash plays they have an enough offense. It's the middle linebackers and d line that will have to get it done. Can the nose and the Middle Linebackers make a diiference? Can they stop that big FB Edgewood has. That's the key to stopping Edgewood. Watch the WW game. That what they did. I'd put 8 in the box and make them throw it. Fransisco is good enough to cover one on one. One tough game. I can make a case for LM. But they have to put it on the field. It will be a good one.
Old 10-14-18, 09:40 AM
All Ohio

Ross doesn't pass either and Patton played safety against them. The nose guard for LM always seems to get driven 10 yards down field. This can't happen against Edgewood. I think the cougar guards are going to give our inside backers problems all night.
Old 10-14-18, 10:33 AM
Varsity

I believe he was playing backer. He started playing backer since Duncan stopped starting. They also run a 3 LB set in which he becomes a safety during. But that mostly against teams like Harrison who pass a lot. Either way it open to interpretation. Damroudi defnitley is a bit on the small side but just had he's been driven back I've seen him make some big plays. Most of the issues I've seen have been with Linebacker pass coverage and filling the gap on the runs. I said I've see possible opportunities for LM. But they will have to play just like Ross. Ross and WW gave us the blueprints. They need to follow.
Old 10-14-18, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

“Ross and WW gave you the blueprints”? Seriously? Not even close to the same game plan and entirely different reasons for results.

Casual observe much?

Old 10-14-18, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

As an LM fan I cringe when I hear a posters use LM and WW in the same sentence. Don't use WW as an example of how LM can beat Edgewood. Not even comparable.
Old 10-14-18, 11:14 AM
Varsity

Yes blueprints. I know it's hard to think, but everything is out there in tape. The Ross loss put alot out there. And Winton woods used the same tape I guarantee. Yes LM do not have the athletes that WW has, but neither does Ross. Edgewood is a good team, but beatable just,like every other team. As a big fan of high school sports I see a lot of games and watch a lot of teams. Edgewood is good. It will be a,dog fight. But the Blueprint is out, just like it is for LM. So relax buddy I know you bleed cougar blue. But I tend to look at everything objectively. And yes Winton Woods game plan for defense was very similar. But the big FB and QB. Don't pay attention to the fakes and be the toughest team on the field. Winton,Woods ran that same offense in the late 90's when Parker played under Cynkar.
Old 10-14-18, 11:15 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
As an LM fan I cringe when I hear a posters use LM and WW in the same sentence. Don't use WW as an example of how LM can beat Edgewood. Not even comparable.

Exactly. I would say just be you, play your game, limit mistakes and it is what it is.

Wanda tried that whole Ross have us the blueprint bs and how did that go?

Old 10-14-18, 11:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Yes blueprints. I know it's hard to think, but everything is out there in tape. The Ross loss put alot out there. And Winton woods used the same tape I guarantee. Yes LM do not have the athletes that WW has, but neither does Ross. Edgewood is a good team, but beatable just,like every other team. As a big fan of high school sports I see a lot of games and watch a lot of teams. Edgewood is good. It will be a,dog fight. But the Blueprint is out, just like it is for LM. So relax buddy I know you bleed cougar blue. But I tend to look at everything objectively. And yes Winton Woods game plan for defense was very similar. But the big FB and QB. Don't pay attention to the fakes and be the toughest team on the field. Winton,Woods ran that same offense in the late 90's when Parker played under Cynkar.

Nope, totally different approach on defense based on what they had to work with. Also, penalties and time of possession were the causes of the Ross loss. Play calling and 28 the causes of the WW loss.

Not the same at all.

Old 10-14-18, 11:29 AM
All Ohio

Quote:

Since you are so in touch and watch so much football; why don’t you breakdown specifically what that “blueprint” is.

Just curious.

Old 10-14-18, 11:29 AM
All Ohio

Patton didn't play any snaps at Linebacker against Ross. Only played safety and had 6 carries on offense. They will need a big run or return from him if we have any chance of winning. Reder needs to hit a deep ball or two. We are a big play offense that needs to strike quick. Offensive line needs to clean up the penalties.
Old 10-14-18, 11:37 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Patton didn't play any snaps at Linebacker against Ross. Only played safety and had 6 carries on offense. They will need a big run or return from him if we have any chance of winning. Reder needs to hit a deep ball or two. We are a big play offense that needs to strike quick. Offensive line needs to clean up the penalties.

LM o-line will be under a lot of stress. The pressure comes from many different places. Might be the difference in this game.

Old 10-14-18, 11:46 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old 10-14-18, 12:02 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Too my knowledge there is no head to head tie breaker in the SWOC if two teams end with 1 loss, you will have co-champs.
Old 10-14-18, 12:19 PM
Varsity

Wow didn't realize that was against the English language to use WW and LM in the same sentence. Especially as a big fan of both programs.

As I was saying put 8 in the box against Edgewood and they will have fits. But you have to be tougher than them. Ie Ross. Talawanda may have had the blue prints....but didn't have the players. Big difference. This game will be close. Edgewood is the favorite and should be. LM has to have those big play deep ball. They were missing that the last couple weeks. It spreads the defense out.
Old 10-14-18, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

TheStuff142
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
Too my knowledge there is no head to head tie breaker in the SWOC if two teams end with 1 loss, you will have co-champs.
This is correct. Off the top of my head girl volleyball this season co-champs Harrison and Little Miami...both teams with 1 loss to each other. Same for all sports. So if there are 2 teams tied with 1 loss...then it is co champs.
Old 10-14-18, 12:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Wow didn't realize that was against the English language to use WW and LM in the same sentence. Especially as a big fan of both programs.

As I was saying put 8 in the box against Edgewood and they will have fits. But you have to be tougher than them. Ie Ross. Talawanda may have had the blue prints....but didn't have the players. Big difference. This game will be close. Edgewood is the favorite and should be. LM has to have those big play deep ball. They were missing that the last couple weeks. It spreads the defense out.

Everybody puts 8-9 in the box vs Edgewood. Results vary play to play depending on assignments and effort.

Wanda had at least 9 in the box on most every snap. Just like everyone else.

Old 10-14-18, 03:54 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCPRO View Post
What was I thinking in the immortal words of Dierks Bentley?

I guess I assumed, which we know how that turns out, that if the Panthers won they would be champions. Co, tri, quad, but champions. Now I also realize that the other two 1 loss teams also play each other this weekend. And my Cougs finish the season at Healthy as my guy likes to say. Just trying to drum up some support for my trip to Trenton Friday night.
It's a tough weekend with family members on both sides of the stadium in Cougarville and I do mean Cougarville. Always had a special place for those good looking farm hands.
Uh, actually Healthy is at Edgewood in week ten.
Old 10-14-18, 04:02 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Ok So we are all in the same page. Theoretically this game is for the title. If Edgewood wins as long as they win the next game they are the SWOC champion. If LM wins then they will be co champs with Harrison If Harrison wins out.

Now for the playoffs according the fantastic 50, LM has to win one of there next 2 games to be in. The difference being if they beat Edgewood they will most likely lock up a home game. That also bodes well for Harrison since they beat LM. If Edgewood wins they are in. And may get a home game as a 4 seed. But Edgewood and Harrison are both one loss from not making it since they have 2 already. According to the same site they believe all 3 are playing in November.

As for the game this will be a tough matchup. Edgewood is good. But after watching Ross who in theory is the same type of offense except without the athletes it will be close. Whoever can establish the run and get some big plays will win. LM has a better passing game than Edgewood. Edgewood run game is better. Defense is same. LM guys are smaller and faster on D. Edgewood is big and physical. I trust Reder more than the Edwood QB. Against Ross he got a nasty helmet hit that took him out for a Quarter but he is cleared and good to go. Didn't see any injuries on the Edgewood side. This is the classic Bengals Steelers type match up, LM is the new guy, the Bengals, and the Swoc and the playoffs go through Edgewood the Steelers. If you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ.
Uh, dude LM and Ross are 2 totally different offenses.Ross ran their 225 lb fullback 30 times against Edgewood, and he got just enough, when you add in 9 stupid penalties for Ross to hold the ball.LM is a big play team very fast and very small.
Old 10-14-18, 04:12 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Uh, don't look now but MtHealthy is coming on.225 lb fullback with speed did not play the first half of the season,have no clue why, but they are a different team with him in the lineup.Healthy has 2 D1 recruits on defense and a lot of speed with the Kelly brothers. Harrison has problems stopping the run and Harrison QB is injured but will play I have heard.If Harrison QB cant run ball changes their whole team.LM QB Reder is good but he has a tendancy to force the ball in.He can hurt you running also. Should be an interesting 2 weeks.
Old 10-14-18, 04:16 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
LM o-line will be under a lot of stress. The pressure comes from many different places. Might be the difference in this game.

Uh Edgewood needs big games from Brown and Hiltbrand. Must rush UNDER CONTROL, and maintain leverage on the outside.Take the right angles under control.Dont let LM QB break contain.