Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-06-18, 11:06 PM
All Region

1jeffcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Heard from several sources that a few weeks ago Ada was down to less than twenty healthy players due to injury. How are their numbers?
Jefferson isn't too far behind. They have cancelled a lot of the JV games due to numbers.
Old 10-07-18, 02:18 PM
All Ohio

adog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Heard from several sources that a few weeks ago Ada was down to less than twenty healthy players due to injury. How are their numbers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post
Jefferson isn't too far behind. They have cancelled a lot of the JV games due to numbers.
Numbers down in Ada but don't think it is that low. Started season with 35 and know some are out for injuries, but don't think it is that many to get the numbers less than 20, but then again, haven't counted so not 100% sure
Old 10-08-18, 08:48 AM
All District

cknights is on a distinguished road
Ada looked to have an "okay" amount of numbers friday night. They were low but it wasn't to the point of pulling a team off the field because of the personnel being so low. They are definitely down right now. I would say that their dropoff is fairly close to that of Jefferson. Not sure what happened at either school.

That said....we now have a four way tie atop the NWC. It's going to be a wild finish. The knights will have their hands full with a good and considerably quick Allen East team.
Old 10-09-18, 12:16 PM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
2018 NWC Football Standings

Teams

NWC Record

Overall Record

1. Columbus Grove 3-1 4-3
1. Crestview 3-1 6-1
1. Spencerville 3-1 5-2
1. Allen East 3-1 4-3
5. Paulding 2-2 2-5
6. Ada 1-3 2-5
6. Bluffton 1-3 2-5
8. Delphos Jefferson 0-4 1-6
Old 10-10-18, 12:50 PM
All District

Showdown of the week:

10 vs 10. Clum vs. Kline. Battle of the NWC QBs
Old 10-15-18, 08:21 PM
Freshman

ER8868 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknights View Post
Showdown of the week:

10 vs 10. Clum vs. Kline. Battle of the NWC QBs

Kline is the real deal. The sloppy field didnít effect him, he was still nearly impossible to bring down.
Old 10-16-18, 12:06 PM
All American

1. Crestview 4-1 7-1
1. Spencerville 4-1 6-2
1. Columbus Grove 4-1 5-3
4. Allen East 3-2 4-4
4. Paulding 3-2 3-5
6. Ada 1-4 2-6
6. Bluffton 1-4 2-6
8. Delphos Jefferson 0-5 1-7
Old 10-17-18, 08:24 AM
All District

Interesting standings. As of right now, we are looking at Crestview finishing top 2 in region 28, Spencerville finishing top 5 in region 26, and Grove finishing top 5 in region 22. Better than the original thoughts of 1 or maybe 2 making it in. I think Grove could actually make some noise in the first round of the playoffs and Crestview will be primed for a run and a showdown with Minster again this year to see who wants out of region 28. It looks like a decent year for the NWC, albeit "down".
Old 10-17-18, 12:25 PM
All American

who has the inside track for the conference crown?
Old 10-17-18, 12:52 PM
All District

Both Crestview and Spencerville have Jefferson and Paulding left. Grove still has Allen East and Bluffton. I think one of the best games of the season in the NWC could very well be Grove vs Allen East this weekend. Both teams are young and have exciting QBs. This will determine whether or not Grove gets a share of the title or if Crestview and Spencerville share the title. I don't foresee Jefferson winning against either of those two teams. Paulding is coming on strong, but I don't see them beating either team as well. It'll most likely come down to this weekend as to whether there is a two or three way tie in the conference at the end of the season.
Old 10-17-18, 07:15 PM
Varsity

AmustangE is on a distinguished road
I'm hearing that Reynolds from Grove is out for the season. Could have a big impact on the AE-Grove game this Friday.
Old 10-17-18, 07:24 PM
Varsity

AmustangE is on a distinguished road
From another site:

"Did anyone witness the fight on the Delphos Jefferson sideline Friday night? I was told the Jefferson head coach and an assistant had to be separated. Then at the same time 2 players (one being the head coaches son) were on the track exchanging punches. The player fight was broke up by parents and the CG police. If that is true, Jefferson has bigger issues then being a horrible football team"

Has anyone heard anything else about this?
Old 10-18-18, 07:54 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmustangE View Post
From another site:

"Did anyone witness the fight on the Delphos Jefferson sideline Friday night? I was told the Jefferson head coach and an assistant had to be separated. Then at the same time 2 players (one being the head coaches son) were on the track exchanging punches. The player fight was broke up by parents and the CG police. If that is true, Jefferson has bigger issues then being a horrible football team"

Has anyone heard anything else about this?
Yes. I heard that a day ago. Being that Crestview plays Jefferson and Jefferson cancelled their JV game, there was rumors. One rumor was that the head coach and assistant have boys that play the same position. So the head coach and assistant fought then their boys fought. What a mess if true. I have nothing to verify except for second hand info and certainly don't want to jump to conclusions on whether its true or false. However, it sounds like the rumor is going around and what i heard yesterday is partially true at the very least.

That's sad. Its a kids game. How can this happen in a great community with great football tradition?

Big game for Allen East. Good luck to you! You have a great young football team with promising athletes and a good coach from what I see!
Old 10-18-18, 08:12 PM
Freshman

Dr. Frasier Crane is on a distinguished road
Grove will be too physical for Allen East. That and the athletes that Grove has in the defensive backfield will be too much for the Mustangs to overcome. It will be close for a while but Grove will pull away in the 2nd half much like Crestview did last week.

Delphos is a trainwreck, dumpster fire, landfill, garbage compactor....what ever else you want to use to describe how bad they are this year. Their headcoach will be one and done for the 2nd straight year.
Old 10-21-18, 01:39 PM
All American

1. Crestview 5-1 8-1
1. Spencerville 5-1 7-2
1. Columbus Grove 5-1 6-3
4. Allen East 3-3 4-5
4. Paulding 3-3 3-6
6. Bluffton 2-4 3-6
7. Ada 1-5 2-7
8. Delphos Jefferson 0-6 1-8

Convoy, VaughnsvilleRimer have clinched and the ville will smash jeffcats to squeak in
Old 10-21-18, 05:24 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post

Convoy, VaughnsvilleRimer have clinched and the ville will smash jeffcats to squeak in
It looks like Vaugnsville/Rimer and Convoy will have 1st round home games. I think both of these teams will win a coule of games in the playoffs. I think that Spencerville will most likely be one and done unless they get paired up with Mechanicsburg, and then they will probably win that game.
Old 10-22-18, 10:33 AM
All District

Fairly confident that Spencerville will hold tight and meet Mechanicsburg. That should be a great ballgame. If they win, they very well could see Marion Local in round 2. Crestview is most likely lined up to meet Minster in round 2 of the playoffs. Grove will likely see the one seed in region 22 in round 2 of the the playoffs.

Prediction: Marion Local goes undefeated all season and wins state. Grove wins a home playoff game and is bounced in round 2. And my homer pick is for Crestview to get redemption from last year's shootout and move on to beat Fort Loramie on their way to state.
Old 10-22-18, 12:21 PM
Junior Varsity

theterribletowel is on a distinguished road
Nice to see that the nwc schools will be getting first round byes.

Looks to me like Grove has an outstanding chance to meet up with Fairview in week one. The dogs will have their hands full with them. The burg will be heavy favorites against Spencerville.
Old 10-22-18, 02:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by theterribletowel View Post
Nice to see that the nwc schools will be getting first round byes.

Looks to me like Grove has an outstanding chance to meet up with Fairview in week one. The dogs will have their hands full with them. The burg will be heavy favorites against Spencerville.
Who is getting first round byes? Grove will likely get Carey who has one win over a team that is above .500. Grove should roll.

I said Spencerville will have a fantastic week 1 matchup. I believe they will be favored at home.

And Crestview will likely get Riverside, whom by all means is no slouch but things are set up to see a rematch with Minster.
Old 10-22-18, 03:45 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fairly confident that Spencerville will hold tight and meet Mechanicsburg. That should be a great ballgame. If they win, they very well could see Marion Local in round 2. Crestview is most likely lined up to meet Minster in round 2 of the playoffs. Grove will likely see the one seed in region 22 in round 2 of the the playoffs.

Prediction: Marion Local goes undefeated all season and wins state. Grove wins a home playoff game and is bounced in round 2. And my homer pick is for Crestview to get redemption from last year's shootout and move on to beat Fort Loramie on their way to state.
Certainly plausible but there's another team in southern Auglaize County that I would love to see give Fort Loramie a run for their money in week 11 should they make it in!
Old 10-23-18, 10:37 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Certainly plausible but there's another team in southern Auglaize County that I would love to see give Fort Loramie a run for their money in week 11 should they make it in!
New Bremen certainly seems to be a fan favorite as the underdog that is going to the playoffs. Pretty neat for that town.
Old 10-24-18, 05:56 PM
All American

go cards
Old 10-24-18, 10:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Yes. I heard that a day ago. Being that Crestview plays Jefferson and Jefferson cancelled their JV game, there was rumors. One rumor was that the head coach and assistant have boys that play the same position. So the head coach and assistant fought then their boys fought. What a mess if true. I have nothing to verify except for second hand info and certainly don't want to jump to conclusions on whether its true or false. However, it sounds like the rumor is going around and what i heard yesterday is partially true at the very least.

That's sad. Its a kids game. How can this happen in a great community with great football tradition?

Big game for Allen East. Good luck to you! You have a great young football team with promising athletes and a good coach from what I see!
Delphos has always been this way....both schools. It's just...Delphos. The teams are going the way of the town....gradually fading away, with parents that have unrealistic expectations. Delphos has always been that way, whether their teams go 10-0 or 0-10. Both DJ and DSJ are an accurate reflection of the state of the town. DJ specifically has had a large amount of players quit mid season. DSJ isn't in much better shape, with a school that is gradually, but surely losing enrollment, and only staying afloat with church donations, and Toledo Diocese $$$.
Old 10-25-18, 05:17 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post
Delphos has always been this way....both schools. It's just...Delphos. The teams are going the way of the town....gradually fading away, with parents that have unrealistic expectations. Delphos has always been that way, whether their teams go 10-0 or 0-10. Both DJ and DSJ are an accurate reflection of the state of the town. DJ specifically has had a large amount of players quit mid season. DSJ isn't in much better shape, with a school that is gradually, but surely losing enrollment, and only staying afloat with church donations, and Toledo Diocese $$$.
I wonder how long it can stay that way.
Old 10-25-18, 09:54 AM
All District

Quote:
Good question. I'm not sure of all of the ins and outs of what is going on a St Johns but if true, you would have to believe that eventually Jefferson would engulf the majority of the St Johns kids with a few probably electing to go the LCC way. I would say that a combined school would be fairly lethal and based on the size of Delphos, I couldn't think that it would bump them up to much of a higher division than say D IV in football.

All of that aside, things may change at Jefferson if a new coach comes in next year. A coach with roots in Delphos and not an outsider.
Old 10-25-18, 10:29 AM
All Region

Quote:
Looking at previous schools with similar situations, I would venture to guess at least another 10 years. However, I would guess that their team size would be too small before the school itself would close. The church itself still takes in a lot of $$$, making it profitable. I mean some people die, and donate their entire life savings and estate. That's just the diocese's call when it becomes overwhelmingly unaffordable. I doubt the church itself will ever close in the near future.

Last edited by 1jeffcat; 10-25-18 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-25-18, 10:38 AM
All Region

Quote:
Good question. I'm not sure of all of the ins and outs of what is going on a St Johns but if true, you would have to believe that eventually Jefferson would engulf the majority of the St Johns kids with a few probably electing to go the LCC way. I would say that a combined school would be fairly lethal and based on the size of Delphos, I couldn't think that it would bump them up to much of a higher division than say D IV in football.

All of that aside, things may change at Jefferson if a new coach comes in next year. A coach with roots in Delphos and not an outsider.
I think it's best to have a coach OUTSIDE the area. Being local or known in Delphos is a really harsh climate to live/coach in....always has been. Schulte at DSJ took a lot of heat, even while DSJ was winning state titles....same with Fell/Morris at DJ, which eventually pushed them out as well. There was a time when combining both schools would field an impressive team....Those days are long since gone. DJ's enrollment will begin to fall from here on out, and DSJ's has already dropped dramatically over the past decade. A combined school wouldn't be much more potent anymore like it would have been in the 90s/00s. The football culture has adopted the culture of the city and parents of both schools....which isn't a good one. The city is rougher than the state of both of the struggling football programs. DSJs football program will eventually undoubtedly end with their own struggles, with a declining program and enrollment, but at the rate DJ is going, they may not have a team even next year(not kidding).
Old 10-25-18, 10:57 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Working with parents who sent their children to DSJ and people who went to DSJ, doubt very much they would send their children to Jefferson if DSJ were to close which I doubt will happen anytime soon. Believe parents who send their children to DSJ would probably send their kids to Spencerville. before sending them to Jefferson. 1jeffcat describes the situation in Delphos pretty much the same way people I have talked to at work, not very good.
Old 10-25-18, 11:11 AM
Freshman

Quote:

Why would anyone inside of Delphos take this job. Like mentioned in a previous post, unrealistic expectations and no athletes at the moment.
Old 10-25-18, 12:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Frasier Crane View Post
Why would anyone inside of Delphos take this job. Like mentioned in a previous post, unrealistic expectations and no athletes at the moment.
Unrealistic expectations, win or lose. Unfortunately, a community-wide problem, that is less of a player problem. "Should have won by more", "Should have done this", "Should have ran this play", "Should have played X instead".....same M.O. whether the schools win or lose. I think the majority of the problem is the community is indoctrinated into overwhelming success from midget to high school, so they subliminally believe they actually know something about football....when they really don't. The mothers are some of the worst. Not to say it doesn't happen at other schools...because it does, but nowhere to the same extent.