Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-18, 08:26 AM
All District

cknights is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Cknights what happened to the Knights tonight?
Let's put it simple. The knights did not come to play. Their D line looked out of sorts. Their O line had #71 from Grove blowing them up and tackling Kline before a play could even develop, and Kline had an off night. Mix that with some dropped passes (unlike Sheets who is going D1 as a receiver) and a defense with no identity and you don't have a win.

It took a wake up call from Spencerville to fire up Crestview last year. Overlook a young hungry opponent and you get burnt. I fully expect them to rebound as one of the two horses on the line should be back next week. Once they get both back, it should help Kline quite a bit.

However, I prefaced the year for the Knights dependent upon being able to replace the seniors from last year. So far, they haven't done that. If things don't change, the Knights will be walking into someone else's house and playing for their lives week 1 of the playoffs.

Alot is riding for the NWC schools and the MAC schools on Friday's game (Crestview v Spencerville) for playoff purposes. Even more is riding on the game for the NWC title, which is now up for grabs by three plus teams. Crestview just made the season interesting for themselves and quite a few other schools. Didn't want to see it happen, but a wake up call is always good.

Now we see if the defense can change and I don't see Kline playing like that again. But, I could be wrong.
Old 09-26-18, 09:48 AM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
knights will rebound, they will not make special team mistakes two weeks in a row
Old 09-26-18, 09:49 AM
All American

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
That's not out of the realm of possibility but I think they'll have a tight match with Spencerville. What helps them is being in Region 22.
that doesn't hurt #22
Old 09-26-18, 09:50 AM
All District

Coach Owens tends to do a good job at correcting mistakes from previous games. One can only hope!
Old 09-26-18, 11:22 AM
Junior Varsity

theterribletowel is on a distinguished road
Crestview tends to have one of these games every year under Owens.
Old 09-26-18, 12:37 PM
All District

Yes. But I won't bash coach. He's done a great job leading Crestview to the playoffs year after year. I'm hoping this year can be the year he gets the close playoff loss off of his resume and makes a deep run.
Old 09-26-18, 08:10 PM
Freshman

Dr. Frasier Crane is on a distinguished road
I think that Crestview will be able to beat Spencerville. I don't think that Crestview will stop Spencerville but that Spencerville won't be able to match up with Crestview. I feel that Spencervilles defensive backs are not nearly as athletic as they have been in the past. This will hurt them against the passing of Crestview.
Old 09-27-18, 01:49 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Frasier Crane View Post
I think that Crestview will be able to beat Spencerville. I don't think that Crestview will stop Spencerville but that Spencerville won't be able to match up with Crestview. I feel that Spencervilles defensive backs are not nearly as athletic as they have been in the past. This will hurt them against the passing of Crestview.
Good analysis. I would say that Sheets and Kline need to lock it in. Now is the time to show why they are considered such a tough duo to stop. Looking forward to making the trip to Spencerville. I'll take nothing away from Spencerville. They will be fired up and they will eat clock on every drive. It'll be a slug fest.
Old 09-28-18, 09:54 AM
All American

knights 27 bearcats 13
Old 09-28-18, 12:43 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
knights 27 bearcats 13
My heart loves the pick. My head says this will be a defining game for Crestview this season. If they lose, then they have been fully exposed as a team leaning on a couple of players. If they win, then the supporting cast has finally bought in. I can't make such a bold prediction, but I will say Crestview 35, Spencerville 27
Old 09-28-18, 01:08 PM
All Region

1jeffcat is on a distinguished road
The NWC is WAAAAY down. Honestly, probably the weakest it has ever been in it's history. The best team is a toss up between Crestview and Spencerville, and that's not saying much as both of those squads are pretty mediocre themselves compared to the rest of the state. Luckily, Crestview might be able to win a few playoff games in D7, but aside from that, nobody else will do much this year. Jefferson might be the worst team in the conference, coinciding with the general decline of Delphos(both schools) in general, on and off the field. Paulding should beat Jefferson. Bluffton probably will as well, even with as poor of a season as Bluffton is having. Columbus Grove might feel better as they should have a winning season, but I would say it has more to do with how weak the NWC is, more so than how much they have "improved". It was only a few years ago, the conference was competitive with multiple schools, and now it has fallen to Southeastern Ohio levels of strength across the board.
Old 09-28-18, 02:19 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post
Columbus Grove might feel better as they should have a winning season, but I would say it has more to do with how weak the NWC is, more so than how much they have "improved".
I disagree with you here jeffcat. Grove is very much improved and is still very young and improving. They already beat one of the two teams you said we're the best in the league. It wasn't by mistake that it happened either.
Old 09-28-18, 08:24 PM
All American

NWC Scores???
Old 09-28-18, 09:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
I disagree with you here jeffcat. Grove is very much improved and is still very young and improving. They already beat one of the two teams you said we're the best in the league. It wasn't by mistake that it happened either.
You must have missed the entire part where I stated that the entire league is pitifully weak this year. They may be marginally improved compared to last year, but it's easy to appear that way against inferior competition. Likewise, we saw how they faired against 2 decent teams in the beginning of the season....and it wasn't pretty. They got throttled by a Leipsic team that struggled mightily with a 1-4 Van Buren team. Make no mistake about it. The NWC is just flat out bad this year.
Old 09-28-18, 09:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
NWC Scores???
I'm not sure how, but Crestview won in the final 10 seconds against Spencerville.

Crestview 50
Spencerville 49

Sounds like it was a crazy game
Old 09-28-18, 09:44 PM
Freshman

Quote:
You must have missed the entire part where I stated that the entire league is pitifully weak this year. They may be marginally improved compared to last year, but it's easy to appear that way against inferior competition. Likewise, we saw how they faired against 2 decent teams in the beginning of the season....and it wasn't pretty. They got throttled by a Leipsic team that struggled mightily with a 1-4 Van Buren team. Make no mistake about it. The NWC is just flat out bad this year.
You realize Grove was minus 3 starters for Pandora and a 4th for Leipsic?

That made a huge difference.
Old 09-28-18, 10:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
You realize Grove was minus 3 starters for Pandora and a 4th for Leipsic?

That made a huge difference.
I did not realize that, but I doubt that it makes up for a 30 point loss.
Old 09-28-18, 10:24 PM
Freshman

No it doesn't. But Leipsic lost their best offensive weapon in the Van Buren game with a broken ankle.
Old 09-30-18, 09:26 AM
All American

Cool

Quote:
i'm not sure how, but crestview won in the final 10 seconds against spencerville.

Crestview 50
spencerville 49

sounds like it was a crazy game
dang!!!
Old 10-01-18, 07:21 AM
All District

Kline to Painter on a crossing route in the back of the end zone. Maybe the greatest game in the state all weekend. Crestview was down early. Scored 36 straight. Had a few injuries. Left Spencerville back into the game in the 4th. And with a little over a minute, the Knights marched the field. With four seconds left and one last play, Spencerville sold out on Sheets and left Painter one on one. What an epic game to watch. This week's Spencerville and Grove game will decide the fate of the Knights and of Spencerville in the NWC standings.
Old 10-01-18, 07:27 AM
All District

Quote:
Crestview is still trying to decide if they are going to be as good or better than last year or if they will be content with another 10-11 win season. I do, however, agree that the league is down across the board. Much of this comes from perennial good teams such as Jefferson being maybe the worst team in the league and Ada being a shell of itself. However, I did watch Grove and they have young talent. I expect them to be atop the league for a few years. I also like Spencerville to continue to be tough with their coach for years to come. And Crestview hasn't missed the playoffs in 7 years under Owens. Bluffton is very young but will get better. I think overall, the league is rebuilding outside of a couple of teams and while the level of competition is down, the future still looks good around the league.
Old 10-02-18, 12:11 PM
All American

pirates over jeffcats 24-13
Old 10-03-18, 10:09 AM
All District

I can get behind that score. Pirates win by two plus scores.

I also predict a Spencerville win over Columbus Grove, a Crestview win over Ada, and Allen East over Paulding.

Allen East's QB is quietly putting up a really big year and no one in the NWC is talking about them.
Old 10-03-18, 05:07 PM
All Ohio

adog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknights View Post

I also predict a Spencerville win over Columbus Grove, a Crestview win over Ada, and Allen East over Paulding.

Allen East's QB is quietly putting up a really big year and no one in the NWC is talking about them.

No brainer here.....And you are right AE is playing some good ball this year and the QB is pretty decent
Old 10-04-18, 01:06 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknights View Post

Allen East-Paulding will be closer than most people think. I really think that Paulding has turned a corner. They play disciplined ball and are not making bad plays like their teams in the past few years.

I also think that Grove and Spencerville is a toss up. I actually think that Spencerville is going to be emotionally drained after last Friday's loss and could be a huge part in Friday's game. I would think that Grove will be hungry and the town excited to be in this situation this late in the year. All those factors equals a toss up IMO.
Old 10-04-18, 02:32 PM
All District

No doubt Paulding has turned a corner. And you could very well be correct about Grove. They could over-achieve this season and continue to grow as a team. The 56-7 drubbing of Ada was an eye opener. They came into the season green and have grown into a very solid team.

While the NWC may be "down" this year, there are some good upcoming talent and some good coaches growing teams in the NWC.
Old 10-05-18, 07:24 PM
All American

cheers to that what is the most teams the nwc put in the playoffs in one year and what year was it
Old 10-06-18, 10:44 AM
Freshman

ER8868 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Allen East-Paulding will be closer than most people think. I really think that Paulding has turned a corner. They play disciplined ball and are not making bad plays like their teams in the past few years.

I also think that Grove and Spencerville is a toss up. I actually think that Spencerville is going to be emotionally drained after last Friday's loss and could be a huge part in Friday's game. I would think that Grove will be hungry and the town excited to be in this situation this late in the year. All those factors equals a toss up IMO.

This game was not close, I believe running clock most of second half.
Old 10-06-18, 11:58 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER8868 View Post
This game was not close, I believe running clock most of second half.
Ok. Soooooo....I was wrong but it looks like I hit the nail on the head in the Grove-Spencerville game.

I watched that game on 44.1 last night. What a great game. Both teams played really hard and played physical. Grove was a couple of plays from losing this game in a big way but kept digging and getting key stops in the red zone. If I remember right there were 2 stops inside the 20 by Grove's defense. Both of these teams are pretty good regardless of what the rest of the league looks like.
Old 10-06-18, 11:59 AM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Heard from several sources that a few weeks ago Ada was down to less than twenty healthy players due to injury. How are their numbers?