Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-27-18, 02:34 PM
All Region

Union County Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wls_color View Post
I was wondering - I didn't expect them to get smashed like that.

Why was it the back-up?
Fairbanks starter Jacob Nicol was injured and was a game-time decision but didnít play at all. I have no clue if he will play against Indian Lake this Friday.
Old 08-27-18, 03:12 PM
All Region

Jet19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I remember discussing on here how the OHC screwed themselves with the 3 crossover games - it certainly did WLS last year. Interesting you make that note, I was lookin at Fantastic50.net...

- WLS is projected out again at 8-2 and the 5 seed at 9-1
- Greeneview is projected out at 8-2 and the 8 seed at 9-1
- Triad has a less than 50% shot of making the playoffs at 7-3 and at 8-2 in D7 would likely be playing on the road as the 5 seed

The only way to go 8-2 and make the playoffs is by scheduling larger schools that win more than they lose. Burg got that in KR, WJ got that in Philo. Then again, if you lose those games - it doesn't help at all.

3 OOC games would have been ideal.
I understand what you mean by scheduling too much and missing. But I'd rather do that than plow teams and miss out on the post season at 8-2 or 9-1. Kinda leaves the same taste in your mouth as seeing an NFL team go 10-6 and miss the playoffs. Northeastern used to open up with Ready and St. Henry when I was younger. Made teams that could have been 7-3 or 8-2 have no chance at the playoffs. We also had London week 3. I want to say there was a season in the 90s we started 0-3 against those teams and went 7-0 in the CBC?? All that said I still think a third OOL game needs to get some serious consideration. I could be eating these words in a few years if the OHC south improves as I think it will, but I would like to see teams schedule a week 3 OOC game. On the same token it's better for the rebuilding south teams to play an easier opponent week 3 instead of a Burg, WLS, or WJ. Those games are not confidence boosters for those south teams right now. Which I think hurts the conference as a whole.
Old 08-27-18, 04:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Tigers Best is on a distinguished road
To answer your question down the road I think they have the potential and maybe already there.That was a very athletic team dominated by a senior class. This is a very talented and athletic JUNIOR class.
Old 08-27-18, 08:01 PM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
I completely agree there should be 3 OOC games. No reason whatsoever WLS should not have been in the playoffs last year.
Old 08-27-18, 09:54 PM
All Region

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
The OHC should have gone with two permanent crossover games.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I dunno about that. If a team in the south got stuck with WJ and Burg for the foreseeable future it'd be a tall mountain to climb.
Old 08-28-18, 08:57 AM
Varsity

oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Jet19... AKA Al Bundy/Uncle Rico... You speak of the OHC South as if it is really going to rebuild... Some of these programs are what they are! There was a reason Coach DeWitt left CC... It is not cause they are rebuilding, it is cause he had rode the peaks and valleys of being at a private school and the future did not look bright as it had from 2000- 2012... I mean for the last five or six years the questions has been will CC have enough to play. These teams can be competitive for a qtr or two but... like a wise coach once said during the duration of a game fast guys get slower BUT big guys don't get smaller.Lack of ability and talent also hurt the teams with lower number. Cedarville will play hard and they are well coached but they are not going to be like the teams in the early years of the OHC they just do not have the numbers. NE has not seen success since 03, enrollment in NE and SV is way down in that area and I am really surprised that combination of KR and NE has not become a reality. Greenon has not been good since 05-07 when they were dominating the worst CBC side ever.Do not get me wrong I would love to see that type of competition back in what could be a great Ohio Small School League. Some of these areas like NE, are not growing there is no subdivisions to boost enrollment, which like it or not is a definite contributing factors to some of these once decent programs really falling off to the way side. I think it should be one cross-over game that is a rivalry game and two non-league games. Changing to a 1 cross over game format will allow all OHC teams to go after computer points in weeks two and three.

Last edited by oleballcoach45; 08-28-18 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-28-18, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I don't really see the OHC South getting much better than it currently is. I think that Greenon will be better for a few years due to having some solid younger classes at the high school level, but I don't know if it will last more than a few years. Catholic Central, Southeastern and Cedarville will always have issues due to low enrollment and numbers. Madison-Plains has historically been poor at football, and their enrollment has been shrinking and will only continue to get smaller.

This division will likely just about always be Greeneview and then everyone else IMO, although I do think that a solid coach would have Greenon consistently finishing 2nd behind them.

Old 08-28-18, 10:41 AM
All Region

It wasn't so long ago that Greeneview was the worst team in the OHC for years. I don't think they had a winning season in the 2000s?? They were good in the late 90s when they had Justin Windsor but there was a lot of futility most of the 2000s. Numbers don't always matter. Quality of the players in any given class means a lot. CC never had numbers, but I remember them dominating with Brian Wagner. Southeastern has the keebler elf coaching defense so they'll get scored on a bunch. Lol. I think coach Printz will get them back on the right track. Greenon has never really been great at football. I remember Indian valley being great at the JH level and then not having those players come out for football in HS. So I understand what you are saying by low enrollment, but I think another big factor is getting kids already there to come out for football. I know NE had about 5 kids who played all through school and JH and reserves that would have been starters and they just didn't stick with it for one reason or another. NE has been good at the pop Warner level, but I have a feeling the same things will happen with kids not coming out in HS when they get sick of the NE politics. Plus pay to play is the dumbest thing ever. Kick the poor kids off the team!! Sounds like a great way to build a program. But everyone other than the people who benefit from the friends family and money politics at NE knows what I'm speaking of. Would Al Bundy have scored the winning touchdown in the 66 city championships if he had pay to play?? Probably not!! They'd have been chanting Spare Tire Wilson's name instead of Bundy!!
Old 08-28-18, 10:46 AM
All Region

I think NE and KR should have ended their marriage instead of buying new houses together. Definitely don't want to see them combined. Mullets combined with bad spray tans oh my my. Lol. Duck Dynasty wannabes meet bad actors from MTVs real world.
Old 08-28-18, 10:51 AM
Junior Varsity

Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Jet19....now that's funny!!!
Old 08-28-18, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
I think NE and KR should have ended their marriage instead of buying new houses together. Definitely don't want to see them combined. Mullets combined with bad spray tans oh my my. Lol. Duck Dynasty wannabes meet bad actors from MTVs real world.
This might be the best post that I've ever read on here lol.

We'll see. I have a sneaky suspicion that NE may try to pull a Springfield and force consolidation AFTER passing their bond issue.

Old 08-29-18, 06:39 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is AWESOME!!
Funny because it's ......... Well funny!
Old 08-29-18, 07:20 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down The Road View Post
That is AWESOME!!
Funny because it's ......... Well funny!
Think you spelled "true" incorrectly?? Lol
Old 08-29-18, 08:34 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
Fantastic50.net predictions for week 2:

NORTH:
Indian Lake over Fairbanks by 13
Mechanicsburg over Riverside by 31
Northwestern over Northeastern by 18
Triad over Ridgemont by 21
West Jefferson over Ready by 15
West Liberty-Salem over Ben Logan by 15

SOUTH:
Reigning Sports Academy (0-1) at Catholic Central (0-1) - NO PROJECTION
East Clinton over Cedarville by 17
Greeneview over Waynesville by 10
Greenon over New Miami by 10
London over Madison Plains by 25
Graham over Southeastern by 7
Old 08-29-18, 08:38 AM
Varsity

Quote:
NE side would not be able to stand alone if they were to split not enough tax revenue and to my knowledge it has been the NE side that would not pass the levy each and every time it has been up. The state of Ohio will not allow them to become new school districts.
Old 08-29-18, 08:40 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Think you spelled "true" incorrectly?? Lol
I'm not a great speller!!!
Old 08-29-18, 08:44 AM
Varsity

Score Predictions:
NORTH:
Indian Lake over Fairbanks 35-13
Mechanicsburg over Riverside 42-14
Northwestern over Northeastern 48-13
Triad over Ridgemont 28-6
West Jefferson over Ready 28-22
West Liberty-Salem over Ben Logan 35-28

SOUTH:
Reigning Sports Academy (0-1) at Catholic Central (0-1) - 7-28
East Clinton over Cedarville 28-13
Greeneview over Waynesville 28-21
Greenon over New Miami 35-20
London over Madison Plains 42-14
Southeastern over Graham 35-21
Old 08-29-18, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
Score Predictions:
NORTH:
Indian Lake over Fairbanks 35-13
Mechanicsburg over Riverside 42-14
Northwestern over Northeastern 48-13
Triad over Ridgemont 28-6
West Jefferson over Ready 28-22
West Liberty-Salem over Ben Logan 35-28

SOUTH:
Reigning Sports Academy (0-1) at Catholic Central (0-1) - 7-28
East Clinton over Cedarville 28-13
Greeneview over Waynesville 28-21
Greenon over New Miami 35-20
London over Madison Plains 42-14
Southeastern over Graham 35-21
I know you like riding my jockstrap and like to make every post personal but you copied my picks too??? Wuddah loser. Lol
Old 08-29-18, 12:19 PM
All Region

Are you both Northeastern posters? lol
Old 08-29-18, 12:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Are you both Northeastern posters? lol
lol no way!
Old 08-29-18, 01:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
lol no way!
No I talk about old ball games and my opinion on the program. I love football. Call me whatever Hollywood name you feel fits but I love the game of football. This guy just makes personal attacks and never really makes a contribution to talking about football. I disagreed with Wasserman a lot when I played but this guy attacks him personally and myself. And many others. Wasserman is a great man off the field. Better than I'll ever dream of being. His daughter is a great friend of mine and he raised his disabled son while coaching and having multiple surgeries. This guy was saying Wass was the varsity blue's coach or whatever and I disagreed. Wass was great, he had trash assistants save a few. I know I'm not always PC but at least I keep it to football and don't make every little word some petty personal attack. Guy reminds me of my ex wife. Lol
Old 08-29-18, 01:15 PM
All Region

Think he's a Ridge rat or one of Wasserman's old assistants butt buddies!! You saw he or she posting about how they know everything about KR and NE not being able to split. Probably a person that cares more about the paycheck they collect from the tax payers there more than anything else!! Think a little.
Old 08-29-18, 02:14 PM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
NE and KR will never split, not unless a ton a new families move in. Not enough tax base for that to happen. Do some research Jet. Combining the two high schools would make more sense. More kids on all teams, more resources for the school (both academically and athletically). Neither school is a powerhouse in anything. Imagine having a freshman, JV, and Varsity squad in most sports. The ability to properly develop players would do great things for a program. If you can’t play with “spray tan” kids...maybe people like you are the problem. Also, be careful who you place on those pedestals.
Old 08-29-18, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

I agree, there's no way there will ever be a split. It's been a while since there has been any significant housing development around Northridge, and KR's part of the district has peaked and started to taper off in enrollment. Maybe they see a little bump after they open their new schools by siffoning off from Springfield. NE will never see any bump of significance IMO. They'll be fortunate if they can just tread water with their enrollment.

There's too many aging people in Northeastern's district, especially NE's part, to make financially supporting two districts viable. All things considered it would make sense to consolidate to save money on facilities and personnel while maximizing opportunity for students. At 260-270 kids total per grade across the district, it's stupid to continue with two schools given how many levy problems they've had IMO.

Old 08-30-18, 12:02 AM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
The NE people are not the only one’s opposed to merger There is a strong KR group that doesn’t want their kids going to school with those red neck hillbilly. Also like or not some people don’t like Kr having black kids in school with their sons and daughters.
Old 08-30-18, 06:09 AM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoprat2 View Post
The NE people are not the only oneís opposed to merger There is a strong KR group that doesnít want their kids going to school with those red neck hillbilly. Also like or not some people donít like Kr having black kids in school with their sons and daughters.
Wow! You are kidding right? Hello....1960's calling! Maybe this internet fad will go away too. Good luck functioning in society to those kids. Honestly people, If you feel that way, do us all a favor and keep your sons and daughters at home. Good lord!

Back to 2018 and Football.

NW or NE by whatever score NW wants to put up. NE will be 0-10 (1-9) if they get lucky. The new coach kept Houseman's assistants from last year, minus the super motivating bald guy. Even saw Wasserman dancing on the sideline. Surprised he's not strapping up his old leather helmet to show the boys how it's done!
Old 08-30-18, 06:39 AM
All Region

This thread has taken an unreal turn...

Let's focus on football guys.

Radio broadcasts for OHC games tomorrow night:

- Ben Logan at WLS is on 98.3 FM and peakofohio.com
- Riverside at Mechanicsburg is on 106.9 FM, peakofohio.com and champaignsportsauthority.com
Old 08-30-18, 07:29 AM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
I have a feeling that Greenon will surprise a lot of teams and they just might contend for the South title. The coach has them playing well. They was up on Shawnee at half. This tells me a lot right there. Good luck Knights! I'm pulling for you.

As for the talk about KR and NE. In 1975/76 I believe KR open their doors. Now remember IH was Springfield's bread and butter and the plant on Rt. 68 and those tax dollars from IH was going to NE.

I also heard a story then (75/76) that a girl who lived in Northridge wanted to go to NE her senior since she went there her first three years. Do you know that she was bullied and ridiculed by those that went to KR. Wow.

Jet's statement about spray tans, etc made me laugh, because it is very true.

KR and NE do not like each other. NE are good ole farm boys that get along with everyone while KR think they are the better than anyone and are snobby.

Now that is not true in all cases, but it's pretty close.
Old 08-30-18, 09:40 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-plane_da-plane View Post
Wow! You are kidding right? Hello....1960's calling! Maybe this internet fad will go away too. Good luck functioning in society to those kids. Honestly people, If you feel that way, do us all a favor and keep your sons and daughters at home. Good lord!

Back to 2018 and Football.

NW or NE by whatever score NW wants to put up. NE will be 0-10 (1-9) if they get lucky. The new coach kept Houseman's assistants from last year, minus the super motivating bald guy. Even saw Wasserman dancing on the sideline. Surprised he's not strapping up his old leather helmet to show the boys how it's done!
I can see NE hanging tough for a half but NW is big upfront which may give the Jets fits and wear them out, ultimately NW is going to win big.
WLS should do fine against BL I have heard the front 7 of the Tigers is their strength and the secondary is a bit suspect.
If Burg's D and running game is playing like they did last week Riverside wont be in the ball very long at all.
It would be nice to see Greenon and SE get wins. But it would be great to see C-Ville get a big and much needed win! The Indians play so hard, tough kids and very well coached.
I believe that Plains just wont have enough against London, but you never know London doesn't always play up to their potential!
WJ may have a battle on their hands.
I have not heard much a about what Lake has but I thought Fairbanks was suppose to be solid this year.
Old 08-30-18, 11:54 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
Indian Lake over Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg over Riverside
Northwestern over Northeastern
Triad over Ridgemont
West Jefferson over Ready
West Liberty-Salem over Ben Logan

SOUTH:
Reigning Sports Academy (0-1) at Catholic Central (0-1) -
Cedarville over East Clinton (You heard it here first)
Greeneview over Waynesville
Greenon over New Miami
London over Madison Plains
Southeastern over Graham (Not sure what Graham has, but SE gets the nod.......but not by much) wouldn't be surprised if Graham wins. This game is at Urbana University for those interested in going.