Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-18-18, 10:38 PM
Freshman

Who is on a distinguished road
St X

No comment, just wanted to share... Copy and Posted from another forum..

My nephew is a senior at St Xavier High School here in Cincinnati, OH. His Senior year he decided to play football. It started as a Junior. He woke up at 4:30 in the morning all spring and summer for lifting, team meetings, Spring Practices, 7 on 7's. He didn't miss one! He hasn't missed anything all year. He hasn't played a single snap all year. Day in and day out he went out there. He hasn't played a single snap all year. He never complained once. All he wanted to do was to be a part of the St. Xavier Football Team. He was a St. Xavier Football player! I'm so proud of him and all he has accomplished in his time at St. Xavier. He is a fantastic young man. He does well in school. He doesn't drink, smoke, or use drugs of any kind. He is genuine and has a huge heart. Never causes any problems. I hope my children will be as awesome as he is!

My heart is broken for him tonight! On Tuesday, St Xavier's Head Football Coach, Steve Specht, dismissed him from the team. He was dismissed because he missed a film session to get his Senior pictures taken. He told Steve Specht on Monday that he would not be there and was dismissed on Tuesday. Week eight of the season. Two games left. Senior night approaching. He wanted nothing more than to walk out on the field with his parents as a St. Xavier Football player. Steve Specht and St. Xavier High School stole this dream from a 17 year old kid.

He begged and pleaded, said he'd do anything to stay on the team. All Steve Specht could say to him was, "You can still be a manager, and get water and tape for your teammates." He is not allowed to dress in his uniform. He can't even wear his jersey. When asked if he would dismiss his All State Left Tackle. The answer was clearly NO! An he didn't even say a word.

I ask this if you St. Xavier and Steve Specht, as your motto states "Men for Others" Where are you at? What are you thinking? You won't even look after your own! He is a great kid and thinks so very highly of your institution. You failed him. You failed him for missing a film session to get his Senior Pictures taken on a day the student body was off.

Shame on you!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-18, 10:48 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
No comment, just wanted to share... Copy and Posted from another forum..

My nephew is a senior at St Xavier High School here in Cincinnati, OH. His Senior year he decided to play football. It started as a Junior. He woke up at 4:30 in the morning all spring and summer for lifting, team meetings, Spring Practices, 7 on 7's. He didn't miss one! He hasn't missed anything all year. He hasn't played a single snap all year. Day in and day out he went out there. He hasn't played a single snap all year. He never complained once. All he wanted to do was to be a part of the St. Xavier Football Team. He was a St. Xavier Football player! I'm so proud of him and all he has accomplished in his time at St. Xavier. He is a fantastic young man. He does well in school. He doesn't drink, smoke, or use drugs of any kind. He is genuine and has a huge heart. Never causes any problems. I hope my children will be as awesome as he is!

My heart is broken for him tonight! On Tuesday, St Xavier's Head Football Coach, Steve Specht, dismissed him from the team. He was dismissed because he missed a film session to get his Senior pictures taken. He told Steve Specht on Monday that he would not be there and was dismissed on Tuesday. Week eight of the season. Two games left. Senior night approaching. He wanted nothing more than to walk out on the field with his parents as a St. Xavier Football player. Steve Specht and St. Xavier High School stole this dream from a 17 year old kid.

He begged and pleaded, said he'd do anything to stay on the team. All Steve Specht could say to him was, "You can still be a manager, and get water and tape for your teammates." He is not allowed to dress in his uniform. He can't even wear his jersey. When asked if he would dismiss his All State Left Tackle. The answer was clearly NO! An he didn't even say a word.

I ask this if you St. Xavier and Steve Specht, as your motto states "Men for Others" Where are you at? What are you thinking? You won't even look after your own! He is a great kid and thinks so very highly of your institution. You failed him. You failed him for missing a film session to get his Senior Pictures taken on a day the student body was off.

Shame on you!
Why did you feel the need to share this, unless you are the parent? What did you hope to accomplish? Very cheap shot, which should be closed.
Old 10-18-18, 10:49 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
And how much is the tuition?
Old 10-18-18, 11:05 PM
Freshman

Who is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Why did you feel the need to share this, unless you are the parent? What did you hope to accomplish? Very cheap shot, which should be closed.
Close it then. I have no dog in the fight.
Old 10-18-18, 11:24 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If this happened to “your” son, how would you feel?

The whole situation is deplorable.

There is such a thing as karma.
It will definitely come back.

Sad!
Old 10-18-18, 11:32 PM
All World

JBaller is on a distinguished road
I feel like there is more to the story here. Coach Specht probably doesn't care all that much about a player on the end of the bench, but he also wouldn't go out of his way to be a jerk to him either. Is it possible that this was the first instance of the kid missing a practice and/or film session? Maybe the kid frequently screwed around in practice?

If this truly is exactly as the story has described, then, yes, it is a deplorable action on Specht's part. Again, I feel like there is more to the story.
Old 10-18-18, 11:42 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
I feel like there is more to the story here. Coach Specht probably doesn't care all that much about a player on the end of the bench, but he also wouldn't go out of his way to be a jerk to him either. Is it possible that this was the first instance of the kid missing a practice and/or film session? Maybe the kid frequently screwed around in practice?

If this truly is exactly as the story has described, then, yes, it is a deplorable action on Specht's part. Again, I feel like there is more to the story.
It's really nobody's business, except the player, his family, and the coach.
Old 10-19-18, 02:31 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Hm. That’s not very Christian of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-18, 05:17 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, probably a bit more to the story. Doesn't make sense. If I'm wrong them wow.
Old 10-19-18, 05:46 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Either a fake story to smear X and the coach

OR

selective facts where maybe a player got dismissed but not exactly for that.

It’s hard to picture that story as completely factual.
The fact it’s posted on Yappi like this makes me smell a rat.
But hey, all you have to do is accuse people of something bad these days and that is good enough for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-18, 05:53 AM
All World

reporter07
I’m with JB, Irwin and OTH. Has to be more to this.
Old 10-19-18, 06:19 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by reporter07 View Post
I’m with JB, Irwin and OTH. Has to be more to this.
or nothing at all.
Old 10-19-18, 06:26 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Breaking news:
Pictures show Steve Specht naked in bed with 3 hot nurses..... shortly after his birth.
Old 10-19-18, 06:58 AM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
And how much is the tuition?
??? Makes zero sense
Old 10-19-18, 07:13 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
or nothing at all.
Maybe.
Old 10-19-18, 07:17 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's really nobody's business, except the player, his family, and the coach.
Probably more to story for sure. This Teenagers Aunt or Uncle who posted this on another Internet forum made it everyone’s business. Once you post on internet or go to media all bets are off for privacy or nobody’s business. The relative for this kid is scum for bringing another player on the team into this matter for seemingly no reason at all!
Old 10-19-18, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
??? Makes zero sense
How much is tuition at St. Xavier High School? Simple question with a dollar amount for an answer.
Old 10-19-18, 07:26 AM
All American

Quote:
How much is tuition at St. Xavier High School? Simple question with a dollar amount for an answer.
Not positive but think about 15.5. This does not include Senior Pictures
Old 10-19-18, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

$14, 425. I looked it up. Young man could had just attended Mariemont and probably had a more enjoyable football and high school experience. Maybe even got some playing time. IJS
Old 10-19-18, 07:32 AM
All American

Quote:
$14, 425. I looked it up.
Do they have pay to play also?
Old 10-19-18, 07:48 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
So he's from Mariemont? Lots of other bad options like CPS, Finneytown, WW? Its a families choice where they send their kid (maybe 15K doesn't make them blink an eye). If they were looking for a quality Catholic education there are GCL Coed schools where he might have played. From what I've heard lots of X kids join the football team so they can say thy played HS football at X with the knowledge they may never see the field.
Old 10-19-18, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Loving gushing aunts are widely known for their complete and objective perspectives.
Old 10-19-18, 07:59 AM
All World

Quote:
$14, 425. I looked it up. Young man could had just attended Mariemont and probably had a more enjoyable football and high school experience. Maybe even got some playing time. IJS
Ok.
Old 10-19-18, 07:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Simply not relevant to the discussion
Old 10-19-18, 08:18 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
If true....
just remember these actions when they ask for donations down the road.

:>---

EGA
Old 10-19-18, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Guess how much it costs to educate a child in Ohio public schools?
Old 10-19-18, 08:22 AM
Junior Varsity

bomberinmonroe is an unknown quantity at this point
Though I do not think tuition is relevant to the discussion, it does bear mentioning that St. X does offer an extensive amount of financial aid to kids in need, as well as work-study programs.

This week is also the first week following mid-term exams, and there are academic standards that must be met in order to continue in extra-curricular activities. I have a feeling that there is much more to the story than the side we are hearing.
Old 10-19-18, 08:34 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
He would have never had that problem at Purcell, Bacon or Mcknick. It is easy to get lost in the shuffle when you have 300 plus kids playing football.
Old 10-19-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Guess how much it costs to educate a child in Ohio public schools?
Exactly. And some people pay it and tuition.
Old 10-19-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
So he's from Mariemont? Lots of other bad options like CPS, Finneytown, WW? Its a families choice where they send their kid (maybe 15K doesn't make them blink an eye). If they were looking for a quality Catholic education there are GCL Coed schools where he might have played. From what I've heard lots of X kids join the football team so they can say thy played HS football at X with the knowledge they may never see the field.
Mariemont is a great school. My point is I would rather send my child there, instead of paying 15k for that particular St. X experience.