Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 10:11 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I UNDERSTAND that in football when you don't get a first down there is a defense on the other side .

My point was an is that your depiction of a blowout isn't at all accurate, that's all . average TD drive was 39 yards long , the FG 'Drive" was a result of a fumbled snap that was recovered at the Rocks 42.

YARDAGE ? Coffman, First downs ? Coffman , - number of plays ? Coffman , Time of possession ? Davidson by a minute and a half .

Scoreboard ? Davidson, congrats , again I praised your team, it is never enough for you and others in the past who used to post here, when the game has bene lopsided I have wrote that it was, this one was 24-7 but hardly a dominate physical beatdown that you say it was , Sorry man it just wasn't . I saw the game up close you didn't , and I saw the repeat on You tube. Good win , well deserved , better team on this night is what you got from me and I know it isn't enough but that's it .

I knw you seem to want to have people think you and your team are all that and post about it over and over again,. that you kept the ball night , ran for 350 dominated the line of scrimmage all night and kicked Coffman's azz, but that is not what happened, you didn't have Keys out there, Coffman had three difference maker athletes not out there{ 2 D-1'S } .

I Posted accurately , you just want more credit and for me to describe the game as domination, , IT WASN'T so that's not what I wrote and that's not the reality was dude, I know you want to se it that way . Drives weren't long on average but you finished them , Coffman only scored 7 points on 204 yards offense, They didn't finish , they deserved to lose .

Last TD was garbage time . Congrats on the long drive where you started on the 36 , that was impressive. is that enough of an ego boost to last you until rou9nd one of the play-offs ? Good grief man. I would say see ya next year , but I know that's not happening because you aren't winning , no chance no how with what you have coming back or don't have coming back .

So enjoy it and hope you don't get Pick North in round one, that isn't your best match-up . No need to come back here, I hate front runners who don't show when their team loses, that's YOU , if somehow Coffman has about 10 guys out next year and you win ? I guess I will see you .
Old 10-16-18, 12:00 AM
Freshman

614BUCKNUT is on a distinguished road
I just have 2 things to say about this game. Coach Crabtree has to be the idiotic Coach in america for 2 reasons...

1. Why and the heck would he go for it on 4th & 1 from his own 29yd line on the first drive of the game? To me that put his team behind the 8 ball from the start! There's no explanation for that and he needs to be apologizing ti his team instead of throwing them under the bus in the dispatch by saying that Davidson was the better team. Me and several others totally disagree with him!

2. He by far has the most dynamic player in central Ohio and maybe the state (Mike Drennen II) and all he did with him was pound him up the 1 and 2 hole all night! UNBELIEVABLE!!! There's no way when u have a player of his caliber that you continuously run him like that. He should've went to Davidson if he he wanted to get pounded up the middle all game lol! I still can't believe that he rushed for 99yds in that game because I sure didn't see it. Watching it made me sick to my stomach. When u come across a talent like this you have to be more creative with him to get him in space. Jet sweeps, toss sweeps, counters, screens from the slot position, put him wildcat, etc.... Coach Crabtree has no idea how to him and it's a shame that as long as he's at Coffman he'll be robbed of showing his full talents on the field. I was just on 24/7 and he's ranked as the #3 all purpose back in the nation!!!!! Kid is only a junior and has 14 D1 offers from power 5 schools such as Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, West Virginia, etc... A kid with that type of skill set only comes around once in a blue moon and when u get one u have to be creative with him. When he's gone Coach Crabtree is going to really regret not using him the right way because he's short changing the team IMO!
Old 10-16-18, 01:31 AM
Varsity

DavidsonWC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 614BUCKNUT View Post
Why and the heck would he go for it on 4th & 1 from his own 29yd line on the first drive of the game? To me that put his team behind the 8 ball from the start! There's no explanation for that
In the Dispatch Article, Crabtree had a perfectly logical explanation...at least by his loose standards...

He said:
"We wanted to seize the momentum early and not hand the ball over to them and give them the opportunity to get ahead of us.”

LOGICAL??????????????
Old 10-16-18, 03:40 AM
All World

Yes I also said that was as bad a decision with no logic that I have seen in quite a while . So on that note that's the end of the game conversation for me .
Old 10-16-18, 04:07 AM
All World

Bucknut , the reason he is using him this way is obvious . Diallo got hurt vs Jerome and Drennan has had to be the main RB. I don't; know if the kid who is the next man up after that Craig Smith was hurt or not, He's a Sr. and has played well when he has gotten some carries, big kid who runs hard. So I was surprised he didn't use Smith for at least 4-5 carries between the tackles . So seeing as they have used Smith the last month since Diallo injury may be he was hurt too? They used Cam Kirk for a few snaps there for the first time all year after Donut needed to come out for a breather so I am going to surmise that Smith was unavailable

He has spelled Drennan and allowed Mike to go to the slot a bit. Most of the posters seem to have echoed many of my initial thoughts on the game including the coaching decisions . He has used Drennan pretty well I don't agree that he hasn't been showcased . This is the first year he has run from the RB position almost exclusively and it is only because the team does need him there and it is a team game . He has shown toughness and ability running between the tackles which college coaches have liked seeing and shows his versatility , another plus.

I do agree that not running any slip screens , throwback action where you have an option if covered that Davidson is familiar with of course but gives them something to think about . No jet sweeps , little use use of motion and shifts to give different looks was a problem. along with taking no shots downfield from a pre-snap decision standpoint if for nothing else to stretch thigs out a bit . You also have to remember it was wet and that presented some problems to their use of the QB'S ballhandling on those motions and in tight fakes'. Fumble that turned the momentum around was simple a dropped snap. I realize that Davidson wants credit for that I am sure so I will give it to them . Coffman was afraid of them so they quaked and stammered and well just dropped it so they wouldn't get hit because of the terrible physical beating they inflicted .

There is that enough LMAO . I agree that the offensive scheme on this night was disappointing , passing game never had any rhythm and they still made 50 percent of their third down plays a higher percentage than Davidson did. And to not be wanting to make sure to take care of possible field position issues from the start was head shaking. AGAIN as I posted I saw they were going for it, thought may be some gamesmanship trying to get them to jump , then said to myself " THEY BETTER MAKE THIS !!.

They didn't , and it was 29 yards in a few minutes down early AGAIN . The three times Davidson got the ball ion a change of possession inside their 30 they scored ZERO points on those three possessions . I said pre-game IF the turnovers and field position were fairly equal Coffman could win and I predicted that .

Didn't come close to happening . dreary night all the way around for Coffman and Rock fans. Rain kept the crowd down a bit which was unfortunate, but a lot of alumni and faithful sowed up and walked away disappointed . Kids played hard , they didn't have a bad first half like I have on occasion this season and they could have had the lead and only gave up points when they turned it over to Davidson on the 29 after making a poor decision .

So I don't agree that Mike has been used poorly , and he did have a few big chunk gains if you watch the tape . Get some guys back and be ready to play UA because they are playing tough against the run , Rocks can do some things in the passing game and need to get better in the next couple weeks
Old 10-16-18, 08:50 AM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
Harry, Harry, Harry...sorry but I think people may come on here after a Dublin Coffman loss to rattle your chain more so that to bash the Shamrocks. I have to disagree with your assessments on the post by queencitybuck & DavidsonWC, I thought each gave a pretty fair assessment of the game. Yes, they may have had a slight Hilliard Davidson slant but your assessment(s) - some were pretty fair but one or two were from your Irish Green eye's point of view. It was a good, hard fought game and best team won that Friday night - Period. No need to say anything after that - Let it go. Anything one might say comes across and usually is an excuse - just say congrats to the Wildcats and as Bill Belichick would say - on to the Westland Cougars. Win with class/lose with class. A old coach once told us to say little after a loss and even less after a win. Also, what did you do to Zeeman? If I am correct, Zeeman is a Hamilton Badin follower who had a son graduate from there a couple of years ago. He always seemed to be a reasonable & fair person/poster - what did you do/say to him Harry?

Harry, I do have one thing I disagree with you on and it's about next year's game. You never know about injuries, complacency among returning starters, how your senior leadership will be, transfers in/out, coaching change(s), family issues/concerns/girlfriend problems with the players, heck you are talking about 15-18 year old kids...you just never know what you might have to overcome in any given year.

Harry, your beloved Dublin Coffman most likely lost out on the league championship last Friday night but they still have a lot to play for: 9-1 record, playoff berth (they are a lock to make it) and they have a great opportunity to be the Regional Champ & reach the State Semi-Finals. Hilliard Davidson has a brutal region, any team 1-8 will be a worthy opponent; it will be one game at a time for the Wildcats.
Old 10-16-18, 09:36 AM
All World

Quite sure that I mentioned it was a well deserved win by the team
That was better and executed better what they do than Coffman did .

And that the obvious key was field position and Davidson did our scheme / coach them

I only said correctly it wasn’t a mismatch or a blowout snap for snap .

As for next year ? Guy can disagree , And of course injuries are a factor like they were on Friday ( Davidson had a key guy out , Coffman had 3 key guys out and another guy who might have helped) so I am basing the prediction on Davidson losing basically their entire offense and Coffman offense which should be significantly better than Davidson’s offense and has more guys back on defense . Of course I’ll know how the game went if I’m
In a coma and wake up and see who posted here and who didn’t .
Old 10-16-18, 10:00 AM
All District

Harry - Based on your description of who would be returning for next season it would appear Dublin will be the favorite. However, don't discount those kids with little or not playing time. Few are 4 or 5 star players, most have to bide their time playing on the JV, they may need to hopefully physically grow & mature, improve upon their skill set or sometimes they just need the opportunity to shine under the Friday night lights. Don't underestimate these kids who maybe couldn't even start as 7th or 8th graders and once given the chance as a first year starter as a Senior - they excel. It's their time, they have seen how those before them took advantage of their opportunity and they wish to do the same. This is the true life line of a successful program - not the 4+ star athletes, the move-in's or transfers. These overlooked kids give it their all and are willing to run thru a brick wall on Friday nights for the TEAM. Will the move-in or transfer do that? How about asking the Steelers O-line if they would want James Conner's or Le'Veon Bell running behind them next week... Conner's is good, Bell is exceptional but I bet to a man they would rather hitch their wagon to Conner.

On to Week 9!
Old 10-16-18, 11:15 AM
All World

Those dynamics work for Coffnan kids too. Experience counts and Coffman will have more of it and more talent which yes doesn’t always win But I think when you combine talent and experience edge? Davidson’s JV players aren’t going to run through Coffmans defense which will return 9 guys who started either full time or rotated in all game at certain positions .

There will be growth with these kids also and they have varsity experience . JV game ended in a tie . Judy my opinion you can disagree as usual.

Why should I post like a coach that’s not what I am? You want coach speak opinions and analysis here? The name of the thread that you read most days is Dublin Coffman , I never claimed I was here to be a totally neutral dispassionate poster. If you want that and one line congrats you kicked our azzz good luck the rest of the way with nothing else? There are many other threads for you here. This also is not a newspaper , opinions that you disagree with are mine .

If you are annoyed stop reading and go find coach speak boring drivel that looks st things no further than the surface. You are here as a critic I get that but I don’t really respect it because you sir claim to be an unbiased observer when you clearly are not . Passive aggressively trolling is what I call it .

I talk about other stuff here as well but you can stop with the “ you should talk like a coach take off the green glasses bullcrap . Not sure why you read other than to disagree . Go find team threads that are dispassionate much more interesting .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-16-18 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-16-18, 11:54 AM
All District

Harry - that was a bit rude & somewhat rambling response. Yes, maybe I enjoy posting/responding to you when I disagree with you from time to time. And yes, Dublin definitely has kids that stick with football thru junior high/JV and shine their senior year - as I said all good programs must have these type of kids in their program. I believe Dublin has had a winning record every year since 2001 - that doesn't happen by accident. By the way, the state & national high school record for consecutive winning seasons is 42 by West Jefferson (1958-1999). You're almost halfway there Harry!!!
Old 10-16-18, 12:42 PM
All World

A little rude for you to infer that some kids won’t play hard if they go to a new school as well . In terms of Friday’s game there was exactly ONE Coffman player that “ moved “ in QB Brown who moved three years ago . He was the only kid not to be at Coffman
At at the least day one Frosh year and the overwhelming majority are more long term program kids . I know every dynamic you speak about , I really see the big picture despite your patronizing tone .

Many other more interesting threads for you to frequent I would think. I’m really suggesting you find the greater insight and coach speak threads guy . Start a West Jeff or Hilliard thread may be ?? The passive aggressive stuff is really annoying the crap out of me. The funny thing is the very people who have a problem with me not analyzing the games a certain way or not giving them enough credit ? Never come on after a loss and never give Coffman any credit for anything .
Old 10-17-18, 04:54 PM
All World

Week 9

Yes it's on to week 9 and I need to be more 'Coach " like in my posting even though that's not what I do here or what I am . I am not a coach so I don't talk like a coach, I don't opine like a coach would after a game, although I point out things as important or factors that coaches surely would think important as well .

So as we hit week 9 , I have to keep my nose to the grindstone , hitting a nice 60+ percent of my games vs. the Louie spread of caviar which would provide me with some tasty morsels of food and drink if he was actually taking my action .

I am taking this one game at a time, trying to stay within myself { Oh crap that's a stupid player's cliché} Or is it ? I have heard coaches say that so i'm good . One week at a time as well just trying to keep my head above water and not make too many mistakes.

I have to be patient , take what they give me and let it rip. I can't be looking ahead to next week and I have to be focused on this week and respect the Louie Line as he is surely as good as it gets in this business.

If I lose and slip under 60 percent after the week is done, I will not offer reasons { Some wrongly say it's excuses} why plays didn't come in and why . I will simply say no matter what quirky things may happen , Louie you were the better man and killed me out there, wore my azzz out all day .

I just want to handicap these games hard and give 110 percent out here in this space . These are my homegrown plays , not some transfer handicappers who simply doesn't want to put in the work I do .

I am just trying to grind and improve each week and just be mentally and physically tougher than Mr. Pasteur.

Ye Olde Tommy W at Dublin Sawmill - LP Line DS -14

YOTW has had a tough year , losing some close ones, getting bit by the injury dragon fly which is stronger than a normal bug. It stripped them of someof their most talented athletes. That Dragon fly can be brutal. A bit healthier now ? A bit I think , they have RB Davis and the QB still trotting out there. They did lose a tough 21-20 decision to Delaware Rutherford B which either tells me that YOTW is healthier and played well { Got eviscerated the three week sin a row previously} or that Delaware isn't really a play-off team even in R-2 which will have more combined losses amongst it's play-off qualifiers than any other region most likely.

I am going to go with a real strong , 'it could be either or " Both could be true , and 'I need to stay within myself ??? Sorry brain cramp working hard to be more 'Coach" like . On to the prediction as Coach Belichick may utter.

Dub S-Mill 32 YOTW 16- Odd numbers how many games end with a team scoring 32 points? How does that work and what are the possibilities? OK a safety to start the scoring after a poor snap on the punt . A TD and XP making it 9 . A short FG. Making it 12 at the half .

TD Pannell , snap goes awry but holder picks it up and just heaves it towards the end zone , YOTW because they were born under a bad sign this season just stands there very weary from the voodoo that has gone on and some Sawmill kid snags it out of the air . 20 . Field goal from the 9th Crosa to kick for DS , the HS football kickers version of the flying Wallenda's . 23 . YOTW fumble and another kick by Crosa that almost rhymes with Groza{ The toe} . 26 . TD by ummm Rogers who runs it in to seal the victory and the back-up kicker comes in to try the XP , he isn't a Crosa but did stay at a Holiday Inn express the night before . That didn't help as he shanks the kick . 32 points .

Small cover with the Irish who then start preparing for their 'Play-off game with Darby in week 10 . Sawmill cover has me staying on Sawmill and back to 101 Beer Kitchen for some crab stuffed mushrooms and an open faced Roast beef sandwich.
Old 10-17-18, 05:36 PM
All World

Week 9 cont.

Hilliard Darby at Rutherford Hayes - LP Line HD - 8

Darby had 300 yards of offense and 7 points vs. downtrodden skidding , flailing, just wanting to be done with it Kilbourne . Now truth be told WK kids aren't quitting . They have had some bad luck a few injuries { Top RB with ACL has hurt them especially} and have just had a season " Not to remember" . Darby may sneak in the play-offs again ? They seem to have some kind of formula going on . No real threat in R-3 , but they could find themselves there barely with an 8-2 record. A three point win vs Olentangy that was a bit fortunate will be one they look back on and say PHEWWW, we get to play in week 11. I don't have much info on Lumpy Rutherford to be honest but I have to think even with solid proven coach Wetzel now at the helm I can't imagine them being as battle tested program wise in this type of quasi play-off game as Darby is .

It's basically a play on the R-3 utility stock , the safe conservative white shirted good boy who is earnest and honest . Connor Jones is a very good back and will go for over 100 yards and eventually over 1000 for the season. LB Nick Wile which is an actors name isn't it ? 'The Day before Dusk " starring Nick Wiiiiillllle . Name is too succinctly perfect . Flows smoothly , not as freely as say star Ampipe High DB Stefan Djordjevic's name but pretty buttery. Speaking of names , how cool is Hayden Vroom's name? Vroom ? I like to guess name origins sometimes . Like What kind of name is Todd Gak ? Dutch? I guess Vroom is may be short for the original Vroominski? so Polish ? Or is he of the Indianapolis Vroom's ? Would anyone be so cruel to name their kid " Mush" Vroom ? Isn't that a better name for a RB? Hayden is a Safety . Makes a lot of tackles .

Anyway it's time to lay it on the line and go for a prediction .

Darby 24 RBH - 10 - Panthers beat the Pacers, I just recently learned their name after all this time ? WTF ? I guess I had them on the same 'pay no mind list" that Spider had Tommy D on causing him to not only get shot in the foot but eventually be made swiss cheese of after a Limping Spider gave Tommy D the business . Goaded into shooting and killing him by Jimmy Conway who was so annoyed by the youngsters untimely death , he made Tommy D dig the 'Hole". { Grave } . Darby will cover this and this is one I would bet with my money and Art Schlichters shillings . When not if I win ,? Lets face it , Hilliard isn't exactly a fine diners paradise, not exactly Grandview UA or Dublin in the pecking order of culinary suburban delights. So bag of Nails is always a nice option where I always share an order of Mushvrooms and I love the blackened Tuna Steak on the off chance I don't get the Fish and Chips .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-17-18 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-17-18, 05:37 PM
Freshman

Rage is on a distinguished road
Harry, do you have any information on the report that UA put Coach Cutler on administrative leave today?
Old 10-17-18, 06:03 PM
Varsity

DavidsonWC is on a distinguished road
Yep, UA coach put on administrative leave for health and wellness issues...

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...strative-leave
Old 10-17-18, 07:02 PM
All World

I don't know more than what has been reported . I think coach Cutler is a good role model overall and a good coach. UA has been snake bitten by some injuries and close losses that have cost them play-off berths a few times .

I think he does a good job and I hope he comes through this and resumes his place as coach .

With no other information as I said, I will just say what I am thinking and what comes to mind . I use discretion of course but what I do in this space is off the cuff stream of consciousness in nature. I use facts and my experience to form opinions. But in general I type what flows from my initial thought.

Not a stretch to think that may be a parent was upset how they thought Coaches handled an injury . Frustration , possibly unmet expectations led to some kind of investigation . I am not dismissing the possibility that there was any wrong doing here or possible negligence , but optimistically for everyone involved I hope it's an outcome that leaves everyone satisfied and Coach Cutler with his job .
Old 10-17-18, 08:05 PM
Freshman

Rage is on a distinguished road
UA has always had a respectable program for all the years I've followed Central Ohio football. It would be a shame if this was brought on by some disgruntled parent. I guess we will have to wait and see what if anything comes from this. Hopefully being without their head coach doesn't hurt their push for the playoffs.
Old 10-18-18, 09:12 AM
Junior Varsity

LSpartans is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
I don't know more than what has been reported . I think coach Cutler is a good role model overall and a good coach. UA has been snake bitten by some injuries and close losses that have cost them play-off berths a few times .

I think he does a good job and I hope he comes through this and resumes his place as coach .

With no other information as I said, I will just say what I am thinking and what comes to mind . I use discretion of course but what I do in this space is off the cuff stream of consciousness in nature. I use facts and my experience to form opinions. But in general I type what flows from my initial thought.

Not a stretch to think that may be a parent was upset how they thought Coaches handled an injury . Frustration , possibly unmet expectations led to some kind of investigation . I am not dismissing the possibility that there was any wrong doing here or possible negligence , but optimistically for everyone involved I hope it's an outcome that leaves everyone satisfied and Coach Cutler with his job .
Was it Injury or playing time? I know what it said in the article...what coach does not push to get a player to play...its called motivation....especially in football...It is the "silver Spoon" problem they have in UA!
he was probably trying to get that QB back off IR for the Dublin Game (I would too!)
Old 10-18-18, 09:31 AM
All World

Week 9 cont.

Coffman at Westland - LP Line DC - 29

Seasons can broken up into sections. In HS football I thin you can break down seasons into three parts. Camp-pre-season and the first say 3 games are the first part . You get your line-up set , you have figured out who goes where and what kind of works for now. First few weeks the Rocks offensively were a two headed monster at RB . 205 Diallo lining up in the backfield about 65- 70 percent of the time with Drennan spelling him or getting into the backfield with him .

Diallo got hurt on his best run as a Rock , as he broke multiple tackles running through would be Jerome tacklers for about a 25-30 yard gain early in the 4th quarter . Unfortunately he was taken down hard at the end of the run as he was exhausted and he has been out since that run breaking a bone near his wrist .

Drennan has shouldered the load well of course but the best version of Coffman was with Diallo who was leading he team in rushing at RB and Drennan free to roam around lining up in various places .

So the second part of the season can be thought of as getting into position to make the play-offs . weeks 4 through 8 say. Coffman has been a second half team all year until this week vs Davidson where they got outplayed in the second half for the first time all year . So they end the second portion of the season 7-1 which if you said that pre-season you would take it .

Now we are in the final phase of the season. Get healthier hopefully get some kids back , keep improving in these last few weeks of practice , beat UA have a great week of practice and be ready to roll week 11 . Rocks have a history of not drawing well at times in the play-offs , and I see they will likely face Olentangy Orange and Superman Harrison in round one.

Thins have to happen for this to occur , but my gut says that will be the match-up and of course Orange is playing really well right now , so no gimmee whatsoever. Pure speculation of course.

Some good things did happen on Friday . The team didn't have a bad first half which has happened a few times this year . They didn't come out flat and they competed well . Coaching staff let them down big time even if they give really weak explanations for the ridiculous decision. You take the ball if you win the toss { Davidson deferred} as I said when playing Davidson if you want to have a better chance of not having Davidson take 8 + minutes off of the clock and score before you get the ball. What it doesn't mean is to be foolhardy and go for it a minute and a half in on your own 29 on 4th down .

You may go for a 4th down at some point and take a chance if you need to TAKE THE MOMENTUM AWAY FROM THE OTHER TEAM MAY BE AND NEED A SCORE IF YOUA RE BEHIND!!

Anyway , after that disaster the team responded and scored and had another chance to score but missed a FG. Better first half than many games and almost had the lead and only gave up points when Davidson started at your 29 .

Second half got momentum early ,had it in Davidson territory and fumbled the snap and tried to pick it up{ FALL ON IT NEXT TIME } got hit and it squirted 20 yards down field into y9ur territory , momentum stopped and game went south from there. Credit to Davidson for controlling the second half after that . Late TD after missing on 4th down deep in your territory made the game seem like a blowout score wise but anyone who knows anything about football knows it wasn't .

Nice response after getting down 10 , driving to the 27 but Davidson covered the 4th and 7 play very well and stopped the Rocks again on 4th down. BALLGAME . GAME SET MATCH .

OK , so this is the last time I'm going to talk about this game as it becomes irrelevant after this week , but what annoyed me and always has is some people not so much disagreeing with my analysis or take on things without offering a real rebuttal but questioning and disagreeing with me saying it altogether.

For instance mentioning demographics is OK if I say certain Programs have really good football demo's [Pick C, Wayne to name just two } but I mention Coffman's and it's EXCUSES WEAK SAUCE. If I mention reasons why Coffman lost based on FACTS of what happened , it's not cool I should not say what happened and why and just say you kicked our azz and won , good luck .

Injuries , turnovers, starting field position , stupid coaching decisions , poor alignment , missed assignments are al part of football and reasons why somethings happen on the field and don't happen . Taking crap from people who bash Coffman never come on after a loss , never have ever given any credit to them , yet expect tons of credit from me and whine when it isn't enough is pathetic .

In the past I have heard all about Davidson excuses { Reasons } why they lost ranging from the bird flu , foot and mouth disease , bubonic plague , sore wrists , the sniffles and colds , rashes , procedure penalty's that got them off schedule , turnovers bad calls and yes bad coaching decisions at times. They can say these thigns but me? NAH , just admit Davidson crushed you and move along . Have seen this for 13 years that I have read and or posted. Davidson doesn't have the same amount of posters of course as they did on the old huddle . Different dynamic, but unless you are here on a regular basis and at least once came on after a loss to Coffman and gave an honest account of what happens , I don't respect your takes . You only want credit and more credit for EVERYTHING that happens . You only come when your team wins a game PERIOD .

As for disagreeable sorts questioning and patronizing me on saying something about next years game? I have been at this for a while and only 3 times have I predicted a Coffman win over Davidson a whole year before the game . 2007 , Coffman won and finished 13-1 losing by 3 to eventual state champ and undefeated ST X. Before last year that year of 2007 was the last time Davidson didn't make the play-offs . 2012 - Coffman up at one point 33-3 , game ended at 33-10 . And 2014 , Coffman won 24-9 . Last year I may have mentioned I thought Coffman would likely win but I don't think I was as sure.

That's it . Reasoning was simple and the same as it is for next years game , Coffman has more talent back than HD does. HD loses their whole offense { If there was a Jr. who made any impact tell me who it was } and does return 4 starters { may be 5?} on defense but may be TWO impact guys ? They lose their best players to graduation, almost all of them .

So if you want to disagree with me even opining about that and patronizing me? Save it . I don't happen to think that the Davidson kids playing on Saturday mornings this past season are going to beat Coffman returning Friday night starters because they are better people in your eyes and not move in's { Coffman had one playing on Friday night who came here three years ago} and will run through brick walls , PM me the week before the game and I will honor any bet you want to make .

I know, I need to me more coachlike .

So , that being said , I wouldn't play this game with my critics money . I don' have any problem with solid disagreement , unless the disagreement is for even mentioning what I do. I won't get into this other pet peeve in depth but 'exceptions aren't the rule . People arguing ideas and truths based on low percentage exceptions exasperate me and tells a lot about how people think and how they don't think .

Anyway that's off my chest .

Coffman 34 Westland 13 - Let down spot, very disappointing second half and especially 4th quarter , but as I always do and have for years I will give credit where it is due, for the first time the Rocks lost the second half, and Davidson of course had most to do with that . Tough to get up after that especially to play this game on the road . Not sure who will play even . Do you hold the injured out yet another week even if cleared? Or do you get them some snaps ? Kids aren't the same right away after missing multiple weeks , My thought would be to paly them even if only a quarter or a half . Westland played CC better than I thought and moved the ball . Not sure how much Coffman is interested here. Final phase of the season is here.

Does the team keep limping around this week , going through the motions , kids still not playing ? Or do you take frustration out on Westland ? Not sure at all, my guess is a hangover from last week and they lay in bed longer than they should. I have given some credit to Coffman and the staff for being even keeled and not prone to overreacting and panicking . Well sometimes I will admit I wouldn't mind seeing more fire and energy from the staff to help the players get up. Raise your voice, remind the of expectations, get them a bit pi3s5ed off ? Westland cover which I think they get has me in a mood that suppresses my appetite and I just go home with the winnings and heat up some leftovers.
Old 10-18-18, 09:44 AM
All World

I don't think it was Sass , I could be wrong of course and realize why you might think that , but having broken my collarbone in HS I don't think he would be near ready yet . The timing isn't there for that scenario. If Cutler did indeed push this soon on that injury? I can't picture it but if true It's certainly a problem. Playing time doesn't fall into the health and wellness area although lack of playing time can make you sick in other ways lol . Taking playing time away is a huge motivator and parents get too involved at times in this , BUT Cutler is free to make that decision without repercussion or should be anyway.
Old 10-18-18, 11:22 AM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
I don't think it was Sass , I could be wrong of course and realize why you might think that , but having broken my collarbone in HS I don't think he would be near ready yet . The timing isn't there for that scenario. If Cutler did indeed push this soon on that injury? I can't picture it but if true It's certainly a problem. Playing time doesn't fall into the health and wellness area although lack of playing time can make you sick in other ways lol . Taking playing time away is a huge motivator and parents get too involved at times in this , BUT Cutler is free to make that decision without repercussion or should be anyway.
I don't think Sass is anywhere close to being able to play. Even if they make the playoffs. He also plays basketball and, of course, wants to be ready for baseball. He is not going to try and come back too soon for football. Has to be someone else. In today's world, best to over react than not act at all.
Old 10-18-18, 11:27 AM
All District

Harry - Glad to see you get some things off your chest & let them go. Demographics, talent, move-in's, past year's & next year predictions, posters bias towards the Shamrocks, Hilliard Davidson's excuses for past losses to Dublin....on to week 9!

I actually think you are spot on regarding this weeks game vs Westland, I could see a bit of a hang over at first but a 3 or 4 td win for Dublin in the end sounds about right. If anyone is still questionable regarding injuries, you rest them this week. Westland has been surprisingly competitive this year having only 2 losses of greater that 21 pts (Delaware in wk 3 & Olentangy Orange in wk 5). It's Senior night for Westland so it could be close after the 1st quarter but again, just too much for the Cougars to pull an upset.

Harry - no mention of food places to eat prior to kickoff. Might a suggest one for you. Ann & Tony's Italian Restaurant in West Jefferson. It's only 6 miles from Westland HS so you would be at the game in less than 10 minutes. Get there early, they are quite busy. It's been around since the 1950's - good Italian grub and an adult beverage or two if you wish. Or you could go to the casino, I hear the restaurant there is good. I've never been there myself but be careful - the west side is a bit different/more challenging than the burbs of Dublin.
Old 10-18-18, 12:26 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Coffman is going to spank Westland IMO with no trouble. Who on that Westland team is going to stop Drennan ? He put up some nice yards and dragged some Davidson tacklers along the way on a couple of runs against one of the best defenses in the state. The kid has more power that you would think for his size. Impressive.
Old 10-18-18, 01:36 PM
Junior Varsity

Killer Nut is on a distinguished road
Harry, give Beer Barrel in Hilliard a try. Good before and after game retreat.
Old 10-18-18, 02:26 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Nut View Post
Harry, give Beer Barrel in Hilliard a try. Good before and after game retreat.

Another great place to go although not in Hilliard but just about 5 or 10 minutes minutes away depending on the traffic, is a little old dive next to the train tracks on Trabue Road called Johnnie's Tavern. The home of the Super Burger.The menu is limited but the burgers are tremendous !
Not sure if I would go there at night but it's fine during the day. Love that place. I like to go there a few times a year.
Old 10-18-18, 02:36 PM
Junior Varsity

Killer Nut is on a distinguished road
+ 1 on Johnnie's. I also hit it up a couple of Saturday afternoons a year. I think I would pass on an after game visit but would go pregame.
Old 10-18-18, 05:08 PM
All World

Thanks for the tips guys appreciated. Sometimes the small dives , overlooked places in certain parts of town serve a few tasty morsels or a classic specialty sandwich.

I have driven by that joint on Trabue at some point can't remember when but wouldn't have thought that a windowless barroom in that area would be a great place for a burger .

Beer Barrell I will try at some point thanks . I was told a couple years ago that the Plain City Pub had a great cheeseburger. it's about 15-20 minutes from the house

So the wife and I went there on a Friday night and were really happy we did . Really cool people folksy friendly and fun crowd. Had some laughs with the locals had a great burger a couple beers and really enjoyed it . Unfortunately it is closed now , but that was a fun couple hours .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-18-18 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-18-18, 05:58 PM
All World

Week 9 cont.

O-Orange at O-Liberty - LP Line OL - 9

Liberty has had some foot and mouth , mad cow's and athletes foot problems . They are rounding into form though. They also are in the play-offs regardless . What does that mean ? Not entirely sure but I do know that I have won some games based on motivation over the years. Liberty will have their Senior night . Does that Mean much? My thought is it usually is a negative thing. Distracted , not the normal routine , but a necessary ceremony . I have seen teams come out flat on this night . Orange the team that needs the win for the play-offs and is hot ? Liberty ? If they lose they beat Westy North the next week and have a more than 50 percent chance of a home game as the 4 seed.

Liberty is not as good as last year we al know that, and orange had a terrible start as Harrison was hurt. Now they are playing well and are dangerous as I have alluded to in other posts .

The competition is really tight amongst the Olentangy's the last few years and this game has that written all over it on both sides. Okuely is a player , he is a good thrower and can run with it . Harrison will limit that . Close one

Liberty 24 Orange 20 - Orange covers the 9 but loses late? I am tempted to call for the upset and might if having the option at plus money pay on the money line with Orange to win outright but I am very confident that I can cover the 9 and if it was real like College and the NFL games I would bet with a hand a half , not both hands but a unit and a half .

If the Orange Harrisons cover this and I have a lot of confidence they will , I will head to a place I have never been to but heard is very good?

Senor Antonios Mexicano restaurant . Can't wait, , try to get to this spot before Christmas .
Old 10-18-18, 06:34 PM
All World

Week 9 cont.

Sometimes when handicapping football which I have been doing in varying degrees for about 25 years , you get a situation that just tells you9 ? Take advantage of this. Now this isn't science of course the ball bounces in weird ways the wind changes quickly , players make mistakes and have brain freezes and coaches let their ego's make their decisions for them.

But when you see certain situations enough times over many years in any exercise you become adept at not only recognizing them but making the right decisions based on that information .

Lancaster at Pick North - LP Line PN - 3

This line would be about PN - 10 points just a few weeks ago. What has changed since then? Well Lancaster has show to have some speed and athletes that they haven't had in the recent past is a quick answer. But the real answer is obvious . The Gaels beat PC with a late rush of two TD'S in the last 3 minutes a PC team that had PN the next week . They handled Gahanna who had no incentive to win as they can go 5-5 and make the R-2 field. Not only that Gahanna was off of a huge upset win vs R-Burg. Let down AND HAVING TO TRAVEL TO FAIR LAND? No chance as I said last week.

PN could have beaten PC if they executed a bit better . Twice they entered the red zone vs PC and scored ZERO points . 16-7 final ? That matters . The key to me having seen PN is they ran the ball well against a really good opponent for may be the first time all season with Martin going for 135 vs PC?

I make cases for teams and against teams when I handicap games , cover every angle . Lancaster and PN have the same exact incentive, , Lancaster is off two great wins PN off of a loss the only thing that gives me pause is the PC physical game that may have sapped PN this week but I go back forth and analyze it a bit more and what comes clear is PN is better , has more speed and talent , is home and the line is perfect .

PN 31 Lancaster 23 - PN is better and moves to week 10 vs,. Gahanna with a play-off berth in front of them. Lancaster laments losing to Darby by a point missing an extra point and looks to next year. This one? Best bet territory but just barely . I have the real best bet to come

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-18-18 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-19-18, 02:25 PM
All World

Week 9 cont.

Going for 12 plays this week ton catch up two out of area opinions.

Colerain at Fairfield - LP Line Colerain -13

Colerain OWNS this conference . Fairfield has a few great athletes, but Colerain has more good athletes and a better team , I think Fairfield is a very solid team , Colerain may be a special team this year though . Win and cover for Colerain

Colerain 34 Fairfield 17

Mentor at Euclid - LP Line Mentor - 3

This coach for Euclid , Rotsky { is there a better coaches name ?} has quite a reputation for extreme coaching if you will . He is hyper , over the top and his school welcomes all athletes from many places . His team it is said to have more transfers, / move in's etc. than others and has been at other places where this dynamic has bene present. Ok I don't know much other than I what I have read here and in the press , but I think it is a universal feeling. Mentor is a great program looking for their first title.

Been to the finals almost a handful of times now , coming up short each year . Closest call when they lost to Davidson by one point in 2006.

This line is based on the games played with talented Soph QB Kipp. He is out this week . They use their top receiver as the back-up so you lose the QB and the receiver . Euclid will be primed here to pull the mild upset .

I think they get it

Euclid 28 Mentor 20 -

7 down 5 to go .